No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are out choices for the best farm house B&Bs in Toscana, Italy in 2023! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- With spectacular views of San Gimignano, Tuscany, this lovely traditional farm stay has pet friendly B&B rooms and self-catering accommodation on an organic family farm and vineyard. It’s a homely, friendly place which produces quality wine and extra virgin olive oil, and keeps farm animals too. The food though is the real highlight at Fattoria San Donato, they have a traditional, organic, Tuscan restaurant which serves up some of the best fresh food around, much of which comes from their own farm. If you are impressed with the cooking, as you undoubtedly will, you can also arrange some excellent cooking classes with chef and owner, Federica. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have some nice self catering apartments, and B&B double rooms with private bathroom. All of them are spacious and decorated with a rustic, traditional, Tuscan style. The apartments have two double bedrooms, but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge that can be converted into another double for two extra guests. The lounge is large and comes with a kitchenette too. You can enjoy some really fantastic food and wine at the farm restaurant including a lavish buffet breakfast in the mornings and various meals throughout the day. And, as mentioned above, cooking classes can be arranged too. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool in the large gardens where you can also play table tennis and the kids can enjoy the playground. And all of this with really stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including those iconic towers of San Gimignano. There’s a lot going on in their busy organic farm, it has farm animals; goats, pigs, hens and ducks, and grows vegetables, herbs and fruits including olives and of course grapes. Around the edges of the farm there are patches of woodland that lead on into the Castelvecchio Nature Reserve which has some rugged scenery and lots of local wildlife. The family are always happy to show guests around the farm and the cellars, and to show them how they make their wines, oils and various other food products. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some tasting sessions too. THE LOCATION: The family are also always happy to READ MORE
- Agriturismo Humile offers true romantic escape, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia, near Siena. The property is a restored 18th century farmhouse in a classic Italian rural idyll and, with just three boutique suites on offer, the atmosphere is one of great peace and tranquility. The farmhouse is beautifully designed and decorated and retains a lovely rustic ambience while not compromising on modern comforts and facilities. Outside you have a swimming pool and a hot tub at your disposal in the nicely tended gardens. The entire property is proudly eco-friendly and the farm is fully organic, producing extra virgin olive oil as well as various vegetables and herbs along permaculture principles. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three very lovely suites to choose from, all of which are extremely spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. There is a double bed in each plus a seating/lounge area very nice private bathrooms. Two of the suites are downstairs and have their own private entrance with one being upstairs, accessed through the farmhouse, which has the advantage of having nice views over the surrounding countryside. The thoughtful interior design works beautifully in the suites and throughout the property. It is very much a boutique hotel, while also maintaining strongly its rustic farmhouse essence, and though classically minimalist it has lots of lovely little touches and careful attention to detail throughout. The agriturismo is very environmentally conscious and so they forgo air conditioning for fans (though they do have central heating in winter) and don’t have for example TVs and mini fridges in the rooms (though you are of course very welcome to use the fridge in the farm kitchen) The gardens outside are equally nice, with plenty of seating space, a swimming pool and a hot tub, and is surrounded by the olive groves and vegetable gardens that make up the farm. THE FARM: The farm is fully organic and is maintained on permaculture principles. They grow a range of fruit and vegetables here as well as herbs and medicinal plants and they produce their own excellent quality organic extra virgin olive oil. They make some great fresh fresh food at this agriturismo, their breakfasts are READ MORE
- Just a few minutes from San Gimignano, the 17th century era Agriturismo Mormoraia is consistently among Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismi. It is a beautiful property surrounded by organic wine and extra-virgin olive oil producing farmland, it has gorgeous views of the San Gimignano towers and surrounding countryside, elegant, luxurious accommodation, fabulous food, an outdoor swimming pool, and a spa and wellness centre. Among the animals that call the farm home are horses, ponies, donkeys, goats, sheep, ducks and hens, and guests can enjoy activities such as horse riding, e-biking, hiking, cooking classes, wine and olive oil tasting. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Agriturismo has 30, very tastefully renovated, units varying in size and features from their entry level 16 m² (172 square feet) Classic Doubles to 70 m² Family Suites to sleep 4 and a 110 m² Self Catering 3 Bed Villa to sleep up to 6. Their most romantic suites, most might agree, are the Deluxe Double Rooms with Jacuzzi. None of the accommodation at Mormoraia will disappoint though: even their most basic rooms are thoroughly elegant affairs and come with all modern luxury hotel conveniences. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Their breakfast is an enormous buffet with a mix of Tuscan, Italian and international, including some delectable cakes and sweet stuff. The property’s restaurant is open all day and mainly serves Tuscan traditional accompanied by a selection of the farm’s own organic wines. In the summer dining goes al-fresco on the terrace to create a quintessential Tuscan scene with the towers of San Gimignano in the distance Wine tasting, cellar and vineyard tours are available as are olive oil tastings and cooking classes. You can also go also horse riding, hiking and e-biking at Mormoraia and tour their extensive farm. Other facilities include a swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens, a sauna, a Turkish bath and a beauty and wellness centre with a menu of various massages and health and beauty treatments. LOCATION: Mormoraia is equidistance between Siena and Florence, at a little under an hour from each, and just minutes away from the spectacular town of San Gimignano. The agriturismo is not served by public transport, but READ MORE
- In the rolling hills south of Siena, Tuscany, Italy, pet friendly Tenuta di Corsano has a series of self-catering apartments in a classic 17th century farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and vegetable plots. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic apartments are cosy and comfortable with a kitchen and a lounge area and a choice of one, two and three bedrooms. They are traditional style with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings and all have WiFi, satellite TV, a kitchenette and living area. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and extensive gardens, and the whole property has really lovely views over the surrounding countryside. Though the accommodation is self catering, both breakfast and even meals can also be arranged. THE FARM: It is a working farm with a busy trade in grapes and olives as well as many vegetables that make up some of the ingredients of their excellent home made food. The food at Ville di Corsano is of a very high standard and guests are generally very impressed by their hearty, healthy Tuscan dishes. If you find yourself equally impressed you can arrange cooking classes at the farmhouse which feature some of these same Tuscan specialities. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is on a wonderfully peaceful hillside but still just steps away from the little village of Ville di Corsano. Ville di Corsano is a very cute little place with a population of just 200, and has a church, a shop, a very good restaurant and a small winery. This surrounding area is of course classic rural Tuscany and all of it is fantastic to explore. You’ll find many hiking routes and nature trails around, and there is the nearby Alto Merse Nature Reserve, about 10km from the farmstay. There are many classically beautiful Tuscan towns around too, as well as historical sights and an abundance of food and wine tourism. The friendly farmstay owners at Tenuta di Corsano can give you lots of tips and recommendations, and they can organize tours and various other services such as car hire, bicycle hire, babysitting and transfers from the lovely city of Siena just 16km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place READ MORE
- This very much luxury agriturismo near Florence, in the heart of the Chianti hills, Tuscany, has a history going back to the 14th-century, and a gorgeous hillside setting surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a broad range of accommodation from standard doubles to family rooms that can sleep up to five and some extra spacious suites. Check out your options on the booking page here. Even the most basic of rooms have a whiff of luxury with the only major difference really being the amount of space on offer. All are chic, clean and comfortable, and their mixture of modern and rustic interior design complement the wood beamed ceilings and frescoed walls. Every morning you’ll be treated to a great Tuscan style buffet breakfast including cold meats and cheeses, pastries and jams. Agriturismo Salvadonica also has its own small restaurant which serves some quality local food for lunch and dinner and using the farm’s own olive oil and wine. There is a large garden outside which has lovely views over the Chianti Hills, an outdoor swimming pool, and plenty of space for relaxing and dining. If you’re impressed by the food, and most people are, you can join their daily cooking classes where a professional chef will teach you how to create full three course traditional Tuscan and Italian meals. You’ll have access to a tennis court and fitness center at the farm stay too, and they can also organize a whole host of services including massage, concierge, laundry services, business meeting rooms, bicycle rental, bicycle tours, horse riding and hot air balloon trips. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: Salvadonica has a long history as a farm and a manor, with the farmhouse having been lovingly restored in recent years. The farm itself has five acres of olive groves, four acres of vineyard, and over 15 acres left semi natural as park and woodland. It is a beautifully relaxing place to wander around but it’s also a working farm & winery, producing its own wine and a range of extra READ MORE
- In the heart of the vineyards around Greve in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy, and near to both Florence and Siena, Agriturismo Podere Campriano is a beautifully rustic, family owned organic farmstay that produces some quality wine and olive oil and offers cooking classes and winery tours. It is very much a peaceful little oasis but yet only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the town of Greve in Chianti itself. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their B&B suites and rooms (you can check your options on the booking page here), and their self catering apartment, are clean, spacious and tastefully furnished, and all have WiFi throughout. While outside in the gardens you’ll find plenty of space to relax, with a salt water swimming pool and barbecue facilities. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM, THE WINE & THE FOOD: Guests are welcome to wander the hillside vineyards and olive groves, and can also arrange guided tours of both the farm and the winery, to learn a bit about the production process and partake in tasting sessions. Their winery produces some quality organic wines as well as Bolero elixir, a unique type of grape syrup that they have been making at Agriturismo Podere Campriano for generations. The farm stay also has some helpful daily cooking classes where you can learn how to make some of the local specialities that make Tuscany, and Chianti, so famous in culinary circles. THE LOCATION: Tuscany might just claim to be Italy’s most admired region and if so Chianti could easily claim to be the Tuscany of Tuscany, so to speak. It is the very heart of the region and has a rural charm that manages to defy the masses of tourists that visit it every year. It is a place of winding roads, gentle green hills and fertile land that has been producing some of the world’s best wines and olive oil since at least medieval times. Dotted among this lovely countryside you’ll also find some classically beautiful Tuscan towns, none more so perhaps than Greve in Chianti itself, the gateway to Chianti, and the location READ MORE
- Tenuta di Petriolo is a gorgeous vineyard hotel situated in Torrita di Siena, Tuscany, conveniently near to both Siena and Arezzo. The estate dates back to the 1700s and the imposing manor house has beautifully decorated interiors; wood beamed and frescoed ceilings, antique furniture and ancient wine cellars which resonate history and an old fashioned sense of class and style. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of spacious B&B rooms, ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are classically decorated in keeping with the historical atmosphere of the property, and offer style and opulence belonging to a different era, though with modern conveniences like flat screen TV and WiFi. All the accommodation is B&B and the buffet breakfast is generous, varied and fresh. The manor house is large and there is plenty of common space to explore with lounge and dining space and even a lovely little chapel. And also externally where you’ll find patios, well tended gardens, a swimming pool and rows of vines and olive trees. There are fifteen acres of Sangiovese grape vineyards in total that have, since 1974, been supplying Chianti DOCG Colli Senesi and Chardonnay. You are of course welcome to sample some, and to buy to take home, and you can also arrange tours of the vineyards and the wine cellars in the company of the friendly and enthusiastic staff and owners. THE LOCATION: Tenuta di Petriolo is just outside the town of Torrita di Siena in the heart of Val di Chiana. (You can read more about the area here) This is a particularly lovely part of rural Tuscany and is a convenient base for visiting some important historical towns and cities, being just 45km from the city of Siena, 18km from Pienza and just 12km from the town of Montepulciano. There are also many other historical towns in the surroundings, too many to mention really, and the whole area is a pleasure to tour around, though of course you may also be tempted to just stay put at the hotel such is the beauty of the place! The nearest airport is Perugia San Francesco d’Assisi Airport, but both Florence and Pisa airports are also READ MORE
- Near the village of Sorano and the town of Pitigliano, Tuscany, Italy, this is a classic Tuscan farmhouse stay on a working farm that produces some award winning extra virgin olive oil. The setting is quite isolated, not a lot of tourists come to this part of the region, and Poggio dell’Olivo has a reputation for providing a more genuine example of Tuscan rural life than many of the luxury type agriturismos that prevail in the more touristic parts. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their clean, comfortable self catering apartments are in a traditional Tuscan style and come with kitchen, bathroom and lounge. There’s plenty of outdoor space too with a lovely terrace, garden, barbecue and swimming pool just outside your door. The accommodation is self-catering but you can arrange a nice Italian breakfast from the hospitable owners for a small extra charge. Feel free of course to wander the farm and inspect some of their quality, home made, extra virgin olive oil. You can also buy some to take home if you wish. Note: There is good WiFi coverage around the reception and the restaurant but the signal in the accommodation can be quite weak. THE LOCATION: Beyond that there is some beautiful Tuscan countryside to explore and you can hire bikes for free at Poggio Dell’Olivo to get you started. There is a also a horse farm nearby which offers horse riding. The nearby hilltop town of Pitigliano is the obvious star attraction of this part of Tuscany but generally you’ll find the surrounding area free from the tourist hoards who descent on the region, especially in Summer, thus this agriturismo is well suited to see the more hidden ‘real side’ of rural Tuscany. Other nice days out in the area include the Saturnia thermal baths, and a little farther away the lovely Bolsena Lake. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Very nice location, if you are after an isolated farm out of the city and away from the swarms of tourist groups. Can give you the true Tuscany experience….” “This is a little paradise! What a beautiful place. In the amazing area of Pittigliano, Sovana and Sorano….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE READ MORE
- The homely Agriturismo Fattoria La Prugnola has a great variety of accommodation, including glamping style yurts and a tree house, on an organic, eco-friendly olive farm in the gentle hills of Montescudaio, near Pisa in Tuscany’s upper Maremma/northern Maremma region. The location is idyllic; it is very much surrounded by nature and in its isolated setting you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside all the way down to the famous Etruscan Coast and the sea beyond. THE ACCOMMODATION: There really is a great choice at this agriturismo with cottages, apartments, yurts and a tree house available for up to eight people per unit. So much so that to describe them all individually would take some time but suffice to say that they are all charming in their own way. You’ll find them well equipped, comfortable, clean and cosy, and all have all a nice rustic, Tuscan farmhouse feel to them, with much antique furniture, wood beamed ceilings and soothing pastel shades. Their 5 yurts are not by any means traditional Tuscan of course but they are beautifully put together, spacious and homely. And they are also nicely furnished, blending well some of those same rustic farmhouse touches with the more colourful and exotic ‘walls and ceilings’ of the Central Asian origin yurt. Four of them can sleep up to four people, using one double bed and one double sofa bed, while the largest of them can sleep up to five people with the help of an extra sofa bed. They all too have their own external, private bathrooms. The cosy, romantic tree house is a special property too, and very much sought after, be aware that minimum stay restrictions apply over the summer; in June to September the minimum stay is three nights while in July and August it is one week, from Saturday to Saturday. The treehouse is made entirely of wood and built around a large oak tree. It is small with just a double bed, a bedside table and wardrobe but it also has a very nice outdoor terrace with table and chairs, which offers some unique views of the woods and if you’re lucky READ MORE
- Just outside the beautiful hilltop town of Pienza, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Casapicchiata is a very highly rated farm stay that has comfortable B&B rooms in a traditional Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by acres of wheat fields, olive groves, lavender and cypress trees. The views are tremendous too and it is in a perfect location for further exploration of this fabled sub-region of Tuscany; Val ‘Orcia. THE ACCOMMODATION: All the rooms are rustically stylish, with tiled floors, antique furniture and classic bed frames, and they all come with nice private bathrooms. This farm stay comes with lots of other niceties too; a spa & wellness center with massage services, a fitness center, a small indoor swimming pool, a hot tub and a solarium. They know how to look after their guests here and they can also provide a number of other, more practical, services; babysitting, laundry and maid services for example. Their food is tremendous, and not only the breakfast; the friendly owners cook up some great locally sourced food (Much from their own farm) in the evenings too which can be shared with other guests in the farm’s ‘family and friends only’ informal restaurant. THE LOCATION: The lovely Pienza is of course very much on the Tuscan tourist trail and there are innumerable other lovely small towns nearby too; Bagno Vignoni, Montacino, Rocca d’Orcia to name just a few. In between too of course you have some classic Val d’Orcia/Southern Tuscany countryside to enjoy (you’ll find a special section on Val d’Orcia on this page). You can hire bikes from the farm to head out exploring if you wish, and/or they can also arrange some wonderful horse riding trips which take you around the local area and some of the more hidden, less touristy areas of Val d’Orcia. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location right at the heart of Val d’Orcia, within driving distance of many central locations of Tuscany. Beautiful place with warmhearted owners….” “Excellent property, the owner was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was great and we fell in love with the location (and the dog!)….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO READ MORE
- Il Segreto di Pietrafitta is a very atmospheric, 15th century era farmhouse just outside San Gimignano. It is a thoroughly charming place with a stunning hillside location, excellent food and beautifully rustic accommodation. Most people seem to agree with us: it is possibly Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismo, so be prepared to book in advance. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have mostly double and triple rooms here, plus a self catering apartment, with breakfast and dinner included in the rate. The rooms are gorgeous – think classic Tuscan wood beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, sturdy hand-crafted furniture and colourfully tiled, old style bathrooms. Their ‘Superior Double Room’ is the pick of the rooms we think. It is more spacious and its layout makes it feel just that bit nicer. If you don’t have too much budget constraint, the pick of the accommodation overall is probably the apartment though. It is a beautiful space with a well equipped, stylish kitchen and lounge area and one bedroom with queen size bed, plus there’s a sofa bed in the lounge. It is the most popular accommodation choice though and generally gets booked up very far in advance. All the accommodation comes with standard hotel perks – large screen satellite TVs, WiFi, mini-bars, study desks and tea/coffee making stations. Check out all the details on the booking page here. Note: Agriturismo Il Segreto di Pietrafitta is adults only (16+). Note 2: There is a four night minimum stay. There is a nice swimming pool in the grounds which has sweeping views over the surrounding countryside, including the towers of San Gimignano. The buffet style homemade breakfast and à la carte evening meal (vegetarian options always available) are served in their wonderful outdoor terrace during the warmer months. Both breakfast and dinner are included in the room rate. The farmhouse is surrounded by olive trees and organic fruit and vegetable groves. They make their own branded extra virgin olive oil here which guests are welcome to sample, and they do cooking lessons too. They have regular Yoga sessions (and lessons for beginners) and also provide a range of massage therapies. You can rent out electric bikes at the READ MORE
- In the peaceful heart of Maremma, Southern Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Sant’Egle has an enviable location that is equally matched by the quality of its accommodation, food and hospitality. Its approach is very much eco-friendly and organic and it offers guests a pathway to a relaxed and healthy mind and body. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of rustically stylish rooms at the farmhouse, all with private bathroom and entrance, and the whole building displays a nice mixture of contemporary art and antiques. They have an organic farm shop at the property too where you can buy some of their varied food and non food products to take home. You can sample some at their excellent buffet breakfast too, and throughout the day at the highly regarded restaurant. The friendly owners are equally welcoming to those with dietary restrictions and will do their best to accommodate. The surroundings are lovely; there is the farm, the gardens with an outdoor pool, and a ‘holistic space’ where you can organize yoga classes. It’s an eco-friendly property; the 17th-century farmhouse has been carefully renovated to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Note: Only children over 7 allowed! THE FARM: The farm is ostensively a sheep farm but they grows a range of vegetables, fruits, nut and herbs too. All of it is certified organic. and the farm, like the farmhouse, designed to be as eco-friendly and bio diverse as possible. THE LOCATION: Further afield this richly rural and historical part of Tuscany can be easily explored on foot, by car or by bike, from the farm stay you’ll be within distance of such iconic southern Tuscany towns as Pitigliano, Sorano and San Quirico. You can rent bikes directly from the farm and the owners are always happy to advise on what to see and do in the local area, and they can also organize tours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “It was amazing and romantic. Will return….” “Definitely a place to relax and be restored. Much to do in the area in terms of walking and sightseeing and the hosts were most helpful with tips and directions….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & READ MORE
- Near the hilltop town of Volterra, Tuscany, Rifugio Dei Sogni is a warm and homely agriturismo B&B with a swimming pool and superb panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and of Volterra itself. The farm produces its own organic wine and extra virgin olive oil which you can sample, and buy to take home, and every morning you can look forward to a fabulously fresh and tasty Tuscan breakfast. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five double rooms and one triple to choose from (check your options on the booking page here). All are in classic Tuscan farmhouse style but with modern comforts, WiFi, flat screen TV, air-con and mini bar for example. Outside they all have some semi-private space including table and chairs. The views from the property are stunning. The gorgeous Tuscan countryside is laid out before you with the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra looking down from a nearby hilltop. There is plenty of space around the gardens to lounge around in and to enjoy the great views from, and there is a nice outdoor swimming pool there too. It is a working farm and produces eight different wines, extra virgin olive oil and fruits such as cherries, lemons and apricots. All of it is organic and the owners are also committed to sustainability practices; solar panels, harvests of rainwater for irrigation etc. They are enthusiastic about organic, eco-friendly farming and are always happy to show guests around and to teach them a little on what goes in to the production of their wine and olive oil. The breakfast at Rifugio Dei Sogni is fresh, varied and generous, including some excellent, freshly ground coffee. There is a bar at the farmhouse too where you can enjoy some of their wine and other drinks plus various homemade snacks and small dishes throughout the day. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is just a kilometer and a half from the gorgeous hilltop town of Volterra, one of the most famous hilltop towns in Tuscany. It was an important Etruscan city, with origins dating all the way back to the 8th century BC. It maintained its importance right through medieval times when most of READ MORE
- On a hillside surrounded by fruit and olive groves just outside Buggiano Castello, and near to both Pisa and Lucca, this 13th century Tuscan agriturismo farmhouse makes for a luxurious holiday experience, with its outdoor pool (From March to November) and sun loungers, hot tub, bowling green, football pitch and playground. The interior is rustic with a variety of suites and rooms, all with mini bar and air-con and all with antique furniture, old stone walls and beautiful terracotta and wood ceilings. Breakfast at La Piana Hotel is a generous Tuscan buffet served on the terrace in summer and in the cosy fireplace breakfast room in winter. The farm produces its own extra virgin olive oil which is of course available to taste and to buy to take home. The helpful staff offer maps and advice about the local area and they can arrange entry to local museums, events and attractions, like the nearby hot springs at Montecatini Terme. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “What a lovely place: staff is super friendly and welcoming; rooms are very nice, cozy and comfortable; location is perfect; it has a great terrace and pool. We joined one of Luciano’s pizza nights and it was wonderful. Staying here felt like being at home. We loved it! Can only recommend!…” “Beautiful location, amazing views, set in wonderful surroundings. Bedroom beautifully furnished. Fabulous swimming pool. Owner very welcoming, happy and friendly staff. Really enjoyed our 4 night stay….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO LA PIANA: READ MORE
- Very near Florence in the famous town of Vinci, Tuscany, this is an idyllic luxury agriturismo B&B set in a 16th-century Medicean Villa. It is surrounded by acres of vineyards and olive groves from which the owners produce their own award winning wines and olive oils. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two double rooms and two larger double luxury suites at the farmhouse (check the booking page here), all of which are very comfortable and elegantly decorated in classic Tuscan style. Each come with private bathroom, WiFi and satellite flat screen TV, while the larger suites also have a separate lounge area. Outside there is plenty of space to relax in the gardens and guests are free to wander the estate and the ancient wine cellars, and can of course arrange wine and olive oil tasting sessions, as well as Tuscan cooking classes, at the villa. Their wine making tradition dates back to 1700 and their wines have won numerous awards, the most well known being their Chianti Dianella which is served in many top restaurants and taverns all over Italy. Their food is fabulous too at their informal restaurant and a generous and healthy buffet breakfast will await you each morning, to be served in your room, in the dining hall or outside in the gardens. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: For those of you in the know of such things, the estate is located in the western Montalbano Chianti DOCG area of Tuscany and has about 25 hectares of vineyard stretched over gentle hills with a south to south west exposure. They grow a variety of grapes here; Cabernet Sauvignon, Vermentino, Sangiovese, Colorino and quite a few more. There are also about 15 hectares of olive groves, growing varieties such as Leccino, Pendolino, Frantoio and Moraiolo which go into the making of their branded Dianella extra virgin olive oil. They are passionate about both and have even a small wine museum in the ancient cellars of the villa. Tours are offered too of course, of the farm and the cellars, as well as wine READ MORE
- S.Andrea is a spectacular Tuscan agriturismo in the little hamlet of Fabbrica, a half an hour from Florence. Its villa complex, which dates back to medieval times sits on a strategic hilltop and has incredible views over Chianti. Though they also have 5 rooms in the main building, the majority of its accommodation is in the form of rustic style, self-catering apartments in two separate sites each of which have gardens and outdoor swimming pools. The surrounding 1500 acre farm produces its own Chianti Classico wine and olive oil, and their restaurant is a great introduction to traditional Tuscan, and Italian food. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice of double B&B rooms and various self catering apartments, to sleep up to six, at S.Andrea. The apartments, as mentioned, are not at the reception building which also houses the restaurant, but in their own semi-independent renovated villas. Both are surrounded by beautifully tended gardens and come with a pool, a barbecue and outdoor dining area, and a kid’s playground. The style is very much traditional Tuscan with terracotta floors, wood beamed ceilings and large stone fireplaces, but with all modern conveniences. Check out all the details on the booking page here. They are fully self catering but guests will be very tempted to try the excellent on-site restaurant – Osteria la Capanna del Gallo, and you can also hire a private chef for your apartment. Apart from lounging happily around the property and taking in the views, guests can partake in wine and olive oil tastings, cooking classes, tours of the farm, hire bikes (including e-bikes) or vespas, join a bike tour, and enjoy yoga, massages, reflexology and Ayurveda treatments. Lots of off-site activities can be arranged by the hotel too such as hot air balloon rides, horse riding, tennis, wine tours and tours of Florence and Siena etc. THE LOCATION: Villa S.Andrea dominates the ancient hamlet of Fabbrica, 10 km from San Casciano Val Di Pesa, and close to a great range of historical villages (the staff at S.Andrea will have plenty of recommendations and also offer tours) including Sant’Andrea in Percussina where you can visit the house, now a READ MORE
- Take a step back in time at Fabbrica Di San Martino, a luxury agriturismo near to both Lucca and Pisa in western Tuscany which has self catering accommodation in a beautifully restored, over 250 year old, manor farmhouse. The property is palace like, and truly gorgeous, as is the location; set high among green hills it offers lovely views over the surrounding countryside at every turn. It is an organic & biodynamic agriturismo which makes its own quality wine and olive oil and promises a healthy, relaxing rural retreat but with easy reach of the popular tourist cities of Lucca and Pisa. THE ACCOMMODATION: The stunning property has top quality suites and apartments, which can sleep up to four, and blend the rustic charm of an 18th century farmhouse with 21st century standards of comfort. Check your options on the booking page here. The floors and the wood beamed ceilings are all original and much of the well chosen antique furniture dates back to similar eras. All the units come with TV, WiFi and a well equipped kitchenette. They are spacious too with good sized sitting areas and have some lovely design touches; you’ll find nice lighting and traditional furniture and fittings which lend a cosy, rustic Tuscan farmhouse feel. The grounds are large with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for relaxing, dining or just wandering around, and you’ll find beautiful views at every turn. The accommodation is self catering but you can also order a fresh breakfast to be brought to your suite every morning. There is no restaurant at the agriturismo but there are a few good restaurants, cafes and shops just a few minutes away. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Lucca is famous in Tuscany for the quality of its olive oil (The gold of Lucca) and this agriturismo doesn’t disappoint in this regard, producing nearly 500 litres of premium organic and biodynamic extra virgin olive oils from its 10 acres of olive groves. All the olives are hand picked and milled within 12 hours of harvesting and are of the READ MORE
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathroom and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of place to relax looking out on to the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4 course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you for such a memorable holiday….” “Beautiful home cooked food, stunning location, peaceful and tranquil. A warm welcome from a lovely lady. Perfect….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO IL CASTAGNOLINO: READ MORE
- Castello La Leccia is certainly more than your average farmstay agriturismo, even Tuscan agriturismo. It is a restored medieval hamlet with an eleventh century castle on a working organic vineyard and olive farm, and is a truly luxurious place with some stunning views over the Chianti Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: It is high on a hill between Siena and Florence, near the town of Castellina in Chianti, and has lovely views from the terrace of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Their rooms and plush, comfortable and stylish but retain the rustic charm of a traditional Tuscan manor farmhouse. There have a very highly regarded restaurant at the agriturismo too where they provide a generous breakfast, and, throughout the day, some great local Tuscan dishes and of course a good selection of local wine, including of course their own. THE FARM & VINEYARD: The castle has an enviable hilltop position with great views over the Chianti countryside, included in that countryside are some of its hillside vineyards, sitting at between 300 and 500 meters above sea level and with a south-south west exposure they are ideally situated to produce some excellent own brand Chianti Classico. Most of the grapes are Sangiovese but they also produce small amounts of Merlot, Petit Verdot and Syrah. They produce a lot of their own brand olive oil too from groves surrounding the castle. You can arrange tasting sessions of the oil and of course the wine, tour the vineyards and the olive groves and have an interesting look at some of the production processes involved. THE LOCATION: The immediate location is spectacular with stunning views over the countryside. And the countryside is typically beautiful Chianti, Tuscany. It is also right beside the equally beautiful, and historic, town of Castellina in Chanti. The medieval era walled town of Radda in Chianti is nearby as well, and about 20 km to the north will take you to Greve in Chianti, the central town of the region which has much to offer the visitor in terms of history, and food and drink. At Castello La Leccia Agriturismo you’ll be about half an hour’s drive from the lovely city of Siena, and READ MORE