No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays with cooking classes in Toscana, Italy in 2023! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Just a few minutes from San Gimignano, the 17th century era Agriturismo Mormoraia is consistently among Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismi. It is a beautiful property surrounded by organic wine and extra-virgin olive oil producing farmland, it has gorgeous views of the San Gimignano towers and surrounding countryside, elegant, luxurious accommodation, fabulous food, an outdoor swimming pool, and a spa and wellness centre. Among the animals that call the farm home are horses, ponies, donkeys, goats, sheep, ducks and hens, and guests can enjoy activities such as horse riding, e-biking, hiking, cooking classes, wine and olive oil tasting. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Agriturismo has 30, very tastefully renovated, units varying in size and features from their entry level 16 m² (172 square feet) Classic Doubles to 70 m² Family Suites to sleep 4 and a 110 m² Self Catering 3 Bed Villa to sleep up to 6. Their most romantic suites, most might agree, are the Deluxe Double Rooms with Jacuzzi. None of the accommodation at Mormoraia will disappoint though: even their most basic rooms are thoroughly elegant affairs and come with all modern luxury hotel conveniences. FACILITIES & THINGS TO DO: Their breakfast is an enormous buffet with a mix of Tuscan, Italian and international, including some delectable cakes and sweet stuff. The property’s restaurant is open all day and mainly serves Tuscan traditional accompanied by a selection of the farm’s own organic wines. In the summer dining goes al-fresco on the terrace to create a quintessential Tuscan scene with the towers of San Gimignano in the distance Wine tasting, cellar and vineyard tours are available as are olive oil tastings and cooking classes. You can also go also horse riding, hiking and e-biking at Mormoraia and tour their extensive farm. Other facilities include a swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens, a sauna, a Turkish bath and a beauty and wellness centre with a menu of various massages and health and beauty treatments. LOCATION: Mormoraia is equidistance between Siena and Florence, at a little under an hour from each, and just minutes away from the spectacular town of San Gimignano. The agriturismo is not served by public transport, but READ MORE
- In the rolling hills south of Siena, Tuscany, Italy, pet friendly Tenuta di Corsano has a series of self-catering apartments in a classic 17th century farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and vegetable plots. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic apartments are cosy and comfortable with a kitchen and a lounge area and a choice of one, two and three bedrooms. They are traditional style with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings and all have WiFi, satellite TV, a kitchenette and living area. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and extensive gardens, and the whole property has really lovely views over the surrounding countryside. Though the accommodation is self catering, both breakfast and even meals can also be arranged. THE FARM: It is a working farm with a busy trade in grapes and olives as well as many vegetables that make up some of the ingredients of their excellent home made food. The food at Ville di Corsano is of a very high standard and guests are generally very impressed by their hearty, healthy Tuscan dishes. If you find yourself equally impressed you can arrange cooking classes at the farmhouse which feature some of these same Tuscan specialities. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is on a wonderfully peaceful hillside but still just steps away from the little village of Ville di Corsano. Ville di Corsano is a very cute little place with a population of just 200, and has a church, a shop, a very good restaurant and a small winery. This surrounding area is of course classic rural Tuscany and all of it is fantastic to explore. You’ll find many hiking routes and nature trails around, and there is the nearby Alto Merse Nature Reserve, about 10km from the farmstay. There are many classically beautiful Tuscan towns around too, as well as historical sights and an abundance of food and wine tourism. The friendly farmstay owners at Tenuta di Corsano can give you lots of tips and recommendations, and they can organize tours and various other services such as car hire, bicycle hire, babysitting and transfers from the lovely city of Siena just 16km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place READ MORE
- Il Segreto di Pietrafitta is a very atmospheric, 15th century era farmhouse just outside San Gimignano. It is a thoroughly charming place with a stunning hillside location, excellent food and beautifully rustic accommodation. Most people seem to agree with us: it is possibly Tuscany’s most highly rated agriturismo, so be prepared to book in advance. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have mostly double and triple rooms here, plus a self catering apartment, with breakfast and dinner included in the rate. The rooms are gorgeous – think classic Tuscan wood beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, sturdy hand-crafted furniture and colourfully tiled, old style bathrooms. Their ‘Superior Double Room’ is the pick of the rooms we think. It is more spacious and its layout makes it feel just that bit nicer. If you don’t have too much budget constraint, the pick of the accommodation overall is probably the apartment though. It is a beautiful space with a well equipped, stylish kitchen and lounge area and one bedroom with queen size bed, plus there’s a sofa bed in the lounge. It is the most popular accommodation choice though and generally gets booked up very far in advance. All the accommodation comes with standard hotel perks – large screen satellite TVs, WiFi, mini-bars, study desks and tea/coffee making stations. Check out all the details on the booking page here. Note: Agriturismo Il Segreto di Pietrafitta is adults only (16+). Note 2: There is a four night minimum stay. There is a nice swimming pool in the grounds which has sweeping views over the surrounding countryside, including the towers of San Gimignano. The buffet style homemade breakfast and à la carte evening meal (vegetarian options always available) are served in their wonderful outdoor terrace during the warmer months. Both breakfast and dinner are included in the room rate. The farmhouse is surrounded by olive trees and organic fruit and vegetable groves. They make their own branded extra virgin olive oil here which guests are welcome to sample, and they do cooking lessons too. They have regular Yoga sessions (and lessons for beginners) and also provide a range of massage therapies. You can rent out electric bikes at the READ MORE
- In the heart of the vineyards around Greve in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy, and near to both Florence and Siena, Agriturismo Podere Campriano is a beautifully rustic, family owned organic farmstay that produces some quality wine and olive oil and offers cooking classes and winery tours. It is very much a peaceful little oasis but yet only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the town of Greve in Chianti itself. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their B&B suites and rooms (you can check your options on the booking page here), and their self catering apartment, are clean, spacious and tastefully furnished, and all have WiFi throughout. While outside in the gardens you’ll find plenty of space to relax, with a salt water swimming pool and barbecue facilities. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM, THE WINE & THE FOOD: Guests are welcome to wander the hillside vineyards and olive groves, and can also arrange guided tours of both the farm and the winery, to learn a bit about the production process and partake in tasting sessions. Their winery produces some quality organic wines as well as Bolero elixir, a unique type of grape syrup that they have been making at Agriturismo Podere Campriano for generations. The farm stay also has some helpful daily cooking classes where you can learn how to make some of the local specialities that make Tuscany, and Chianti, so famous in culinary circles. THE LOCATION: Tuscany might just claim to be Italy’s most admired region and if so Chianti could easily claim to be the Tuscany of Tuscany, so to speak. It is the very heart of the region and has a rural charm that manages to defy the masses of tourists that visit it every year. It is a place of winding roads, gentle green hills and fertile land that has been producing some of the world’s best wines and olive oil since at least medieval times. Dotted among this lovely countryside you’ll also find some classically beautiful Tuscan towns, none more so perhaps than Greve in Chianti itself, the gateway to Chianti, and the location READ MORE
- With spectacular views of San Gimignano, Tuscany, this lovely traditional farm stay has pet friendly B&B rooms and self-catering accommodation on an organic family farm and vineyard. It’s a homely, friendly place which produces quality wine and extra virgin olive oil, and keeps farm animals too. The food though is the real highlight at Fattoria San Donato, they have a traditional, organic, Tuscan restaurant which serves up some of the best fresh food around, much of which comes from their own farm. If you are impressed with the cooking, as you undoubtedly will, you can also arrange some excellent cooking classes with chef and owner, Federica. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have some nice self catering apartments, and B&B double rooms with private bathroom. All of them are spacious and decorated with a rustic, traditional, Tuscan style. The apartments have two double bedrooms, but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge that can be converted into another double for two extra guests. The lounge is large and comes with a kitchenette too. You can enjoy some really fantastic food and wine at the farm restaurant including a lavish buffet breakfast in the mornings and various meals throughout the day. And, as mentioned above, cooking classes can be arranged too. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool in the large gardens where you can also play table tennis and the kids can enjoy the playground. And all of this with really stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including those iconic towers of San Gimignano. There’s a lot going on in their busy organic farm, it has farm animals; goats, pigs, hens and ducks, and grows vegetables, herbs and fruits including olives and of course grapes. Around the edges of the farm there are patches of woodland that lead on into the Castelvecchio Nature Reserve which has some rugged scenery and lots of local wildlife. The family are always happy to show guests around the farm and the cellars, and to show them how they make their wines, oils and various other food products. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some tasting sessions too. THE LOCATION: The family are also always happy to READ MORE
- S.Andrea is a spectacular Tuscan agriturismo in the little hamlet of Fabbrica, a half an hour from Florence. Its villa complex, which dates back to medieval times sits on a strategic hilltop and has incredible views over Chianti. Though they also have 5 rooms in the main building, the majority of its accommodation is in the form of rustic style, self-catering apartments in two separate sites each of which have gardens and outdoor swimming pools. The surrounding 1500 acre farm produces its own Chianti Classico wine and olive oil, and their restaurant is a great introduction to traditional Tuscan, and Italian food. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice of double B&B rooms and various self catering apartments, to sleep up to six, at S.Andrea. The apartments, as mentioned, are not at the reception building which also houses the restaurant, but in their own semi-independent renovated villas. Both are surrounded by beautifully tended gardens and come with a pool, a barbecue and outdoor dining area, and a kid’s playground. The style is very much traditional Tuscan with terracotta floors, wood beamed ceilings and large stone fireplaces, but with all modern conveniences. Check out all the details on the booking page here. They are fully self catering but guests will be very tempted to try the excellent on-site restaurant – Osteria la Capanna del Gallo, and you can also hire a private chef for your apartment. Apart from lounging happily around the property and taking in the views, guests can partake in wine and olive oil tastings, cooking classes, tours of the farm, hire bikes (including e-bikes) or vespas, join a bike tour, and enjoy yoga, massages, reflexology and Ayurveda treatments. Lots of off-site activities can be arranged by the hotel too such as hot air balloon rides, horse riding, tennis, wine tours and tours of Florence and Siena etc. THE LOCATION: Villa S.Andrea dominates the ancient hamlet of Fabbrica, 10 km from San Casciano Val Di Pesa, and close to a great range of historical villages (the staff at S.Andrea will have plenty of recommendations and also offer tours) including Sant’Andrea in Percussina where you can visit the house, now a READ MORE
- Very near Florence in the famous town of Vinci, Tuscany, this is an idyllic luxury agriturismo B&B set in a 16th-century Medicean Villa. It is surrounded by acres of vineyards and olive groves from which the owners produce their own award winning wines and olive oils. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two double rooms and two larger double luxury suites at the farmhouse (check the booking page here), all of which are very comfortable and elegantly decorated in classic Tuscan style. Each come with private bathroom, WiFi and satellite flat screen TV, while the larger suites also have a separate lounge area. Outside there is plenty of space to relax in the gardens and guests are free to wander the estate and the ancient wine cellars, and can of course arrange wine and olive oil tasting sessions, as well as Tuscan cooking classes, at the villa. Their wine making tradition dates back to 1700 and their wines have won numerous awards, the most well known being their Chianti Dianella which is served in many top restaurants and taverns all over Italy. Their food is fabulous too at their informal restaurant and a generous and healthy buffet breakfast will await you each morning, to be served in your room, in the dining hall or outside in the gardens. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: For those of you in the know of such things, the estate is located in the western Montalbano Chianti DOCG area of Tuscany and has about 25 hectares of vineyard stretched over gentle hills with a south to south west exposure. They grow a variety of grapes here; Cabernet Sauvignon, Vermentino, Sangiovese, Colorino and quite a few more. There are also about 15 hectares of olive groves, growing varieties such as Leccino, Pendolino, Frantoio and Moraiolo which go into the making of their branded Dianella extra virgin olive oil. They are passionate about both and have even a small wine museum in the ancient cellars of the villa. Tours are offered too of course, of the farm and the cellars, as well as wine READ MORE
- In a picture perfect, hillside setting outside the town of Castellina in Chianti near Siena, Agriturismo Querceto Di Castellina has self catering cottages on a busy, eco-friendly, working farm which produces high quality organic wines, grappa and extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great choice of rustic 15th-century cottages, all with kitchen, lounge and dining area, WiFi and flat screen TV with satellite channels. In the grounds you will find a nice outdoor swimming pool too and well kept gardens surrounded by the farms acres of vineyards and olive groves. It has its own boutique winery and a feature of a stay here is their excellent wine tasting sessions. The food too is highly rated, as are their popular cooking classes at the farmhouse where guests can learn how to prepare a whole host of traditional Tuscan dishes. They have various snacks and small food items available throughout the day too at their wine and cheese bar. Pets are allowed at no extra charge, they have an outdoor play area for children, and have a range of extra services like bicycle hire, breakfast delivered to your room, special diet menus etc. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: This family-run is in the finest Tuscan agriturismo tradition, it offers top quality service while also keeping busy producing organic wines and olive oil. Its vineyards are high on a hilltop in ideal conditions for producing its highly rated organic Chianti Classicos; L’aura Chianti Classico and Sei Chianti Classico Gran Selezione. Their vineyard and boutique winery can be visited and you can learn a lot from the owners about what goes in to producing top quality organic wines. They produce some good grappa and extra virgin olive oil too which can be sampled at the farmstay and you can of course, just like the wine, buy some to take home. THE LOCATION: The famously beautiful countryside of Tuscany and especially Chianti has been enticing visitors both domestic and foreign for generations now. Its fertile farms have been producing a lot of Italy‘s best wines for hundreds READ MORE
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathroom and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of place to relax looking out on to the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4 course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you for such a memorable holiday….” “Beautiful home cooked food, stunning location, peaceful and tranquil. A warm welcome from a lovely lady. Perfect….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO IL CASTAGNOLINO: READ MORE
- This very much luxury agriturismo near Florence, in the heart of the Chianti hills, Tuscany, has a history going back to the 14th-century, and a gorgeous hillside setting surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a broad range of accommodation from standard doubles to family rooms that can sleep up to five and some extra spacious suites. Check out your options on the booking page here. Even the most basic of rooms have a whiff of luxury with the only major difference really being the amount of space on offer. All are chic, clean and comfortable, and their mixture of modern and rustic interior design complement the wood beamed ceilings and frescoed walls. Every morning you’ll be treated to a great Tuscan style buffet breakfast including cold meats and cheeses, pastries and jams. Agriturismo Salvadonica also has its own small restaurant which serves some quality local food for lunch and dinner and using the farm’s own olive oil and wine. There is a large garden outside which has lovely views over the Chianti Hills, an outdoor swimming pool, and plenty of space for relaxing and dining. If you’re impressed by the food, and most people are, you can join their daily cooking classes where a professional chef will teach you how to create full three course traditional Tuscan and Italian meals. You’ll have access to a tennis court and fitness center at the farm stay too, and they can also organize a whole host of services including massage, concierge, laundry services, business meeting rooms, bicycle rental, bicycle tours, horse riding and hot air balloon trips. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: Salvadonica has a long history as a farm and a manor, with the farmhouse having been lovingly restored in recent years. The farm itself has five acres of olive groves, four acres of vineyard, and over 15 acres left semi natural as park and woodland. It is a beautifully relaxing place to wander around but it’s also a working farm & winery, producing its own wine and a range of extra READ MORE