No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are out choices for the best farm house B&Bs in Australia in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- The Donnybrook Eco-Retreat is an off-grid property that provides luxury, safari style, glamping tents in 100 acres of gorgeously peaceful, lush Hunter Valley countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three tents in total, all of which are doubles with queen size bed. One, the Billabong tent is self-contained with its own kitchenette, and sits by itself by a dam while the other two, the Valley View & Hill View, sit near each other on a small hillside. The latter two tents are linked by raised decks and separated by a lovely cedar clad yurt which has a well equipped kitchen and dining area for the use of guests in both tents. If looking for splendid isolation some might find them a little too close to each other and so will be happier with the Billabong tent, but they do allow for some degree of socializing with other guests if you so wish. Check out your options on the booking page here. The accommodation is self catering but a farm fresh breakfast pack is included in the rate and, as the name suggests, features some organic products straight from their own farm. You’ll find the surrounds remarkably peaceful, especially if you’re coming from Sydney. Feel free to wander around the 100 acres of bush and grassland with its farm animals; sheep, ducks, miniature goats and hens, and a huge amount of local wildlife. You can take a swim in the indoor swimming pool (seasonal), borrow a bike from the retreat, go kayaking or fishing too, and of course there is lots to see in the surrounds; the iconic Hunter Valley. Note: There is no Wifi at the retreat. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Donnybrook Eco is close to the Hunter River and within a half an hour’s drive of some of the most well known towns in the area; Maitland, Paterson and Morpeth for eg., as well as lots of its most famous wineries and restaurants. The journey by car from Sydney should take less than two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a lovely spot with a great view, READ MORE
- The Farm, Willunga, South Australia, is a working organic vineyard and olive farm with a lovely setting overlooking the sea. It has a very good on site restaurant & cafe too where you can taste some great local food and wine including some of the farm’s own produce. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have very nice B&B rooms at the farmhouse plus two equally nice self catering apartments with fully equipped kitchens, spacious comfortable lounges with flat screen TV, and lots of outdoor space with barbecue facilities. You’ll find all the accommodation to be of the highest standard in terms of cleanliness, comfort and modern facilities. Check out all on the booking page here. The apartments are self catering but the helpful owners also provide a great breakfast in the farm restaurant or it can be delivered to your apartment. They can arrange bike hire too and the surrounding area is great for cycling and of course swimming, with Aldinga beach being just down the road. The area, McLaren Vale, is also one of Australia’s most famous wine producing regions with lots of wine tourism activities to be enjoyed. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Excellent hosts, beautiful location and amazing breakfast. My wife is coeliac and the kitchen produced some very fine gluten free food for her. We felt very well looked after. Robyn has a great knowledge of the local vineyards and is more than willing to give some recommendations / suggestions on tasting itineraries. The room was very well kitted out and we will certainly return. 10 out of 10 from us!…” “With an incredibly friendly welcome, generous and flexible service, and perfect recommendations, Farm Willunga was an unforgettable experience. Perfect for romantic getaway, wine hunters and looks like an excellent wedding venue….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT THE FARM, WILLUNGA: READ MORE
- This organic farm stay B&B, near Brisbane, Queensland, on Australia’s Sunshine Coast and just 10 minutes from Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo, has a large spacious suite on its small (by Australian standards!) farm with cows, alpacas, pigs and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three accommodation choices. There is the sleek, modern and spacious, suite which has its own separate lounge area with flat screen TV, DVD player and ipod docking station. It also comes with a kitchenette, plus an en-suite bathroom with a nice old style claw foot bathtub. Then there is the cosy ‘tiny house on wheels’ which has 2 bedrooms, 1 of which has a queen-sized bed, the other 2 single beds. There is a TV, reverse-cycle air-conditioning, a full kitchenette and a large terrace outside where you’ll find a BBQ. Finally it has a small bathroom with a shower and compost (no smell!) toilet. Note: the ‘tiny house on wheels’ accommodation involves stairs and a climbing ladder and is not suitable for children under the age of 7. Finally there is the bungalow which has two bedrooms, one with a king size bed and the other with two king size singles. It has a nice bathroom with a claw foot bath tub, and a kitchen and lounge. Outside there is a large outdoor terrace area with seating and a barbecue. Check out all your options on the booking page here. Guests have access to the entire farm and are welcome to help out with farm tasks such as feeding the animals, collecting fresh eggs etc. They also have an organic vegetable garden and the friendly owners give kitchen garden workshops where you can learn how to create your own organic garden at home. There is a common lounge at the farm with books and board games, and there is WiFi throughout. The accommodation is self catering but you’ll also be treated to a great organic breakfast in the morning, included in the rate, and breakfast and BBQ dinner hampers can be provided on request. THE LOCATION: As mentioned the farm is conveniently just 10 minutes away from the world famous Australia Zoo, a definite must visit in the READ MORE
- On the edge of the outback in New South Wales, Australia, this pet friendly farm stay, halfway between Sydney and Adelaide, is a great way to experience an authentic Australian sheep station and large farm producing irrigated crops. THE ACCOMMODATION: All cottages have modern comforts including five star bedding, air conditioning and heating. Full kitchen and dining facilities for self catering with dinner hampers also available. Full breakfast hampers are included free of charge in the rate for the one and two bedroom cottages. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Corynnia Station is an old working station and farm tours with your hosts are usually available. There is also a magnificent garden oasis with a swimming pool and tennis courts. You’ll find pushbikes and friendly animals, bushwalking, amazing 360 degree skies perfect for star gazing as well as paddock picnics and campfires during the cooler months. THE LOCATION: Guests can travel by car – no 4×4 vehicle required – or they can fly direct by private plane to the Corynnia Station Airstrip. Guests need to bring a full tank of fuel because there is no fuel supply available within 65 kilometres of Corynnia Station. Do not use GPS as it will not give you correct travel times and directions. Corynnia Farm Station is one hours drive from Hay and 45 minutes from Griffith. Full, detailed directions will be given after reservation. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The station was awesome. Felt relaxed and was such a beautiful place to stay the sunrise and sunset….” “Wonderful cottage stay in a beautiful setting. Can only recommend!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CORYNNIA STATION FARM STAY: READ MORE
- Blueberry Hills on Comleroy has charming accommodation, both B&B and self catering, on a 14 acre farm near Sydney with alpacas, sheep, hens, fruit orchards, and beautiful views over the surrounding countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of accommodation on the farm, all of which are doubles; two large B&B rooms and a suite at the farmhouse, and two one bedroom cottages nearby. The farmhouse suite is spacious, has a lounge area and a kitchen while the cottages are even more spacious with also its own lounge and kitchen plus lots of semi private outdoor space including a nice veranda to admire the views from. Though the suite and the cottages are self catering you will have a breakfast tray full of fresh bread, eggs, cereals etc. free of charge delivered to you in the morning morning plus little treats during the day like cheese platters and fruit. There is a common lounge at the property and a hot tub, BBQ facilities and an outdoor fireplace in the gardens. Beyond that you can explore the farm where sheep and alpacas roam you can get involved in some farm life if you wish, like feeding the animals or picking fruit and berries in the orchards. Note: No children and no pets allowed! PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: The farm is around an hour to the North West of Sydney in the foothills of the spectacular Blue Mountains, very much a highlight of rural NSW, and surrounded by both the Blue Mountains National Park and the Wollemi National Park. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Exceptional: Very clean, stylish and cosy cottage with great views of nature. Large bathroom and shower, well stocked with books, board games and a selection of local ciders and gins. Spacious bedroom and living area with balcony. Great facilities – outdoor spa, seating area, alpacas nearby, a blueberry orchard and a dam. Loved our stay here and would visit again….” “This property honestly exceeded our expectations! We arrived (on an extremely hot day!) and were immediately greeted with air-conditioning, amazing views, fresh food and READ MORE
- Near Belford and the gateway to NSW’s Hunter Valley wine region, the very highly rated, and intriguingly titled, Block Eight Farm (there’s a rather mundane explanation for the name!), has luxury self catering cottages on its 100 acre, wine and olive oil producing, slice of rural paradise. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation really sets a high standard for other farm stays in NSW to follow. There is a choice of one double bedroom ‘villas’ plus a three bedroom cottage that can sleep up to six. All of them are extremely well appointed, stylish and modern, but still retain something of a homely country farmhouse feel. They are all extremely spacious too, with top of the range kitchens and comfortable, stylish lounge areas with traditional wood burners. The bathrooms too are outstanding and come with underfloor heating. Outside you’ll have a private verandah from where to admire the beautiful views, with one of their complimentary bottles of wine perhaps, and there is a barbecue at your service too. Along with the wine you will also receive complimentary gourmet breakfast hampers, Nespresso coffee pods, a selection of Hunter Valley cheeses, and some other little treats too. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARDS: Though having great success with luxury agritourism Block Eight is also a fully working farm and vineyard. It has been producing quality wine for many years now including Semillon, Shiraz Rose and Frizzante. They produce a line of extra virgin olive oil too from their ten acres of frantoio olive groves. You can sample the produce and of course buy some to take home as you wish. There are lots of animals at the farm, both wild and tame, with dozens of wallabies, kangaroos, swans and goannas for example roaming around, as well as, amongst others, their own domestic pigs, goats and hens. Note: To keep a peaceful atmosphere this farm stay can’t accommodate children or pets! THE LOCATION: The farm is in a beautiful setting and you can feel free to wander around both the farm and the bushland that surrounds. Outside the farm boundaries there is a READ MORE
- 15 minutes drive from Beaudesert Queensland, Australia, this family friendly, organic farm stay has very comfortable suites and cottages, both B&B and self catering, all of which have at least a kitchenette and a lounge area with flat screen TV and WiFi. They have an on site restaurant too that serves meals on request throughout the day. Besides hanging out with the animals, which include sheep, ponies, horses, cattle, peacocks and kangaroos, guests can relax on the large gardens and patio, organize a barbecue or play tennis, pool or darts while the kids entertain themselves at the children’s playground. Clandulla Farm Stay is about a half an hours drive from Tambourine Mountain Gold Club, well under an hour from the centre of Brisbane and less again from the beaches of the Gold Coast. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We loved the peace at the farm. We felt so at home from the time we set foot with the warm hospitality. The kids had an amazing time with Farmer John and the animal friends. We will love to be back again soon…..” “Delightful paradise with ‘Farmer John’ & ‘Lorna’ being perfect hosts, especially when it came to the animals. Amazing family stay!…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CLANDULLA FARM COTTAGES: READ MORE
- In Ballandean, outside Stanthorpe, Queensland, Australia this homely farmhouse stay is set among 160 acres of rich farmland and has plenty of farm animals as well as local wildlife to see. THE ACCOMMODATION: The spacious house has four comfortable double bedrooms and two bathrooms (with spa bath) and can sleep up to eight people comfortably. There is WiFi, a flat-screen TV/DVD player and a games room with air hockey, billiards and a mini gym. You’ll have the entire house to yourself and its fully self catering though the friendly owners are always on hand if you need anything, and they also offer a free breakfast hamper for the first morning of your stay. You’ll be free to wander the farm and meet some of the animals which include sheep, alpacas, goats, hens and peacocks. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is in the centre of the Southern Queensland‘s granite belt wine region with the lovely and very historic town of Tenterfield less than a half an hour down the road. There are also three national parks nearby; Bald Rock, Sundown and Girraween which have incredible landscapes to explore and are particularly well known for their many unusual rock formations, waterfalls and forests. The Gold Coast is around 160 miles away back east with the city of Brisbane being a little bit less. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Really comfortable, animals to feed and lots of running around for the kids. Fantastic breakfast essentials supplied. Lots of space for people to relax in different areas. Hosts helpful but unobtrusive….” “Windswept has managed to combine the rustic charm of farm-stay accommodation whilst tastefully and thoughtfully providing all you need and more. This is a great spot to get away & unwind and is also in close proximity to some good wineries….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT WINDSWEPT COUNTRY RETREAT: READ MORE
- The eco-friendly Crystal Creek Meadows has four very private, luxury guest cottages on their small farm in the midst of some typically gorgeous Kangaroo Valley countryside, just 3km from Kangaroo Valley village itself. It’s very much a place to relax and recuperate and guests can treat themselves to yoga classes and various day spa and massage packages in the privacy of their cottage or in a secluded spot in the grounds. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice between the one double bedroom cottages; the Billabong and the Jolly Jumbuck, and the two double bedroom; the Fleur Farm and Rose Garden. Check them out on the booking page here. All are spacious and super clean and comfortable with King and Queen size beds and particularly plush bathrooms with free standing bathtubs and stocked with the owners’s own organic, handmade aromatherapy products. Other facilities include WiFi, satellite TV & DVD, cosy log fires and top of the range kitchens. The accommodation is self catering but you can enjoy a generous deluxe breakfast hamper in the mornings supplied by the farm owners, which include some free range farm eggs, home-baked scones and a range of herbal teas. Evening meals too can be arranged with a little advanced notice and if cooking your own you can feel free to pick some of the ingredients; organic fruit, vegetables and herbs straight from the gardens. You can while away the time at Crystal Creek just relaxing and detoxing from the city, but you can also go wildlife spotting, fruit or flower picking, picnicking or night time star gazing. If you want to tour further afield, around the enchanting Kangaroo Valley, you can borrow one of the farm’s bikes. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Kangaroo Valley village is just 3km away from the farm and so you are very central to all that the Valley has to offer. There is much to do and see in the surrounding area, much of it food and wine based, but lots of outdoor sports, hot air ballooning, boat trips and the like can be arranged too. READ MORE
- Heggy’s Farm Cottage near to both Kangaroo Valley & Berry, NSW, is a gorgeous rural retreat on a hilltop overlooking the typically green hills that are a classic feature of this part of rural NSW. The cottage itself is quaint, charming and very well appointed, but it comes second to its fabulous surroundings; the beautifully tended gardens, the farm and bushland, and the lovely views all around. THE ACCOMMODATION: The homely little cottage can sleep a maximum of two, and is fully self catering and fully private. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a lounge area and one double bedroom and bathroom. Though modern, super clean and comfortable, the cottage, quiet refreshingly, doesn’t have any WiFi or TV; it is a place to switch off, though it does have a radio! You can choose to have as much or as little interaction with the friendly farm owners as you like. The farm itself is a fully working farm, with cattle, hens and honey bees. It has won awards for some of its food, with its home spun honey, jams and chutneys, being especially popular. To try some for yourself you will be offered a great, complimentary, gourmet breakfast basket to start the day with which includes fresh homemade bread and farm eggs, and of course their famous honey. You can also of course welcome to buy some of the farm produce to take home. The farm and the bushland that surrounds is lovely to wander around and has various walking trails that can be explored, and guests will also have facilities like the swimming pool and tennis courts at their disposal. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Near the famous Kangaroo Valley and to the town of Berry, NSW, the farm stay is a great base for exploring both. For those not familiar with the area you can read all about it here, but to sum up; this very lovely and very fertile part of rural NSW has long been famous for its rich agricultural tradition, then graduated into being equally famous for various forms of nature and READ MORE
- Ideal for a romantic getaway from Sydney, Emirates One & Only lies hidden away in the Blue Mountain’s Wolgan Valley, between Wollemi National Park and the Gardens of Stone National Park. It is without doubt one of the finest luxury, rural retreats in NSW and offers 40 plush and spacious, eco friendly villas each with private swimming pool. The setting too is sublime; they are part of a seven thousand acres wildlife reserve which boasts some of NSW’s most beautiful scenery. THE ACCOMMODATION: The opulent villas come with one two or three bedrooms, all beautifully designed and furnished in rustic country chic style. They also all come with a range of luxury features, including the above mentioned private swimming pool. Check out all the details on the booking page here. It is a self-contained, all inclusive resort and most room rates include gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, with a range of wines, beers and non-alcoholic beverages gratis alongside them. You have a variety of dining options on the estate including the stylish Wolgan Dining Room with panoramic views, the more casual restaurant The Country Kitchen, and the Valley Bar & Terrace which includes a walk-in wine cellar. Emirates One & Only is very much a place to unwind and destress, and you can do exactly as little as you’d like, though activities are numerous, with 4-wheel drive wildlife safaris (day and night), mountain biking, horse riding, tennis, archery, yoga, bush walks, stargazing, campfire gourmet picnics and much more to be enjoyed. Two packages from their menu of organized nature based activities are complimentary for guests and the One & Only also has a high tech fitness centre, tennis courts, a swimming pool, saunas, steam rooms, and a range of highly praised spa treatments, including beauty therapy using Sodashi skin care products. The Emirates can be a great romantic getaway for couples; the place is so vast that you can have as much privacy as you need, but it also caters very well for kids with a supervised kid’s club with various activities for them, including educational ones where they can learn about nature and conservation alongside bush walking, orienteering, READ MORE
- Brockley Estate offers quality B&B in an 1840’s era colonial farmhouse on a 10,000 acre working sheep and cattle farm in Buckland, East Tasmania, Australia. It is a house full of character, with antique furnishings, old books and paintings throughout, and can feel very much like an escape from both urban and modern life though without compromising on modern comforts and conveniences. The food here is great, they do a fine breakfast and on request also serve some great evening meals with a unique Spanish twist; the menus are arranged by the co-owner Chaxi originally from Tenerife. It also has a well stocked wine cellar with a good range of Tasmanian wines, amongst them the Apsley Gorge pinot noir, rated among the world’s top wines, as well as some locally produced craft beers, whiskies and ciders. Guests are welcome to explore the farm, and the surrounding area with free bicycle available from the farmhouse, and the nearby Prosser River can be used for fishing and canoeing. Hobart airport is just under an hour away by car, with Triabunna, where the ferries to Maria Island depart about 20 mins away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “In the middle of nature, it’s a very cosy place to stay. Everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable was already provided in the cottage. Very nice staff and easy to check in and check out. We will definitely come back again….” “The current Managers of the property went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and even organized a nice picnic as I requested for me and my husband under a beautiful tree. The cottage we stayed was clean and very cozy! Highly recommend this place!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BROCKLEY FARM: READ MORE
- Less than a half an hour from Perth city centre, this Swan Valley farmstay is very highly rated and with good reason. It is stylish and chic, akin to a boutique hotel, but with a pleasant country farmhouse vibe. You’ll find the owners hospitable and friendly and the breakfast here is particularly good. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two double rooms available, both of which have their own private entrance and outdoor terrace. They are also nicely designed and furnished, and have the usual mod-cons; air-con, WiFi, flat screen TV. The bathrooms are very nice as well with the larger of the two rooms, the ‘king room’ also having a spa bath. You’ll be treated to a very good and generous fresh breakfast at Kellers, with much of the ingredients coming from their small working farm. Guests are free to take a look around and meet some of the cows, sheep and pigs that call the place home, and, if they so wish, they can help out with farm chores, collecting eggs etc. THE LOCATION: Keller’s farm is very near Perth, at the edge of the Swan Valley. Here you’ll find lots to see and do; the Swan Valley is very popular with food and nature lovers and you’ll find some nice rural scenery, top class wineries, restaurants, food factories and farmers markets at almost every turn. Just up the road is the famous Margaret River Chocolate Factory for example and the equally famous Sandalford Winery is close by too. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Breakfast is in a world of its own, and we were shown around and participated in the daily workings of the farm. I will definitely be back and recommend anyone for it, especially those with families….” “It was a perfect farm stay experience, the hosts Philips and Marija were so friendly and helpful….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT KELLER’S FARM STAY B&B: READ MORE
- The Red Door Collective on Hermitage road, Pokolbin has classy, boutique accommodation for adults only (over 15s) on its 25 acre vineyard estate and working winery which has sweeping views of the Brokenback Mountains. It has a cellar door which sells its own award winning wines and does relaxed, informal wine tasting sessions, and there is an on-site cafe-diner serving ‘modern Australian fusion food’ which includes wholesome all-day breakfasts and good fresh coffee. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation consists of two private 2-bedroom cottages to sleep up to six, and two private double suites (that can be interconnected if needs be). They are all super comfortable, clean and well appointed with the cottages being fully self contained with kitchen facilities. Check out all the details on the booking page here. The cottage accommodation is self catering but breakfast is included in the rate for stays of over two nights and includes cooked, a la carte options as well as continental. The RDC cafe serves up great fresh food and coffee all day and you can arrange picnic hampers to take away. Make sure too to sample their highly rated wines at the cellar door. At the RDC you can enjoy a massage in the privacy of your own accommodation or outdoors in the gardens, take one of their guest bicycles to tour the local Pokolbin area or go on one of their guided bike tours. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Very friendly hosts that couldn’t do enough for you. Fantastic location, especially for wine tours and kangaroo spotting, we saw kangaroos everyday and once hopped past us whilst enjoying wine on the cottage patio. Very relaxed vibe in the heart of vineyards and beautiful views! Breakfast was amazing, especially the French toast! The Cottages were equipped with everything you could possibly need. Highly recommend the Red Door Collective!…” “We had a fabulous stay at the RDC and our hosts couldn’t have been nicer or friendlier people! They were so very helpful with ideas for sightseeing while we were in the area and they made us READ MORE
- This pet friendly Tasmania farm stay, near the town of Richmond in the Coal River Valley wine region, is organic and eco-friendly and includes a vineyard, olive groves, vegetable gardens and various farm animals. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two comfortable self catering apartments, both clean and modern and both come with a flat-screen TV and DVD player and a full kitchen, lounge and private bathroom. There is also a private patio and BBQ area. One of the apartments is two bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room and and can fit up to five people, while the other is one bedroom for a maximum of two people. The accommodation is self catering but the friendly owners also provide a free organic continental breakfast which includes freshly baked bread, homemade jams & fruit, and fresh coffee every morning, with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. The entire property is as eco-friendly as possible; half of its electricity needs come from solar energy, the central heating and hot water comes from a wood fired boiler, drinking water is collected from rainfall while the water in the toilets comes from the local river. THE FARM: The farm is a working, eco-friendly, organic farm with a range of animals including horses, sheep and ducks. It also has an extensive vineyard, an olive grove as well as a small orchard and vegetable gardens. In line with ecological principles all waste water from the property is used for irrigation. and they make efforts to be carbon positive too with an annual tree planting program. The owners are enthusiastic environmentalists and farmers and are always keen to show guests around the farm. THE LOCATION: The old town of Richmond, and especially its historic bridge, features in almost all tourist photo albums from Tasmania. The bridge was built in 1820 by convicts of the old Van Diemen’s Land and is to this day Australia’s oldest bridge. A tour of the old Richmond Gaol will you an uncomfortable insight into the hardships suffered by these same convicts. With more than fifty buildings dating back to the Georgian era, its quaint historic streets, and cool READ MORE
- Beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area and the ancient Gondwana rainforest in New South Wales, Australia, The Tops is an award winning organic farmstay on a 2,000 acre estate. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is in the form of self contained, self catering cabins which are super comfortable and come with a full kitchen, a lounge with fireplace, bathroom with spa bath, and flat screen TV and WiFi. In the extensive grounds outside you’ll also find an outdoor swimming pool and a tennis court. The food here is another big attraction, with most of the ingredients coming direct from the farm or from other local organic farms, and they specialize in a variety of Sri-Lankan curries as well as other more mainstream Aussie food. Vegetarians will be well taken care of too, as will anyone with other dietary restrictions. It’s open for breakfast 7 days a week and for dinner on Wednesday to Saturdays. There’s a nice lounge area too at the main farmhouse with comfortable couches around an open fire and guests can play snooker, pool and table tennis or sample some of The Tops’ full range of Rosnay organic wines, Cooper ales and various home made organic juices. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Their huge farm, all two thousand acres of it, is home to cows, goats, horses, geese, ducks and hens as well as numerous native wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, platypus, potoroos and rare white tailed eagles. Running through the farm there is two miles of the Dilgry River, well known as one of the cleanest in Australia, and a great fishing river. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is 2 hours from Newcastle and 3 and a half hours from Sydney, while the town of Gloucester is about 45 minutes away. As mentioned before it is in an enviable setting; right beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area with the ancient Gondwana Rainforest surrounding it. Trips around, and tours of, the surrounding area can be organized at the farmhouse where you’ll find plenty of opportunity for fishing, horse riding, kayaking and mountain bike riding. WHAT READ MORE
- Hillview Farm is a fun, family friendly and pet friendly farm experience between Sydney and Melbourne, just a half an hour from Wagga Wagga NSW, and two hours from Canberra. It has a huge range of accommodation on nearly 1000 acres of farm and bushland which is home to farm animals such as alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens as well as lots of local wildlife. There is a swimming pool and tennis courts in the gardens too. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation consists of farm cottages and lodges and two glamping safari tents. Check out all your options out on the booking page here. The tents are cleverly designed as safari huts equipped with an outside veranda, and so don’t look much like tents until you get up close. The mainly wooden interiors are equally surprising; they are plush and stylish and though the tents are large they have a cosy, comfortable feel. Outside there is a veranda with table and chairs overlooking the vast farm. The self catering, self contained cottages come with either one or two double bedrooms while the lodge has four double bedrooms and can be rented out as a whole unit or by the room. All have that classic Aussie farm cottage look about them and are modern, clean, comfortable and well equipped inside. All of the accommodation is self catering, with either your own kitchen or if just renting a room; a shared kitchen, but a good breakfast is provided every morning, included in the room rate, with continental options as well as classic bacon and eggs. You can also order hearty, home-made classic meals to be cooked for you during the day, desserts, soups and salads too. They have plenty of options but request that you place your orders a few days in advance. BBQ packs, and things like wine and cheese platters can also be ordered and all the accommodation comes with barbecue facilities. The property is a mix of farmland and bushland with the farm being home to alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens and the bushland to kangaroos and lots of other native wildlife. Guests are welcome to wander around and meet some READ MORE