No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are the FarmStayPlanet choices for the very best luxury agriturismo farm stays, ranch stays & vineyard hotels in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France in 2023.
All of these wonderful properties come with instant online booking & a lowest price guaranteed via our affiliate partnership with Booking.com.
- La Bastide du Tinal is a beautiful property; a classic Provençal farmhouse updated with modern comforts and luxuries, but retaining an authentic, rustic charm. The setting is postcard perfect too; on a hillside surrounded by lavender and olive groves, the views from the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool are blissful. The food is another major draw at La Bastide, having a range classic dishes from the South of France with much of the ingredients picked fresh from the gardens outside. THE ACCOMMODATION: The property is an 18th century former magnanery (silk farm) and has a a choice of luxury rooms with traditional exposed stone walls. Four of them are doubles and one can sleep up to four, with one double bed and two singles in adjoining spaces. All of rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and worthy of any top hotel in Provence or indeed anywhere else in France. They all come with a seating area, satellite TV, WiFi and iPod dock, and the very plush bathrooms are a particular highlight. Outside there is one acre of grounds to be explored which have lavender plants, olive and almond trees, and various vegetables, fruits and herbs. There are two swimming pools and a jacuzzi/hot tub too, and, as mentioned above, the views over the surrounding fields and vineyards towards Mont Ventoux and Gordes are simply wonderful. The on site restaurant, Le Petit Lucullus, is very well respected in Provence, and apart from the generous breakfast which is included in the room rate you can treat yourself to some fabulous meals throughout the day, paired with some equally great wines. There is a nice dining room inside or if you wish you can dine on the terrace outside. There is a library at the property too and also a bar and lounge. THE LOCATION: La Bastide is in the heart of the famous lavender fields region of Provence, the Luberon National Park to be exact. The Luberon is not only famous its lavender and picture perfect rural landscapes, it is also known for having some of the most beautiful villages in France; Ansouis, Gordes, Menerbes, Roussillon and Lourmarin being the best examples, all READ MORE
- Le Mas de Peint has luxury farmhouse hotel accommodation hidden away in the wild Camargue region of southern Provence, between Marseille and Montpellier, and near to both Arles and Aix-en-Provence. The estate is huge, there is a full 1250 acres of it to explore and can done on horseback. They keep a number of those iconic Camargue Horses at Le Mas de Peint and horse riding tours can be arranged, as can 4WD and mountain bike tours. The gardens are beautifully kept too with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of areas to relax. Beyond both the gardens and the farm you are in the middle of some beautifully natural countryside with wild flamingos to be seen among the salt marshes, rice fields and hidden beaches. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 13 luxury double rooms and suites that are tastefully and carefully designed in traditional style; where antique furniture and wood beamed ceilings sit easily with modern comforts and facilities. As well as the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool there is a top class restaurant at the farmhouse which serves up some extremely good authentic Provençal food, food which is accompanied by a great selection of wines. You can enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the terrace outside. The breakfast is excellent too, though sadly you need to pay extra for it, i.e. it’s not included in the room rate. The huge ranch is great for exploring. You can head out hiking or biking by yourself, mountain bikes are available for hire, as are massage services for any aching limbs afterwards, or you can join 4WD ‘Safari’ or horseback riding tours which go beyond the farm and deep into the Camargue. The horses on the estate, the famous white Camargue Horses, are, as you probably guessed from the name, native to the area and are believed to be one of the oldest species of horse in the world. You will also see herds of wild horses on your travels in the area. THE LOCATION: Between the cities of Montpellier and Marseille where the River Rhone meets the Mediterranean, lies the Camargue, a vast area READ MORE
- Near both Gordes and Ménerbes, in Provence’s Luberon region, La Bastide du Marie is a gorgeous property; a beautifully restored 18th century manor house surrounded by 57 acres of vineyards, gardens, olive trees and lavender groves. It offers very much a luxury experience but rooted in authenticity; the entire space, both the building and the grounds are immaculately kept and display a great deal of historical elegance. There are two swimming pools here, spa facilities, a winery and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation ranges from Classic double/twin rooms through to what they term the Bastide double/twin rooms and the Marie double suites to a fantastic private villa in the grounds that can sleep up to ten people in its 5 en-suite double bedrooms. The Bastide rooms have a more opulent feel than the Classics and are slightly more expensive though they are roughly the same size at 25 sq. meters. They are all beautifully decorated and furnished with a nod to the Provence of the past; lovely old stone walls, antique furniture, elegant soft furnishings and pastel shades abound. The bathrooms are lovely too and all come with a traditional standing bathtub. The suites have the same beautifully rustic old Provence feel but, at around 50 sq. meters, have twice the space to enjoy. If you have a larger group the spacious private villa is a wonderful place to stay. It has 5 en-suite double bedrooms, a lounge, a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a private terrace, and its own outdoor swimming pool. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FOOD & THE WINE: The food here has an excellent reputation from the breakfast to the lavish evening meals. You can book B&B, or include a lunch and dinner package on the booking page, or just pay as you go. The food will not disappoint, it is classic Provencal fare at its best and full of local character and flavour. Some of the ingredients; herbs and vegetables, are grown in the chef’s garden on the property while the rest are locally sourced and seasonal as much as possible. The dining room is lovely, as READ MORE
- In a tastefully restored 17th-century manor farmhouse, Bastide de Mazan offers old-style luxury in the heart of Provence, France. It is near the lovely town of Valensole and the spectacular Verdon River Gorge, and it can also be an excellent base for exploring the iconic lavender fields of The Luberon. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a selection of B&B rooms ranging from doubles to quadruples. All of them are top hotel standard, smart and cosy, but with some maybe divisive touches of retro chic. The quadruple is the best of all, with a cute little upstairs annex and a very nice private terrace outside. The farmhouse itself is a grand old stone building typical of old Provence and the exteriors have some lovely gardens to explore with lots of artistic flourishes, a pond, and a chlorine-free swimming pool, and there is plenty of space for lounging, sitting or dining. There is a restaurant and bar at the farm stay, the food and wine are extremely good and the service impeccable. You can start the day with a very fine gourmet breakfast and the evening meals are equally inviting. Much of the ingredients come fresh from the gardens outside; vegetables and various herbs and spices are grown all around. THE LOCATION: Though the hotel will generally be busy enough, the setting of Bastide de Mazan, about an hour northeast of Aix-en-Provence, is isolated and peaceful, and it can really make a nice break from some of the tourist villages of Provence, especially in summer. Though the lovely town of Valensole just 10km away is quite popular with tourists. The Bastide makes a great base for exploring the beautiful Verdon Natural Park and the famous Gorge of the same name, which is about 30km away, around Lac de Saint Croix to the east. Heading west you can be in the Luberon Natural Park, famous for its lavender fields, in about half an hour. Though, in season, you’ll find these iconic lavender, and sunflower, fields all around the region, and in the immediate area around the Bastide de Mazan, without ever having to look too hard. The nearest airports to the farm stay are READ MORE
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Their fantastic food deserves a special mention too, with much of the fruit, vegetables and herbs involved coming from the adjoining organic gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of rooms and suites with the larger suites being able to sleep up to four people and a self-catering apartment which has two bedrooms (one double & one twin), two bathrooms, a lounge and a kitchenette. (Check the booking page here) All the accommodation options are super comfortable and clean and with the same old world elegance you’ll find all around the property. The facilities are modern though; all come with air con, flat screen TV, WiFi and Nespresso coffee makers for example. The outside space is centered around the swimming pool and lawns where you’ll also find a hot tub and lots of seating and sun bathing space. There are tennis courts on the property too and also the organic gardens where the farm owners grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs. All around the 75 acre property there is plenty of space to wander in peace among the lavender plants, olive, cypress and pine trees, and you can also hire bikes for free from the farmhouse. They have a very fine restaurant at Le Mas de la Rose which is quite highly regarded in Provence and where you can sample some beautiful fresh food, prepared and presented with style and using local, seasonal ingredients as much as possible. Breakfast (though not included in the room rate) lunch and dinner are available and will certainly not disappoint. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Le Mas de la Rose sits just below the lovely town of Cavaillon, with the hugely historic city of Avignon just 30km to the READ MORE
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt, and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5-star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of 63 different rooms and suites, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable, and with all modern facilities. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool in the lovely gardens and a very highly rated bistro restaurant serving up a range of Provençal and French specialties as well as some of the best wines in Provence. There is a spa, gym, and wellness center which also has an indoor swimming pool and massage services plus various well-being and beauty treatments are offered. You’ll find a full service of wine tourism at this vineyard hotel; educational vineyard tours, wine tasting sessions, etc. are all here, and they can also arrange tours of some of the other wineries in the area as well as lavender farms and distilleries. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: La Coquillade is situated between Luberon and Ventoux in Provence with its nearest city being Avignon. The countryside in this part of France is absolutely gorgeous and very enjoyable to tour around whether by car or by bike, and the hotel has plenty of quality bikes and biking equipment that can be rented by guests. If you’re here in summer you’ll also get a chance to see the above mentioned lavender fields in full bloom. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! The pools, the views, the spa, the food, the staff – everything was excellent….” “Amazingly outstanding in everything: the reception, the rooms, the service, the perfect location in the very heart of Provence, the restaurants, the country side environment, pools, biking, jogging, spa, the excellent overgenerous breakfast. If you may – it’s the perfect stay!!!” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA COQUILLADE: READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th-century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine-producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star-awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top-of-the-range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors, and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, soundproofing, and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra charge), but for self-caterers, they also have a nice two-bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas, and of course their two restaurants. Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le Champ des Lunes, which won a Michelin star for its classic French & Provençal cuisine, and more casual dining at the La Cuisine d’Amélie. The restaurants are open to the public and though hotel guests will have some priority it’s generally wise to make a reservation or reservations a few days in advance especially in the summer and especially at Le Champ. The grounds of Domaine de Fontenille are equally impressive, with a full 86 acres of mostly landscaped gardens and vineyards. There are nice walking trails around the vines and READ MORE