No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best child friendly/family friendly agriturismo farm stays, ranch stays & vineyard hotels in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France in 2022! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Their fantastic food deserves a special mention too, with much of the fruit, vegetables and herbs involved coming from the adjoining organic gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of rooms and suites with the larger suites being able to sleep up to four people, and a self catering apartment which has two bedrooms (one double & one twin), two bathrooms, a lounge and a kitchenette. (Check the booking page here) All the accommodation options are super comfortable and clean and with the same old world elegance you’ll find all around the property. The facilities are modern though; all come with air con, flat screen TV, WiFi and Nespresso coffee makers for example. The outside space is centered around the swimming pool and lawns where you’ll also find a hot tub and lots of seating and sun bathing space. There are tennis courts on the property too and also the organic gardens where the farm owners grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs. All around the 75 acre property there is plenty of space to wander in peace among the lavender plants, olive, cypress and pine trees, and you can also hire bikes for free from the farmhouse. They have a very fine restaurant at Le Mas de la Rose which is quite highly regarded in Provence and where you can sample some beautiful fresh food, prepared and presented with style and using local, seasonal ingredients as much as possible. Breakfast (though not included in the room rate) lunch and dinner are available and will certainly not disappoint. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Le Mas de la Rose sits just below the lovely town of Cavaillon, with the hugely historic city of Avignon just 30km to READ MORE
- Domaine de Piégros is a beautifully peaceful agritourism estate in a secluded location near Aix-en-Provence. It is in the heart of the Luberon National Park and its famous lavender fields and the farmhouse itself is surrounded by its own lavender fields as well as woodlands, a lake and a full 85 acres of olive groves producing extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is a six bedroom self catering farmhouse gite with a huge amount of space inside and out. It is a traditional farmhouse that has been recently renovated and has a full range of modern conveniences, while also managing to maintain plenty of rural French charm. As well as the six bedrooms (5 doubles and a twin room) there is a large, very well equipped kitchen and two dining areas. There’s also a spacious lounge area and a 250 sq. meter stone terrace outside with seating and dining furniture. A few steps away from the house you’ll also find a nice outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers. There is also a lake in the grounds, a boules pitch, and, as mentioned before, acres of olive groves, lavender fields and woods to explore. It is a working farm but outside of olive harvest time (September to November) the work is fairly low key and you can have as much or as little interaction with the farm work as you wish. THE LOCATION: For visitors looking for a rural retreat in Provence this location is almost unbeatable. The farmhouse is inside the Luberon National Park, possibly Provence’s most serene rural area (you can read about the area and its famous lavender fields here), and to make it even more serene it has its own, nearly two kilometer private road leading up to the gite. It therefore offers lots of privacy and is beautifully quiet throughout the day and night. The medieval village of Grambois is just 5km away. It is a classic Provençal commune that, as well as being a very lovely place to stroll around, has shops, cafes and restaurants and sees a steady trickle of tourists throughout the year. The famously cultured city of Aix-en-Provence meanwhile is READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top of the range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, sound proofing and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra € 21 charge), but for self caterers they also have a nice two bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas and of course their two restaurants: Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le Champ des Lunes, which won a Michelin star for its classic French & Provençal cuisine, and more casual dining at the La Cuisine d’Amélie. The restaurants are open to the public and though hotel guests will have some priority it’s generally wise to make a reservation or reservations a few days in advance especially in the summer and especially at Le Champ. The grounds of Domaine de Fontenille are equally impressive, with a full 86 acres of mostly landscaped gardens READ MORE
- In a tastefully restored 17th century manor farmhouse, Bastide de Mazan offers opulence, beauty and luxury in the heart of Provence, France. It is near the lovely town of Valensole and the spectacular Verdon River Gorge, and it can also be an excellent base for exploring the iconic lavender fields of Luberon. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a selection of B&B rooms ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are top hotel standard, smart and cosy, but with some maybe divisive touches of retro chic. The quadruple is the best of all, with a cute little upstairs annex and a very nice private terrace outside. The farmhouse itself is a grand old stone building typical of old Provence and the exteriors have some lovely gardens to explore with lots of artistic flourishes, a pond and a chlorine free swimming pool, and there is plenty of space for lounging, sitting or dining. There is a restaurant and bar at the farm stay, the food and wine are extremely good and the service impeccable. You can start the day with a very fine gourmet breakfast and the evening meals are equally inviting. Much of the ingredients come fresh from the gardens outside; vegetables and various herbs and spices are grown all around. THE LOCATION: Though the hotel will generally be busy enough, the setting of Bastide de Mazan, about an hour north east of Aix-en-Provence, is isolated and peaceful, and it can really make a nice break from some of the touristic villages of Provence, especially in summer. Though the lovely town of Valensole just 10km away is quite popular with tourists. The Bastide makes a great base for exploring the beautiful Verdon Natural Park and the famous Gorge of the same name, which is about 30km away, around Lac de Saint Croix to the east. Heading west you can be in the Luberon Natural Park, famous for its lavender fields, in about a half an hour. Though, in season, you’ll find these iconic lavender, and sunflower, fields all around the region, and in the immediate area around the Bastide de Mazan, without ever having to look too hard. The nearest airports READ MORE
- A little piece of paradise in Provence; Le Hameau de Pichovet gîte is the ultimate place to experience the beauty and tranquility of this iconic region of France. It has self catering apartments in a lovingly restored old farmhouse surrounded by fields of lavender and sunflower and is the kind of place you will really not want to leave. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five self catering units in total, to sleep up to eight people each. The property itself is gorgeous; it dates back to 1897 but has been beautifully restored in recent years, and its modern comforts and minimalist decor blend nicely with the traditional Provençal farmhouse feel. All the accommodation is spacious and super clean with good size lounges and practical kitchens. The outside space is a real highlight though, with lovely gardens overlooking the peaceful valley below. There is plenty of space to sit and dine outside as well as barbecue facilities, sun loungers and two swimming pools. The place is surrounded the classic Provence lavender and sunflower fields and though the gîte itself doesn’t harvest its own lavender they keep bees and make a nice line of lavender honey. The accommodation is all self catering but the friendly owners are always around and for an extra fee they can prepare a very nice breakfast basket for you and some equally good evening meals too. THE LOCATION: Though Provence is full of the promise of rural idyll many parts of it can be a little busy with tourists, especially over the summer. But not around here; Le Hameau de Pichovet is in a relatively undiscovered corner of Provence and is a really superb place to get away from it all. It is about 70km north of Aix-en-Provence, just east of the famous Luberon National Park and around 30km from the town of Apt. The nearest village is Vachères, 3km away, which is a cute sleepy little place that has a grocery store where you can stock up on necessities. For more extensive shopping, dining and drinking you can head to the larger town of Celeste about twenty minutes drive away. All around the gîte the countryside is serene and very READ MORE
- Le Mas de Peint has luxury farmhouse hotel accommodation hidden away in the wild Camargue region of southern Provence, between Marseille and Montpellier, and near to both Arles and Aix-en-Provence. The estate is huge, there is a full 1250 acres of it to explore and can done on horseback. They keep a number of those iconic Camargue Horses at Le Mas de Peint and horse riding tours can be arranged, as can 4WD and mountain bike tours. The gardens are beautifully kept too with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of areas to relax. Beyond both the gardens and the farm you are in the middle of some beautifully natural countryside with wild flamingos to be seen among the salt marshes, rice fields and hidden beaches. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 13 luxury double rooms and suites that are tastefully and carefully designed in traditional style; where antique furniture and wood beamed ceilings sit easily with modern comforts and facilities. As well as the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool there is a top class restaurant at the farmhouse which serves up some extremely good authentic Provençal food, food which is accompanied by a great selection of wines. You can enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the terrace outside. The breakfast is excellent too, though sadly you need to pay extra for it, i.e. it’s not included in the room rate. The huge ranch is great for exploring. You can head out hiking or biking by yourself, mountain bikes are available for hire, as are massage services for any aching limbs afterwards, or you can join 4WD ‘Safari’ or horseback riding tours which go beyond the farm and deep into the Camargue. The horses on the estate, the famous white Camargue Horses, are, as you probably guessed from the name, native to the area and are believed to be one of the oldest species of horse in the world. You will also see herds of wild horses on your travels in the area. THE LOCATION: Between the cities of Montpellier and Marseille where the River Rhone meets the Mediterranean, lies the Camargue, a vast area READ MORE
- La Ferme D’Augustin is a top quality agritourism farm stay hotel right on the French Riviera. It is near Saint Tropez and even nearer the famously beautiful, five kilometer long, Tahiti beach at Pampelonne Bay. It makes for a thoroughly relaxing stay in the south of France and you’ll find the service top class with the food being a particular highlight. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of standard and superior B&B rooms as well as larger suites, to sleep from one to four people each. All are nicely decorated and come with en-suite bathroom, WiFi, air-conditioning, flat screen cable TV, mini-bar and room safe. Some of the larger rooms and suites also come with various extras such as whirlpool jacuzzi baths, hammam type showers and private terraces or balconies. The largest suite of all; the top floor superior suite, also has a tremendous views over Pampelonne Bay from its private terrace. The grounds are beautiful too; with well tended gardens filled with various flowers and plants and an outdoor swimming pool. The pool is a balneo spa type pool; it’s good for swimming but also includes features such as hydromassage jet streams, shower cascades and various jacuzzi effects. It has a glass cover too and is kept at a constant 28 degrees centigrade year round. There is a homely lounge area at the farmhouse with an open fire and comfortable sofas, and they have a terrific onsite bar and restaurant; La Table d’Augustin. The head chef is a Provence native and an enthusiastic exponent of using fresh local, seasonal, produce as much as possible in his highly rated dishes. They are always happy to cater for dietary restrictions too, and the wine on offer is, as you might probably expect, consistently excellent. Much of the ingredients used in the meals are grown on the farm itself. They have a range of vegetable and herb gardens, and fruit orchards, to supply the restaurant and they also produce some very good home made jams, particularly their famous watermelon jam, that you can buy to take home at the farm shop. A whole range of services are offered at the farm stay; READ MORE
- In the deeply rural east of Provence, just over 40km from Cannes and the French Riviera, La Ferme Constantin has rustic accommodation in a classic old Provençal farmhouse recently renovated by its owners. It is a tranquil, peaceful place with friendly owners and an earthy, back to nature atmosphere. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have double and twin rooms at the farmhouse, all of which are pleasant and comfortable and nicely decorated in traditional style. Check your options on the booking page here. Outside there is the terrace area where you can lounge in one of the hammocks, light a barbecue or dine al fresco, and beyond that you have the peaceful gardens and the farm to explore. The farm plays host to goats, rabbits and the family dogs, as well as vegetable gardens and fruit trees. The accommodation is B&B and you will be treated to a lovely fresh breakfast in the morning with some of the ingredients coming straight from the farm. Your friendly hosts love to cook and can also provide tasty lunches and dinners at their informal farm-to-table restaurant. Guests can also tour the farm and help out with farm tasks if they wish including collecting the ingredients for their meals. THE LOCATION: The farm is near the little town of Fayence which has come nice shops, restaurants and cafes, in the heart of rural east Provence. There is much to explore in the area and your hosts will have plenty of recommendations. There are some lovely hilltop villages nearby for example and lots of scenic hiking trails. Other outdoor activities can be arranged too such as horse riding, rowing, glider flying, fishing etc. etc. You will find lake beaches and swimming at the nearby Lake Saint-Cassien and canoeing and rafting at the gorges and canyons of Siagne, Siagnole and Endre. The Mediterranean sea and the French Riviera is just over a half an hour away by car with the city of Cannes being about 45 minutes. The nearest airport is Nice Côte d’Azur Airport around 60 km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is a place with heart and soul. You can feel that the owners do READ MORE
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5 star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of 63 different rooms and suites, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable, and with all modern facilities. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool in the lovely gardens and a very highly rated bistro restaurant serving up a range of Provençal and French specialities as well as some of the best wines in Provence. There is a spa, gym and wellness center which also has an indoor swimming pool, and massage services plus various well-being and beauty treatments are offered. You’ll find a full service of wine tourism at this vineyard hotel; educational vineyard tours, wine tasting sessions etc. are all here, and they can also arrange tours of some of the other wineries in the area as well as lavender farms and distilleries. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: La Coquillade is situated between Luberon and Ventoux in Provence with its nearest city being Avignon. The countryside in this part of France is absolutely gorgeous and very enjoyable to tour around whether by car or by bike, and the hotel has plenty of quality bikes and biking equipment that can be rented by guests. If you’re here in summer you’ll also get a chance to see the above mentioned lavender fields in full bloom. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! The pools, the views, the spa, the food, the staff – everything was excellent….” “Amazingly outstanding in everything: the reception, the rooms, the service, the perfect location in the very heart of Provence, the restaurants, the country side environment, pools, biking, jogging, spa, the excellent overgenerous breakfast. If you may – it’s the perfect stay!!!” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA COQUILLADE: READ MORE