No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are out choices for the best farm house B&Bs in Austria in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Bauernhof Haim is a lovely traditional Austrian farm stay with quality B&B accommodation on its working farm. The area is gorgeously peaceful and rural, with fields of green meadow surrounded by typically Austrian high rocky mountains. The farmstay is also a good base for exploring this lovely part of the country, being conveniently near Lake Grundl, Lake Ödensee, the Tauplitz Ski Area and Bad Aussee. The rooms are all comfortable and inviting, with the usual modern facilities. Though the accommodation is B&B there is also a shared kitchen to use if needed, and there is a quality restaurant within a ten minute walk. There is a small spa area with an infrared cabin on the property too, and outside some nice gardens with a children’s playground. Skiing is of course a big activity around here; you’ll find a ski bus stop 1 km from the farm stay, cross-country skiing trails can be reached within 10-minute’s walk, and they have a secure storage room on the property for bikes and ski equipment. Bad Mitterndorf is about 10 minutes away by car with Lake Ödensee is just 2.5 km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful and calm location, with the view to mountains. Delicious bio breakfast, from the farm. Super polite and nice people, makes you feel that you are part of the family. By car was close to all beautiful places max 20 min. I wish i could stay longer. Differently will come back:)….” “Accommodation was perfect. Hosts were very friendly and thing I would like to highlight was breakfast with plenty homemade products. Such a high rating is really deserved….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BAUERNHOF HAIM: READ MORE
- Feriengut Unterhochstätt is a top quality alpine chalet farm stay with spa just outside Schwendt in the beautiful Tyrol region of Austria and makes for a particularly good farm holiday for families. THE ACCOMMODATION: The suites are spacious and luxurious and as well as the spa bath, some also contain an open fireplace in the lounge area. Their rooms, though less spacious and without some of the perks, are still also of the standard of any quality hotel. All their units, both rooms and suites, have balconies, with nice views over the surrounding countryside, flat screen cable TV and WiFi. There is a children’s playground in the gardens outside, and a swimming pond, while adults can play, amongst other things, table tennis and darts. There is a restaurant and bar here too serving some really great Tyrollean and Austrian food and drink, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from their organic farm, including beef and pork, sausages and eggs. There is a spa and wellness centre at the farm stay too. They have a steam bath, Finnish sauna, solarium and fitness room amongst other things and all their suites come with their own private whirlpool bathtubs. The organic farm is home to a number of the famous highland cattle as well as pigs and hens, and all the guests are welcome to explore, meet the animals and to join in feeding and other daily tasks. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farmstay is great for hiking, cycling and horse riding, all of which can be arranged by the friendly farm owners, with horses and bicycles, including electric bikes for hire. You’ll be close to the Zahmer Kaiser Walchsee and Hochkössen ski centres and there’s a free bus stop and even a cross country ski run right outside the door. It is also close to the German border with the slopes of Geigelstein mountain in Bavaria only about 30km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “An idyllic setting with ample opportunity for outdoor activity. The staff are friendly and eager to helo. Meals are hearty German/Austrian fare and certainly would be hard to go hungry. The included breakfast is excellent. Perfect for READ MORE
- High above the Inn Valley, in the village of Fiss, Tyrol, Austria, this is a very child friendly, family run organic farm with spa, sauna, steam bath and plenty of places for the kids to play. And they can also get involved with looking after and feeding the animals. The surrounding area is great for hiking and of course winter sports with the cable car to the Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis ski area just 5-minutes walk away. And you can also arrange horse riding from the farm too. They have a mixture of self catering and B&B accommodation; all are super comfortable and clean and include WiFi and flat screen TV with satellite channels. In the morning they serve a generous buffet breakfast with plenty of organic food that comes directly from the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This was our perfect vacation! The property is very comfortable, extremely clean, very nice people. The location of the property is great, 5 minutes walking distance to the ski lifts, the ski storage is big and modern. It’s great that you can leave your skis near the ski lift and don’t carry it every day. We liked the breakfast and the coffee was great. Thank you for the great stay!…” “Lovely just lovely perfect for families with children, or a romantic get away. Close to all shops/amenities yet secluded. Would definitely recommend to anyone….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BIOBAUERNHOF POLTEHOF: READ MORE
- Just outside Altenmarkt im Pongau, in the heart of Salzburg, Austria’s winter sports region, Romantische Appartements Sinnhubbauer is a beautifully situated organic farm stay, popular with families on holidays in summer and in winter as a base for skiing, with its easy access to the Ski Amadé and Zauchensee ski areas. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have both B&B rooms and self catering apartments in their traditional Austrian farmhouse and you’ll find all of them super clean, comfortable and modern, with flat screen TV, WiFi, private bathroom and a nice range of stylish wooden furniture. The B&B guests will be treated to a great breakfast every morning which includes organic ingredients from the farm like eggs and their own home made honey, yoghurt and jams. Outside in the gardens there is a large and very fun children’s playground with a game hut, swings, a sandpit, slides, go-carts, scooters, toy tractors, table football and table tennis. The farm is a working organic farm which is mainly busy with the production of milk from its around 40 dairy cattle. It has a number of different other animals too though; pigs, goats, rabbits, ducks and hens. There are some beehives at the farm too and it grows a range of organic fruits and vegetables. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farm is classic Salzburg, and famously beautiful in summer or winter; skiing and other winter sports dominate in winter, with some important resorts very near by, Ski Amadé and Zauchensee, for example, as well as a cross country ski route and a winter hiking trail right next to the farm. The nearest town is Altenmarkt im Pongau, less than 3km down the road. There you’ll find plenty of restaurants, shops and bars and it gets busy with tourists both summer and winter. In summer there is some really great hiking and mountain biking trails around as well as fishing and horse riding. The farm owners will have plenty of recommendations for you and can arrange fishing and cycling trips from the farm, and they let you use their bikes for free. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful place. Nature surroundings, perfectly clean, outside space for kids, animals, possibility to READ MORE
- Baby und Kinderbauernhof Wildfang has a beautifully scenic location in the Klostertal valley, 500 metres from the centre of Dalaas. They offer bright, modern and clean apartments at the farmhouse, all of which have a balcony to enjoy the fabulous views from. It’s self catering but you can also order some delicious home-made breakfasts if you so wish. THE ACCOMMODATION: All apartments come with a kitchen with all kitchenware and a dishwasher. From the balcony you can enjoy panoramic views of the surroundings mountains. Ski equipment can be stored in a separate room on site where they also have a boot dryer. They can also offer a very good breakfast for an extra fee, (though free of charge for children up to 12 years). You can also make use of the barbecue area in the garden while for dining out options you’ll find a few good restaurants just down the road in the centre of Dalaas. There are rabbits, cows, a cat and a dog on the farm, as a well as fruit trees and vegetable groves, and the owners produce their own jam and schnapps. THE LOCATION: The Sonnenkopf Ski Area is 3 km away and the Arlberg Ski Area can be reached by car in 20 minutes. There is also a small ski area in Dalaas for children and beginners from where you can actually ski straight down to the farm stay. Numerous hiking and mountain biking paths can be found close by, there is also an outdoor pool in the centre of the village and a nice adventure park for children just 3 km away. Be sure to ask the owners of Kinderbauernhof Wildfang for more recommendations of activities in the surrounding area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Fantastic location and we were made to feel very welcome. A perfect relaxing stay with a young baby. We all slept very well in the comfortable beds and enjoyed delicious bread rolls for breakfast, delivered to our door each morning. There is plenty to see and do in the area but even spending the whole day on the farm and playing in the garden was good….” “Superb. The kids loved READ MORE
- Das Franzl is a top quality Farm Stay B&B near Lake Wolfgang and Salzburg, with some quirky on site glamping accommodation too. Their little farm has some adorable alpacas and ponies which will be a big hit with children. You’ll find the breakfast here excellent too. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of regular B&B rooms in their very lovely, classic Austrian farmhouse. All of the rooms are stylish and chic with some quirky little interior design features. You’ll find them extremely clean, and super comfortable, and they come with a flat screen TV, DVD player and private bathroom. There is also a cosy self catering apartment which can sleep up to five; two doubles and a single and in the gardens an igloo style glamping tent. The tent has plenty of space, with a double bed, a work desk, seating, a flat screen TV and air-con. Outside too there is a nice wooden deck area with some deck chairs. The farm animals are a nice attraction here, they have some friendly alpacas and miniature ponies that guests are welcome to pet, feed, bring for walks etc. THE LOCATION: The farm stay lies 800 meters from the famous Lake Wolfgang, one of Salzburg’s biggest attractions, with the town of St. Wolfgang being around 3.5 kilometers away (There is a bus stop just down the road from the farm) Water sports are of course popular here as is hiking and cycling (they rent bikes at the farm), and there are great trails right outside the farm that lead up around the hills and offer some magical views. The city of Salzburg can be reached in less than a half an hour by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Cutest hotel ever! Even our cat didn’t want to leave. Breakfast was great, the room was gorgeous and very clean. Also nice to see the alpacas roam around….” “My daughter and I loved the glamping dome! It was such a great place to stay, especially being able to lie in bed and look at the stars and all the quirky details that make Das Franzl unique (alpacas, coloured lights, decor). It was ideal being READ MORE
- Occupying a traditional farm house built in 1721, the Unterbichl guest house is only a 5-minute drive from Flachau and Altenmarkt. All rooms and apartments have a private bathroom and a cable TV. Most of them also feature a balcony. The Unterbichl guest house in Reitdorf can be found in the heart of the Ski Amadé winter sport region. The Therme Amadé spa in nearby Altenmarkt offers relaxation after a day out in the mountains. A cross-country ski slope passes right next to the Unterbichl guest house and in summer, the Enns bicycle path starts in front of the property. Children can have fun on the playground with trampoline and swings. Guest House Unterbichl is also home to many farm animals like cows, horses, pigs, rabbits, a dog and cats. You can enjoy home-made bread and milk. In summer, the cows can be visited on the mountain pasture in Flachauwinkl. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything at superlative! Hosts very welcoming, location, landscape. An excellent reception, great people who made us feel at home!…” “We had a wonderful stay. Karin and her family have been kind and welcoming. Helped us with our needs. The house is beautiful and the views are great. We enjoyed our stay very much. Super….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BAUERNHOF UNTERBICHL: READ MORE
- Hochhubergut is a typical Upper-Austrian farm-house in a beautifully quiet location 5 km from the centre of Aschach an der Steyr. All rooms and apartments come with a modern bathroom, parquet flooring and free Wi-Fi. Apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher and all units feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You can also make use of the large garden with a pond. Cross-country skiing trails and a toboggan run can be found right next to Hochhubergut. The nearest restaurants are 3 km away and a supermarket can be found in the centre of Aschach. The scenic towns of Steyr and Bad Hall are 15 km away. The Hinterstoder Ski Area can be reached by car in 45 minutes. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Fantastic stay: fantastic panoramic views; modern rooms: high quality equipment, friendly owners…..” “Amazing view over the hills. The apartment was really nice and clean. The owner is very friendly and gave us some great tips for the rest of our trip through Austria….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT HOCHHUBERGUT: READ MORE
- In the village of Fügen, at the heart of the Zillertal valley, Austria, and around a half an hour from Innsbruck, Obermooshof is a fun, family friendly, Tyrol farm stay on a scenic working farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a mixture of self catering and B&B accommodation, all of which are clean and comfortable and come with balconies that have lovely views of the surrounding mountains. There is satellite TV in all the units, and private bathroom, and outside there is a nice garden where you’ll find a children’s playground, barbecue facilities and plenty of place to relax and meet the other guests. They serve a generous home made breakfast every morning too with some of the produce coming straight from the farm. The owners are always happy to have guests explore their working farm which has a number of cattle, pigs, hens as well as some pet rabbits and cats. If you wish you can always join in some of the daily tasks, like feeding the animals etc., and lend a hand at indoor activities like making traditional Austrian home made bread and jams. Note: No internet available! THE LOCATION: There are a couple of shops and restaurants in the village, just a short walk from the farmhouse, and the village and its surrounds are a lovely place to wander around and take in the gorgeous scenery. The area, and Tyrol generally, is of course very popular for winter sports and there is a free bus stop to the ski slopes just 300 metres away from the farm stay. It’s also a popular place to visit in summer too, with its spectacular scenery and clean, fresh air. You’ll find a lot of good hikes around and some more gentle walks just around the back of the farm. Swimming is popular in the Tyrol summer too with Schlitters Lake, only 4km from the farm stay, being an enjoyable day out. Another good recommendation is the well known Erlebnistherme Fügen Thermal Spa just 2.5 km away which has indoor pools, spa treatments, saunas and massage therapy, as well as a water fun park. The famous ski town of Innsbruck lies around a READ MORE