No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best organic agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in Sicilia, Italy in 2022! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Monaci delle Terre Nere has a prime location in the foothills of Mt. Etna between Catania and Taormina. It is a gorgeous property, both the building itself (a beautifully restored 18th century-era villa) and the surrounding estate which comprises organic vineyards, olive groves and vegetable gardens, and has sweeping views over the Mediterranean 10km to the east. The gently elevated slopes that surround Mt. Etna produce some of Italy’s best wines and among them is the produce of the Monaci delle Terre Nere Estate. Under its Guido Coffa organic label it makes whites and reds from local grape varieties such as Carricante, a grape that can still only be found in the Etna wine region, and Nerello Mascalese. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of rooms and suites at the main building and a number of detached suites and villas, converted from old farm outhouses, dotted around the estate. They range from 27 square meter classic double rooms to a 200 square meter, two-bedroom villa which can sleep up to seven with the help of two sofa beds in the lounge. All are spacious, bright, stylish and elegant, their interiors display a confident mix of the historical and the contemporary, though leaning more towards the latter – modern art trumps classic art on all walls for example – but overall not too much interferes with the grandiose historical charm of the place and having no TVs in any of the accommodation certainly helps. Despite the wealth of space on offer at the villas none have self catering facilities beyond coffee makers, kettles and mini-bars. The food here though is highly praised, and a major focus of the estate – Monaci delle Terre Nere is as well regarded for its food as its wines. It is not cheap though, be advised. Their on-site restaurant, which has a large outdoor terrace and sea views, is also fully organic with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the estate’s kitchen gardens. Their menu is proudly Sicilian and if you feel you might miss it when you’re gone you could join the chef’s regular cooking classes. Guests can also take advantage of the resident READ MORE
- Baglio Occhipinti is a peaceful rural retreat near Comiso Airport in the famous wine producing region of Ragusa, southern Sicily, known as the Cerasuolo di Vittoria. It offers stylish accommodation in a renovated 19th century manor house/winery that retains all of its rustic, traditional charm. Outside there are lovingly tended gardens with a swimming pool and the farm’s own vineyards and olive groves. You’ll find a cosy, family atmosphere at Baglio Occhipinti – they like to look after their guests – and there is some great home made organic food to be enjoyed too. THE ACCOMMODATION: The large farmhouse is a nice example of a traditional Sicilian manor house but one which has been carefully renovated, and with a great flair for interior design. It is spacious and minimalist, with lots of the old features showcased; wood beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and some lovely pieces of antique furniture. They have seven rooms in total, mostly doubles, and all B&B. All of them are vintage style, comfortable and spotlessly clean, and have WiFi, central heating and air conditioning. In the main living room there is a large fireplace and plenty of space to relax and socialize with the friendly owners and the other guests. As mentioned before, the food is excellent here, from a generous fresh breakfast to some lavish evening meals. All of it is organic and home made with much of the ingredients coming from the farm itself. The menu is solidly traditional Sicilian and if you would like to recreate some of it at home they run daily cooking classes with the chef. And of course there is the wine, Baglio Occhipinti has its own selection of wines and they can be enjoyed with every meal. Outside there is a terrace area where you can also dine, manicured lawns and a swimming pool. Beyond that guests are free to wander around the farm and vineyards and to help themselves to the various fruits growing from the trees; oranges, figs and mandarins. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: The flat plains of this area of southern READ MORE
- Tenuta Santa Tecla is a serene organic agriturismo in a wonderful location outside the town of Acireale, near to both Taormina and Catania, Sicily, and close too to the Mt. Etna National Park. It sits on a hillside just 2km from the Mediterranean and has some stunning sea views. The farm itself produces a huge range of certified organic fruits and vegetables, including mandarin oranges, lemons and grapefruit and it also makes its own very good brand of extra virgin olive oil. They also have farm animals which guests are welcome to meet including hens, geese, donkeys and a few rare, in this part of the world anyway, Tibetan goats. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice self catering apartments and B&B rooms and suites, all of which are boutique hotel standard in terms of style, comfort, cleanliness, as well as facilities which include air con, mini bar, satellite LCD TV’s, and stylish bathrooms with walk in showers. One room, the ‘deluxe room’ also comes with its own whirlpool spa bath. The apartments can sleep up to four people and have all the above plus a spacious lounge area and a fully equipped kitchen. There is also a wellness centre at the property which includes a sauna/Turkish bath, a yoga area and massage services. Out in the beautifully tended traditional Mediterranean gardens there is a swimming pool, plenty of sun loungers and seating, a children’s play area and an archery range. The breakfast at the agriturismo is top class, much of their organic ingredients come fresh from the farm, and they are always happy to cater for dietary restrictions and special requests. THE FARM: Originally the agriturismo’s main focus was their extensive lemon orchards, this they extended in later years to include many other types of citrus fruits, and vegetables. All of their produce is certified organic and being keen gardeners, as well as farmers, the owners also have a botanic garden where you can see a huge variety of native and non native plant species, all of which are carefully marked and described individually. There are animals on site too; donkeys, goats, hens and geese, with a mini petting zoo which READ MORE
- Casa Migliaca is a delightfully rustic agriturismo in Pettineo, near the town of Cefalù, Messina, Sicily. It has B&B accommodation in its hilltop farmhouse which comes beautifully shaded with organic orchard groves and has gorgeous views over the surrounding countryside and the Mediterranean beyond. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms are traditional style with wood beamed ceilings, rustic furniture and tiled floors. And all are comfortable, clean and spacious with private bathroom and WiFi. There is shared lounge at the farmhouse too, and a nice dining room. The outside space particularly has a beautifully natural feel; lots of plants and flowers running semi wild around the gardens creating an intimate atmosphere where long leisurely evening meals take place in the summer. Teresa, the owner and head chef, is very enthusiastic about Italian and Sicilian food and farming, and loves to share her knowledge with guests, through informal cooking classes and tours of the farm. The home made meals here are really excellent and many, if not most, ingredients, come straight from the farm outside. THE FARM: The farm is about 12 hectares in size and comes with its own water spring. A third area of the area is left as wild woodland where you can see plenty of local wildlife such as porcupines and foxes. The rest is cultivated using the biodynamic holistic farming principles of Demeter Bund, and has a wealth of fruits, vegetables and herbs; olives, oranges, lemons, pears, figs, almonds, plums, zucchini, aubergines, peppers and many more. Guests are welcome to pick and eat some of the produce themselves and you can also sample much of it too in their previously mentioned fantastic Sicilian meals. THE LOCATION: The views from the farm are simply beautiful, set as it is on its own hill which gets lovely cool breezes in the summer time. It is just outside the village of Pettineo, a typically small, cute Sicilian hilltop town, and within close proximity to Cefalù, a popular but still quite elegant beach town with a grand history dating back to the Norman conquest. This history is highlighted by its centre piece, the Duomo; a great cathedral that towers over Cefalù’s old town. It READ MORE
- This very cute, pet friendly, agriturismo B&B near Catania, Sicily, Italy, grows 100% organic citrus fruits and vegetables in a beautifully rural setting with Mt. Etna towering above. All their comfortable rooms and suites have a private bathroom and a terrace or balcony, some come with a kitchenette, but guests are also free to cook in the well equipped shared kitchen. Outside they have barbecue facilities in the garden and the surrounding area is really nice to explore by hiking or biking, especially the nearby Mt. Etna National Park, and the farm can offer free bike rental to do just that. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything: accommodation (perfect rustic design), very friendly owner, excellent breakfast, good location (in the nature and at the same time close to the city)….” “We truly loved our stay here. Cesare was a very kind and relaxed host. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing and the whole place just beautiful. We will come again!….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA CASA DI PIPPINITTO: READ MORE