No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agritourism farm stays & dude ranches with horse riding in Italy in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Agriturismo Sarrabus is a lovely, traditional agriturismo, less than an hour from Cagliari, on the east coast of Sardinia. The food here is a major highlight; their on site restaurant is the perfect place to experience Sardinia’s rich food tradition with much of the ingredients for their traditional recipes coming fresh from their own, or other farms in the local area. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of cosy self catering cottages to sleep up to four people surrounding the main farmhouse & restaurant. They are basic but clean and comfortable and though, because of the quality of the food in the restaurant, you might find yourself never cooking, you will also have a well equipped kitchenette at your disposal. Outside the cottages have a little veranda with tables and chairs and there is plenty of space to lounge around in the lawns and among the lovely olive and orange trees, where you’ll also find some slides and swings for the children. The farm itself produces a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs which go in to their fresh food as well as keeping Tibetan goats, hens, ducks, rabbits, turtles and even two friendly wild boars. They have horses too and you can bring them out for some lovely horse riding trips around the nearby lagoon and along the sea shore. THE LOCATION: You’ll find the agriturismo down some country lanes near the village of San Priamo in this richly rural part of east Sardinia. The sea is just minutes away as is the Stagno dei Colustrai lagoon, which you can explore on horseback, and there are some lovely beaches around too. The journey from Cagliari should take less than an hour but if you have time on your hands you can take the longer, but more scenic coastal routes. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Brilliant. This place was an experience. Silvia met us with coffee and Sardinian cookies. It was a lovely stay on the farm with perfect hospitality. There was the sweet scent of orange trees in the air. Both dinner and breakfast was served in the large farm style dining hall. The best idea of all was: All READ MORE
- Mandra Edera is a charming and peaceful B&B agriturismo farm stay near Abbasanta in central Sardinia, Italy, that specializes in cooking classes & horse riding; it has been a breeding farm for Anglo-Arabian horses for over 100 years now and they roam freely around the property. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms and suites are all clean, comfortable and simply and tastefully presented in traditional style with cedar wood furniture, wood beamed ceilings and exposed brick walls, and they all come with private bathroom, air conditioning and a mini bar. Outside in the large gardens they have a swimming pool, lots of sun loungers and a terrace area with plenty of outdoor dining space. They have a small restaurant and bar at the property and the food, including the free breakfast, is generous and high quality, they serve up a range of traditional local and mainland Italian dishes with ingredients locally sourced as much as possible. THE FARM: Being an important horse breeding centre they have a number of the beautiful Anglo-Arabian horses to be admired at the farm. Horse riding excursions and lessons are a big activity for guests but they can also arrange cycling excursions as well as different archeological, nature, gastronomy and wine tours of the surrounding area. Cooking classes can be arranged at the farm stay too where you can learn how to cook some classic, age-old Sardinian recipes. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is located in the north eastern part of Oristano province, almost at the very centre of Sardinia. This is very much rural country, sparsely populated, with sleepy villages and small farms where lifestyles have not changed much for decades if not centuries. You’ll find it a world away from many of the classic tourist resorts of coastal Sardinia, and indeed even coastal Oristano is almost free of mass tourism having some beautifully pristine, semi isolated stretches of beach that are a rarity in much of the rest of Sardinia. Like the rest of Sardinia, Oristano has plenty of ancient history, with some relatively unknown but historically important sites to be seen. The ruins of the ancient Phoenician coastal city of Tharros for example, or the two READ MORE
- Just outside the beautiful hilltop town of Pienza, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Casapicchiata is a very highly rated farm stay that has comfortable B&B rooms in a traditional Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by acres of wheat fields, olive groves, lavender and cypress trees. The views are tremendous too and it is in a perfect location for further exploration of this fabled sub-region of Tuscany; Val ‘Orcia. THE ACCOMMODATION: All the rooms are rustically stylish, with tiled floors, antique furniture and classic bed frames, and they all come with nice private bathrooms. This farm stay comes with lots of other niceties too; a spa & wellness center with massage services, a fitness center, a small indoor swimming pool, a hot tub and a solarium. They know how to look after their guests here and they can also provide a number of other, more practical, services; babysitting, laundry and maid services for example. Their food is tremendous, and not only the breakfast; the friendly owners cook up some great locally sourced food (Much from their own farm) in the evenings too which can be shared with other guests in the farm’s ‘family and friends only’ informal restaurant. THE LOCATION: The lovely Pienza is of course very much on the Tuscan tourist trail and there are innumerable other lovely small towns nearby too; Bagno Vignoni, Montacino, Rocca d’Orcia to name just a few. In between too of course you have some classic Val d’Orcia/Southern Tuscany countryside to enjoy (you’ll find a special section on Val d’Orcia on this page). You can hire bikes from the farm to head out exploring if you wish, and/or they can also arrange some wonderful horse riding trips which take you around the local area and some of the more hidden, less touristy areas of Val d’Orcia. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location right at the heart of Val d’Orcia, within driving distance of many central locations of Tuscany. Beautiful place with warmhearted owners….” “Excellent property, the owner was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was great and we fell in love with the location (and the dog!)….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO READ MORE
- Family run vineyard & agriturismo, Baglio Vecchio offers peace, tranquility and rustic old world charm in the wilds of North West Sicily. The property is an 18th century baglio, a traditional Sicilian farmhouse, which has been respectively restored and retains the atmosphere of a bygone era without sacrificing modern comforts. The food here is consistently excellent, you can sample some fine Sicilian traditional dishes with most of the ingredients coming from the farm, and all accompanied by the agriturismo’s very own wine. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have ten rooms in total, two quadruples, one triple, six doubles and one single, in the main farmhouse building and six self catering apartments in the nearby renovated storehouse to sleep up to four people each. They all have a rustic vibe with soothing pastel coloured walls and and some nice antique furniture, but they also have air-con, satellite TV, private bathrooms and WiFi for example, and you’ll generally find the accommodation super comfortable, and clean. The 50 seat restaurant, as mentioned above, has some terrific traditional Sicilian food & wine on offer and they are happy to cater for guests with dietary restrictions. Outside in the grounds there is a swimming pool and the whole property is surrounded by olive groves, grape vines and a beautifully peaceful, nearly 30 acre, stretch of old woodland that is lovely to wander around. You are also welcome to join in some of the activities around the farm such as, in season, harvesting the olives or grapes, and you can also try your hand at the ancient lawn bowling sport of bocce, play ping pong, go horse riding or take one of the farm’s bikes to explore the surrounding area. THE LOCATION: Tucked away near the coast of north west Sicily, the journey from Palermo should take less than an hour and a half, from Trapani less than an hour and from Marsala, less again. Rural Sicily has a wealth of ancient ruins and the area surrounding the agriturismo is no different. The ruins of the ancient Greek city of Selinunte, are just 10 km away on the coast with Segesta too being just 40km away. Both are very much READ MORE
- This very much luxury agriturismo near Florence, in the heart of the Chianti hills, Tuscany, has a history going back to the 14th-century, and a gorgeous hillside setting surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a broad range of accommodation from standard doubles to family rooms that can sleep up to five and some extra spacious suites. Even the most basic of rooms have a whiff of luxury with the only major difference really being the amount of space on offer. All are stylish, chic, clean and comfortable, and with a mixture of modern and rustic interior design to complement the wood beamed ceilings and frescoed walls of this classic old Tuscan farmhouse. Check out your options on the booking page here. Every morning you’ll be treated to a great Tuscan style buffet breakfast including cold meats and cheeses, pastries and jams. Agriturismo Salvadonica also has its own small restaurant which serves some quality local food for lunch and dinner and using the farm’s own olive oil and wine. There is a large garden outside which has lovely views over the Chianti Hills, an outdoor swimming pool, and plenty of space for relaxing and dining. If you’re impressed by the food, and most people are, you can join their daily cooking classes where a professional chef will teach you how to create full three course traditional Tuscan and Italian meals. You’ll have access to a tennis court and fitness center at the farm stay too, and they can also organize a whole host of services including massage, concierge, laundry services, a business meeting room, bicycle rental, bicycle tours, horse riding and hot air balloon trips. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: Salvadonica has a long history as a farm and a manor, and the farmhouse has been lovingly restored in recent years. The farm itself has five acres of olive groves, four acres of vineyard, and over 15 acres left semi natural as park and woodland. It is a beautifully relaxing place to wander around but it’s also a working farm & READ MORE
- Just a short drive from the city of Alghero and the Costa Smeralda, Sardinia, Agriturismo Il Podere Di Monte Sixeri has stylish cottage and villa accommodation on its 60 acre working farm which produces, amongst other things, classic San Giuliano extra virgin olive oil and keeps animals including donkeys, hens, pigs and horses. Though very near the city the location is blissfully rural and peaceful and the views over the surrounding countryside, and of Alghero itself, are beautiful. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a huge range of self catering accommodation to choose from studio apartments to four bedroom villas which can sleep up to nine people comfortably. All of them are rustic and traditional in style, having been converted from various old farm buildings on the estate, but they lack nothing in terms of comfort or modern necessities. Even the smallest studio has plenty of space and facilities including at least a well equipped kitchenette, a flat screen TV and a washing machine for example, and all have at least some outdoor space; a balcony or private terrace. Out in the gardens there is loads of space to enjoy with three swimming pools with hydromassage, two children’s playgrounds, and plenty of deck chairs and sun loungers etc. The estate has a nice hillside location and there are hiking trails around that lead higher into the hills that offer even better views than from the farm. Horse riding trips and mountain biking around the local area can also be arranged. You are also welcome to visit the farm of course where you can meet the animals, and take part in guided tours from the ever helpful and hospitable staff and owners who can show you what goes into making their classic San Giuliano olive oil and olive oil paste. The accommodation is self catering and there is a good supermarket just 2km down the road from where you can get supplies and you can collect basic supplies from reception too, some lovely fresh home made bread for example. And as you drive the road between the agriturismo and Alghero you’ll also find quite a few local farmer’s stalls where you can buy quality fresh READ MORE
- Agriturismo Domus Magna is a beautifully renovated 15th Century farmhouse on a lavender farm very near Udine in the Fruili-Venezia-Giulia region of Italy. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has comfortable B&B rooms with private bathroom, TV and WiFi and outside there is are 12 acres of grounds, including a large garden with barbecue facilities and an outdoor pool. Then there is the lavender farm from where they produce their own lavender oil and lavender honey. You can expect a great Italian breakfast every morning at Domu Magna with some of the best local produce; ham, cheese, yoghurts and cereals. After that if you’re feeling active, the surrounding area is popular for hiking and cycling and the friendly owners can provide free bike hire. They also have horses at the farm which you can take out on horse riding trips, and lessons can also be arranged. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is situated in the lovely little village of Belvedere di Povoletto, just a few minutes north of Udine, Fruili’s regional capital. Some other places of note in the surrounding area are the UNESCO World Heritage site of Cividale, originally founded by Julies Caesar, it was the 8th century capital of the Duchy of Fruili, one of the Lombard Duchies. The popular seaside resorts and spa towns of Grado and Lignano and the lovely medieval towns of Gemona and Venzone are also nearby and worth a look. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in. If you are looking for beautiful surroundings, tranquillity and excellent service then this is the place. I wish we could have stayed longer and I hope we will return someday. It’s a great location for exploring the area….” “Highly recommended. Very friendly staff, nice and huge garden and clean and nice pool. An incredible place to be with kids. It was a pity we couldn’t stay more days….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO DOMUS MAGNA: READ MORE
- Agriturismo Antichi Granai is a scenic rural retreat between Palermo and Trapani in the depths of rural west Sicily. The hillside accommodation is that of a stylish and minimalist, traditional Sicilian farmhouse, the food is excellent, as is the homemade Nero d’Avola wine, and the hosts are enthusiastic, warm and welcoming. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of rooms and suites to sleep up to in the rustic farmhouse which dates back to the early 1900s. All of them are spacious and clean and come private bathroom, WiFi, air-con, central heating and lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Outside there are terrace and garden areas which are beautifully designed and maintained with plenty of lounging and al fresco dining space. There is a swimming pool in the gardens too and all around you can enjoy the same lovely views. There is a large working farm here too of course which you are more than welcome to take a look around, and do some horseback riding too. If you so wish, you can also join in some of the activities; harvesting the olives or wheat for example, or helping to collect some of the great array of vegetables and fruit which go in to the fine food at the farmhouse restaurant. THE LOCATION: Though just over an hour from Palermo and roughly half that from Trapani this agriturismo feels very much in the middle of nowhere. From its hilltop setting you have really tremendous views over the miles and miles of rolling hills that surround. There is barely a hint of urbanization in these parts with the exception of the picturesque little town of Calatafimi Segesta, so it will doubtless be a welcome break for many, especially if they’ve just arrived from Palermo. As a result it’s startlingly quiet and peaceful, with the stars at night appearing as bright as you can ever imagine. So it might be a place to relax but there is still a lot to do and see locally and the hospitable agriturismo owners can arrange all sorts of tours and excursions for you. You can arrange day trips to the city of Trapani, and to its surrounding, READ MORE
- Agriturismo I Moresani has quality accommodation on its 200 acre family-run organic farm near the lovely Cilento Coast, south of Naples, & Salerno, Campania. The farm is a busy place with cows, pigs, goats, horses and hens, and produces a huge range of organic food products including extra virgin olive oil, salami, sweet and salty sausages, goat’s cheese, pasta, liqueur, wine, tomato puree, honey, biscuits, flour, pulses and more. It’s an extraordinary selection and all are available to try at the farm restaurant and to buy at the farm shop. THE ACCOMMODATION: The range of accommodation at the agriturismo is equally broad and consists of three separate buildings with a total of 9 rooms (doubles, triples and quadruples) and three self catering apartments. You’ll find all clean and comfortable and with a nice rustic Italian farmhouse feel. In the grounds outside there is a swimming pool surrounded by gardens and of course beyond that the farm where you can wander through the olive groves, vineyards and vegetable gardens enjoying the peace and quiet, and all the time surrounded by the rolling green hills of this very lovely and very underrated area of rural Italy. Food is of course a major part of the experience of Agriturismo I Moresani; the breakfast is fantastic, organic and can be adapted to suit dietary restrictions. You’ll be well advised to try the restaurant in the evening too too where you can enjoy to the full some fantastic meals; genuine home-made, slow food, with most of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm itself. Active types will appreciate the horse riding (They have their own horse riding school) and various activities and excursions can be arranged in the surrounding area including hiking tours of the Cilento National Park, visits to the Unesco World Heritage archaeological sites of Paestum and Elea-Velia, boat trips around the lovely Cilento coast, cooking classes and more. THE LOCATION: Though many areas of Italy may claim such a title the Cilento Coast is a firm candidate for rural Italy’s best kept secret. The world famous Amalfi Coast draws almost all of the foreign tourists in these parts but those in the know will also take the READ MORE
- Near the town of Muro Leccese, Puglia, Italy and about an hour from Brindisi airport, this very popular agriturismo farm stay has a range of B&B and self catering accommodation in an 18th century farmhouse surrounded by an olive oil and corn producing farm. All their apartments and studios are spacious, clean and comfortable with private bathroom, WiFi, flat screen TV and kitchenette, and outside guests can relax in the well kept gardens which has a swimming pool and a large outdoor dining area. They have a full restaurant on site with a choice of traditional local dishes, and the food is truly superb. They also offer cooking lessons for guests, as well as horse riding excursions, bicycle hire and swimming lessons. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely warm welcome, very friendly staff, excellent food, very relaxing and stunning setting. Great pool too. Lots of excellent beaches and gorgeous towns to visit within a short drive….” “A delightful oasis with spectacular pool and friendly staff- home away from home!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TENUTA SANT ANDREA: READ MORE