No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best farm stays & dude ranches with horse riding in Australia in 2022! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- This peaceful, friendly farm stay near Sydney NSW, overlooks the Kangaroo Valley and has lodge style accommodation on a working horse & cattle farm with some really gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. Horse riding is a big feature at the farmstay; you can arrange lessons and trail rides that are among Australia‘s most beautiful, into the Morton National Park right next door for example, through rainforests and even right up to the top of Mt. Moollootoo. Kids too can enjoy a ride on one of their ponies. THE ACCOMMODATION: The self catering accommodation is in the form of old style timber lodges; the bigger lodge can accommodate up to eight people, with two separate double bedrooms and four single bunk beds in the lounge area. There are also two bathrooms, a fully equipped open plan kitchen and lounge with an open log fire, and there’s a barbecue area just outside the door. The smaller mini lodge has an open plan lounge & kitchen, bathroom and a mezzanine level above with a queen size bed. The sofa in the lounge area also opens out into a double bed so it can a fit a total of four people. There’s a barbecue area just outside the door too. Note: For a digital detox there is no WiFi! PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: It’s a working farm with a herd of cattle and dozens of horses. The owners are horse experts and enthusiasts, and have years of experience of horse riding, teaching and exploring the local area on horseback. The farm itself leads on to Mt. Moollootoo and has sections of open pasture land, rainforest and open bush that leads into Morton National Park. All of which makes it a really special place for horse riding and there are dozens of fantastic trails that the owners are always happy to guide you around. You can head up through the rainforest to the top of Mt Moollootoo from where the views are simply spectacular, taking in Morton Park, the Kangaroo River & Lake Yurunga. They have a few friendly READ MORE
- Gumleaf Cottage is a traditional Aussie farm cottage on a 12 acre farm near Swan Valley and the Perth Hills, and around 30 minutes from Perth Airport. The cottage is self catering, and private, and you can have as much time by yourself as you need or you can also explore the farm and meet all the friendly animals that call it home; goats, sheep, hens, rabbits, parrots and miniature ponies for example, and get involved in farm tasks such as collecting eggs, feeding the animals and fruit picking etc. THE ACCOMMODATION: The 100 year old original farm cottage still has a nice traditional feel but is fully renovated inside with a new modern kitchen and bathroom. There are three bedrooms, two of which are doubles with queen size beds and one children’s room with 2 sets of bunk beds, so can sleep 8 but there are also two cots available to sleep extra infants if required. The cottage is adjacent to the main farmhouse and beside the gardens, which have a trampoline, a splash pool and a playground, and of course the 12 acre farm. There you will find lots of farm animals which you are welcome to meet and you can engage in all sorts of fun and educational activities that kids especially will love from pony rides (Note: the listing is in the horseback riding category though there are only ponies here to ride!) and row boating on the dam to bug collecting and possum spotting. You can also go bush walking in the forests around the farm which have miles of trails and where you can spot all sorts of exotic wildlife. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Gumleaf is just half an hour from Perth Airport and a little more to the city centre (shuttle services can be arranged) and some of Western Australia’s famously beautiful beaches. The Perth Hills and the John Forrest National Park are nearby as is Swan Valley, famous for its agriculture and food and where in recent years a whole food and wine tourism scene has emerged, READ MORE
- Ideal for a romantic getaway from Sydney, Emirates One & Only lies hidden away in the Blue Mountain’s Wolgan Valley, between Wollemi National Park and the Gardens of Stone National Park. It is without doubt one of the finest luxury, rural retreats in NSW and offers 40 plush and spacious, eco friendly villas each with private swimming pool. The setting too is sublime; they are part of a seven thousand acres wildlife reserve which boasts some of NSW’s most beautiful scenery. THE ACCOMMODATION: The opulent villas come with one two or three bedrooms, all beautifully designed and furnished in rustic country chic style. They also all come with a range of luxury features, including the above mentioned private swimming pool. Check out all the details on the booking page here. It is a self-contained, all inclusive resort and most room rates include gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, with a range of wines, beers and non-alcoholic beverages gratis alongside them. You have a variety of dining options on the estate including the stylish Wolgan Dining Room with panoramic views, the more casual restaurant The Country Kitchen, and the Valley Bar & Terrace which includes a walk-in wine cellar. Emirates One & Only is very much a place to unwind and destress, and you can do exactly as little as you’d like, though activities are numerous, with 4-wheel drive wildlife safaris (day and night), mountain biking, horse riding, tennis, archery, yoga, bush walks, stargazing, campfire gourmet picnics and much more to be enjoyed. Two packages from their menu of organized nature based activities are complimentary for guests and the One & Only also has a high tech fitness centre, tennis courts, a swimming pool, saunas, steam rooms, and a range of highly praised spa treatments, including beauty therapy using Sodashi skin care products. The Emirates can be a great romantic getaway for couples; the place is so vast that you can have as much privacy as you need, but it also caters very well for kids with a supervised kid’s club with various activities for them, including educational ones where they can learn about nature and conservation alongside bush walking, orienteering, READ MORE
- Beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area and the ancient Gondwana rainforest in New South Wales, Australia, The Tops is an award winning organic farmstay on a 2,000 acre estate. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is in the form of self contained, self catering cabins which are super comfortable and come with a full kitchen, a lounge with fireplace, bathroom with spa bath, and flat screen TV and WiFi. In the extensive grounds outside you’ll also find an outdoor swimming pool and a tennis court. The food here is another big attraction, with most of the ingredients coming direct from the farm or from other local organic farms, and they specialize in a variety of Sri-Lankan curries as well as other more mainstream Aussie food. Vegetarians will be well taken care of too, as will anyone with other dietary restrictions. It’s open for breakfast 7 days a week and for dinner on Wednesday to Saturdays. There’s a nice lounge area too at the main farmhouse with comfortable couches around an open fire and guests can play snooker, pool and table tennis or sample some of The Tops’ full range of Rosnay organic wines, Cooper ales and various home made organic juices. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Their huge farm, all two thousand acres of it, is home to cows, goats, horses, geese, ducks and hens as well as numerous native wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, platypus, potoroos and rare white tailed eagles. Running through the farm there is two miles of the Dilgry River, well known as one of the cleanest in Australia, and a great fishing river. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is 2 hours from Newcastle and 3 and a half hours from Sydney, while the town of Gloucester is about 45 minutes away. As mentioned before it is in an enviable setting; right beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area with the ancient Gondwana Rainforest surrounding it. Trips around, and tours of, the surrounding area can be organized at the farmhouse where you’ll find plenty of opportunity for fishing, horse riding, kayaking and mountain bike riding. WHAT READ MORE
- Mount Bundy Station offers a friendly, enjoyable farm stay experience by the banks of the Adelaide River, near Darwin, in Australia‘s far north. It is on the route between Darwin and the Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks, and so sees quite a few visitors both for farm tours and for over night stays on its huge working cattle farm station. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a whole range of accommodation options for up to eight people per unit, a mixture of rooms, self-catering cottages and glamping tents. And all come with access to a large shared kitchen. The friendly staff at the tour desk can help you with a day tour around the farm, on horse back if you like, or a days fishing. And if you don’t feel like cooking in the morning you can buy a good breakfast pack at reception. Note: There is no WiFi! THE LOCATION: The farm is a good base for exploring the popular Adelaide River area and the Litchfield National Park. The park is about 20 miles away and you can organize day trips direct from the farm by 4WD. Highlights include hiking around the creeks, bathing in the Florence and Wangi Falls and swimming in its many rock holes. Another nice trip is to take a 4WD tour around the thermal pools of Butterfly Gorge, where you can take a swim and watch out for its abundance of wildlife, especially birdlife. And there are many more places to see in this wonderful natural environment. Horse riding trips can also be organized closer to home; you can visit the nearby Robin Falls along Dorat Rd for example and explore some lovely peaceful countryside along the way. The farm owners are always on hand with good recommendations and can organize it all for you. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Great location and atmosphere! The bar and pizzas are fantastic! Lots of animals around and close enough to Litchfield National Park. We loved it!…” “Wonderful Family Weekend Away! We loved the atmosphere, the staff, the pizzas, the bar and the pool! we had a great family weekend away and will definitely return!…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ READ MORE