No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are out choices for the best farm house B&Bs in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Family run Agriturismo Orrido di Pino has a stunning mountain setting for its beautifully rustic farmhouse near Naples on Italy’s Amalfi Coast. In terms of location it is near to Amalfi town, and to Salerno and Sorrento too, though be aware that the scenic but winding mountain roads will make the journey somewhat slow. Apart from the incredible views to be enjoyed what guest rave about the most with this agriturismo is the fantastic food on offer, with a great range of organic ingredients coming fresh from the farm; fruits, vegetables and various herbs and spices. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have just three rooms at the agriturismo and the place has an intimate, friendly atmosphere. There is one double and two triples rooms which each contain one double bed and one single. They are quite minimalist in decor, super clean and the whole property has a nice rustic farmhouse feel. The beds are very comfortable, there is air-con, WiFi and flat screen TV, and some nice en-suite bathrooms. The view, as mentioned are absolutely beautiful, looking into the mountains and down to the Amalfi Coast below. There is a terrace outside, and a garden, where you can relax in the evening and really soak it all in. Around the gardens you’ll see lots of fruit and vegetable plots. They grow quite a lot here, everything from figs, squash and zucchini to cherries, pears and plums. Plus lots of herbs and spices too; rosemary, sage, chamomile and fennel to name but a few. The gardens are organic and much of what they produce goes into their superb food. The accommodation is B&B and the breakfast is generous, fresh and full of variety. READ MORE
- Blueberry Hills on Comleroy has charming accommodation, both B&B and self catering, on a 14 acre farm near Sydney with alpacas, sheep, hens, fruit orchards, and beautiful views over the surrounding countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of accommodation on the farm, all of which are doubles; two large B&B rooms and a suite at the farmhouse, and two one bedroom cottages nearby. The farmhouse suite is spacious, has a lounge area and a kitchen while the cottages are even more spacious with also its own lounge and kitchen plus lots of semi private outdoor space including a nice veranda to admire the views from. Though the suite and the cottages are self catering you will have a breakfast tray full of fresh bread, eggs, cereals etc. free of charge delivered to you in the morning morning plus little treats during the day like cheese platters and fruit. There is a common lounge at the property and a hot tub, BBQ facilities and an outdoor fireplace in the gardens. Beyond that you can explore the farm where sheep and alpacas roam you can get involved in some farm life if you wish, like feeding the animals or picking fruit and berries in the orchards. Note: no children and no pets allowed! THE LOCATION: The farm is around an hour to the North West of Sydney in the foothills of the spectacular Blue Mountains, very much a highlight of rural NSW, and surrounded by both the Blue Mountains National Park and the Wollemi National Park. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Exceptional: Very clean, stylish and cosy cottage with great views of nature. Large bathroom and shower, well stocked with books, board READ MORE
- A couple of hours outside Christchurch on New Zealand‘s South Island this homely and very friendly farm stay offers B&B beside Peel Forest, a large reserve park with a huge range of New Zealand’s native flora and fauna; birds such as karearea, kereru, robins and warblers, and plants such as totara, matai and kahikatea. The owners will be very happy to advise you about local hiking and to show you around their sheep farm. They have three choices of comfortable and clean rooms with shared bathroom, a sociable shared lounge and kitchen where guests can come together and cook, and all with free WiFi throughout. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We really enjoyed our stay at Peel Forest Farm! It’s a working cattle and sheep farm and we loved the atmosphere there! Quiet, calm, perfect place to relax and enjoy nature, do some hikes or just chill on the terrace. We just loved it!…” “The peace and quiet of a real country farm…I couldn’t have ask for more. It was exactly what I was hoping to find!…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT PEEL FOREST FARM: READ MORE
- Quinta Do Mel Agroturismo is a peaceful and tranquil rural retreat near Portugal’s Algarve coast, and within easy reach of the cities of Albufeira and Faro. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farmstay can offer a self catering apartment plus a range of B&B rooms. All the rooms are super comfortable and clean and come with air con, WiFi, TV, private bathroom and under-floor heating, while the the self catering two bedroom apartment has all that plus a spacious lounge and kitchen. Outside there is a swimming pool in the gardens and plenty of space to relax with a seating area and sun loungers. THE FARM: There is an extensive eco-friendly organic farm at Quinta do Mel which breeds sheep and grows cork, fruits, vegetables and herbs and is now in its fourth generation of family ownership. The owners are enthusiastic about organic and eco-friendly farming techniques and are always happy to show guests around. They serve a great breakfast which is available at any time, and other good food and snacks can also be ordered throughout the day, many of the ingredients of which come straight from the farm including their own home made herbal teas and jams. THE LOCATION: Though very near Albufeira, Faro and the tourist masses of the Algarve, the farmstay and its immediate surroundings are very much peacefully rural. Most visitors never get to see this side of the Algarve but those that do find it a rich experience. The area, between the coast and the mountains of the north, is known as the Baroccal and it is classic Portuguese farming country with small white walled villages, rocky hills, fruit orchards and rolling plains of cork, olive and almond trees. The READ MORE
- In Saint-Damien, less than an hour from Quebec City, Canada, this family friendly farm stay is on a working goat farm with its own organic cheese factory. The accommodation is a two bedroom apartment which can host up to six people and with a full kitchen is fully self catering, though the friendly owners also serve a great fresh breakfast in the morning which includes of course some of their own home made cheeses. Guests are welcome to explore the farm, meet the animals and help out with the feeding or milking. The area around the farmstay has plenty to explore too. There is the Cycloroute bike trail for example which is about 7km from the farm and is a great way to travel the Bellechasse region. The Massif du Sud park and ski resort too is nearby and all around there are good hiking opportunities. READ MORE
- This lovely family run agriturismo farm stay, about a half an hour north of Brindisi Apulia, sits on a peaceful hillside just outside Ostuni, one of southern Italy‘s most iconic cities, famous for its spectacular location and historical whitewashed houses. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a good selection of B&B rooms and self catering apartments, all traditionally styled, comfortable and clean with WiFi, flat screen satellite TV and private bathroom, plus the self catering apartments come with a kitchenette and lounge. While the gardens outside have a swimming pool, a children’s playground and plenty of space for outside dining or relaxing on the sun loungers and hammocks. Both the B&B and self catering accommodation comes with a fine traditional Italian breakfast every morning and you can also enjoy some great meals throughout the day at the farmhouse restaurant. THE FARM: The small farm produces olives as well as various fruits and vegetables. The owners produce their own extra virgin olive oil as well as various jams which they sell at the farm shop. You can arrange cooking classes at the farmhouse too, learn how to make olive oil, and join tasting sessions. The farm owners can also arrange tours of neighbouring vineyards and wineries, including wine tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: The gorgeous city of Ostuni is deservedly popular with tourists already but the entire surrounding area too is well worth exploring. The beautiful sandy beaches of the Adriatic are just ten minutes drive from the farm stay and a tour of the lovely, beautifully peaceful Puglian countryside is always thoroughly enjoyable, which you can also do by bike with free bicycle rental at the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Exceptionally peaceful, relaxing. READ MORE
- Agriturismo Humile offers true romantic escape, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia, near Siena. The property is a restored 18th century farmhouse in a classic Italian rural idyll and, with just three boutique suites on offer, the atmosphere is one of great peace and tranquility. The farmhouse is beautifully designed and decorated and retains a lovely rustic ambience while not compromising on modern comforts and facilities. Outside you have a swimming pool and a hot tub at your disposal in the nicely tended gardens. The entire property is proudly eco-friendly and the farm is fully organic, producing extra virgin olive oil as well as various vegetables and herbs along permaculture principles. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three very lovely suites to choose from, all of which are extremely spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. There is a double bed in each plus a seating/lounge area very nice private bathrooms. Two of the suites are downstairs and have their own private entrance with one being upstairs, accessed through the farmhouse, which has the advantage of having nice views over the surrounding countryside. The thoughtful interior design works beautifully in the suites and throughout the property. It is very much a boutique hotel, while also maintaining strongly its rustic farmhouse essence, and though classically minimalist it has lots of lovely little touches and careful attention to detail throughout. The agriturismo is very environmentally conscious and so they forgo air conditioning for fans (though they do have central heating in winter) and don’t have for example TVs and mini fridges in the rooms (though you are of course very welcome to use the fridge in the farm kitchen) The gardens outside are equally nice, with READ MORE
- Tambor Del Llano is a lovely farmstay on an organic, eco-friendly farm in Grazalema, Spain, a small village hidden away in the Andalucian mountains between Cadiz and Malaga, and just north of Marbella. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of very clean and comfortable rooms, ten in total, all with a patio, terrace or balcony and free WiFi, and there is access to a shared lounge with TV and the on-site restaurant which serves some very good local food. Feel free to explore the farm where there are Merino sheep and some of the world famous Andalucian horses. There is a lot of local flora to be seen too; wild olive, oak and cork trees, lavender, laburnum and thyme plants to name but a few. THE LOCATION: The farmstay itself is in the Parque National de la Sierra de Grazelema, which is a gorgeously wild and scenic part of Andalucia. You’ll find some great hiking trails around here as well as rock climbing, and horse riding trips can be arranged from the farm. The nearest city (and airport) is Marbella, about an hour and a half drive to the south, while Andalucia’s biggest city, Seville, is about two hours north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely gorgeous surroundings, super friendly staff, stylish interior. A real gem in the otherwise rustic accommodation space in the area. Would return in an instant!…” “Everything was amazing! The house is located in the incredibly beautiful natural reserve. Room was clean and comfortable with the balcony facing the greenery and mountains. Stunning view from the terrace. Excellent dinner. The horse ride was such a pleasure – the horses are very calm, picturesque trails, friendly guide. Perfect READ MORE
- Pago de Trascasas is an atmospheric vineyard & winery hotel near Valladolid, in Cubillas de Santa Marta, Spain, where you can enjoy some top quality wine, food, rest and relaxation. They have B&B rooms is in a classically rustic Spanish farmhouse surrounded by vineyards from which they produce red and rose Cigales wines using both modern and traditional techniques. It is a well known enotourism centre in the region and you can partake in guided vineyard and cellar tours, as well as wine & food tasting sessions. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have eight double and twin B&B rooms at the hotel, all of which are nicely decorated in traditional Castilian style and full of character. They have all the usual modern comforts too; private bathrooms, digital TV and WiFi. There is plenty of common space at the hotel too; a lounge area and a library & reading room (mainly with books about wine). They have a billiard table at the property too and of course there is the restaurant and dining room. You can expect a good and generous breakfast in the morning and later, some top quality evening meals made with some fine local produce. As mentioned, they have a full program of wine tourism on offer, with tasting sessions of their wines matched with various food stuffs like cheeses and homemade sausages, and educational vineyard and cellar tours. THE LOCATION: The vineyard hotel is conveniently near Valladolid, just 20km in fact and is in a strongly agricultural area well known for its wine and food production. You can go for hikes around the nearby Torozos Mountains or along the famous Canal de Castilla. The village itself, Cubillas de Santa Marta is READ MORE
- Tenuta Monticelli is a highly rated farm stay near Galipoli and Lecce, Puglia, Italy that offers peace and relaxation in abundance. The farm grows vegetables, spices, olives, figs and wheat, which the guests are welcome to sample and the friendly owners serve a great breakfast of locally produced organic food each morning. All of their modern, stylish rooms are super comfortable and clean, and come with private bathroom, WiFi and flat screen satellite TV. There is a shared lounge at the agriturismo and plenty of nice outdoor space to relax in with a swimming pool and a hot tub. You can organize car and bike hire direct from the farm for exploring the surrounding countryside, which also has plenty of opportunities for swimming, horse riding and hiking. The nearest airport is Brindisi Salento Airport, about 70km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Best service we have had in 6 hotels during our time in Puglia. Absolutely first class….” “The property itself is just beautiful, set in glorious olive groves, with a wonderfully large & very clean pool. The rooms were well set out, with plenty of space & the property was nice and quiet in the countryside (just outside of a small town). The property has a beautiful view of the coastline. Baia Verde (the stunning beach) and beautiful old towns like Gallipoli are easy drives from the property….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO TENUTA MONTICELLI: READ MORE
- Hospederia La Era is a boutique, eco-friendly, hotel surrounded by olive groves in the village of Almedinilla, near to both Cordoba and Granada, as well as the Costa del Sol, in Andalucia, Spain. It gets rave reviews from guests for its tranquil, peaceful location, its excellent organic food and the warmth, friendliness and enthusiasm of its owners. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of nicely decorated and styled rooms and suites, all of which are bright, modern and clean but retain a pleasant rustic, Andalusian farmhouse vibe, with wood beamed ceilings, antique furniture and traditional tiles alongside the air-con, flat screen TV & WiFi. They all have a seating area too, with the two level suite’s being downstairs from the bedroom. You’ll find the bathrooms in all of them particularly nice; traditional style, with coloured tiles and appealing designer sinks. Outside there are the gardens and olive groves, you’ll find a terrace, a swimming pool on the lawns with hammocks and loungers, and plenty of space for relaxing, dining and socializing, and lovely views all around. They have their own wine cellar here and the wine, and more especially the food, is a highlight. The owners have a flair for cooking and serve up some great breakfasts and evening meals using their own, and locally produced, organic and eco-friendly ingredients as much as possible. They are particularly enthusiastic about their extra virgin olive oil and can offer tasting sessions while also teaching you a bit about what goes in to its production. Note: No children and no pets allowed! THE LOCATION: Around the farm and the cute, very Andalusian, village of Almedinilla, there are olive groves, oak trees and swaths of READ MORE
- Feriengut Unterhochstätt is a top quality alpine chalet farm stay with spa just outside Schwendt in the beautiful Tyrol region of Austria and makes for a particularly good farm holiday for families. THE ACCOMMODATION: The suites are spacious and luxurious and as well as the spa bath, some also contain an open fireplace in the lounge area. Their rooms, though less spacious and without some of the perks, are still also of the standard of any quality hotel. All their units, both rooms and suites, have balconies, with nice views over the surrounding countryside, flat screen cable TV and WiFi. There is a children’s playground in the gardens outside, and a swimming pond, while adults can play, amongst other things, table tennis and darts. There is a restaurant and bar here too serving some really great Tyrollean and Austrian food and drink, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from their organic farm, including beef and pork, sausages and eggs. There is a spa and wellness centre at the farm stay too. They have a steam bath, Finnish sauna, solarium and fitness room amongst other things and all their suites come with their own private whirlpool bathtubs. The organic farm is home to a number of the famous highland cattle as well as pigs and hens, and all the guests are welcome to explore, meet the animals and to join in feeding and other daily tasks. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farmstay is great for hiking, cycling and horse riding, all of which can be arranged by the friendly farm owners, with horses and bicycles, including electric bikes for hire. You’ll be close to the Zahmer Kaiser Walchsee and READ MORE
- Le Mas de Peint has luxury farmhouse hotel accommodation hidden away in the wild Camargue region of southern Provence, between Marseille and Montpellier, and near to both Arles and Aix-en-Provence. The estate is huge, there is a full 1250 acres of it to explore and can done on horseback. They keep a number of those iconic Camargue Horses at Le Mas de Peint and horse riding tours can be arranged, as can 4WD and mountain bike tours. The gardens are beautifully kept too with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of areas to relax. Beyond both the gardens and the farm you are in the middle of some beautifully natural countryside with wild flamingos to be seen among the salt marshes, rice fields and hidden beaches. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 13 luxury double rooms and suites that are tastefully and carefully designed in traditional style; where antique furniture and wood beamed ceilings sit easily with modern comforts and facilities. As well as the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool there is a top class restaurant at the farmhouse which serves up some extremely good authentic Provençal food, food which is accompanied by a great selection of wines. You can enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the terrace outside. The breakfast is excellent too, though sadly you need to pay extra for it, i.e. it’s not included in the room rate. The huge ranch is great for exploring. You can head out hiking or biking by yourself, mountain bikes are available for hire, as are massage services for any aching limbs afterwards, or you can join 4WD ‘Safari’ or horseback riding tours which go beyond READ MORE
- Near the village of Sorano and the town of Pitigliano, Tuscany, Italy, this is a classic Tuscan farmhouse stay on a working farm that produces some award winning extra virgin olive oil. The setting is quite isolated, not a lot of tourists come to this part of the region, and Poggio dell’Olivo has a reputation for providing a more genuine example of Tuscan rural life than many of the luxury type agriturismos that prevail in the more touristic parts. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their clean, comfortable self catering apartments are in a traditional Tuscan style and come with kitchen, bathroom and lounge. There’s plenty of outdoor space too with a lovely terrace, garden, barbecue and swimming pool just outside your door. The accommodation is self-catering but you can arrange a nice Italian breakfast from the hospitable owners for a small extra charge. Feel free of course to wander the farm and inspect some of their quality, home made, extra virgin olive oil. You can also buy some to take home if you wish. Note: There is good WiFi coverage around the reception and the restaurant but the signal in the accommodation can be quite weak. THE LOCATION: Beyond that there is some beautiful Tuscan countryside to explore and you can hire bikes for free at Poggio Dell’Olivo to get you started. There is a also a horse farm nearby which offers horse riding. The nearby hilltop town of Pitigliano is the obvious star attraction of this part of Tuscany but generally you’ll find the surrounding area free from the tourist hoards who descent on the region, especially in Summer, thus this agriturismo is well suited to see the more hidden ‘real side’ of READ MORE
- This organic, eco-friendly farm package holiday stay near Taipei in Yilan County is a great place to sample some real Taiwan farm life, with loads to see and do, and the location is gorgeous too; surrounded by those classically beautiful Yilan forested hills. The package accommodation comes with all meals provided including snacks and drinks throughout the day. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a number of very spacious, comfortable rooms; doubles, twin rooms and quadruples. They all come with with air conditioning, satellite TV and private bathroom. Outside there are some lovely gardens for strolling around, they have their own lake too, lots of outside seating, hammocks etc., and an organic restaurant. There’s a whole lot to do around the hotel and the farm; farm tours, games, adventure courses and fun cooking lessons for example, as well as art classes where you can make bamboo ornaments, traditional lanterns, prints for bags and teeshirts and plenty more. The B&B accommodation comes as a package which includes breakfast & dinner as well as free snacks and drinks, tea, fresh juices etc. throughout the day. They also organize sociable barbecues for guests too. THE FARM: They do great guided tours of the eco-friendly, organic farm and the hosts are very knowledgeable about farming, animals and crops. They have animals including goats, ducks, hens and even water buffalo, and guests are welcome to meet them, and you can get some animal feed from the farm owners to feed them with. They grow rice too which you can have a go at planting yourself, plus crops like the very refreshing kumquat, which look like small oranges and have an interesting taste; like a mixture of lime, READ MORE
- Castello La Leccia is certainly more than your average farmstay agriturismo, even Tuscan agriturismo. It is a restored medieval hamlet with an eleventh century castle on a working organic vineyard and olive farm, and is a truly luxurious place with some stunning views over the Chianti Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: It is high on a hill between Siena and Florence, near the town of Castellina in Chianti, and has lovely views from the terrace of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Their rooms and plush, comfortable and stylish but retain the rustic charm of a traditional Tuscan manor farmhouse. There have a very highly regarded restaurant at the agriturismo too where they provide a generous breakfast, and, throughout the day, some great local Tuscan dishes and of course a good selection of local wine, including of course their own. THE FARM & VINEYARD: The castle has an enviable hilltop position with great views over the Chianti countryside, included in that countryside are some of its hillside vineyards, sitting at between 300 and 500 meters above sea level and with a south-south west exposure they are ideally situated to produce some excellent own brand Chianti Classico. Most of the grapes are Sangiovese but they also produce small amounts of Merlot, Petit Verdot and Syrah. They produce a lot of their own brand olive oil too from groves surrounding the castle. You can arrange tasting sessions of the oil and of course the wine, tour the vineyards and the olive groves and have an interesting look at some of the production processes involved. THE LOCATION: The immediate location is spectacular with stunning views over the countryside. And the countryside is typically beautiful Chianti, Tuscany. It is READ MORE
- Quinta de Palhacana is a peaceful, relaxing farm stay near Lisbon, Portugal, in the tiny village of Pereiro de Palhacana (A shuttle service can be arranged from Lisbon city centre or airport), and has B&B rooms in a farmhouse with a nice terrace, an outdoor swimming pool, gardens, horse stables and meadow fields. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their comfortable rooms come with private bathroom, WiFi, TV and air conditioning, and every morning there’s a good continental breakfast to be enjoyed in the restaurant, which, along with the stylish shared lounge, has nice views of the surrounding hills and which serves other light meals throughout the day. There is a bar too, and they stock a very good choice of local wines. Outside there is plenty of space with a swimming pool, terrace and gardens, where you can join in yoga sessions or just relax and read a book. THE FARM: Quinta de Palhanca has a horse farm at the back of the farmhouse with adjoining stables, and horse riding lessons can be arranged, along with guided rides; short trips around the farm or to explore the surrounding area. THE LOCATION: You’re less than an hour from Lisbon at the Quinta (a shuttle service can be arranged, as mentioned previously) and you’ll find staying in this area allows a real insight into rural Portuguese farming life, with unpretentious, welcoming & friendly people. There is some nice hiking to be done in the area; the Serra de Montejunto, for example, is about a half an hour’s drive north of the farmstay and at over 600 meters towers over the rolling hills between the Tejo River and the Atlantic. A climb up the Sierra READ MORE