No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best child friendly/family friendly agriturismo farm stays, ranch stays & vineyard hotels in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Hillview Farm is a fun, family friendly and pet friendly farm experience between Sydney and Melbourne, just a half an hour from Wagga Wagga NSW, and two hours from Canberra. It has a huge range of accommodation on nearly 1000 acres of farm and bushland which is home to farm animals such as alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens as well as lots of local wildlife. There is a swimming pool and tennis courts in the gardens too. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation consists of farm cottages and lodges and two glamping safari tents. Check out all your options out on the booking page here. The tents are cleverly designed as safari huts equipped with an outside veranda, and so don’t look much like tents until you get up close. The mainly wooden interiors are equally surprising; they are plush and stylish and though the tents are large they have a cosy, comfortable feel. Outside there is a veranda with table and chairs overlooking the vast farm. The self catering, self contained cottages come with either one or two double bedrooms while the lodge has four double bedrooms and can be rented out as a whole unit or by the room. All have that classic Aussie farm cottage look about them and are modern, clean, comfortable and well equipped inside. All of the accommodation is self catering, with either your own kitchen or if just renting a room; a shared kitchen, but a good breakfast is provided every morning, included in the room rate, with continental options as well as classic bacon and eggs. You can also order hearty, home-made classic meals to be cooked for you during the day, desserts, soups and salads too. They have plenty of options but request that you place your orders a few days in advance. BBQ packs, and things like wine and cheese platters can also be ordered and all the accommodation comes with barbecue facilities. The property is a mix of farmland and bushland with the farm being home to alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens and the bushland to kangaroos and lots of other native wildlife. Guests are welcome to wander around and meet some READ MORE
- 859.8 kmOn a gorgeous hilltop position in the Cilento e Vallo di Diano National Park, 30 km south of historic Agropoli, this extremely highly rated agriturismo has bright rooms in converted farm buildings, and some really stunning views across the sea. Olive oil, wine and honey are all produced on site at Agriturismo Le Agavi. The property is surrounded by vineyards and the olive groves stretch down to the coast. Mediterranean Sea views are offered by even the most simple rooms at Le Agavi and each has WiFi, flat-screen TV, minibar and private bathroom. Local products are served for breakfast, including the estate’s own honey and fruit preserves. Hydrofoils to Capri and Ischia leave from Acciaroli Harbour, 6 km away and it is a 1-hour drive to Paestum. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The best guesthouse we have ever been!:) Hosts very friendly and helpful. Beautiful view from the terrace, quiet and peaceful place. Delicious breakfast. For sure we will be back….” “I spent two nights in this villa on my way back from Calabria to Naples. The view is breathtaking and the hosts are very friendly. I will definitely come back!….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO LE AGAVI: READ MORE
- In St.Mary’s just over 20 miles from the city of London, Ontario, Canada, Transvaal farm stay offers a nice 2 bedroom self catering house on its busy working farm with goats, hens and vegetable plots. The farmhouse has a lounge with a stone fireplace, TV and WiFi, a well equipped kitchen, two bedrooms (one double and one twin) and bathroom. They make their own range of quality artisan goat’s cheese, preserves and chocolate truffles which you’re welcome to try, and to buy to take home. You can also learn how to make all of the above at the culinary workshops the owners organize for their guests, and bread and pastry making lessons too. The surrounding area is popular for cycling and you can rent bikes for free from the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Cosy interior, gas fireplace, animals! Also loved collecting eggs, and meeting the new baby goats. Owners very generously provided us with homemade goat cheese, and fresh baked goodies from their bakery. The farmhouse is clearly a labour of love for Cindy and Scott!…” “The house is impeccable and the owners are very gracious hosts who clearly wanted to ensure that anything we needed was provided to us! One of the owners of the property gave us a very informative tour of the farm and our kids were able to get their eggs from the hens in the morning. We also enjoyed seeing the goats and playing with the cats on the farm. This is a beautiful getaway and a unique experience for those of us who are city dwellers. I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay at Transvaal Farm. I would highly recommend it….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TRANSVAAL FARM: READ MORE
- On the Somerset, Dorset borders, Toomer farm has B&B rooms in its lovely, Elizabethan era, country manor house, surrounded by 500 acres of prime farmland, and an adjoining equestrian centre. The property is steeped in history; it is rumoured locally that Elizabeth I once stayed here on her travels through the West Country, it is also nearby Thomas Hardy Country, and a stay here feels something like a gentle step back in time. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of comfortable B&B rooms which have an old style elegance in keeping with the atmosphere of the property. Outside there are some lovely old walled gardens, carp ponds and a dove cote. You’ll be treated to a fine, traditional English breakfast every morning too in the dining room. The huge farm these days produces a lot of organic beef and corn. It has horse stables which also date back hundreds of years and the farm itself is sometimes used as a venue for show jumping. Guests can organize horse riding around the farm too and are welcome to bring their own horses, there is good fishing to be enjoyed in the local area and this too can be easily arranged from the farm. THE LOCATION: Toomer is just outside the cute village of Henstridge, with the nearest larger town being Sherborne, about 6 miles away. The countryside in this part of England is beautifully idyllic; classic West Country terrain of rolling green hills and sleepy villages. Blackmore Vale is a lovely place for countryside walks and very close to the farmstay. Nearby too you can find such sights as Sherborne Castle, the spectacular Longleat House and its adjoining Safari Park, plus plenty more, just ask the helpful farmstay owners for advice and recommendations. The farm stay is also near both the Dorset and Cranborne Chase Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, about 15 minutes from the town of Yeovil, about 45 minutes from Glastonbury, and about an hour from Taunton. Golfers will have a choice of four different courses in the area; at Sherborne, Wincanton Racecourse (also horse racing), Yeovil and Folke. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A perfect night’s stay. The host was READ MORE
- 731.92 kmThis friendly, very highly rated, Picardie farm stay has B&B rooms on a cattle farm just outside the medieval town of Coucy le Chateau and not far from Soissons with its famous abbey and cathedral. All the modern, immaculately clean, rooms come with en suite bathrooms including bathtub, with some rooms also having a seating area. There’s a sociable shared lounge and terrace at the farmhouse with a flat screen TV and DVD player and a well equipped children’s playground in the large gardens. And you’ll have a great breakfast served every morning, made from the best local produce including their own home produced eggs, fruit, jams and more. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely place to stop, huge garden for the kids to play in with a trampoline and a swing set, chickens, cows and fresh air. Breakfast was lovely and all home grown fruit….” “There was so much to like, from the well cared-for animals to the personal attention. Celine is a fantastic hostess and provided a fresh and homemade breakfast every morning, more food than our family of four could possibly eat. We enjoyed relaxing on the farm in the quiet village. We would highly recommend it….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AU JARDIN FLEURI: READ MORE
- Sunflowers Farm Stay has self catering cottages for rent on its 315 acre cattle farm in Margaret River, south of Perth, W.A. What really makes the place stand out though is the enormous amount, and variety, of animals it keeps on its ‘animal farm’, over 350 in total; kangaroos, rabbits, llamas, goats, pigs, ducks and plenty more. The farm allows guest loads of interaction with the animals as well as other activities such as tractor rides, egg collecting and pony trekking, and is certain to be an especially memorable holiday for kids. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is in the form of 4 one & two bedroom self catering cottages that can, with the help of some extra bunk beds, sleep up to nine people. They are basic enough inside but comfortable and clean. You will have a lounge and fully equipped kitchen at your disposal plus things like TV & DVD player, WiFi, and either air conditioning or a log fire and ceiling fans. There is also outdoor seating, BBQ facilities and a playground in the gardens. Check out your options on the booking page here. The main attraction is the farm of course and guests have a great amount of freedom to wander around the large farm and interact with the animals including feeding and petting them. What’s especially nice is that they also have an ‘orphanage’ at the farm where they adopt and care for unwanted baby animals, with, as you can imagine, much cuteness all round. THE LOCATION: Sunflowers animal farm is in the famous Margaret River wine region south of Perth WA. Though there are vineyards aplenty in this area, and many particularly along Caves Road where the farm stay is located, it is not only the wine which draws tourists to the area. Over the years Margaret River has developed a strong reputation for nature tourism, agritourism, food tourism, surfing, art & crafts, and for just generally being a lovely, chilled out place to relax and explore for a few days or weeks. You can read more about the area here. The journey from Perth should take less than three hours down the coastal State Route READ MORE
- In Bavarian Germany‘s Eggstätt-Hemhoff Lake District this beautiful family friendly farm stay offers three and four star luxury self-catering apartments, all with private bathrooms and some with beautiful mountain views. There is a buffet breakfast with delicious food straight from the working farm. Its good for kids too, there is horse riding and a small petting zoo, and all around the farmstay you’ll find plenty of opportunities for hiking and fishing in really beautiful countryside. A little farther away you’ll find skiing and and other winter sports at the Sudelfeld resort, about 60km away from the farm stay. The journey from Bavaria’s capital, Munich, will less than an hour by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The apartment was very comfortable and easy to relax in. Wimmerhof is also a farm, which means the grounds smell like a farm. However, within my apartment the only smell was cedar and whatever I was cooking. There are some great walking paths accessible from the location. Also there was a restaurant right next door, making it easy to grab some food and drink….” “The hosts create a very warm atmosphere and offer plenty of farm programs for the kids. The farm has a beautiful, well-maintained terrain and is located in the wonderfully hilly landscape of the Chiemgau with an Alpine panorama on the horizon….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FARMSTAY WIMMERHOF: READ MORE
- Kimaro Farm, near Colmery has luxury glamping safari tents, for up to six people, hidden away in some of Burgundy, France’s loveliest countryside. The tents are spacious and well equipped, and all come with a small kitchen, bathroom and heating. The farmland around is completely idyllic; with woodland, meadow fields and orchards where a great assortment of things are grown; pears, plums, cherries, grapes, figs, hazelnuts, blackberries, raspberries and more. Guests can collect fresh eggs from the hen house for breakfast every morning and spend their days wandering through the meadows and the forests or just lazing with a picnic by the lake. THE ACCOMMODATION: In the meadow fields with plenty of privacy are the wooden framed, colonial style, safari tents. They have one four poster double bed, one standard double bed, two bunk beds, seating, a kitchen and dining table, a bathroom, and heating in the form of a gas stove. There is also a romantic old style claw foot bathtub in the tent and outside there is a swinging couch on the private veranda which also has space for lounging and dining. As mentioned, the accommodation has a kitchen and so is self catering but if you want to really relax, the friendly owners can sometimes cook meals for you, and can also recommend some good local restaurants and cafes. In peak season, i.e. July & August, there is a minimum stay of seven nights (Saturday to Saturday) with a minimum stay of 2 nights the rest of the year. THE LOCATION: Just outside the little town of Colmery in the Nièvre department of Burgundy, Kimaro is as idyllically peaceful and rural a place as you can ever imagine. There is much farmland around here, and vineyards too of course, but also much woodland. Burgundy in general is one of the most highly wooded regions in the country with an estimated 30% of its area covered in trees. Thus it has a slightly wilder feel than most of France’s other agricultural regions, and is also very rich in native wildlife. There is a large forest just beside the farm in fact with hiking trails running through it and much READ MORE
- In the village of Swanton Morley, just a half an hour from Norwich city in the beautiful countryside of Norfolk, Hunter’s Hall farm stay is a working farm that offers very high quality B&B and self-catering accommodation. There is a holiday home on the farm with a full kitchen and lounge including flat screen TV and WiFi, and a nice outdoor terrace. And separately they have a selection of B&B rooms, some with en suite bathroom and all with flat screen TV, WiFi and tea/coffee facilities. The surrounding area is great for exploring, with plenty of opportunities for bird watching, fishing, golfing and boating. Just ask at the farm for advice. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Fabulous. Beautiful setting. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely room and breakfast. I would definitely recommend….” “The beds are superb and it was really peaceful and quiet. The owners are very nice and friendly and went out of there way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. if I ever travel back down i would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended from me….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT HUNTER’S HALL: READ MORE
- A family friendly, organic, permaculture farmstay in Margaret River, Western Australia, Burnside Organic Farm is a busy place with a vineyard & winery, vegetable & fruit gardens, plus farm animals including pigs, geese and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their solar powered, self catering bungalows are a mixture of one and two bedrooms that can host up to five people. All of them have a full kitchen, a lounge with flat-screen TV with DVD player, laundry facilities and some bungalows have a spa bath. Outside there is plenty of space to dine or just to relax, with some hammocks, swings, seating and barbecues. Note: Free WiFi is available in the main building but not in the bungalows. THE FARM: The farm is certified organic and biodynamic, and is mainly occupied with the production of wine and avocados. There is a winery at the farm stay too and guests can take a tour and learn a little about the making of its very good organic wines; zinfandel and vermentino, red and white. They also have some beehives at the farm, olive groves, and orchards of citrus fruit and apples. The animals include pigs, hens and geese and guests are free to interact with and feed them and are also welcome to take some of the great range of vegetables and herbs from the garden for cooking with. The friendly owners are generally on hand to advise on the best things to pick in season and they can give some cooking tips too. THE LOCATION: For those of you not familiar with the Margaret River, it is one of Australia’s best regions for rural tourism, stretching out over 100 square miles its centrepoint is the town of Margaret River itself, a lovely relaxed town which has a strong surfing culture but also lot of great restaurants, art galleries, craft shops and cafes. There are many wineries in the region, Burnside Farm included, and consistently makes some of Australia’s best wines. The farm stay is right beside the Keenan State Forest, which is a wonderful place for hiking and wildlife spotting. It’s about 10 minutes by car from Surfers Point, and all that beautiful coastline, READ MORE
- Minimbah is a lovely, very family friendly, Kangaroo Valley retreat with three spacious self catering cottages on its 150 acre working farm, which is surrounded by rainforest and has a number of friendly animals including cows, goats, alpacas, sheep and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is one 6 bedroom cottage, one three bedroom and one two bedroom cottage to choose from. All of which are spacious, comfortable and well equipped, and with the help of some sofa beds and bunk beds have a maximum occupancy of 16, 11 and 8 respectively. Check them all out on the booking page here. They lie on one side of the farm, roughly 80 metres from each other, but are nicely set to ensure enough privacy for each. There is much to see and do around the farm, especially, but certainly not exclusively, for kids, though they do have a ‘kid’s fort’ playground with plenty of fun games to keep them occupied. Guests are free to wander the farm as they please and help feed the friendly alpacas and goats, collect eggs, paddle in the creek, have a picnic or go wildlife spotting where, with a bit of patience, you can see a remarkable amount of wildlife; kookaburras, lyre birds, wedge tailed eagles, echidnas, kangaroos, wombats and more. Note: there is no WiFi. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Minimbah Farm is just a kilometre and a half from the quaint Kangaroo Valley village, which makes for a pleasant walk through some lovely verdant countryside. There you’ll find some nice cafes, restaurants and shops and from where you can organize all sorts of the outdoor activities which are a typical feature of a holiday in Kangaroo Valley; boat trips down the river, hot air ballooning, horse riding, visits to wineries etc. You are also close to NSW’s south coast and some great beaches, with Shoalhaven Heads (half an hour) and Jervis Bay (one hour) within driving distance. The journey from Sydney should take less than two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Our kids, ages ranging from 2-7 had the most amazing time READ MORE
- Straw Lodge is a very highly rated boutique vineyard hotel near Blenheim, at the gateway to South Island NZ’s Marlborough/Wairau Valley Wine Region. Their accommodation is in the form of luxury B&B lodges housed in a rather special, and eco friendly, straw bale building overlooking their Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc producing vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: The lodges are spacious, comfortable with quality finishings and custom designed furniture. There is a good size lounge/seating area with a sofa/sofa-bed, study desk, flat screen satellite TV and DVD player in each lodge, and outside you’ll find a nice courtyard with seating and views over the vineyards. There will be a barbecue at your disposal too and, even better, an lovely outdoor hot tub-jacuzzi. There is a comfortable communal lounge at the main building too with a selection of DVDs and books. The breakfast here is top class, generous and fresh, and if it inspires you to do some cooking yourself later in the day you are more than welcome to use some of the kitchen facilities. If you need some extra ingredients there is a fruit and vegetable garden outside from where you are welcome to pick you own. You can also of course sample some of the vineyard’s excellent wine; guests are gifted a bottle on arrival and you’ll find your hosts are always happy to explain a bit about wine making and the workings of a Marlborough vineyard. The whole property makes an effort to be as eco friendly as possible and, according to the owners, though not strictly organic, their vineyards and their fruit and vegetable gardens receive only the absolute minimum of chemical treatments. THE LOCATION: A real highlight of South Island NZ, Marlborough is undoubtedly the country’s premier wine region, and has an international reputation. It is also, naturally enough, a centre of wine tourism. Most of Marlborough’s wineries are open to the public where you can enjoy vineyard tours and wine tasting sessions. An increasing number will also have restaurants at the wineries; Marlborough is progressing strongly in food tourism too and you’ll standards very high. The surrounding countryside isn’t all vineyards of course just to the north READ MORE
- 294.9 kmFarmstay Palazzetto Ardi has top quality, pet-friendly accommodation in Torri di Confine, between Vicenza and Verona in the Veneto region of Italy. They have their own restaurant serving the finest local food, with some of it coming from the farm’s own organic vegetable plots, vineyards and orchard groves. They have a small farm shop too so you can buy some of their various organic produce to take home, which include extra virgin olive oil and a range of organic wines, jams, tomato sauce, pickles and liqueurs. And to really take the experience home you can arrange cooking classes during your stay and learn some fabulous local recipes from the farm’s resident chef. All their rooms have a flat screen TV and WiFi throughout, and come with views of the garden or the surrounding mountains and some come with a seating area. They have plenty of nice outdoor space too, with a swimming pool in the garden, and the surrounding area is great for exploring, with hiking, cycling and golfing popular nearby (Free bicycle rental at the farm). WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A wonderful experience. The hospitality was just amazing. Carlo and Micheala were just wonderful, they couldn’t do enough. An amazing place to stay, eat, drink and make new friends. We would love to go back and would recommend a stay….” “Everything! Carlo & Micheala are wonderful and make you feel at home and very welcomed. We loved that everything eaten is from an organic source and farming. Micheala is a wonderful chef and meals are exceptional. Homemade organic wines are spectacular! 🙂 A must stay place….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO PALAZZETTO ARDI: READ MORE
- Feriengut Unterhochstätt is a top quality alpine chalet farm stay with spa just outside Schwendt in the beautiful Tyrol region of Austria and makes for a particularly good farm holiday for families. THE ACCOMMODATION: The suites are spacious and luxurious and as well as the spa bath, some also contain an open fireplace in the lounge area. Their rooms, though less spacious and without some of the perks, are still also of the standard of any quality hotel. All their units, both rooms and suites, have balconies, with nice views over the surrounding countryside, flat screen cable TV and WiFi. There is a children’s playground in the gardens outside, and a swimming pond, while adults can play, amongst other things, table tennis and darts. There is a restaurant and bar here too serving some really great Tyrollean and Austrian food and drink, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from their organic farm, including beef and pork, sausages and eggs. There is a spa and wellness centre at the farm stay too. They have a steam bath, Finnish sauna, solarium and fitness room amongst other things and all their suites come with their own private whirlpool bathtubs. The organic farm is home to a number of the famous highland cattle as well as pigs and hens, and all the guests are welcome to explore, meet the animals and to join in feeding and other daily tasks. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farmstay is great for hiking, cycling and horse riding, all of which can be arranged by the friendly farm owners, with horses and bicycles, including electric bikes for hire. You’ll be close to the Zahmer Kaiser Walchsee and Hochkössen ski centres and there’s a free bus stop and even a cross country ski run right outside the door. It is also close to the German border with the slopes of Geigelstein mountain in Bavaria only about 30km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “An idyllic setting with ample opportunity for outdoor activity. The staff are friendly and eager to helo. Meals are hearty German/Austrian fare and certainly would be hard to go hungry. The included breakfast is excellent. Perfect for READ MORE
- This small, eco-friendly farm stay, just outside the town of Cambridge, New Zealand and only 15 minutes drive from Hamilton Airport, has very comfortable self-catering villas on a working organic farm. All of their quite luxurious accommodation includes a kitchen, private bathroom, a flat-screen TV with DVD player, under-floor heating, iPod docking station and free WiFi throughout. They serve a very good organic breakfast with fruit, honey, eggs and milk straight from the farm. The surrounding area is famously great for outdoor adventures and guests can borrow their bikes and kayaks for free. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location and loved the cottage. Amazing decor, comfort, setting and surroundings – super special place to stay….” “The décor was tasteful, comfortable and romantic and the setting was quiet and private. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was delicious, homemade and healthy. A lovely revitalizing retreat….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT EARTHSTEAD VILLAS: READ MORE
- Just a short drive from the city of Alghero and the Costa Smeralda, Sardinia, Agriturismo Il Podere Di Monte Sixeri has stylish cottage and villa accommodation on its 60 acre working farm which produces, amongst other things, classic San Giuliano extra virgin olive oil and keeps animals including donkeys, hens, pigs and horses. Though very near the city the location is blissfully rural and peaceful and the views over the surrounding countryside, and of Alghero itself, are beautiful. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a huge range of self catering accommodation to choose from studio apartments to four bedroom villas which can sleep up to nine people comfortably. All of them are rustic and traditional in style, having been converted from various old farm buildings on the estate, but they lack nothing in terms of comfort or modern necessities. Even the smallest studio has plenty of space and facilities including at least a well equipped kitchenette, a flat screen TV and a washing machine for example, and all have at least some outdoor space; a balcony or private terrace. Out in the gardens there is loads of space to enjoy with three swimming pools with hydromassage, two children’s playgrounds, and plenty of deck chairs and sun loungers etc. The estate has a nice hillside location and there are hiking trails around that lead higher into the hills that offer even better views than from the farm. Horse riding trips and mountain biking around the local area can also be arranged. You are also welcome to visit the farm of course where you can meet the animals, and take part in guided tours from the ever helpful and hospitable staff and owners who can show you what goes into making their classic San Giuliano olive oil and olive oil paste. The accommodation is self catering and there is a good supermarket just 2km down the road from where you can get supplies and you can collect basic supplies from reception too, some lovely fresh home made bread for example. And as you drive the road between the agriturismo and Alghero you’ll also find quite a few local farmer’s stalls where you can buy quality fresh READ MORE