No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are out choices for the best farm house B&Bs in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Le Clos du Quesnay is a truly lovely farm B&B in a restored 19th-century farmhouse near Rouen, Normandy, France, and within driving distance of both Le Harve and Calais. They have a range of accommodation in the main farmhouse as well as some glamping style gypsy caravans in the extensive gardens. You’ll find the owners helpful and friendly and they are great cooks too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of five rooms; doubles, and suites for up to four people (one double bed & two singles), plus 4 lovely gypsy caravans in the grounds outside. All the rooms are very comfortable and come with all modern conveniences; private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi. The gypsy caravans can fit up to three people with one double bed and one sofa bed in the lounge area. They have a nice bathroom and a small dining area inside, plus a porch and patio area outside with seating. At the main farmhouse there is a common lounge with board games, TV and fireplace plus there is a separate dining area. The accommodation is B&B but they also serve up meals throughout the day. Their multi course evening dinners are really fantastic for example and are a great way to meet other guests while enjoying some good wholesome Norman food. The gardens are really lovely, it is a former farm and there is a full 10 acres to be enjoyed, all of it beautifully landscaped with lawns, flower beds and orchard trees. There is also a large children’s playground, barbecue facilities and an area to play the traditional French game of pétanque. THE LOCATION: Le Clos du Quesnay is around 40km east of of the city of Rouen, and Monet’s favourite cathedral, less than an hour’s drive from Dieppe on the Normandy coast, and about 100km from Paris. The area is known as the Pays de Bray and it is classic Normandy countryside; green fields and pretty small towns, including the famous spa town of Forges-les-Eaux. There are a couple of very beautiful chateaux nearby too at Vascoeuil and Martainville and plenty of opportunities for cycling, horse riding and hiking, especially around the nearby Forêt READ MORE
- On the slopes of the Sugar Loaf Mountain, in the Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales, Hall Farm Barn has B&B and self catering accommodation on a 200 acre organic sheep and cattle farm about 15 minutes drive from the market town of Abergavenney, and is a beautifully peaceful rural escape. The B&B rooms are at the main farmhouse and are cosy and comfortable, with en-suite bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi, while their rustic self catering cottage farther up the hill also has a full kitchen and lounge area and can sleep up to seven The farm is fully organic and guests are welcome to take a walk around, the surrounding area is famously beautiful too and you can go hiking straight from the farmstay into the Breacon Beacons Park. Note: No children and no pets! READ MORE
- La Fattoria Delle Tartarughe/The Tortoise Farm is a friendly, homely agriturismo near the city of Cagliari, and also some of Southern Sardinia‘s best beaches. It is an eco-friendly, organic farm which also doubles as an animal sanctuary with donkeys, ponies, sheep, pigs, goats, rabbits, a range of exotic birds, and of course tortoises, from where the farm gets its name. It is a very sociable place with a family type atmosphere; a place to enjoy long, lazy evening meals in the company of your hosts and all the other guests. The farmhouse is quaint and homely and all in all the experience is very much an antidote to a modern, sterile city hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farmhouse itself is a quaint, old style farmhouse but with some quirky interior design that gives the place a very nice homely feel. The rooms are colourful and inviting, as well as being comfortable, spacious and clean. The home made food at this agriturismo is a major highlight; a lavish breakfast awaits you in the morning and on many evenings there are great meals to be enjoyed in the company of the other guests. Much of their organic ingredients come fresh from the farm, and, if you find you like the food so much, you can arrange cooking classes too. You’ll find the hosts friendly and welcoming and an informal, family like atmosphere pervades throughout. You will very much be made to feel at home here but with added extras, like massage services, yoga spaces and mediation rooms and of course the chance to interact with the large number of friendly animals they keep on the farm. THE LOCATION: Conveniently near Cagliari and its international airport, this agriturismo has also the added attraction of being near some Sardinia’s best beaches. The journey by car from Cagliari should take no more than a half an hour, and there is also the option of the no. 106 bus from the centre of the city which can drop you off a couple of minutes walk down the road, but which takes an hour end to end. Be aware though that once there the setting is quite isolated READ MORE
- Hochhubergut is a typical Upper-Austrian farm-house in a beautifully quiet location 5 km from the centre of Aschach an der Steyr. All rooms and apartments come with a modern bathroom, parquet flooring and free Wi-Fi. Apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen including a dishwasher and all units feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. You can also make use of the large garden with a pond. Cross-country skiing trails and a toboggan run can be found right next to Hochhubergut. The nearest restaurants are 3 km away and a supermarket can be found in the centre of Aschach. The scenic towns of Steyr and Bad Hall are 15 km away. The Hinterstoder Ski Area can be reached by car in 45 minutes. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Fantastic stay: fantastic panoramic views; modern rooms: high quality equipment, friendly owners…..” “Amazing view over the hills. The apartment was really nice and clean. The owner is very friendly and gave us some great tips for the rest of our trip through Austria….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT HOCHHUBERGUT: READ MORE
- This very cute, pet friendly, agriturismo B&B near Catania, Sicily, Italy, grows 100% organic citrus fruits and vegetables in a beautifully rural setting with Mt. Etna towering above. All their comfortable rooms and suites have a private bathroom and a terrace or balcony, some come with a kitchenette, but guests are also free to cook in the well equipped shared kitchen. Outside they have barbecue facilities in the garden and the surrounding area is really nice to explore by hiking or biking, especially the nearby Mt. Etna National Park, and the farm can offer free bike rental to do just that. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything: accommodation (perfect rustic design), very friendly owner, excellent breakfast, good location (in the nature and at the same time close to the city)….” “We truly loved our stay here. Cesare was a very kind and relaxed host. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing and the whole place just beautiful. We will come again!….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA CASA DI PIPPINITTO: READ MORE
- In Pla del Penedès, near Barcelona, and in the heart of Catalonia’s wine region, B&B wine and cooking Penedès specializes in exactly that, producing its own organic wines and cava and offering guests a variety of very good vineyard tours, wine tasting and cooking classes. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a number of B&B rooms in the nicely renovated 17th-century farmhouse, and all of them are comfortable and clean with WiFi, flat screen TV and private bathroom. And outside there is plenty of space to relax in the terrace and gardens which also have a children’s play area. THE WINE & THE FOOD: The enthusiastic owners offer very good cooking classes (In English, Spanish or Catalan) where you can learn to prepare a range of Catalan and Spanish classic dishes such as Pa amb tomàquet with jamón ibérico, gazpacho, crema catalana and a number of seasonal tapas. Though not professional chefs their food is of a very high quality and they provide a generous buffet breakfast in the morning as well as various meals and snacks throughout the day. Guests are always welcome to tour their vineyard and discover more about the process of organic wine making. They can also arrange tours and tasting sessions at the nearby organic and biodynamic winery; Parés Baltà. You’ll also find an organic shop at the farmstay where you can take home some local wines, cava and olive oil. THE LOCATION: In terms of location, the town of Puigdàlber is less than five minutes away by car, Vilafranca del Penedès around the same. Your nearest beach will be at Sitges, around 20 minutes to the south, while the nearest airport is Barcelona El Prat, at about 50km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Could not possibly have been better! It was perfect. A beautifully restored Catalonian rural home, set in the middle of the vineyards of Penedés. Marta, the host, could not possibly have done any more to make our stay more amazing. She organised all of our visits to wineries, provided bikes for us to cycle around, made recommendations for meals, booked taxis, and generally took care of our every need….” “A beautiful location, delicious READ MORE
- In the tiny village of Mairena within Granada’s Sierra Nevada Park, Andalucia, Spain, Las Chimeneas farmstay has a mixture of B&B and self-catering accommodation in a lovingly decorated village house full of antiques and traditional furniture. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of B&B rooms at the main house plus three adjoining self catering apartments, one of which is two bedrooms, the others both one bedroom. There is an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens, and throughout the property the views of the surrounding countryside are superb, with the surrounding Sierra de Gador and Sierra Contaviesa mountains and the coast far off in the distance to the south. The meals here are excellent, the English owners are food enthusiasts and collect much of the ingredients from their own small organic farm. They serve a great and varied breakfast every morning at the informal on site restaurant plus evening meals too. Guests can watch their food being cooked if they like and get lessons on how to make some traditional Alpujarran (the local region) recipes come to life. THE FARM: Their small farm is just outside the village, has a stream running through it, and contains various fruits and vegetables; olives, almonds, cherries, oranges and apricots, as well as some wild grape vines. Guests are of course welcome to explore the farm, to visit and relax or if they like give a hand with collecting some of the produce. You can also learn a little about making local cheeses, soups, soaps and olive oil during informal demonstrations, plus yoga classes and ‘foraging mornings’, where a local guide can show you the best spots around the village for sourcing wild thyme, fennel, asparagus and mushrooms that you can bring back to cook with later. THE LOCATION: The tiny, isolated, village of Mairena is a wonderful find for anyone looking to experience typically slow paced Andalucian village life. You’ll find it absolutely a world away from the tourist zones of the coast. As mentioned above it’s also within the Sierra Nevada, so you’ll also find some world class hiking and mountain biking as well as bird watching, and the owners are always on READ MORE
- In the rolling hills south of Siena, Tuscany, Italy, pet friendly Tenuta di Corsano has a series of self-catering apartments in a classic 17th century farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and vegetable plots. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic apartments are cosy and comfortable with a kitchen and a lounge area and a choice of one, two and three bedrooms. They are traditional style with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings and all have WiFi, satellite TV, a kitchenette and living area. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and extensive gardens, and the whole property has really lovely views over the surrounding countryside. Though the accommodation is self catering, both breakfast and even meals can also be arranged. THE FARM: It is a working farm with a busy trade in grapes and olives as well as many vegetables that make up some of the ingredients of their excellent home made food. The food at Ville di Corsano is of a very high standard and guests are generally very impressed by their hearty, healthy Tuscan dishes. If you find yourself equally impressed you can arrange cooking classes at the farmhouse which feature some of these same Tuscan specialities. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is on a wonderfully peaceful hillside but still just steps away from the little village of Ville di Corsano. Ville di Corsano is a very cute little place with a population of just 200, and has a church, a shop, a very good restaurant and a small winery. This surrounding area is of course classic rural Tuscany and all of it is fantastic to explore. You’ll find many hiking routes and nature trails around, and there is the nearby Alto Merse Nature Reserve, about 10km from the farmstay. There are many classically beautiful Tuscan towns around too, as well as historical sights and an abundance of food and wine tourism. The friendly farmstay owners at Tenuta di Corsano can give you lots of tips and recommendations, and they can organize tours and various other services such as car hire, bicycle hire, babysitting and transfers from the lovely city of Siena just 16km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place READ MORE
- In the heart of rural New Hampshire this quaint farm stay bed and breakfast is a popular choice for visitors to the nearby White Mountain National Park, with the Echo Lake National Park too being less than a mile away. Their traditionally styled rooms are cosy and clean, all come with a sitting area and some have a fireplace or spa tub and outside you can relax and enjoy their hearty breakfast on the patio overlooking the gardens and the farm. Horseback riding is the main theme here, the farm has a number of stables and can organize lessons for even the most novice riders. They can offer carriage rides too and in winter, sleigh rides. This being ‘the farm by the river’, if fishing or swimming is your thing then the Saco River will keep you well entertained. READ MORE
- Oasi di Galbusera Bianca Agriturismo near Milan, Lombardy, Italy, is in the heart of the Montevecchia Park and its beautifully wild countryside. The B&B accommodation is in a lovely old style farm villa and the rooms are beautifully styled; all pastel shades and carefully chosen furniture and art pieces, they are gorgeously rustic. The farm is organic and eco-friendly, 50 acres in total, and grows a range of traditional regional fruit and vegetables. The food here is very highly rated, from breakfast to evening meals using locally sourced, organic ingredients much of which come from their own farm. They also offer cooking, diet and nutrition classes and have a range of activities to keep children amused. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of rooms to sleep up to four people. All of them are uniquely, and beautifully, styled with rustic wooden furniture and artistic flourishes everywhere. The gardens are lovely too and are surrounded by the olive trees, orchard groves and vegetable gardens of the farm. Guests are welcome to explore and you can arrange guided tours too where you can learn a little about organic farming and food production. The food is here excellent; organic of course, and as wholesome and healthy as possible. Most of it is vegetarian too and homemade; things like goat’s cheese, savoury tarts, sorbets and homemade bread. As mentioned above they also do cooking classes and can provide lots of good advice on diet and nutrition. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is conveniently near Milan, Lombardy’s dynamic capital, just 40km in fact, but is a world away in any other terms. It is, as the name suggests a veritable oasis from the city; peaceful, tranquil and surrounded by forests and fields of green. There are a number of nice little villages in the surrounds, nature parks like Monte Barro and Adda Nord for example, and lots of hiking routes and nature trails. The friendly staff at the agriturismo can give you plenty of good advice about the nicest places to go, and they also rent bikes at the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The accommodation is one of the most beautiful I have been to. This applies to READ MORE
- Tenuta di Petriolo is a gorgeous vineyard hotel situated in Torrita di Siena, Tuscany, conveniently near to both Siena and Arezzo. The estate dates back to the 1700s and the imposing manor house has beautifully decorated interiors; wood beamed and frescoed ceilings, antique furniture and ancient wine cellars which resonate history and an old fashioned sense of class and style. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of spacious B&B rooms, ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are classically decorated in keeping with the historical atmosphere of the property, and offer style and opulence belonging to a different era, though with modern conveniences like flat screen TV and WiFi. All the accommodation is B&B and the buffet breakfast is generous, varied and fresh. The manor house is large and there is plenty of common space to explore with lounge and dining space and even a lovely little chapel. And also externally where you’ll find patios, well tended gardens, a swimming pool and rows of vines and olive trees. There are fifteen acres of Sangiovese grape vineyards in total that have, since 1974, been supplying Chianti DOCG Colli Senesi and Chardonnay. You are of course welcome to sample some, and to buy to take home, and you can also arrange tours of the vineyards and the wine cellars in the company of the friendly and enthusiastic staff and owners. THE LOCATION: Tenuta di Petriolo is just outside the town of Torrita di Siena in the heart of Val di Chiana. (You can read more about the area here) This is a particularly lovely part of rural Tuscany and is a convenient base for visiting some important historical towns and cities, being just 45km from the city of Siena, 18km from Pienza and just 12km from the town of Montepulciano. There are also many other historical towns in the surroundings, too many to mention really, and the whole area is a pleasure to tour around, though of course you may also be tempted to just stay put at the hotel such is the beauty of the place! The nearest airport is Perugia San Francesco d’Assisi Airport, but both Florence and Pisa airports are also READ MORE
- Feriengut Unterhochstätt is a top quality alpine chalet farm stay with spa just outside Schwendt in the beautiful Tyrol region of Austria and makes for a particularly good farm holiday for families. THE ACCOMMODATION: The suites are spacious and luxurious and as well as the spa bath, some also contain an open fireplace in the lounge area. Their rooms, though less spacious and without some of the perks, are still also of the standard of any quality hotel. All their units, both rooms and suites, have balconies, with nice views over the surrounding countryside, flat screen cable TV and WiFi. There is a children’s playground in the gardens outside, and a swimming pond, while adults can play, amongst other things, table tennis and darts. There is a restaurant and bar here too serving some really great Tyrollean and Austrian food and drink, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from their organic farm, including beef and pork, sausages and eggs. There is a spa and wellness centre at the farm stay too. They have a steam bath, Finnish sauna, solarium and fitness room amongst other things and all their suites come with their own private whirlpool bathtubs. The organic farm is home to a number of the famous highland cattle as well as pigs and hens, and all the guests are welcome to explore, meet the animals and to join in feeding and other daily tasks. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farmstay is great for hiking, cycling and horse riding, all of which can be arranged by the friendly farm owners, with horses and bicycles, including electric bikes for hire. You’ll be close to the Zahmer Kaiser Walchsee and Hochkössen ski centres and there’s a free bus stop and even a cross country ski run right outside the door. It is also close to the German border with the slopes of Geigelstein mountain in Bavaria only about 30km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “An idyllic setting with ample opportunity for outdoor activity. The staff are friendly and eager to helo. Meals are hearty German/Austrian fare and certainly would be hard to go hungry. The included breakfast is excellent. Perfect for READ MORE
- In peaceful, rural County Laois, Ireland, and near to both Kilkenny city and the town of Carlow, the award-winning Coolanowle Country House has self catering and B&B accommodation on a working organic farm, which also contains a nice 3 acres of mature woodland. All their hotel standard rooms and self catering cottages are clean and comfortable with en-suite bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi. They serve a great breakfast in the morning, you can arrange equally good evening meals too and if the food appeals you can buy some of their own organic meat products; sausages, black puddings and rashers to take home from the farm shop. The farm stay is just ten minutes outside Carlow Town, less than twenty from Kilkenny city, with the city of Dublin about an hour away to the north east. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Would have loved to stay longer. Beautiful guesthouse, friendly host. Sheer luxury, loved it….” “Clean, comfortable Beds! Excellent breakfast! Everyone was really nice!! Highly recommended!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT COOLANOWLE COUNTRY HOUSE: READ MORE
- This eco-friendly farmstay in Yilan City, Taiwan, is a peaceful oasis of lush green countryside at the edge of the city. It has spacious B&B chalet accommodation surrounded by fruit & vegetable gardens and a nice lake. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farm stay has a range of modern chalets, from one bedroom standard to superior, which can sleep up to four people. You’ll find them spacious and very comfortable, with plenty of light and all modern facilities; private bathroom, fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, flat screen TV, WiFi and room service. They also have a balcony with views over the gardens and the lake. It’s a quality place, the service is friendly, and you’ll be treated to a very good breakfast every morning. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is in the boundaries of Yilan City, but it very much feels like you are in the heart of the countryside. It’s also less than an hour from Taipei with Taipei Songshan airport even closer. Though under an hour from Taipei, the city and county of Yilan have a different, more old fashioned atmosphere. It is well known for being a centre of aboriginal Taiwanese culture and the landscapes around the city are truly gorgeous. The city itself is on the Yilan Plain and the coastline makes up the Yilan Coast National Scenic area, over a hundred kilometers of stunning scenery; thick forests, mountains and rocky cliffs; a fabulous place for hiking and exploring nature. In the city itself two places shouldn’t be missed; Taiwan generally is well known for its night markets and Yilan does it best of all; the most famous night market in the whole country is Luodong Market, in the township of the same name. It is a raucous place mainly devoted to food and here you can taste a huge array of Yilan and Taiwanese food and drink. Old Yilan is the heart of the city and has many grand buildings dating from the early to mid 20th-century, many of which were built during the Japanese occupation, and have a unique architectural style. Buildings like the Former Taiwan Railway Administration Office and the former Rice Inspection Bureau give a glimpse READ MORE
- Agriturismo Antichi Granai is a scenic rural retreat between Palermo and Trapani in the depths of rural west Sicily. The hillside accommodation is that of a stylish and minimalist, traditional Sicilian farmhouse, the food is excellent, as is the homemade Nero d’Avola wine, and the hosts are enthusiastic, warm and welcoming. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of rooms and suites to sleep up to in the rustic farmhouse which dates back to the early 1900s. All of them are spacious and clean and come private bathroom, WiFi, air-con, central heating and lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Outside there are terrace and garden areas which are beautifully designed and maintained with plenty of lounging and al fresco dining space. There is a swimming pool in the gardens too and all around you can enjoy the same lovely views. There is a large working farm here too of course which you are more than welcome to take a look around, and do some horseback riding too. If you so wish, you can also join in some of the activities; harvesting the olives or wheat for example, or helping to collect some of the great array of vegetables and fruit which go in to the fine food at the farmhouse restaurant. THE LOCATION: Though just over an hour from Palermo and roughly half that from Trapani this agriturismo feels very much in the middle of nowhere. From its hilltop setting you have really tremendous views over the miles and miles of rolling hills that surround. There is barely a hint of urbanization in these parts with the exception of the picturesque little town of Calatafimi Segesta, so it will doubtless be a welcome break for many, especially if they’ve just arrived from Palermo. As a result it’s startlingly quiet and peaceful, with the stars at night appearing as bright as you can ever imagine. So it might be a place to relax but there is still a lot to do and see locally and the hospitable agriturismo owners can arrange all sorts of tours and excursions for you. You can arrange day trips to the city of Trapani, and to its surrounding, READ MORE
- This friendly, very highly rated, Picardie farm stay has B&B rooms on a cattle farm just outside the medieval town of Coucy le Chateau and not far from Soissons with its famous abbey and cathedral. All the modern, immaculately clean, rooms come with en suite bathrooms including bathtub, with some rooms also having a seating area. There’s a sociable shared lounge and terrace at the farmhouse with a flat screen TV and DVD player and a well equipped children’s playground in the large gardens. And you’ll have a great breakfast served every morning, made from the best local produce including their own home produced eggs, fruit, jams and more. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely place to stop, huge garden for the kids to play in with a trampoline and a swing set, chickens, cows and fresh air. Breakfast was lovely and all home grown fruit….” “There was so much to like, from the well cared-for animals to the personal attention. Celine is a fantastic hostess and provided a fresh and homemade breakfast every morning, more food than our family of four could possibly eat. We enjoyed relaxing on the farm in the quiet village. We would highly recommend it….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AU JARDIN FLEURI: READ MORE