No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best child friendly/family friendly agriturismo farm stays, ranch stays & vineyard hotels in New South Wales, Australia in 2022! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Minimbah is a lovely, very family friendly, Kangaroo Valley retreat with three spacious self catering cottages on its 150 acre working farm, which is surrounded by rainforest and has a number of friendly animals including cows, goats, alpacas, sheep and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is one 6 bedroom cottage, one three bedroom and one two bedroom cottage to choose from. All of which are spacious, comfortable and well equipped, and with the help of some sofa beds and bunk beds have a maximum occupancy of 16, 11 and 8 respectively. Check them all out on the booking page here. They lie on one side of the farm, roughly 80 metres from each other, but are nicely set to ensure enough privacy for each. There is much to see and do around the farm, especially, but certainly not exclusively, for kids, though they do have a ‘kid’s fort’ playground with plenty of fun games to keep them occupied. Guests are free to wander the farm as they please and help feed the friendly alpacas and goats, collect eggs, paddle in the creek, have a picnic or go wildlife spotting where, with a bit of patience, you can see a remarkable amount of wildlife; kookaburras, lyre birds, wedge tailed eagles, echidnas, kangaroos, wombats and more. Note: there is no WiFi. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Minimbah Farm is just a kilometre and a half from the quaint Kangaroo Valley village, which makes for a pleasant walk through some lovely verdant countryside. There you’ll find some nice cafes, restaurants and shops and from where you can organize all sorts of the outdoor activities which are a typical feature of a holiday in Kangaroo Valley; boat trips down the river, hot air ballooning, horse riding, visits to wineries etc. You are also close to NSW’s south coast and some great beaches, with Shoalhaven Heads (half an hour) and Jervis Bay (one hour) within driving distance. The journey from Sydney should take less than two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Our kids, ages ranging from 2-7 had the most amazing time READ MORE
- The eco-friendly Crystal Creek Meadows has four very private, luxury guest cottages on their small farm in the midst of some typically gorgeous Kangaroo Valley countryside, just 3km from Kangaroo Valley village itself. It’s very much a place to relax and recuperate and guests can treat themselves to yoga classes and various day spa and massage packages in the privacy of their cottage or in a secluded spot in the grounds. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice between the one double bedroom cottages; the Billabong and the Jolly Jumbuck, and the two double bedroom; the Fleur Farm and Rose Garden. Check them out on the booking page here. All are spacious and super clean and comfortable with King and Queen size beds and particularly plush bathrooms with free standing bathtubs and stocked with the owners’s own organic, handmade aromatherapy products. Other facilities include WiFi, satellite TV & DVD, cosy log fires and top of the range kitchens. The accommodation is self catering but you can enjoy a generous deluxe breakfast hamper in the mornings supplied by the farm owners, which include some free range farm eggs, home-baked scones and a range of herbal teas. Evening meals too can be arranged with a little advanced notice and if cooking your own you can feel free to pick some of the ingredients; organic fruit, vegetables and herbs straight from the gardens. You can while away the time at Crystal Creek just relaxing and detoxing from the city, but you can also go wildlife spotting, fruit or flower picking, picnicking or night time star gazing. If you want to tour further afield, around the enchanting Kangaroo Valley, you can borrow one of the farm’s bikes. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Kangaroo Valley village is just 3km away from the farm and so you are very central to all that the Valley has to offer. There is much to do and see in the surrounding area, much of it food and wine based, but lots of outdoor sports, hot air ballooning, boat trips and the like can be arranged too. READ MORE
- This peaceful, friendly farm stay near Sydney NSW, overlooks the Kangaroo Valley and has lodge style accommodation on a working horse & cattle farm with some really gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. Horse riding is a big feature at the farmstay; you can arrange lessons and trail rides that are among Australia‘s most beautiful, into the Morton National Park right next door for example, through rainforests and even right up to the top of Mt. Moollootoo. Kids too can enjoy a ride on one of their ponies. THE ACCOMMODATION: The self catering accommodation is in the form of old style timber lodges; the bigger lodge can accommodate up to eight people, with two separate double bedrooms and four single bunk beds in the lounge area. There are also two bathrooms, a fully equipped open plan kitchen and lounge with an open log fire, and there’s a barbecue area just outside the door. The smaller mini lodge has an open plan lounge & kitchen, bathroom and a mezzanine level above with a queen size bed. The sofa in the lounge area also opens out into a double bed so it can a fit a total of four people. There’s a barbecue area just outside the door too. Note: For a digital detox there is no WiFi! PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: It’s a working farm with a herd of cattle and dozens of horses. The owners are horse experts and enthusiasts, and have years of experience of horse riding, teaching and exploring the local area on horseback. The farm itself leads on to Mt. Moollootoo and has sections of open pasture land, rainforest and open bush that leads into Morton National Park. All of which makes it a really special place for horse riding and there are dozens of fantastic trails that the owners are always happy to guide you around. You can head up through the rainforest to the top of Mt Moollootoo from where the views are simply spectacular, taking in Morton Park, the Kangaroo River & Lake Yurunga. They have a few friendly READ MORE
- The Donnybrook Eco-Retreat is an off-grid property that provides luxury, safari style, glamping tents in 100 acres of gorgeously peaceful, lush Hunter Valley countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three tents in total, all of which are doubles with queen size bed. One, the Billabong tent is self-contained with its own kitchenette, and sits by itself by a dam while the other two, the Valley View & Hill View, sit near each other on a small hillside. The latter two tents are linked by raised decks and separated by a lovely cedar clad yurt which has a well equipped kitchen and dining area for the use of guests in both tents. If looking for splendid isolation some might find them a little too close to each other and so will be happier with the Billabong tent, but they do allow for some degree of socializing with other guests if you so wish. Check out your options on the booking page here. The accommodation is self catering but a farm fresh breakfast pack is included in the rate and, as the name suggests, features some organic products straight from their own farm. You’ll find the surrounds remarkably peaceful, especially if you’re coming from Sydney. Feel free to wander around the 100 acres of bush and grassland with its farm animals; sheep, ducks, miniature goats and hens, and a huge amount of local wildlife. You can take a swim in the indoor swimming pool (seasonal), borrow a bike from the retreat, go kayaking or fishing too, and of course there is lots to see in the surrounds; the iconic Hunter Valley. Note: There is no Wifi at the retreat. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Donnybrook Eco is close to the Hunter River and within a half an hour’s drive of some of the most well known towns in the area; Maitland, Paterson and Morpeth for eg., as well as lots of its most famous wineries and restaurants. The journey by car from Sydney should take less than two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a lovely spot with a great view, READ MORE
- On the edge of the outback in New South Wales, Australia, this pet friendly farm stay, halfway between Sydney and Adelaide, is a great way to experience an authentic Australian sheep station and large farm producing irrigated crops. THE ACCOMMODATION: All cottages have modern comforts including five star bedding, air conditioning and heating. Full kitchen and dining facilities for self catering with dinner hampers also available. Full breakfast hampers are included free of charge in the rate for the one and two bedroom cottages. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Corynnia Station is an old working station and farm tours with your hosts are usually available. There is also a magnificent garden oasis with a swimming pool and tennis courts. You’ll find pushbikes and friendly animals, bushwalking, amazing 360 degree skies perfect for star gazing as well as paddock picnics and campfires during the cooler months. THE LOCATION: Guests can travel by car – no 4×4 vehicle required – or they can fly direct by private plane to the Corynnia Station Airstrip. Guests need to bring a full tank of fuel because there is no fuel supply available within 65 kilometres of Corynnia Station. Do not use GPS as it will not give you correct travel times and directions. Corynnia Farm Station is one hours drive from Hay and 45 minutes from Griffith. Full, detailed directions will be given after reservation. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The station was awesome. Felt relaxed and was such a beautiful place to stay the sunrise and sunset….” “Wonderful cottage stay in a beautiful setting. Can only recommend!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CORYNNIA STATION FARM STAY: READ MORE
- The Heavens offers luxury cottages with spa baths on its own 160 acre, blissfully peaceful, slice of Kangaroo Valley countryside. It is very much a place to relax and completely unwind, and can make a tempting romantic getaway from Sydney, though it also happily caters for families too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are two one-bedroom and one two-bedroom cottages to choose from. All are spacious and fully contained with top of the range kitchen facilities, lounge with satellite TV, comfortable beds and spa baths/jacuzzis in the bathrooms. They all offer plenty of privacy and solitude and, from the verandah outside, you have lovely views over the surrounding farmland, and your own barbecue facilities. Check out all the options on the booking page here. The cottages overlook the farm where you’ll find alpacas, goats, pigs, hens, ducks and guinea fowl as well as a huge amount of the wildlife that Kangaroo Valley is famous for; kangaroos of course, plus wallaroos, wombats, wallabies, echidnas and plenty more. Guests are welcome to stroll around the farm and meet some of the animals go hiking around the bush or treat themselves to a massage package from their on-call professional masseuses. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: The Heavens is just 6km from Kangaroo Valley town and the whole area has loads to offer the outdoors types; horse riding, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing, fishing etc., and the scenery is, famously, simply gorgeous all around. Kangaroo Valley has plenty to offer food and wine lovers too. There are quite a few wineries which offer wine tours in the surrounding area and some lovely small towns with plenty of food culture, farmers markets etc. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Refreshing, relaxing, romantic, just perfect for what we needed. Thank you. The complete experience was exceptional, the walks, the room, the view, the service and the perfect place to feel away from home and be self isolated. My partner ended up having emergency dental surgery and the owners checked in to see how the patient was doing. Would have stayed longer if we could but READ MORE
- In the centre of New South Wales, and not far from the Australian capital Canberra, Moorallie Farm, has the lovely Adelong Creek running through it and has peace, quiet and the joys of nature in abundance. The whole region is famously great for hiking and fishing with the beautiful Snowy Mountains and Kosciuszko National Park very nearby, and the farm itself has cattle, sheep and hens, grows apples, figs and pears and even breeds labrador puppies! Their clean and comfortable self catering cottage has a lounge with TV, full kitchen, private bathrooms, with a bath. Outside, in the large gardens you’ll find BBQ facilities as well as a swimming pool and even a tennis court. It’s self catering but the very friendly owners are happy to provide you with a breakfast starter pack on arrival. Note: No WiFi available. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “One of the loveliest places I have ever stayed!…” “Such a gorgeous view and surrounding country. The host family was so friendly and welcoming….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT MOORALLIE COTTAGE FARM STAY: READ MORE
- This very highly rated self catering farm stay is on a 300 acre farm in Byron Bay, Australia; in the heart of New South Wales’ Northern Rivers region. Being also near the historic town of Bangalow and just south of Brisbane, Queensland’s Gold Coast it has an excellent location. They have both one and two bedroom cottages and all are fully self contained with kitchen, bathroom and a lounge with TV and Dvd. They each have a lovely private verandah with views of the rainforest or the lake. You can take a canoe or rowing boat out on to the lake, or swim or fish, and there are plenty of nice hiking and mountain bike trails within the farm’s borders and beyond. The farm has animals of course, horses, hens and cows for example and guests, including children can feel welcome to help out with the feeding etc. Note: It’s recommended you come here with a vehicle as there’s no public transport between the village and the farm! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We could not rate it any higher as a place to stay, we will definitely be back for another stay at the cottages….” “Such beautiful views, extremely friendly owners, it was a perfect relaxing getaway for our girls weekend….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BYRON BAY FARM STAY: READ MORE
- Hillview Farm is a fun, family friendly and pet friendly farm experience between Sydney and Melbourne, just a half an hour from Wagga Wagga NSW, and two hours from Canberra. It has a huge range of accommodation on nearly 1000 acres of farm and bushland which is home to farm animals such as alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens as well as lots of local wildlife. There is a swimming pool and tennis courts in the gardens too. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation consists of farm cottages and lodges and two glamping safari tents. Check out all your options out on the booking page here. The tents are cleverly designed as safari huts equipped with an outside veranda, and so don’t look much like tents until you get up close. The mainly wooden interiors are equally surprising; they are plush and stylish and though the tents are large they have a cosy, comfortable feel. Outside there is a veranda with table and chairs overlooking the vast farm. The self catering, self contained cottages come with either one or two double bedrooms while the lodge has four double bedrooms and can be rented out as a whole unit or by the room. All have that classic Aussie farm cottage look about them and are modern, clean, comfortable and well equipped inside. All of the accommodation is self catering, with either your own kitchen or if just renting a room; a shared kitchen, but a good breakfast is provided every morning, included in the room rate, with continental options as well as classic bacon and eggs. You can also order hearty, home-made classic meals to be cooked for you during the day, desserts, soups and salads too. They have plenty of options but request that you place your orders a few days in advance. BBQ packs, and things like wine and cheese platters can also be ordered and all the accommodation comes with barbecue facilities. The property is a mix of farmland and bushland with the farm being home to alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens and the bushland to kangaroos and lots of other native wildlife. Guests are welcome to wander around and meet some READ MORE
- Very near the historic village of Wollombi, Gypsy Willows is a secluded Hunter Valley retreat on 25 acres of peaceful farmland. It has two plush self catering cottages for nightly rent both with their own private swimming pools. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are just two cottages at Gypsy Willows, one with three double bedrooms, and the other with two, and all with King or Queen size beds and en-suite bathrooms. Both are also spacious, clean and tremendously comfortable and come with modern facilities including well equipped kitchens, WiFi, Digital TV, Bose music speakers, reverse cycle air-con, wood burning fires, gas BBQs, Nespresso coffee machines etc. etc. Check them out on the booking page here. The surroundings are gorgeous, the gardens and the small farm which is home to cattle and horses, and perfect for long meandering walks and wildlife spotting. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: The farm is walking distance from the lovely little village of Wollombi which has some very nice restaurants and cafes and there are plenty of boutique wineries in the surrounding area. You can treat yourself to wine tours, helicopter rides, boat trips and lots of the usual Hunter Valley activities from the farm. The farm owners live nearby and can be at hand with plenty of tips and advice. The journey by car from Sydney should take well under two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The villa was so beautiful. It was quiet and had beautiful views. The owner was amazing and was quick to reply and help if we needed it….” “Exceptional: This property was amazing My daughter and her family stayed here for a recent family wedding. The kids had a ball watching the kangaroos and meeting the pet horses. Absolutely loved it and want to return for a break from Sydney life in the near future….” CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT GYPSY WILLOWS. READ MORE
- Amongst the vineyards of the Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia, this farm stay is a working alpaca farm with a few extra luxuries for guests: a tennis court, sauna, spa, swimming pool, barbecue and children’s playground. Accommodation is in the form of cottages with a balcony and outdoor seats, a full kitchen, and a lounge with flat-screen TV. Visitors are more than welcome to meet and feed the animals at any time. The cottages are located next to the alpaca fields with views of the animals. Guests are welcome to meet and feed the animals at any time throughout the day. There is free Wi-Fi at the reception area which also has a souvenir shop and sells a range of alpaca knitwear. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A fantastic stay. There is so much to do. Pool, tennis courts, bikes, feeding the animals etc. We stayed with friends and we each had our own place which was awesome. So close yet still your own space….” “So clean, great shower, plenty of space. All the animals on the property were super cute. We got the cabin that was brand new so was great! Loved it!…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT STARLINE ALPACAS FARM STAY: READ MORE
- Near Cessnock, and the heart of Hunter Valley, Emma’s Cottage Vineyard is well known among wine lovers. It has been producing premium boutique wines from seven different varieties of hand picked grapes since 1989 and offers a full compliment of wine tourism activities. It is also perfectly located to visit the many other vineyards and cellar doors that dot this part of Hunter. Their accommodation is also of the highest quality though and so even if, like many people, you have no interest in wine, the calm, healing atmosphere make it a great place to de-stress for pretty much anyone. They also have a highly rated restaurant, Restaurant Trey, an on-site art gallery hosting regular exhibitions and an outdoor seasonal swimming pool. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of two, three and four bedroom private cottages to sleep up to a maximum of eight. All are modern, spacious and very comfortable with fully equipped kitchens, large living and dining rooms with large flat screen TV, cosy log fire, air con, music dock, as well as furnished outdoor space with gas BBQ facilities. Check your options out on the booking page here. Note: no Wifi available. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: In Lovedale, just off the Wine Country Drive, a few minutes north from Cessnock, Emma’s is surrounded by boutique wineries and cellar doors just like its own and is a great place to base yourself for tours of one of Australia’s premier wine making regions. If you have an interest in the history of this iconic area you may be interested to know that there is a heritage listed, 19th century era cemetery on the Emma’s Vineyard property, one which contains many big names of the early wine industry. It’s not just wine though, the Hunter Valley, and this part of Hunter particularly, is also a place for foodies to indulge, with a tremendous amount of great restaurants, cafes, farmer’s markets and the like. The enthusiastic owners of Emma’s Vineyard can point you in the right direction for all this and more, plus they have their READ MORE
- Ideal for a romantic getaway from Sydney, Emirates One & Only lies hidden away in the Blue Mountain’s Wolgan Valley, between Wollemi National Park and the Gardens of Stone National Park. It is without doubt one of the finest luxury, rural retreats in NSW and offers 40 plush and spacious, eco friendly villas each with private swimming pool. The setting too is sublime; they are part of a seven thousand acres wildlife reserve which boasts some of NSW’s most beautiful scenery. THE ACCOMMODATION: The opulent villas come with one two or three bedrooms, all beautifully designed and furnished in rustic country chic style. They also all come with a range of luxury features, including the above mentioned private swimming pool. Check out all the details on the booking page here. It is a self-contained, all inclusive resort and most room rates include gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, with a range of wines, beers and non-alcoholic beverages gratis alongside them. You have a variety of dining options on the estate including the stylish Wolgan Dining Room with panoramic views, the more casual restaurant The Country Kitchen, and the Valley Bar & Terrace which includes a walk-in wine cellar. Emirates One & Only is very much a place to unwind and destress, and you can do exactly as little as you’d like, though activities are numerous, with 4-wheel drive wildlife safaris (day and night), mountain biking, horse riding, tennis, archery, yoga, bush walks, stargazing, campfire gourmet picnics and much more to be enjoyed. Two packages from their menu of organized nature based activities are complimentary for guests and the One & Only also has a high tech fitness centre, tennis courts, a swimming pool, saunas, steam rooms, and a range of highly praised spa treatments, including beauty therapy using Sodashi skin care products. The Emirates can be a great romantic getaway for couples; the place is so vast that you can have as much privacy as you need, but it also caters very well for kids with a supervised kid’s club with various activities for them, including educational ones where they can learn about nature and conservation alongside bush walking, orienteering, READ MORE
- Beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area and the ancient Gondwana rainforest in New South Wales, Australia, The Tops is an award winning organic farmstay on a 2,000 acre estate. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is in the form of self contained, self catering cabins which are super comfortable and come with a full kitchen, a lounge with fireplace, bathroom with spa bath, and flat screen TV and WiFi. In the extensive grounds outside you’ll also find an outdoor swimming pool and a tennis court. The food here is another big attraction, with most of the ingredients coming direct from the farm or from other local organic farms, and they specialize in a variety of Sri-Lankan curries as well as other more mainstream Aussie food. Vegetarians will be well taken care of too, as will anyone with other dietary restrictions. It’s open for breakfast 7 days a week and for dinner on Wednesday to Saturdays. There’s a nice lounge area too at the main farmhouse with comfortable couches around an open fire and guests can play snooker, pool and table tennis or sample some of The Tops’ full range of Rosnay organic wines, Cooper ales and various home made organic juices. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Their huge farm, all two thousand acres of it, is home to cows, goats, horses, geese, ducks and hens as well as numerous native wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, platypus, potoroos and rare white tailed eagles. Running through the farm there is two miles of the Dilgry River, well known as one of the cleanest in Australia, and a great fishing river. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is 2 hours from Newcastle and 3 and a half hours from Sydney, while the town of Gloucester is about 45 minutes away. As mentioned before it is in an enviable setting; right beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area with the ancient Gondwana Rainforest surrounding it. Trips around, and tours of, the surrounding area can be organized at the farmhouse where you’ll find plenty of opportunity for fishing, horse riding, kayaking and mountain bike riding. WHAT READ MORE