No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Farm Stay Victoria Overview:
Australia’s most densely populated state, Victoria, is a world away from the typical desert like Aussie Outback. It has a temperate climate and so ideal for agriculture - a good proportion of Australia's wine, wheat and wool comes from here.
Victoria is of course dominated by the very livable Melbourne though - the vast majority of visitors to the state spend most of their time there though the spectacular Great Ocean Road is also rightfully popular. Most of rural Victoria therefore is very much undisturbed by tourism.
Many native Melburnians though will be familiar with winter sports in the Victorian Alps, hiking in the Grampians, visiting old mining towns like Ballarat and Bendigo, or wine tourism in the likes of Sunbury or Yarra Valley for example.
As mentioned, Victoria is a strongly agricultural state and so has its fair share of farm stays, most of them, as most are in Australia in general, in the form of self catering cottages. Being a small state they will also all be within easy access of Melbourne.
Here then are our choices for the best farm stays in Victoria. All of them come with instant online booking and a lowest price guarantee via our affiliate partnership with Booking.com.
- Bimbadeen Farm Retreats has eco friendly self-contained accommodation on a 340 acre working farm on Phillip Island, just south of Melbourne, Victoria, between Penguin Parade and the Grand Prix Circuit. THE ACCOMMODATION: The modern, villas come with one, two or three bedrooms, to sleep a maximum of 10 people. If you’re expecting some kind of rustic farmhouse experience you’ll be disappointed, the villas are thoroughly modern and minimalist chic but that aside they are super comfortable, clean and well equipped. Check them out in detail on the booking page here. It may not be classic farm accommodation but you can certainly expect a classic Aussie farm experience. The farm animals, cows, sheep, alpacas and hens, roam all around, they are friendly and approachable and you can have plenty of interaction with them throughout your stay plus get involved in farm tasks; collecting eggs, feeding the animals, beekeeping etc., if you so wish. The accommodation is self catering with a well equipped kitchen and you will be supplied with basics like milk, tea and eggs, but if you don’t feel like cooking at any stage you can also order BBQ lunch and dinner packages. THE LOCATION: Bimbadeen is on Phillip Island, less than ten minutes drive from Cowes and around an hour and a half from Melbourne City Centre. The island is peaceful and rural, has some lovely beaches and wildlife parks. Penguin Parade is the most famous but there are more, details of which you can find here Phillip Island Parks. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Fantastic – heaven on Earth! Absolutely loved this place. So peaceful and quiet, and the views were gorgeous. Waking up in the morning and looking straight out over open fields was a wonderful start to the day. The accommodation itself was spacious and very clean and the bed was very comfortable, with luxurious linens. The bathroom was supplied with lovely toiletries and the kitchen was stocked with a few basics (tea, coffee, milk, sugar and a few eggs from the farm and some biscuits) which was really great. If we ever visit Phillip Island again, we’ll definitely stay here.…” “A relaxing and enjoyable experience for READ MORE
- Category: Self Catering Farm StaysAddress: 54 Ingram Road
AustraliaLess than an hour from Melbourne city centre at the gateway to Victoria’s Yarra Valley, lies Raynella Alpaca Farm. It is a gorgeously peaceful, adults only, rural retreat surrounded by miles of open fields and with its own herd of adorable alpacas. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two air conditioned, self catering cottages on the farm. Both are one bedroom but come with an extra sofa bed in the lounge. As you will see on the booking page one is described as a one bedroom house the other as a one bedroom apartment. Both are very comfortable, clean and well equipped but the ‘house’ is that bit more spacious and plush, it comes with a spa bath in the bathroom for eg. and is worth the extra money. Check out all the details on the booking page here. Both are self catering but you will be supplied with a generous, fresh breakfast pack in the morning. THE LOCATION: The setting is beautifully rural and picturesque but still an easy drive from central Melbourne. You’re also close to at the beautiful Yarra Valley, one of Victoria’s rural highlights, with plenty of bushwalking, mountain biking, winery tours, farmer’s markets and good food and wine to enjoyed. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Perfect! Very spacious, clean, well appointed and comfortable . Would have liked to stay longer. Hosts provided transport for us to and from a wedding nearby, which was greatly appreciated. Home made bread and breakfast provisions were fabulous!.…” “Exceptional: This was a beautiful location. My partner and I went for a wedding in the area and decided to stay the weekend. We enjoyed the award winning nearby wineries and loved the serenity of this location. It was quiet and clean, with great facilities. Each day we enjoyed saying hi to the friendly alpacas and enjoyed feeding them. The baby alpacas were very cute. The staff were extremely accommodating and very friendly – We would come again…..” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT RAYNELLA ALPACA FARM STAY: READ MORE
- On a lovely spot overlooking the Tambo River east of Melbourne, Victoria, the pet friendly Rivendell Farm is a relaxing rural retreat with luxury self catering cottages on its working farm which keeps cattle, hens, peacocks and guinea fowl. It has beautiful grounds to explore, spa facilities and some fantastic, locally sourced food and wine at its on-site, farm to table restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: The choice is between a very stylish and romantic one bedroom chalet with hot tub, and a spacious three bedroom, two bathroom cottage that can accommodate up to seven people. The latter can also be booked as a one or two bedroom unit for a cheaper rate. Check out all the details on the booking page here. The accommodation is of the highest quality and there is plenty of outside space to enjoy, with lovely gardens, the farm of course and also a private beach on the Tambo River. You can try your hand at fishing, relax in the spa or hot tub, or enjoy a hike and a picnic in one of the many scenic spots around the estate. The accommodation is self catering but for breakfast, and plenty more, there is a fantastic restaurant at Rivendell. It is a stylish, rustic-chic venue serving locally sourced, seasonal food, as well as a good selection of local gourmet wines, and with much of the ingredients coming fresh from their own kitchen garden. THE LOCATION: The farm lies on the banks of the Tambo River, in East Gippsland, just over three hours from Melbourne city centre. The area is famous for its wines and there are dozens of wineries in the surrounding area, many of which you can visit. You’ll also find many good restaurants, farmer’s markets, arts and crafts shops and good surf beaches. Its a relaxing, peaceful region but has a well established rural tourist infrastructure and so, as well as wine and food tourism, you can enjoy horse riding, 4WD tours, fishing, nature walks, canoeing, boating, surfing and plenty more without having to travel very far WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazingly beautiful. EVERYTHING. Josh the chef, you are seriously HIGHLY talented. Please continue to READ MORE
- Just over two hours from Melbourne, near Victoria’s Great Ocean Road and just five minutes from Johanna Beach, Johanna River Farm has pet friendly, and family friendly self catering cottages with lovely ocean views. The farm is a 280 acre working farm with animals including sheep, goats, hens and ducks. THE ACCOMMODATION: The cosy cottages, which can sleep up to four, are spacious, comfortable and stylish, and all have an outside terrace with seating from where you can enjoy some great views of the ocean and the surrounding countryside. There are barbecue facilities outside too and inside you can prepare meals in the well equipped kitchens. You’ll also find spacious lounges with TV and DVD players, and one cottage has its own spa bath. Check your options out on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: There is a lot to do in the surrounding area; there is the lovely Johanna Beach just five minutes down the road while the Otway Fly Treetop Walk and the Cape Otway Lighthouse Station are both less than a half an hour away. Slightly farther away there are more attractions to be explored like the Otway Fly Treetop Walk, Apollo Bay and the iconic Twelve Apostles. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Quaint & quiet farm stay, excellent for young kids! The hospitality by Helen & Julian was awesome. The animals were so friendly. highly recommended :)…” “The hosts and farm animals were super friendly and the beach was just a short drive away! Also very accessible to major sites like 12 Apostles, Port Campbell and Apollo Bay. Overall an excellent experience I would highly recommend….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT JOHANNA RIVER FARM: READ MORE
- Daysy Hill has a selection of very nice, rustic style, self catering cottages and suites on its working farm near Port Campbell, VIC, next to the incredible scenery of the Great Ocean Road. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation ranges from one bed suites (with spa bath) to spacious cottages which can sleep up to seven. Check them all out in detail on the booking page here. You’ll find all of them clean, comfortable, well equipped and nicely furnished. Most have some outside space and some also have lovely views over the surrounding farmland. Facilities include WiFi, TV, cosy gas log fires, well equipped kitchens and barbecues, plus outside there is a large covered barbecue/kitchen area which guests are also free to use. THE LOCATION: The farm is less than two minutes drive from the little town of Port Campbell and the Port Campbell National Park where you’ll find the famous Twelve Apostles section of the Great Ocean Road. The journey from Melbourne should take less than two and a half hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We loved it here! I feel lucky that I found this place – only a couple mins drive away from the main area but it felt like it was in a world of its own. We stayed in one of the spa studios and had a lovely balcony overlooking the gardens. Amazing room and the spa bath was lovely. Would love to come back again.…” “Wonderful surprise! What an adorable place! Just north of Port Campbell – one could walk if one were feeling athletic – with a pastoral view of cows in fields and the property’s exceptional gardens. They were blanketed in flowers in early spring and I bet that’s the normal state of affairs! Our Spa Suite was very romantic – gas fireplace stove and a true two-person spa tub with a shower in the bathroom – but with the little kitchenette, is practical, too. The owner family is very friendly and personable. Was a perfect central jump-off point for the Great Coast Road, the 12 Apostles Gourmet Trail, and Warrnambool. (And fabulous proximity to our favorite restaurant in the area, Forage on the Foreshore!) READ MORE
- Gracefield Farm Stay, is just a half an hour’s drive from Warragul, near Melbourne, Victoria, and has a range of self catering cottages on a large farm right beside the Neerim State Forest, a tremendous area for bush walking and horse riding. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a nice range of clean, cosy cottages that can sleep up to 6 guests. All come with a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom & lounge area with flat-screen TV, DVD, WiFi and laundry facilities. Outside there are terrace areas and BBQ facilities. Check out your options on the booking page here. It’s self catering but with true Aussie hospitality, to get the guests through the first morning, they provide a breakfast basket of eggs, bread, fresh fruit, jams and spreads, tea and coffee. The farm covers a full 97 acres of lovely green pasture land where you’ll find herds of cattle and deer, and a huge range of native wildlife. You’ll find you hosts friendly and welcoming and they are always happy to show guests around the farm. THE LOCATION: Beyond the gentle joy of wandering around the farm and the adjoining forests, Gracefield farm stay is also a good base for exploring some of Victoria’s loveliest rural areas. To the east there is the stunning Baw Baw National Park where on the sub alpine plateau you can go skiing in winter and bushwalking in summer. There is also plenty of places to go horse riding, canoeing, rafting and fishing as well as rock climbing at mushroom rock and some of Victoria’s best white water rafting on the Thompson River. To the north are the Yarra Ranges with their famous mountain ash trees and cool temperate rainforests. Be sure to visit the Rainforest Gallery with its spectacular walkway where you can walk along by the tree tops and see all sorts of wildlife. There are winter sports too in the Yarra, up on Lake Mountain, and you can find some beautiful waterfalls, particularly at Keppel and Phantom Falls. There is also the similarly interesting Bunyip Park to the west and closer to the farmstay there are plenty of smaller attractions; trout fishing at the Noojee trout READ MORE