No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best child friendly/family friendly agriturismo farm stays, ranch stays & vineyard hotels in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Cold Moon Farmstay has comfortable B&B rooms on its 25 acre child friendly family farm, just 3 miles from the Stratton Ski Resort, and less than 20 from the town of Manchester in the beautifully rural south of Vermont, USA. The Accommodation: There are five rooms and suites to choose from, with the largest of the the suites sleeping up to five people. They are all spacious, clean and comfortable with a homely, old style, charm. There is a sociable common lounge at the farmhouse with an open fireplace, TV and various board games, and also a well stocked library, a small gym and a billiards room. Outside in the gardens you’ll find a dining area with an outdoor fireplace and an 8 person hot tub. The food is particularly good at Cold Moon, their breakfast is legendary and they serve up very good, wholesome, evening meals for their guests too, using, much as possible, ingredients from their own farm. The Farm: The farm is only 25 acres but has a lot going on. There are over 20 goats there, plus pigs, ducks sheep, hens, vegetable gardens and a beehive. Guests are welcome to have a look around, all the animals are friendly and tame and used to interacting with both adults and children. Guests can also join in some of the daily farm chores if they like, like collecting eggs for the breakfast etc. They produce a lot of good fresh food at the farm which you can buy to take home at the farm store. Lots of duck and hen eggs, chicken and pork, sausages, various freshly baked breads, seasonal vegetables & herbs, jams, jellies and plenty more. The READ MORE
- Casa Lata Agroturismo is a very popular farm stay/vineyard hotel stay near Braga, Portugal in the heart of the Vinho Verde wine region, with a mixture of rooms in its plush farmhouse surrounded by olive groves, orange trees and grape vines. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their comfortable, hotel standard, rooms come with flat screen TV and private bathroom, and they also have a sociable dining area and lounge at the property as well as an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens. THE WINE: The main attraction here seems to be the wine though and the owners are always happy to show guests around, teach them about the wine making processes and of course take part in wine tasting sessions. At the moment they produce red and white wines under the Terras de Amares brand with its white Loureiro being a particular favourite. THE LOCATION: The Vinho Verde region of Portugal, up in the north near the border with Galicia, Spain, is the country’s largest wine growing region and has been producing wine for at least two thousand years. Most visitors to the area will have an interest in wine though in itself the region is pleasant to travel around; classic Northern Portuguese terrain with fertile, green hills all around, meandering rivers and gentle sloping valleys. You’ll find the area around Casa Lata Agroturismo less touristic than the Douro Valley to the south, the majority of the wineries here are small scale family affairs but some of them do offer visits and tours. The owners at Casa Lata Agroturismo are always happy to advise on other vineyards to visit as well as their own. Nearby towns of note include historic Guimarães, with its READ MORE
- La Meridiana is a top quality agriturismo resort conveniently near to the city of Rome, and to both of its airports; Ciampino & Leonardo da Vinci. The building is a classic, rustic, Italian farmhouse with ivy covered walls, and though updated for the modern age it still retains a lovely traditional feel. The grounds are lovely too with large, beautifully tended gardens & lawns, an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts and the farm’s own vineyards, vegetable gardens, citrus and olive groves from which they make, amongst other things, their own wine, and olive oil. Last but not least they have an excellent restaurant here which serves up some lavish traditional meals with much of the ingredients being home grown. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their hotel standard rooms all have WiFi, air-con, mini bar and en-suite bathroom and all are nicely decorated in traditional Italian farmhouse style with some nice quirky little touches here and there. The large grounds are a highlight at this agriturismo, you can spend all day wandering around the gardens and farm, relaxing on the lawns, having a dip in pool or enjoying a game of tennis. Kids can also be suitably entertained at their, well more than average, children’s playground. As mentioned above the food here is excellent, breakfast to begin with (all the rooms are B&B), and some long, leisurely, evening meals where you can also sample some of their own wine. THE LOCATION: For visitors coming from, or to going to, Rome La Meridiana can be a very nice introduction to the Italian agriturimso concept and is an oasis of calm compared to the bustle of the country’s capital city. It is less than an hour READ MORE
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathroom and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of place to relax looking out on to the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4 course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you READ MORE
- In the heart of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains, Valle Crucis, North Carolina, this self-catering farmstay has very cute, old style wooden cabins in a woodland area perfect for hiking and horseback riding, with sledding and water tubing also possible within season. Each cabin is well heated and has a seating area with a sofa, a kitchenette, a full bathroom, an outdoor terrace/porch area, cable TV and WiFi throughout. The cabins are just about 10 minutes’ walk to Valle Crucis town centre and about 8km from the Foggy Mountain Gem Mine, with the Blue Ridge Parkway scenic highway also just a short drive away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful cabin. Very clean and cozy. The owners were very kind and welcoming. They clearly thought of every little detail to make the cabin as comfortable as possible. Would definitely recommend! Also: have dinner at Over Yonder just a few minutes away. Amazing food!…” “The cabin was so cute. Very clean and comfortable Bed was comfortable. The decor was really nice. Everything you need for a couple of nights. The owner helped us with our bags to the cabin. And is really quiet and relaxing….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT VALLE CRUCIS FARM: READ MORE
- On a small farm near Pickering, North Yorkshire, U.K, this popular family run farmstay has a great selection of stylish B&B rooms in an 18th century farmhouse plus self catering cabins. They serve a great English breakfast with some of the finest local ingredients, including free-range eggs direct from their own farm, which guests are free to explore. All their rooms and cabins are clean, spacious and comfortable and come with en suite bathroom, seating area, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities and flat-screen TV and DVD player while the cabins come with all the above plus a kitchen. There is a very nice garden at the property too with outside furniture and an extensive children’s playground. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely fabulous and look forward to staying again. The accommodation and surrounding area were fabulous . Beautiful lodge set on the lake. Very clean , luxurious interior and facilities. We were disappointed we weren’t staying longer….” “Lovely just lovely perfect for families with children, or a romantic get away. Close to all shops/amenities yet secluded. Would definitely recommend to anyone….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BARKER STAKES FARM: READ MORE
- Near the town of Muro Leccese, Puglia, Italy and about an hour from Brindisi airport, this very popular agriturismo farm stay has a range of B&B and self catering accommodation in an 18th century farmhouse surrounded by an olive oil and corn producing farm. All their apartments and studios are spacious, clean and comfortable with private bathroom, WiFi, flat screen TV and kitchenette, and outside guests can relax in the well kept gardens which has a swimming pool and a large outdoor dining area. They have a full restaurant on site with a choice of traditional local dishes, and the food is truly superb. They also offer cooking lessons for guests, as well as horse riding excursions, bicycle hire and swimming lessons. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely warm welcome, very friendly staff, excellent food, very relaxing and stunning setting. Great pool too. Lots of excellent beaches and gorgeous towns to visit within a short drive….” “A delightful oasis with spectacular pool and friendly staff- home away from home!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TENUTA SANT ANDREA: READ MORE
- Burren Glamping has room for up to 6 in a creatively converted horse trailer on an organic farm near the Cliffs of Moher, Co.Clare, Ireland. Cleverly laid out, the glamping is surprisingly spacious and comfortable, and it gets heated nicely with the wood burning stove. Kids will especially enjoy the experience as well as the chance to roam the farm and interact the animals which include saddleback pigs, donkeys, beef cattle, hens and ducks. THE ACCOMMODATION: Converting a horse truck into living accommodation is not an easy or obvious thing to do but they have done it with style. There are two double beds plus a sofa that can be converted into two single beds at night time. It’s perfectly warm with the wood burning stove while also being fully insulated. There is a good bathroom too with an electric shower, and there is WiFi throughout. Outside the truck there is nice little balcony type seating area plus down the steps a patio area with even more seating. There is also a barbecue at the farmhouse which you are free to use. You don’t have much of a kitchen there, just a kettle, a sink and toaster, but the friendly owners serve you up a terrific traditional breakfast in the morning using their own free range eggs and pork. THE FARM: At the farm there is a small herd of beef cattle, a pair of donkeys, Saddleback pigs, some hens and ducks, all free range of course and from where, as mentioned, you get most of your breakfast from. There is also a poly-tunnel at the farm where they grow various fruits and vegetables and the whole place is organic READ MORE
- A little piece of paradise in Provence; Le Hameau de Pichovet gîte is the ultimate place to experience the beauty and tranquility of this iconic region of France. It has self catering apartments in a lovingly restored old farmhouse surrounded by fields of lavender and sunflower and is the kind of place you will really not want to leave. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five self catering units in total, to sleep up to eight people each. The property itself is gorgeous; it dates back to 1897 but has been beautifully restored in recent years, and its modern comforts and minimalist decor blend nicely with the traditional Provençal farmhouse feel. All the accommodation is spacious and super clean with good size lounges and practical kitchens. The outside space is a real highlight though, with lovely gardens overlooking the peaceful valley below. There is plenty of space to sit and dine outside as well as barbecue facilities, sun loungers and two swimming pools. The place is surrounded the classic Provence lavender and sunflower fields and though the gîte itself doesn’t harvest its own lavender they keep bees and make a nice line of lavender honey. The accommodation is all self catering but the friendly owners are always around and for an extra fee they can prepare a very nice breakfast basket for you and some equally good evening meals too. THE LOCATION: Though Provence is full of the promise of rural idyll many parts of it can be a little busy with tourists, especially over the summer. But not around here; Le Hameau de Pichovet is in a relatively undiscovered corner of Provence and is a really superb place to get away from it all. READ MORE
- Tenuta Monticelli is a highly rated farm stay near Galipoli and Lecce, Puglia, Italy that offers peace and relaxation in abundance. The farm grows vegetables, spices, olives, figs and wheat, which the guests are welcome to sample and the friendly owners serve a great breakfast of locally produced organic food each morning. All of their modern, stylish rooms are super comfortable and clean, and come with private bathroom, WiFi and flat screen satellite TV. There is a shared lounge at the agriturismo and plenty of nice outdoor space to relax in with a swimming pool and a hot tub. You can organize car and bike hire direct from the farm for exploring the surrounding countryside, which also has plenty of opportunities for swimming, horse riding and hiking. The nearest airport is Brindisi Salento Airport, about 70km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Best service we have had in 6 hotels during our time in Puglia. Absolutely first class….” “The property itself is just beautiful, set in glorious olive groves, with a wonderfully large & very clean pool. The rooms were well set out, with plenty of space & the property was nice and quiet in the countryside (just outside of a small town). The property has a beautiful view of the coastline. Baia Verde (the stunning beach) and beautiful old towns like Gallipoli are easy drives from the property….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO TENUTA MONTICELLI: READ MORE
- This Cingjing farm stay has an ideal location near to the famous Cinjing farm, and has absolutely superb views over some of Taiwan’s most beautiful countryside. The accommodation, the food and the service are also top quality and it is very much a top choice for tourists on their way to visit Cinjing Farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is in the form of European style wooden chalets or cottages, and they have a great choice of B&B rooms and suites to sleep up to 8 people. All of them have plenty of space, are clean and comfortable and also come with a seating area and cable TV. Best of all though they all come with balconies from where to enjoy those fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. All the rooms come with breakfast included and there is a restaurant onsite serving other excellent meals throughout the day, including vegetarian and dietary restricted choices. There is lots of outside space too to be explored, flower gardens and lawns with barbecue facilities, as well as organic vegetable gardens and orchard trees, from where the chefs get some of the ingredients for their great food. THE LOCATION: The location is superb, very near the famous tourist attraction of Cingjing Farm, less than 10 minutes drive in fact and there is a bus stop just down the road from the farm stay that leads directly there. Another tourist attraction, the Small Swiss Garden, is also close by; just five minute’s drive. The entire Cingjing region of central Taiwan is truly spectacular with some fantastic mountain scenery to be enjoyed. They have a tour desk at the farmstay from where you can arrange car hire, and READ MORE
- Near Cessnock, and the heart of Hunter Valley, Emma’s Cottage Vineyard is well known among wine lovers. It has been producing premium boutique wines from seven different varieties of hand picked grapes since 1989 and offers a full compliment of wine tourism activities. It is also perfectly located to visit the many other vineyards and cellar doors that dot this part of Hunter. Their accommodation is also of the highest quality though and so even if, like many people, you have no interest in wine, the calm, healing atmosphere make it a great place to de-stress for pretty much anyone. They also have a highly rated restaurant, Restaurant Trey, an on-site art gallery hosting regular exhibitions and an outdoor seasonal swimming pool. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of two, three and four bedroom private cottages to sleep up to a maximum of eight. All are modern, spacious and very comfortable with fully equipped kitchens, large living and dining rooms with large flat screen TV, cosy log fire, air con, music dock, as well as furnished outdoor space with gas BBQ facilities. Check your options out on the booking page here. Note: no Wifi available. THE LOCATION: In Lovedale, just off the Wine Country Drive, a few minutes north from Cessnock, Emma’s is surrounded by boutique wineries and cellar doors just like its own and is a great place to base yourself for tours of one of Australia’s premier wine making regions. If you have an interest in the history of this iconic area you may be interested to know that there is a heritage listed, 19th century era cemetery on the Emma’s Vineyard property, one which contains many big READ MORE
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5 star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of 63 different rooms and suites, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable, and with all modern facilities. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool in the lovely gardens and a very highly rated bistro restaurant serving up a range of Provençal and French specialities as well as some of the best wines in Provence. There is a spa, gym and wellness center which also has an indoor swimming pool, and massage services plus various well-being and beauty treatments are offered. You’ll find a full service of wine tourism at this vineyard hotel; educational vineyard tours, wine tasting sessions etc. are all here, and they can also arrange tours of some of the other wineries in the area as well as lavender farms and distilleries. THE LOCATION: La Coquillade is situated between Luberon and Ventoux in Provence with its nearest city being Avignon. The countryside in this part of France is absolutely gorgeous and very enjoyable to tour around whether by car or by bike, and the hotel has plenty of quality bikes and biking equipment that can be rented by guests. If you’re here in summer you’ll also get a chance to see the above mentioned lavender fields in full bloom. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! The pools, the views, the spa, the food, the staff – everything READ MORE
- Glen Valley Farmhouse is a very homely, family run B&B near the picturesque village of Leenaun/Leenane, Connemara, County Galway. They keep sheep and Connemara ponies on their large farm which guests are free to roam around and, being surrounded by the 12 Bens and the Maam Turk mountain ranges, it also makes an ideal base for exploring some of Ireland’s most iconic scenery. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have cosy and clean en-suite B&B rooms, doubles and twins, each of which has lovely views of the surrounding countryside. You’ll be served a a fine breakfast in the morning with things like pancakes, bacon, salmon, homemade bread and scrambled eggs from the farm’s free range hens. The owners are very friendly and hospitable and you can socialise with them and the other guests around the fireplace in the guest lounge and, when the weather is good, you can also hang out in the gardens from where the views are of course beautiful. THE LOCATION: This part of Connemara particularly is full of wild scenery and is a tremendous place for hill walkers. The 12 Bens and Maam Turk ranges surround the farm and Ireland’s only fjord, Killary Harbour, is just a few minutes up the road too. The lovely little village of Leenane is about 8km away, Clifden, the unofficial ‘capital’ of Connemara is 30km while Galway city is 70. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This was one of my favourite B&B’s in all of Ireland. The setting is stunning, away from everything in the middle of the mountains on a farm. The building is beautiful, the area is beautiful, the room was beautiful and authentic. I loved the owner. She was so friendly READ MORE
- In Ballandean, outside Stanthorpe, Queensland, Australia this homely farmhouse stay is set among 160 acres of rich farmland and has plenty of farm animals as well as local wildlife to see. THE ACCOMMODATION: The spacious house has four comfortable double bedrooms and two bathrooms (with spa bath) and can sleep up to eight people comfortably. There is WiFi, a flat-screen TV/DVD player and a games room with air hockey, billiards and a mini gym. You’ll have the entire house to yourself and its fully self catering though the friendly owners are always on hand if you need anything, and they also offer a free breakfast hamper for the first morning of your stay. You’ll be free to wander the farm and meet some of the animals which include sheep, alpacas, goats, hens and peacocks. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is in the centre of the Southern Queensland‘s granite belt wine region with the lovely and very historic town of Tenterfield less than a half an hour down the road. There are also three national parks nearby; Bald Rock, Sundown and Girraween which have incredible landscapes to explore and are particularly well known for their many unusual rock formations, waterfalls and forests. The Gold Coast is around 160 miles away back east with the city of Brisbane being a little bit less. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Really comfortable, animals to feed and lots of running around for the kids. Fantastic breakfast essentials supplied. Lots of space for people to relax in different areas. Hosts helpful but unobtrusive….” “Windswept has managed to combine the rustic charm of farm-stay accommodation whilst tastefully and thoughtfully providing all you need and more. This is a READ MORE
- Château de Labro is a luxury B&B vineyard hotel & spa near the town, and international airport, of Rodez in what is now known as the Occitanie region of France, formerly Midi-Pyrénées. The property is a 16th century château that oozes elegance and old world class both inside and out. The food, and the wine, is fantastic and outside there are some beautiful gardens, vineyards and a swimming pool. One little novelty of the place is that they also have a luxury treehouse among the orchard trees in which you can spend the night (Look out for it on the booking page!). THE ACCOMMODATION: The above mentioned treehouse is the most popular option which is usually booked out well in advance. It’s quite a thing, more like a luxury double studio apartment than a classic treehouse, it even has a chandelier for example. A lot of people though may prefer to stay in the actual château which has marvelously romantic rooms, with four poster beds and antique furniture. Most of the rooms are doubles but they also have a family room to sleep up to four and a self catering apartment which can also sleep up to four. All of the accommodation is of the very highest quality, it is a luxury hotel after all, but what separates Château de Labro from most is the beautifully old fashioned decor. It feels a little like stepping back in time, in a good way, especially in the bedrooms, where even the modern touches are consistently tasteful. The food at the chateau is a highlight, always in season and local as much as possible, and they have a suitably good wine list. It is READ MORE
- Near Clearwater, British Columbia, Canada, Wells Gray Guest Ranch is a western style ranch with plenty of activities to be enjoyed including horse riding, hiking, fishing, golfing and white water rafting, all of which can be organized from the ranch. They have cute, rustic, western style accommodation with a seating area and patio. They all have free WiFi access and a good continental breakfast included in the price. They’ve got their own restaurant and bar too, the Black Horse Saloon which serves good meals and drinks throughout the day, seven days a week. READ MORE