No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are the FarmStayPlanet choices for the very best luxury agriturismo farm stays, ranch stays & vineyard hotels in France in 2021.
All of these wonderful properties come with instant online booking & a lowest price guaranteed via our affiliate partnership with Booking.com.
- Chateau Monteil is a stunning private chateau for rent in the beautiful Dordogne region of Aquitaine, France, near the medieval town of Sarlat la Caneda and close to the famous Lascaux Caves. THE ACCOMMODATION: It’s an extremely spacious property that can sleep up to twenty people quite happily. It has a total of six bedrooms and suites with varying number of beds (check on the booking page), five bathrooms, a large lounge which includes a snooker table and TV, a very well equipped kitchen and outside some nicely tended gardens and terraces which include a heated swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers. The friendly owners of Chateau Monteil live very nearby and will always be on hand should you have any issues. Their farm is beside the chateau and there you can admire their flock of rare and unusual Cameron Sheep, as well as their friendly free range hens. The owners are excellent cooks too and if needs be they can also supply you with some quality food. For breakfast you can order some freshly baked croissants, baguettes, pan au chocolat & pan aux raisins for example, and in the evenings treat yourself to a fantastic 6 course home cooked meal featuring local delicacies, and where dietary limitations can be cared for with a bit of advanced notice. A supply of some fine wines can be ordered too, with the latest wine list from local suppliers always at your disposal. THE LOCATION: The Dordogne Valley is a famously beautiful region, one of France’s most beautiful in fact and has long enchanted cultured tourists from around the world with its deep green countryside, charming villages and wonderful food and wine. The chateau itself is in the Eastern Dordogne, in the cute little hamlet of Calviac en Perigord which is just over a kilometer from the Dordogne River and about 15 minutes from the gorgeous medieval town of Sarlat-la-Canéda. It will of course be very tempting to stay around the enormous comfort of the chateau for the duration of your stay but there is also so much to see and do in the surrounds. Beyond leisurely tours around the country roads or equally leisurely READ MORE
- Domaine de Gressac is a luxury organic agriturismo vineyard hotel/farm stay gite, near Avignon in the south of France, which is part winery part horse breeding farm. The accommodation is in the form of luxury, self catering, old stone cottages, the property, both inside and out, is nothing short of gorgeous, and is surrounded by a full 280 acre estate comprising of vineyard, pastureland, woodland and even a river beach. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are in the form of very charming stone cottages, with the largest being able to sleep up to 7 people. They are all built quite recently from the stones and beams of the old farmhouse which was lying in ruins before the present owners lovingly restored the entire place. Though technically new in that case, the gites feel thoroughly authentic, like classic south of France farm cottages but with very much modern levels of comfort and facilities. The furniture and fittings are all nicely chosen, though mainly contemporary they don’t seem to detract from the beautifully rustic feel of the property. They all have plenty of space, with good sized lounge & sitting areas, plush kitchens and bathrooms, and come with all mod cons; flat screen TV, air-con, WiFi etc. Beautiful as the gites are, the estate that surrounds them is even more impressive. There are the lovingly tended gardens and lawns with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for lounging around. Then there are the vineyards, from which the owners produce a range of reds, whites and rosés, all of which are organic. There is an on-site winery at the property too; the entire process is done in house and you can arrange tours and tasting sessions of the vineyards, winery and cellars. Then there is the horse breeding farm where you can watch some of their very beautiful thoroughbred Spanish horses trotting around. There are also areas of beautifully peaceful woodland that are lovely to stroll though, and a river with its own river beach. You can rent bikes out for free at the farmhouse and you’ll find plenty of trails through the estate for cycling and hiking. Children will be entertained READ MORE
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Their fantastic food deserves a special mention too, with much of the fruit, vegetables and herbs involved coming from the adjoining organic gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of rooms and suites with the larger suites being able to sleep up to four people, and a self catering apartment which has two bedrooms (one double & one twin), two bathrooms, a lounge and a kitchenette. (Check the booking page here) All the accommodation options are super comfortable and clean and with the same old world elegance you’ll find all around the property. The facilities are modern though; all come with air con, flat screen TV, WiFi and Nespresso coffee makers for example. The outside space is centered around the swimming pool and lawns where you’ll also find a hot tub and lots of seating and sun bathing space. There are tennis courts on the property too and also the organic gardens where the farm owners grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs. All around the 75 acre property there is plenty of space to wander in peace among the lavender plants, olive, cypress and pine trees, and you can also hire bikes for free from the farmhouse. They have a very fine restaurant at Le Mas de la Rose which is quite highly regarded in Provence and where you can sample some beautiful fresh food, prepared and presented with style and using local, seasonal ingredients as much as possible. Breakfast (though not included in the room rate) lunch and dinner are available and will certainly not disappoint. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Le Mas de la Rose sits just below the lovely town of Cavaillon, with the hugely historic city of Avignon just 30km to READ MORE
- Situated in the famous wine region of Côte des Nuits, Burgundy, France, Castel de Très Girard is a 17th century manor house offering luxury accommodation in Morey-Saint-Denis surrounded by vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: The soundproofed rooms include a flat-screen TV, minibar, electric kettle and safety deposit box. Each room features a private bathroom with bath or shower and free toiletries. Guests can enjoy meals in the hotel’s restaurant which offers views of the surrounding vineyards. Meals are prepared using local produce and a wide selection of wines are available. Additional facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a bar and a seminar room. THE LOCATION: Local activities include horse riding and visiting the surrounding vineyards. Nearby attractions include the Château du Clos de Vougeot 3 km away and the Abbey of Cîteaux 16 km away. Castel de Très Girard is situated between the historic towns of Beaune and Dijon which are both 25-minutes drive from the hotel. The closest train station is Dijon Train Station. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A gourmet delight…..” “Beautiful setting and views, the interior was a nice blend of boutique and rural style….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CASTEL DE TRES GIRARD: READ MORE
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5 star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of 63 different rooms and suites, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable, and with all modern facilities. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool in the lovely gardens and a very highly rated bistro restaurant serving up a range of Provençal and French specialities as well as some of the best wines in Provence. There is a spa, gym and wellness center which also has an indoor swimming pool, and massage services plus various well-being and beauty treatments are offered. You’ll find a full service of wine tourism at this vineyard hotel; educational vineyard tours, wine tasting sessions etc. are all here, and they can also arrange tours of some of the other wineries in the area as well as lavender farms and distilleries. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: La Coquillade is situated between Luberon and Ventoux in Provence with its nearest city being Avignon. The countryside in this part of France is absolutely gorgeous and very enjoyable to tour around whether by car or by bike, and the hotel has plenty of quality bikes and biking equipment that can be rented by guests. If you’re here in summer you’ll also get a chance to see the above mentioned lavender fields in full bloom. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! The pools, the views, the spa, the food, the staff – everything was excellent….” “Amazingly outstanding in everything: the reception, the rooms, the service, the perfect location in the very heart of Provence, the restaurants, the country side environment, pools, biking, jogging, spa, the excellent overgenerous breakfast. If you may – it’s the perfect stay!!!” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA COQUILLADE: READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top of the range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, sound proofing and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra € 21 charge), but for self caterers they also have a nice two bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas and of course their two restaurants: Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le Champ des Lunes, which won a Michelin star for its classic French & Provençal cuisine, and more casual dining at the La Cuisine d’Amélie. The restaurants are open to the public and though hotel guests will have some priority it’s generally wise to make a reservation or reservations a few days in advance especially in the summer and especially at Le Champ. The grounds of Domaine de Fontenille are equally impressive, with a full 86 acres of mostly landscaped gardens READ MORE
- Le Mas de Peint has luxury farmhouse hotel accommodation hidden away in the wild Camargue region of southern Provence, between Marseille and Montpellier, and near to both Arles and Aix-en-Provence. The estate is huge, there is a full 1250 acres of it to explore and can done on horseback. They keep a number of those iconic Camargue Horses at Le Mas de Peint and horse riding tours can be arranged, as can 4WD and mountain bike tours. The gardens are beautifully kept too with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of areas to relax. Beyond both the gardens and the farm you are in the middle of some beautifully natural countryside with wild flamingos to be seen among the salt marshes, rice fields and hidden beaches. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 13 luxury double rooms and suites that are tastefully and carefully designed in traditional style; where antique furniture and wood beamed ceilings sit easily with modern comforts and facilities. As well as the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool there is a top class restaurant at the farmhouse which serves up some extremely good authentic Provençal food, food which is accompanied by a great selection of wines. You can enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the terrace outside. The breakfast is excellent too, though sadly you need to pay extra for it, i.e. it’s not included in the room rate. The huge ranch is great for exploring. You can head out hiking or biking by yourself, mountain bikes are available for hire, as are massage services for any aching limbs afterwards, or you can join 4WD ‘Safari’ or horseback riding tours which go beyond the farm and deep into the Camargue. The horses on the estate, the famous white Camargue Horses, are, as you probably guessed from the name, native to the area and are believed to be one of the oldest species of horse in the world. You will also see herds of wild horses on your travels in the area. THE LOCATION: Between the cities of Montpellier and Marseille where the River Rhone meets the Mediterranean, lies the Camargue, a vast area READ MORE
- Château de Labro is a luxury B&B vineyard hotel & spa near the town, and international airport, of Rodez in what is now known as the Occitanie region of France, formerly Midi-Pyrénées. The property is a 16th century château that oozes elegance and old world class both inside and out. The food, and the wine, is fantastic and outside there are some beautiful gardens, vineyards and a swimming pool. One little novelty of the place is that they also have a luxury treehouse among the orchard trees in which you can spend the night (Look out for it on the booking page!). THE ACCOMMODATION: The above mentioned treehouse is the most popular option which is usually booked out well in advance. It’s quite a thing, more like a luxury double studio apartment than a classic treehouse, it even has a chandelier for example. A lot of people though may prefer to stay in the actual château which has marvelously romantic rooms, with four poster beds and antique furniture. Most of the rooms are doubles but they also have a family room to sleep up to four and a self catering apartment which can also sleep up to four. All of the accommodation is of the very highest quality, it is a luxury hotel after all, but what separates Château de Labro from most is the beautifully old fashioned decor. It feels a little like stepping back in time, in a good way, especially in the bedrooms, where even the modern touches are consistently tasteful. The food at the chateau is a highlight, always in season and local as much as possible, and they have a suitably good wine list. It is a vineyard hotel after all and so produces its own Clos Labro, a white made from the 6 varieties of grape grown on site; Muscat Petit Grain, Petit Manseng, Colombard, Chardonnay and Viognier. It is not a commercial wine by any means, which makes it quite special; the vineyards are small, producing only 1500 bottles a year, and so the only place you can enjoy Clos Labro is actually at Château de Labro! You can relax around the gardens and READ MORE
- In the heart of South West France’s Saint-Émilion vineyard country, about a half and hour from Bordeaux, Le Pavillon Villemaurine provides luxury B&B accommodation in a classically elegant Château surrounded by fields of vine. Their rustic rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable with en-suite bathroom with bath, flat screen TV with cable channels and WiFi throughout the building. Their breakfast is suitably excellent too with smoked salmon, various pastries and fresh fruit etc. available, but the main attraction of this hotel is the wine. The owner is extremely knowledgeable on the subject, and equally enthusiastic, and as well as making a few wines of his own on the premises he can also arrange some very good wine tours in the surrounding area. Le Pavillon Villemaurine sells out fast so you’re advised to book well ahead! And sorry, but no children or pets. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is one of the nicest properties that we have stayed in over the last few years travelling around various parts of Europe….” “We loved everything about our stay! The beds were SOO comfy! Breakfast was delicious! Beautiful decor! and we loved our hosts!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE PAVILLON VILLEMAURINE: READ MORE
- Domaine de Murtoli is a truly magnificent luxury agriturismo/farm stay retreat near to both Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio, in southern Corsica, France. They offer accommodation in beautifully restored 17th-century stone cottages with quaint timbered ceilings, antique furniture and stunning views all around. Outside there are private swimming pools, beautiful gardens with sea views, and an almost 5000 acre estate which includes a working farm, a spa, golf course and private beach area. It is an exclusive, and very popular, place which has won numerous awards over the years. Unsurprisingly it books out very quickly so you’re advised to reserve well ahead of time. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are 19 cottages/villas of various sizes to choose from, from one bedroom to three, to sleep up to 8 people. All of them are beautifully presented and carefully furnished with antiques and various bits and pieces that enhance the rustic charm of the sturdy stone walls and wood timbered ceilings. All are self catering and have fully equipped kitchens with traditional stone sinks. Each cottage is nestled away in its own little section of the estate and offers great privacy. They each have a furnished terrace area outside and their own private swimming pool. There are two restaurants on the estate, one by the beach which is open in summer and inland on the estate which opens in winter. Breakfast is not included in the rate but for an extra fee you can treat yourself to a great breakfast at the restaurant if you’re not in the mood for cooking. It is open throughout the day and the food, and the wine, will not disappoint. There is a spa at the resort too, with steam room, massage, treatment and hydrotherapy rooms, and a 12 hole golf course in a magnificent setting. Fishing (both river and sea fishing) can be arranged, as can horse riding treks with special pony rides available for children too. THE FARM: The farm takes up a good proportion of the estate and it is a fully working farm which produces a lot of the ingredients for the fine food at the restaurant. You’ll find olive trees, herbs, various fruits and vegetables, READ MORE
- Le Clos Saint-Vincent is an elegant, upscale spa & winery hotel just outside the charming town of Ribeauvillé in France’s Alsace region. It makes a great base for exploring the Alsace wine route and the hotel can organize all sorts of wine tourism activities for guests. It also has a lovely location; on a hillside surrounded by vineyards and with lovely views over the town and the valley below. THE ACCOMMODATION: The individually decorated rooms & suites are all spacious, with en suite bathroom and flat-screen TV, and some come with a balcony or terrace with views over the garden or vineyards. There is an excellent restaurant at Le Clos too, with a great selection of local wines to be sampled alongside plenty of wholesome traditional French food. Guests can dine in the indoor dining room or weather permitting on the terrace outside. There is also a gym at the property, a wellness centre with massage facilities, a sauna and a hot tub, and an indoor swimming pool. THE LOCATION: Roughly half-way between Strasbourg and Mulhouse, (about 45 minutes from each) and right on the Alsace wine route, Ribeauvillé is a charming medieval town at the foot of the Vosges Mountains. It has a rich past and some very atmospheric, flower filled streets and squares with many classic Alsatian half timbered houses, as well as lots of cafes, restaurants and wine shops. Overlooking the town on a nearby hillside are the ruins of the Three Castles of the Lords of Ribeaupierre. They were built starting from the 11th century through to medieval times and have a mixture of architectural styles; Romanesque, Gothic and Early Renaissance. Though mainly in ruins they are still an impressive sight and the location is stunning, if you climb to the top of the largest of the three; Haut-Ribeaupierre castle you can have some incredible views, even over as far as the Black Forest in Germany. The hill, and the castles can be accessed by well worn pathways that lead directly from the town. The larger border town of Colmar is another nice day out and just 15km away. It too is a picture perfect place with cobblestone streets, READ MORE
- La Bastide du Tinal is a beautiful property; a classic Provençal farmhouse updated with modern comforts and luxuries, but retaining an authentic, rustic charm. The setting is postcard perfect too; on a hillside surrounded by lavender and olive groves, the views from the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool are blissful. The food is another major draw at La Bastide, having a range classic dishes from the South of France with much of the ingredients picked fresh from the gardens outside. THE ACCOMMODATION: The property is an 18th century former magnanery (silk farm) and has a a choice of luxury rooms with traditional exposed stone walls. Four of them are doubles and one can sleep up to four, with one double bed and two singles in adjoining spaces. All of rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and worthy of any top hotel in Provence or indeed anywhere else in France. They all come with a seating area, satellite TV, WiFi and iPod dock, and the very plush bathrooms are a particular highlight. Outside there is one acre of grounds to be explored which have lavender plants, olive and almond trees, and various vegetables, fruits and herbs. There are two swimming pools and a jacuzzi/hot tub too, and, as mentioned above, the views over the surrounding fields and vineyards towards Mont Ventoux and Gordes are simply wonderful. The on site restaurant, Le Petit Lucullus, is very well respected in Provence, and apart from the generous breakfast which is included in the room rate you can treat yourself to some fabulous meals throughout the day, paired with some equally great wines. There is a nice dining room inside or if you wish you can dine on the terrace outside. There is a library at the property too and also a bar and lounge. THE LOCATION: La Bastide is in the heart of the famous lavender fields region of Provence, the Luberon National Park to be exact. The Luberon is not only famous its lavender and picture perfect rural landscapes, it is also known for having some of the most beautiful villages in France; Ansouis, Gordes, Menerbes, Roussillon and Lourmarin being the best examples, all READ MORE
- Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury farm stay rural retreat near to Le Harve and the artistic coastal town of Honfleur, in rural Pays d’Auge, Lower Normandy. Accommodation is offered in classically Norman half timbered farmhouses, and the design, both interior and exterior is impeccable. You’ll find the interiors comfortable and plush but with a very pleasant rustic feel while the farm itself has organic orchards and vegetable gardens which offer some of the ingredients for the very highly regarded food on offer. Cooking and horticulture classes, amongst others, can be arranged on site too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of double suites, in order of size; the Standard Suite, the Queen Suite and the King Suite, with The King being the largest. Even the standard suite though, if it was in most other hotels it would be considered a top choice, being around 40 sqm in size and the epitome of comfort and style. There is also a self catering cottage on site which has a huge amount of space, with two bedrooms (one double, one twin), a large lounge with an open fireplace, a kitchen and a private patio and garden area outside. The bathrooms are particular highlight in all of the accommodation choices, spacious and rather opulent, they come with a nice old style standing bathtub and a range of Bvulgari bath products. Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury hotel but also an agritourism farm stay; it prides itself on offering up some of the best local, seasonal food in Normandy and the owners take great care in producing much of the ingredients themselves. They grow a range of organic vegetables and fruits on site as well as various herbs some of which are medicinal herbs, and the owners and staff are a great source of knowledge about all things horticulture and food. The food is truly excellent and if you would like to try and recreate it yourself at home you arrange a cooking class with the head chef, Jérôme Billochon, which also includes an educational tour of the kitchen gardens. There are other courses at the farm too; photography, flower arranging, gardening, origami and even beekeeping. READ MORE
- Ferme de la Rançonnière et Manoir de Mathan is a beautifully old style, luxury farm hotel with restaurant and bar, just north of Bayeux, France, and about 3 km from the Normandy Coast. Its medieval stone buildings are surrounded by large beautifully landscaped gardens with adjoining tennis court in the heart of the lush Normandy countryside. Its rooms are equally impressive; comfortable, clean and very beautifully decorated in a rustic, antique style. Each comes with an en-suite bathroom, as well as satellite TV and WiFi. And, last but not least, the highly rated restaurant at Ferme de la Rançonnière et Manoir de Mathan offers the best regional French cuisine, including every morning a generous buffet breakfast. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The facilities are housed in a wonderful old 15th century monastery that has been beautifully restored. The grounds and building are lovely….” “The property was lovely, full of character, and the staff were very helpful. We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel, the food was excellent!….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT MANOIR DE MATHAN: READ MORE
- Near both Gordes and Ménerbes, in Provence’s Luberon region, La Bastide du Marie is a gorgeous property; a beautifully restored 18th century manor house surrounded by 57 acres of vineyards, gardens, olive trees and lavender groves. It offers very much a luxury experience but rooted in authenticity; the entire space, both the building and the grounds are immaculately kept and display a great deal of historical elegance. There are two swimming pools here, spa facilities, a winery and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation ranges from Classic double/twin rooms through to what they term the Bastide double/twin rooms and the Marie double suites to a fantastic private villa in the grounds that can sleep up to ten people in its 5 en-suite double bedrooms. The Bastide rooms have a more opulent feel than the Classics and are slightly more expensive though they are roughly the same size at 25 sq. meters. They are all beautifully decorated and furnished with a nod to the Provence of the past; lovely old stone walls, antique furniture, elegant soft furnishings and pastel shades abound. The bathrooms are lovely too and all come with a traditional standing bathtub. The suites have the same beautifully rustic old Provence feel but, at around 50 sq. meters, have twice the space to enjoy. If you have a larger group the spacious private villa is a wonderful place to stay. It has 5 en-suite double bedrooms, a lounge, a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a private terrace, and its own outdoor swimming pool. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FOOD & THE WINE: The food here has an excellent reputation from the breakfast to the lavish evening meals. You can book B&B, or include a lunch and dinner package on the booking page, or just pay as you go. The food will not disappoint, it is classic Provencal fare at its best and full of local character and flavour. Some of the ingredients; herbs and vegetables, are grown in the chef’s garden on the property while the rest are locally sourced and seasonal as much as possible. The dining room is lovely, as READ MORE
- In a tastefully restored 17th century manor farmhouse, Bastide de Mazan offers opulence, beauty and luxury in the heart of Provence, France. It is near the lovely town of Valensole and the spectacular Verdon River Gorge, and it can also be an excellent base for exploring the iconic lavender fields of Luberon. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a selection of B&B rooms ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are top hotel standard, smart and cosy, but with some maybe divisive touches of retro chic. The quadruple is the best of all, with a cute little upstairs annex and a very nice private terrace outside. The farmhouse itself is a grand old stone building typical of old Provence and the exteriors have some lovely gardens to explore with lots of artistic flourishes, a pond and a chlorine free swimming pool, and there is plenty of space for lounging, sitting or dining. There is a restaurant and bar at the farm stay, the food and wine are extremely good and the service impeccable. You can start the day with a very fine gourmet breakfast and the evening meals are equally inviting. Much of the ingredients come fresh from the gardens outside; vegetables and various herbs and spices are grown all around. THE LOCATION: Though the hotel will generally be busy enough, the setting of Bastide de Mazan, about an hour north east of Aix-en-Provence, is isolated and peaceful, and it can really make a nice break from some of the touristic villages of Provence, especially in summer. Though the lovely town of Valensole just 10km away is quite popular with tourists. The Bastide makes a great base for exploring the beautiful Verdon Natural Park and the famous Gorge of the same name, which is about 30km away, around Lac de Saint Croix to the east. Heading west you can be in the Luberon Natural Park, famous for its lavender fields, in about a half an hour. Though, in season, you’ll find these iconic lavender, and sunflower, fields all around the region, and in the immediate area around the Bastide de Mazan, without ever having to look too hard. The nearest airports READ MORE
- This luxury vineyard hotel near Narbonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France, is in the heart of Pays Cathare and the Languedoc Region’s vineyards. It offers 3 star accommodation on a large and highly renowned Gerard Bertrand wine estate surrounded by ancient pine forest and olive groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has 38 extremely comfortable rooms, both doubles and four bed family rooms, all of which come with private bathroom, WiFi and flat screen TV. There is also has a lounge bar downstairs, sometimes with live jazz music, and a restaurant ‘L’Art de Vivre’, whose food and drink are of an extremely high quality. There are the extensive grounds to be explored too which include a nice courtyard, gardens and an outdoor swimming pool, along with the adjoining vineyards. THE VINEYARDS: The Château has a full package of wine tourism activities; tasting sessions, vineyards tours etc. You’ll find grape varieties typical of the Languedoc region in the Château vineyards; The whites: Marsane, Roussane, Grenache blanc, Viognier, Vermentino and Bourboulenc. And the reds, Syrah, Carignan, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Grenache. It is such a well known estate that it is something of a destination in itself, and known for the many festivals it hosts; a popular jazz festival in summer, the Art de Vivre Festival in spring and other smaller wine harvesting and truffle gathering celebrations at other times. THE LOCATION: The estate sits in the Massif de la Clape natural reserve, the largest of its kind in Languedoc-Roussillon. The reserve is a mixture of landscapes from vineyards like at Château L’Hospitalet to the garrigue scrub terrain typical of the region as well as forests of oak and pine. The scenery moves through flat plains, plateaus and rocky outcrops with some lovely hiking trails around, many with stunning views over the Mediterranean. Going south through the Massif you’ll eventually come to the coast around Narbonne plage; a well known beach resort that gets very busy in the summer. The ancient Roman city of Narbonne is about fifteen minutes drive north of the estate. It has something of an old style, elegant feel and a very interesting, multi-layered history, but though the surrounding area is quite popular with READ MORE