Pet friendly Montana Hill Guest Ranch invites you to the gentle hills of British Columbia’s South Cariboo to enjoy some rural bliss, some old style Canadian hospitality and to do exactly as much or as little as you like. It has horseback riding, spa facilities, good food, hospitable hosts and a choice of four comfortable and cosy private log cabins each with a fireplace and an outdoor hot tub.
The accommodation is in classic style log cabins, all with one double bedroom, kitchenette, lounge and one bathroom. The lounge has a double sofa bed too so each cabin can sleep up to four people. They are comfortable and clean with modern facilities; flat screen TV & WiFi, and there is a nice cosy ambience throughout, more especially as they all feature those old style cast iron stove heaters.
Cosy doesn’t mean small though, they have more than enough space for four people to relax comfortably both inside and out, where there is an old style porch with a hot tub, barbecue facilities and outdoor furniture. In the main ranch house there is a common lounge area to socialize with the owners and the other guests. There’s a library there and a billiards table.
They have spa facilities too and can offer, amongst other things, massage therapy with organic essential oils, hot stone massage therapy and beauty treatments including manicures and pedicures.
Though the accommodation is self catering, breakfast is included in the rate and it is generous and hearty, and includes some real quality coffee. You can also join one of the western themed, full three course, evening meals with other guests at the ranch house and order trail lunches and picnic baskets to be made up if you want to head out on the range.
Outside on the ranch there is a herd of red angus cattle and of course horses. Horseback riding is a big activity here and there are some lovely trails around the ranch and the surrounding area. You can bring your own horse along with you, they have paddock areas with shelter beside each cabins just for that purpose, or you can use one of the well cared for ranch horses which can be matched with all levels of rider.
They can also arrange some cowboyish type displays and lessons, such as roping etc. with a professional cowboy, and in winter you can head off cross country skiing. Fishing is popular in this area too; there are many good fishing rivers and lakes around, the ranch owners will point you in the right direction.
Montana Hill Guest Ranch lies north east of Vancouver, B.C., about an hour and a half from the popular outdoors tourism city of Kamloops. The area is known as the Cariboo and has beautiful, un-spoilt nature as far as the eye can see, forests of cottonwood and pine, and a huge number of lakes.
The ranch itself is along Highway 24 between 100 Mile House and Little Fort. From Vancouver it will take about five and a half hours by car, from Whistler just a little less; around five hours, and from Jasper around four.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- 7915 Machete Lake Rd, Bridge Lake
- Spa Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Farm With Animals
- Hot Tub
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Near Clearwater, British Columbia, Canada, Wells Gray Guest Ranch is a western style ranch farmstay with plenty of activities to be enjoyed including horse riding, hiking, fishing, golfing and white water rafting, all of which can be organized from the ranch. They have cute, rustic, western style accommodation with a seating area and patio. They all have free WiFi access Read more...
- In Louis Creek Valley, near Kamloops city, British Columbia, Tod Mountain Guest Ranch offers all inclusive accommodation packages that include horseback riding lessons, all meals and plenty of drinks and snacks too. The setting is wild and beautiful, and the views are spectacular. The Accommodation: Their rooms are in the form of individual cabins and are cosy, comfortable and Read more...
- In the heart of British Columbia, Canada, beside the Kettle Valley Railway and just half an hour from Kelowna city center, Myra Canyon Ranch is a cool mix of farmstay, adventure park and horse riding stable and showcases some lovely modern wooden architecture along the way. It’s very highly rated accommodation, both self-catering and B&B, is super comfortable and Read more...
- On Bowen Island, just outside Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, this gorgeous little cottage farm stay on a small farm is a very popular choice. There is free WiFi throughout, a kitchenette, lounge and cosy fireplace. Outside you have a nice little patio with outside seats and barbecue facilities and you are free to wander around the farm and meet Read more...