No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best organic agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in France in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury farm stay rural retreat near to Le Harve and the artistic coastal town of Honfleur, in rural Pays d’Auge, Lower Normandy. Accommodation is offered in classically Norman half timbered farmhouses, and the design, both interior and exterior is impeccable. You’ll find the interiors comfortable and plush but with a very pleasant rustic feel while the farm itself has organic orchards and vegetable gardens which offer some of the ingredients for the very highly regarded food on offer. Cooking and horticulture classes, amongst others, can be arranged on site too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of double suites, in order of size; the Standard Suite, the Queen Suite and the King Suite, with The King being the largest. Even the standard suite though, if it was in most other hotels it would be considered a top choice, being around 40 sqm in size and the epitome of comfort and style. There is also a self catering cottage on site which has a huge amount of space, with two bedrooms (one double, one twin), a large lounge with an open fireplace, a kitchen and a private patio and garden area outside. The bathrooms are particular highlight in all of the accommodation choices, spacious and rather opulent, they come with a nice old style standing bathtub and a range of Bvulgari bath products. Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury hotel but also an agritourism farm stay; it prides itself on offering up some of the best local, seasonal food in Normandy and the owners take great care in producing much of the ingredients themselves. They grow a range of organic vegetables and fruits on site as well as various herbs some of which are medicinal herbs, and the owners and staff are a great source of knowledge about all things horticulture and food. The food is truly excellent and if you would like to try and recreate it yourself at home you arrange a cooking class with the head chef, Jérôme Billochon, which also includes an educational tour of the kitchen gardens. There are other courses at the farm too; photography, flower arranging, gardening, origami and even beekeeping. READ MORE
- Château de Montlieu is a beautifully serene rural retreat near to both Versailles and Paris, France, which has a choice of self catering accommodation in its classic French château building. There is a spa and wellness centre at the property too and it is surrounded by forest, farm and parkland where sheep, donkeys and deer graze peacefully. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a great choice of one two and three bed villas to sleep up to 6 people, plus some smaller double studios. All of them are self catering with well equipped kitchens, comfortable lounges/seating areas and quality finishings. You’ll have a well stocked fridge waiting for you with organic breakfast food & fresh bread and you’ll have all the staples such as tea, coffee (Nespresso), milk, sugar etc. You can also organize an organic breakfast to be made for you for an extra fee. The spa and wellness centre offers various therapies and treatments including reflexology and sophrology and you’ll find a more basic form of therapy in long strolls around the beautiful château grounds and farm, a mixture of woodland and parkland. There is a herd of deer at the property as well as some sheep and donkeys. THE LOCATION: The chateau is conveniently near to both Paris and Versailles; about a half an hour to Versailles and less than an hour from central Paris. There is an SNCF train station fairly close by at Rambouillet and you can arrange transfers to and from there so the chateau can be a alternative base for exploring the very touristy Versailles or even Paris. Rambouillet draws some tourists too though with its own very grand 14th-century chateau & former royal palace and makes for a very a nice day out. The area is still mostly very rural though, peaceful and quiet, with small villages and rich farming land. Between the chateau and Paris there is also the vast Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Natural Regional Park and the lovely Forêt Domaniale de Rambouillet to be explored. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A very friendly and helpful welcome, apartments are very well designed and fitted. So good we booked again as a stop on our return journey READ MORE
- Near Bergarac, and the lovely village of Beaumont-du-Périgord, Aquitaine, France, Farm Stay Chambre d’Hotes Cugnac has spacious comfortable rooms with private bathrooms in a traditional French farmhouse with large gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. The farm is organic and produces a range of fruit, vegetables and honey, as well as keeping horses, ponies and hens. Every morning the friendly owners serve a great organic breakfast and for the rest of the day you can go exploring the adjacent woods, cycling around the country roads (bikes can be hired from the farm) or just relaxing in the gardens. The farm stay is under two hour’s drive from Bordeaux, about an hour from Perigueux, half an hour from Bergerac and about ten minutes from Beaumont-du-Périgord. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Superb continental breakfast completely sourced from the garden run by lovely helpful family…Kind and helpful with local knowledge. Nothing is too much trouble .Woody the dog is especially friendly at meal times. The property covers several acres full of wildlife….” “This is an amazing property and the ideal place to relax and enjoy a break. There is a lot to visit in the surroundings. The room was very spacious, clean and renovated offering a lot of storage space. The breakfast was all fresh with many homemade products and served on the terrace….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CHAMBRE D’HOTES CUGNAC: READ MORE
- This organic farmhouse stay in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France makes for a very relaxing, alternative getaway near Vallon-Pont-d’Arc, a popular tourist town famous for its magnificent gorges and Pont d’Arc. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B rooms and suites to sleep up to three people per room in their traditional French farmhouse. The rooms, and the farmhouse generally are beautifully renovated, with exposed stone walls, arched roofs and well chosen furniture giving a romantically rustic feel to the property. You’ll find the rooms spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which has its own lounge area, and they all come with private bathroom and shower. There’s a nice lounge at the farmhouse too with plenty of comfortable seating and a LCD TV and DVD player. Outside there is plenty of space in the gardens which has an outdoor swimming pool with seats and sun loungers. You’ll be treated to a very fine, fully organic, breakfast every morning in the sociable dining room, and if they want, guests are welcome to use the shared kitchen to cook for themselves throughout the rest of the day. THE FARM: The farm’s main business is in the production of almonds but they also have some other fruit and vegetable groves as well as some sheep. Bruno, the owner, is passionate about organic farming and is always happy to take guests on informal farm tours. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is just outside Vallon-Pont-D’Arc which is a well known destination for the beautiful caves and gorges of Ardèche (Gorges de l’Ardèche), especially the Pont-D’Arc, an iconic 30 meter tall archway. One good way to absorb the grandeur of the gorges is to go on a canoe trip from Vallon Pont d’Arc, which can easily be arranged from the farmstay. The area around Gorges de l’Ardèche is also a national park and is full of wild scenery, forests, rivers and much wildlife. And slightly farther afield, about half an hour by car, you’ll find two other vast parks Monts d’Ardèche and Parc national des Cévennes, offering equally spectacular scenery and a great array of animal and plant life. Very nearby too is the famous Chauvet Cave, inside of which are Palaeolithic cave READ MORE
- Among the rich vineyards of the Pays de la Loire , France, this very beautiful, rustic farm stay is in an old manor house surrounded by lawns, vineyards, a small organic farm and 100 year old woodland. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 5 tastefully decorated rooms are comfortable and clean and have a certain old world elegance. They have private bathroom and WiFi and look out onto the the gardens, the farm and the lake, A very nice continental breakfast is served every morning and your hosts can also cook you some really fantastic regional cuisine some of which is made using the farm’s own produce. The owners used to run a restaurant in Paris and you will certainly not be disappointed by the food. THE FARM: The farm has a variety of animals, including horses, hens and peacocks. There is also an organic vegetable garden and a winery where the owners make their own range of organic wines. The owners are passionate about wine, and food, and love to show guests around the winery, allowing them to taste the produce and educate themselves a little on the delicate craft of organic winemaking. And they also organizes tours and visits to neighbouring vineyards. THE LOCATION: The Château borders the 100 kilometer wide Loire-Anjou-Touraine Regional Natural Park, which roughly follows the Loire River between Angers and Langeais. It’s a lovely area to explore with stretches of forest, hills and waterways interspersed with small farms and scenic towns. Candes-Saint-Martin is one such town with a lovely position overlooking the convergence of the Loire and Vienne rivers, the historic Chinon too is worth a visit, as is Crissay-sur-Manse, usually near the top of any kind of France’s prettiest villages type list. There is also the Chateau Azay-le-Rideau in the town of the same name, which is a bit special due to its location right on the banks of the Indre river. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We wanted peace and quiet and we found it. Wonderful room and property overall. Superb breakfast, Nicole is the most generous hostess. A perfect weekend….” “Beautiful surroundings. Spacious and comfy bedroom. Amazing host. Great breakfast full of homemade goodies….” >> CLICK READ MORE
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Their fantastic food deserves a special mention too, with much of the fruit, vegetables and herbs involved coming from the adjoining organic gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a range of rooms and suites with the larger suites being able to sleep up to four people, and a self catering apartment which has two bedrooms (one double & one twin), two bathrooms, a lounge and a kitchenette. (Check the booking page here) All the accommodation options are super comfortable and clean and with the same old world elegance you’ll find all around the property. The facilities are modern though; all come with air con, flat screen TV, WiFi and Nespresso coffee makers for example. The outside space is centered around the swimming pool and lawns where you’ll also find a hot tub and lots of seating and sun bathing space. There are tennis courts on the property too and also the organic gardens where the farm owners grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs. All around the 75 acre property there is plenty of space to wander in peace among the lavender plants, olive, cypress and pine trees, and you can also hire bikes for free from the farmhouse. They have a very fine restaurant at Le Mas de la Rose which is quite highly regarded in Provence and where you can sample some beautiful fresh food, prepared and presented with style and using local, seasonal ingredients as much as possible. Breakfast (though not included in the room rate) lunch and dinner are available and will certainly not disappoint. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: Le Mas de la Rose sits just below the lovely town of Cavaillon, with the hugely historic city of Avignon just 30km to READ MORE
- Domaine de Gressac is a luxury organic agriturismo vineyard hotel/farm stay gite, near Avignon in the south of France, which is part winery part horse breeding farm. The accommodation is in the form of luxury, self catering, old stone cottages, the property, both inside and out, is nothing short of gorgeous, and is surrounded by a full 280 acre estate comprising of vineyard, pastureland, woodland and even a river beach. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are in the form of very charming stone cottages, with the largest being able to sleep up to 7 people. They are all built quite recently from the stones and beams of the old farmhouse which was lying in ruins before the present owners lovingly restored the entire place. Though technically new in that case, the gites feel thoroughly authentic, like classic south of France farm cottages but with very much modern levels of comfort and facilities. The furniture and fittings are all nicely chosen, though mainly contemporary they don’t seem to detract from the beautifully rustic feel of the property. They all have plenty of space, with good sized lounge & sitting areas, plush kitchens and bathrooms, and come with all mod cons; flat screen TV, air-con, WiFi etc. Beautiful as the gites are, the estate that surrounds them is even more impressive. There are the lovingly tended gardens and lawns with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for lounging around. Then there are the vineyards, from which the owners produce a range of reds, whites and rosés, all of which are organic. There is an on-site winery at the property too; the entire process is done in house and you can arrange tours and tasting sessions of the vineyards, winery and cellars. Then there is the horse breeding farm where you can watch some of their very beautiful thoroughbred Spanish horses trotting around. There are also areas of beautifully peaceful woodland that are lovely to stroll though, and a river with its own river beach. You can rent bikes out for free at the farmhouse and you’ll find plenty of trails through the estate for cycling and hiking. Children will be entertained READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top of the range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, sound proofing and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra € 21 charge), but for self caterers they also have a nice two bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas and of course their two restaurants: Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le Champ des Lunes, which won a Michelin star for its classic French & Provençal cuisine, and more casual dining at the La Cuisine d’Amélie. The restaurants are open to the public and though hotel guests will have some priority it’s generally wise to make a reservation or reservations a few days in advance especially in the summer and especially at Le Champ. The grounds of Domaine de Fontenille are equally impressive, with a full 86 acres of mostly landscaped gardens READ MORE
- This farm stay in the heart of the Lower Normandy countryside, with the Castle of Saint-Germain-de-Livet just 6 km away, is a working organic farm with animals that also produces its own organic apple juice and cider. Its self catering 2-bedroom loft in the upstairs of the very traditional Normandy farmhouse has exposed wooden beams and wooden floors. There is a large open plan kitchen and lounge with TV and DVD player and also a nice terrace. With the company of friendly owners you’ll find it a very enjoyable rural retreat where you can learn a bit about rural Normandy, farm life, and best of all how to make cider! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Very clean, lovely to watch the cows being milked, yummy organic cider. Very family friendly and perfect for our family of 5. We will plan to come back and stay longer as we didn’t get much of a chance to explore the surrounding areas….” “A beautiful, peaceful, and memorable stay during our European vacation. Thank you….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FERME DE LA TUILERIE: READ MORE