Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Family Friendly Farm Stays, Farm Glamping, and Self Catering Farm StaysFarm Stay Tags: Farm Stay Western Australia, Perth Farm & Station Stays, and Swan Valley Farm Stays
A vintage railway carriage dating all the way back to 1908 can be your home on this eco-friendly, glamping farm stay near Perth and Guilford, and just on the edge of the famous Swan Valley wine region.
The accommodation is appealingly retro, cosy and comfortable, the owners are friendly and there is a lot to do and see around the farm where you’ll find equally friendly cows, less friendly, perhaps, bees, as well as ducks, hens, fruit trees and the odd visit from local wildlife.
The carriage has been converted into a one double bedroom apartment but with two extra single beds so can sleep up to four. It actually feels spacious enough inside, more than you might expect, with a well equipped, galley style kitchen & lounge with plenty of seating, and an eco-friendly bathroom with solar powered hot water and a composting toilet. You’ll also find a TV & DVD player plus a few board games and books, and it also has air-con and WiFi. Outside there is a nice little veranda with seating and in the gardens they are barbecue facilities, more seating and a wood fired pizza oven.
It’s self catering but also B&B in a way: You’ll be provided with breakfast supplies every morning which include home made bread, tea, coffee, various preserves and cereals, plus some eggs, fruit and honey fresh from the farm.
There are ducks, cows, hens and beehives at the farm plus a nice little pond. The friendly owners can organize guided tours for you and of course you are free to have a look around yourself, though children, naturally enough, should be supervised by an adult.
The farm stay is very near Perth, and also the lovely, historic town of Guilford, less than four miles away. It’s convenient to get to by car or train too: You can be there from Perth city centre in less than 20 minutes by car and there are frequent trains plying the (Midland) route too, with the nearest train station being at Midland itself less than two miles away.
Rusty Hollow Farm is also a good base for exploring the Swan Valley Wine Region, a mecca for lovers of good food and wine. The Swan River is only about ten minutes away by car and from there you can join some of the numerous boat trips up and down the river or take a tour around by road; the so called Swan River Food and Wine Trail, a roughly 25 mile route which goes through some nice rural landscapes with lots of places of interest along the way; boutique wineries, farmers markets and top restaurants, chocolate factories, wildlife parks and golf courses.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
Tracy from U.S.A: “Such a fun and unique place to stay!! Wonderful hosts; wonderful accommodation in a train carriage. The kids – and all of us – LOVED the farm animals and being able to help with chores in the morning.”
Sheren from Australia: “Beautiful farm stay accommodation. Fresh home baked bread, free range eggs. Lovely hostess who thought about all the little extras.”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Lot 23 Stirling Crescent,
- Farm With Animals
People are also looking at these nearby stays:
- Less than a half an hour from Perth city centre, this Swan Valley farmstay is very highly rated and with good reason. It is stylish and chic, akin to a boutique hotel, but with a pleasant country farmhouse vibe. You’ll find the owners hospitable and friendly and the breakfast here is particularly good. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two double Read more...
- Swan Valley Farm B&B is a welcoming, peaceful farmstay near Perth, and in the heart of the Upper Swan tourist area. The nearest towns being Upper Swan itself about two miles to the east and Belhus about a mile to the south. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of comfortable rooms and suites, all with flat screen TV, WiFi and Read more...
- This peaceful relaxing farm stay is near Perth, at the edge of the famous Swan Valley wine route. It’s only about 45 minutes drive from the centre of Perth in fact, and less again from the airport. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is in the form of an ‘executive suite’; a spacious and very comfortable self catering chalet with a Read more...
- This very friendly farm stay, one and a half hours north of Perth, Western Australia, is on a large working farm with cows, sheep and its own lake, and can offer both B&B and self catering accommodation. The self catering is a private three bedroom cottage with all modern facilities and a patio at the front and back with barbecue Read more...