No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best organic agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in Toscana, Italy in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Castello La Leccia is certainly more than your average farmstay agriturismo, even Tuscan agriturismo. It is a restored medieval hamlet with an eleventh century castle on a working organic vineyard and olive farm, and is a truly luxurious place with some stunning views over the Chianti Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: It is high on a hill between Siena and Florence, near the town of Castellina in Chianti, and has lovely views from the terrace of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Their rooms and plush, comfortable and stylish but retain the rustic charm of a traditional Tuscan manor farmhouse. There have a very highly regarded restaurant at the agriturismo too where they provide a generous breakfast, and, throughout the day, some great local Tuscan dishes and of course a good selection of local wine, including of course their own. THE FARM & VINEYARD: The castle has an enviable hilltop position with great views over the Chianti countryside, included in that countryside are some of its hillside vineyards, sitting at between 300 and 500 meters above sea level and with a south-south west exposure they are ideally situated to produce some excellent own brand Chianti Classico. Most of the grapes are Sangiovese but they also produce small amounts of Merlot, Petit Verdot and Syrah. They produce a lot of their own brand olive oil too from groves surrounding the castle. You can arrange tasting sessions of the oil and of course the wine, tour the vineyards and the olive groves and have an interesting look at some of the production processes involved. THE LOCATION: The immediate location is spectacular with stunning views over the countryside. And the countryside is typically beautiful Chianti, Tuscany. It is also right beside the equally beautiful, and historic, town of Castellina in Chanti. The medieval era walled town of Radda in Chianti is nearby as well, and about 20 km to the north will take you to Greve in Chianti, the central town of the region which has much to offer the visitor in terms of history, and food and drink. At Castello La Leccia Agriturismo you’ll be about half an hour’s drive from the lovely city of Siena, and READ MORE
- In the peaceful heart of Maremma, Southern Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Sant’Egle has an enviable location that is equally matched by the quality of its accommodation, food and hospitality. Its approach is very much eco-friendly and organic and it offers guests a pathway to a relaxed and healthy mind and body. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of rustically stylish rooms at the farmhouse, all with private bathroom and entrance, and the whole building displays a nice mixture of contemporary art and antiques. They have an organic farm shop at the property too where you can buy some of their varied food and non food products to take home. You can sample some at their excellent buffet breakfast too, and throughout the day at the highly regarded restaurant. The friendly owners are equally welcoming to those with dietary restrictions and will do their best to accommodate. The surroundings are lovely; there is the farm, the gardens with an outdoor pool, and a ‘holistic space’ where you can organize yoga classes. It’s an eco-friendly property; the 17th-century farmhouse has been carefully renovated to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Note: Only children over 7 allowed! THE FARM: The farm is ostensively a sheep farm but they grows a range of vegetables, fruits, nut and herbs too. All of it is certified organic. and the farm, like the farmhouse, designed to be as eco-friendly and bio diverse as possible. THE LOCATION: Further afield this richly rural and historical part of Tuscany can be easily explored on foot, by car or by bike, from the farm stay you’ll be within distance of such iconic southern Tuscany towns as Pitigliano, Sorano and San Quirico. You can rent bikes directly from the farm and the owners are always happy to advise on what to see and do in the local area, and they can also organize tours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “It was amazing and romantic. Will return….” “Definitely a place to relax and be restored. Much to do in the area in terms of walking and sightseeing and the hosts were most helpful with tips and directions….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & READ MORE
- Agriturismo Humile offers true romantic escape, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia, near Siena. The property is a restored 18th century farmhouse in a classic Italian rural idyll and, with just three boutique suites on offer, the atmosphere is one of great peace and tranquility. The farmhouse is beautifully designed and decorated and retains a lovely rustic ambience while not compromising on modern comforts and facilities. Outside you have a swimming pool and a hot tub at your disposal in the nicely tended gardens. The entire property is proudly eco-friendly and the farm is fully organic, producing extra virgin olive oil as well as various vegetables and herbs along permaculture principles. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three very lovely suites to choose from, all of which are extremely spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. There is a double bed in each plus a seating/lounge area very nice private bathrooms. Two of the suites are downstairs and have their own private entrance with one being upstairs, accessed through the farmhouse, which has the advantage of having nice views over the surrounding countryside. The thoughtful interior design works beautifully in the suites and throughout the property. It is very much a boutique hotel, while also maintaining strongly its rustic farmhouse essence, and though classically minimalist it has lots of lovely little touches and careful attention to detail throughout. The agriturismo is very environmentally conscious and so they forgo air conditioning for fans (though they do have central heating in winter) and don’t have for example TVs and mini fridges in the rooms (though you are of course very welcome to use the fridge in the farm kitchen) The gardens outside are equally nice, with plenty of seating space, a swimming pool and a hot tub, and is surrounded by the olive groves and vegetable gardens that make up the farm. THE FARM: The farm is fully organic and is maintained on permaculture principles. They grow a range of fruit and vegetables here as well as herbs and medicinal plants and they produce their own excellent quality organic extra virgin olive oil. They make some great fresh fresh food at this agriturismo, their breakfasts are READ MORE
- Agriturismo Villa Vignamaggio near Greve in Chianti, Tuscany, is quite a famous place whose main claim to fame is as the supposed birthplace of Leonardo De Vinci’s most famous subject; Mona Lisa. As the true identity of Michelangelo’s most famous subject is still open to question this cannot be proven but whichever way Villa Vignamaggio is certainly a place deeply in touch with Tuscan history. So much so in fact that, to give just one example, it was used as a set for Kenneth Branagh’s 1993 movie version of the Shakespeare play Much Ado About Nothing. They have a range of luxury rooms and suites in a 14th century, Renaissance era, villa, and some equally luxury self catering apartments in restored old farmhouses around the large estate which produces some award winning Chianti Classico wines & olive oil. There is an on site spa, a gym, tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool in the beautifully tended gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The rooms and suites are in the main farmhouse, which is a gorgeously rustic building with plenty of common spaces, including a fine restaurant, a games room, a gym and a spa. The accommodation at the main building ranges in size, with the largest sleeping up to four. You can expect luxury hotel standards and facilities here but with tasteful furniture and fittings that are generally in keeping with the historic nature of the property. For more privacy you can also choose one of the self catering apartments in their own private area on the estate. These are equally luxurious, and again of varying sizes with the largest a full 250 meter squared and able to sleep up to 10 people. The large estate is composed of olive groves, vineyards and an organic fruit orchard. The gardens are beautiful with an outdoor, infinity swimming pool and tennis courts, and offer plenty of space for lounging around or outdoor dining. There is also a large amount of woodland surrounding the villa with a number of marked trails to be explored. THE FARM: The main business here is in the production of their own label Chianti Classico wines; reds, whites and rosé, and READ MORE
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathroom and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of place to relax looking out on to the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4 course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you for such a memorable holiday….” “Beautiful home cooked food, stunning location, peaceful and tranquil. A warm welcome from a lovely lady. Perfect….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO IL CASTAGNOLINO: READ MORE
- For some real luxury in a traditional Tuscan setting near Siena, Agriturismo Querceto Di Castellina has gorgeous self catering cottages on a hillside outside the town of Castellina In Chianti. It is a busy, eco-friendly, working farm too, producing some high quality organic wines, grappa and extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great choice of rustic 15th-century cottages, all with kitchen, lounge and dining area, WiFi and flat screen TV with satellite channels. In the grounds you will find a nice outdoor swimming pool too and well kept gardens surrounded by the farms acres of vineyards and olive groves. It has its own boutique winery and a feature of a stay here is their excellent wine tasting sessions. The food too is highly rated, as are their popular cooking classes at the farmhouse where guests can learn how to prepare a whole host of traditional Tuscan dishes. They have various snacks and small food items available throughout the day too at their wine and cheese bar. Pets are allowed at no extra charge, they have an outdoor play area for children, and have a range of extra services like bicycle hire, breakfast delivered to your room, special diet menus etc. THE FARM & VINEYARD: This family-run is in the finest Tuscan agriturismo tradition, it offers top quality service while also keeping busy producing organic wines and olive oil. Its vineyards are high on a hilltop in ideal conditions for producing its highly rated organic Chianti Classicos; L’aura Chianti Classico and Sei Chianti Classico Gran Selezione. Their vineyard and boutique winery can be visited and you can learn a lot from the owners about what goes in to producing top quality organic wines. They produce some good grappa and extra virgin olive oil too which can be sampled at the farmstay and you can of course, just like the wine, buy some to take home. THE LOCATION: The famously beautiful countryside of Tuscany and especially Chianti has been enticing visitors both domestic and foreign for generations now. Its fertile farms have been producing a lot of Italy‘s best wines for hundreds of years before its fame as a cultured READ MORE
- The homely Agriturismo Fattoria La Prugnola has a great variety of accommodation, including glamping style yurts and a tree house, on an organic, eco-friendly olive farm in the gentle hills of Montescudaio, near Pisa in Tuscany’s upper Maremma/northern Maremma region. The location is idyllic; it is very much surrounded by nature and in its isolated setting you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside all the way down to the famous Etruscan Coast and the sea beyond. THE ACCOMMODATION: There really is a great choice at this agriturismo with cottages, apartments, yurts and a tree house available for up to eight people per unit. So much so that to describe them all individually would take some time but suffice to say that they are all charming in their own way. You’ll find them well equipped, comfortable, clean and cosy, and all have all a nice rustic, Tuscan farmhouse feel to them, with much antique furniture, wood beamed ceilings and soothing pastel shades. Their 5 yurts are not by any means traditional Tuscan of course but they are beautifully put together, spacious and homely. And they are also nicely furnished, blending well some of those same rustic farmhouse touches with the more colourful and exotic ‘walls and ceilings’ of the Central Asian origin yurt. Four of them can sleep up to four people, using one double bed and one double sofa bed, while the largest of them can sleep up to five people with the help of an extra sofa bed. They all too have their own external, private bathrooms. The cosy, romantic tree house is a special property too, and very much sought after, be aware that minimum stay restrictions apply over the summer; in June to September the minimum stay is three nights while in July and August it is one week, from Saturday to Saturday. The treehouse is made entirely of wood and built around a large oak tree. It is small with just a double bed, a bedside table and wardrobe but it also has a very nice outdoor terrace with table and chairs, which offers some unique views of the woods and if you’re lucky READ MORE
- Near the city of Florence and nearer still to Leonardo’s home town of Vinci, Chianti, Tuscany, Agriturismo Colle da Vinci is a classically rustic hillside farmhouse surrounded by organic olive groves and enjoys some stunning views of the Montalbano Valley, especially from the ideally placed swimming pool in the gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five pleasantly old style self catering farmhouse apartments, which can sleep up to four with one double bedroom and one double sofa bed in the lounge and children’s cots can also be provided if needed. You can check your options on the booking page here, and be advised there is a two night minimum stay. They are all spacious and well equipped and you’ll find them bright, airy and comfortable. Though the bathrooms err on the side of modern the general feel is of a homely, rustic Tuscan farmhouse, with wood beamed or brick ceilings, tiled floors and crisp white walls. WiFi and satellite flat screen TVs feature too though and the standards of comfort and cleanliness are certainly of the modern age. Outside they all have their own semi private space with table and chairs and with the agriturismo having such a wonderful hillside location there are wonderful views of the Montalbano Valley to be enjoyed from all around. The well tended gardens have a swimming pool from where you can also admire the views and in general there is plenty of space to lounge around or dine al fresco on the terraces or around the gardens. There’s a barbecue area too, and a play area for kids. The main business of the farm is in the making of organic extra virgin olive oil which guests are welcome to sample and of course also to buy to take home. You can also learn about farm work from the friendly owners; the processes involved in the growing and pressing of the olives etc. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Colle da Vinci is just outside Leonardo’s home town of Vinci (which is still, for historic reasons, actually a city) and also lies within the Montalbano Natural Park, which was once named Barco Reale, a famous hunting ground created by READ MORE
- Take a step back in time at Fabbrica Di San Martino, a luxury agriturismo near to both Lucca and Pisa in western Tuscany which has self catering accommodation in a beautifully restored, over 250 year old, manor farmhouse. The property is palace like, and truly gorgeous, as is the location; set high among green hills it offers lovely views over the surrounding countryside at every turn. It is an organic & biodynamic agriturismo which makes its own quality wine and olive oil and promises a healthy, relaxing rural retreat but with easy reach of the popular tourist cities of Lucca and Pisa. THE ACCOMMODATION: The stunning property has top quality suites and apartments, which can sleep up to four, and blend the rustic charm of an 18th century farmhouse with 21st century standards of comfort. Check your options on the booking page here. The floors and the wood beamed ceilings are all original and much of the well chosen antique furniture dates back to similar eras. All the units come with TV, WiFi and a well equipped kitchenette. They are spacious too with good sized sitting areas and have some lovely design touches; you’ll find nice lighting and traditional furniture and fittings which lend a cosy, rustic Tuscan farmhouse feel. The grounds are large with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for relaxing, dining or just wandering around, and you’ll find beautiful views at every turn. The accommodation is self catering but you can also order a fresh breakfast to be brought to your suite every morning. There is no restaurant at the agriturismo but there are a few good restaurants, cafes and shops just a few minutes away. THE FARM: Lucca is famous in Tuscany for the quality of its olive oil (The gold of Lucca) and this agriturismo doesn’t disappoint in this regard, producing nearly 500 litres of premium organic and biodynamic extra virgin olive oils from its 10 acres of olive groves. All the olives are hand picked and milled within 12 hours of harvesting and are of the leccine, moraiole and frantoiane varieties which, when blended, make for a nice fruity clean tasting oil. You READ MORE
- In the heart of the vineyards around Greve in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy, and near to both Florence and Siena, Agriturismo Podere Campriano is a beautifully rustic, family owned organic farmstay that produces some quality wine and olive oil and offers cooking classes and winery tours. It is very much a peaceful little oasis but yet only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the town of Greve in Chianti itself. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their B&B suites and rooms (you can check your options on the booking page here), and their self catering apartment, are clean, spacious and tastefully furnished, and all have WiFi throughout. While outside in the gardens you’ll find plenty of space to relax, with a salt water swimming pool and barbecue facilities. THE FARM, THE WINE & THE FOOD: Guests are welcome to wander the hillside vineyards and olive groves, and can also arrange guided tours of both the farm and the winery, to learn a bit about the production process and partake in tasting sessions. Their winery produces some quality organic wines as well as Bolero elixir, a unique type of grape syrup that they have been making at Agriturismo Podere Campriano for generations. The farm stay also has some helpful daily cooking classes where you can learn how to make some of the local specialities that make Tuscany, and Chianti, so famous in culinary circles. THE LOCATION: Tuscany might just claim to be Italy’s most admired region and if so Chianti could easily claim to be the Tuscany of Tuscany, so to speak. It is the very heart of the region and has a rural charm that manages to defy the masses of tourists that visit it every year. It is a place of winding roads, gentle green hills and fertile land that has been producing some of the world’s best wines and olive oil since at least medieval times. Dotted among this lovely countryside you’ll also find some classically beautiful Tuscan towns, none more so perhaps than Greve in Chianti itself, the gateway to Chianti, and the location of Agriturismo Podere Campriano. The town runs at a gentle pace despite the number of tourists it READ MORE
- With spectacular views of San Gimignano, Tuscany, this lovely traditional farm stay has pet friendly B&B rooms and self-catering accommodation on an organic family farm and vineyard. It’s a real homely, friendly place which produces quality wine and extra virgin olive oil, and keeps farm animals too. The food though is the real highlight at Fattoria San Donato, they have a traditional, organic, Tuscan restaurant which serves up some of the best fresh food around, much of which comes from their own farm. If you are impressed with the cooking, as you undoubtedly will, you can also arrange some excellent cooking classes with chef and owner, Federica. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have some nice self catering apartments, and B&B double rooms with private bathroom. All of them are spacious and decorated with a rustic, traditional, Tuscan style. The apartments have two double bedrooms, but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge that can be converted into another double for two extra guests. The lounge is large and comes with a kitchenette too. You can enjoy some really fantastic food and wine at the farm restaurant including a lavish buffet breakfast in the mornings and various meals throughout the day. And, as mentioned above, cooking classes can be arranged too. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool in the large gardens where you can also play table tennis and the kids can enjoy the playground. And all of this with really stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including those iconic towers of San Gimignano. There’s a lot going on in their busy organic farm, it has farm animals; goats, pigs, hens and ducks, and grows vegetables, herbs and fruits including olives and of course grapes. Around the edges of the farm there are patches of woodland that lead on into the Castelvecchio Nature Reserve which has some rugged scenery and lots of local wildlife. The family are always happy to show guests around the farm and the cellars, and to show them how they make their wines, oils and various other food products. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some tasting sessions too. THE LOCATION: The family are also always happy READ MORE
- Near the hilltop town of Volterra, Tuscany, Rifugio Dei Sogni is a warm and homely agriturismo B&B with a swimming pool and superb panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and of Volterra itself. The farm produces its own organic wine and extra virgin olive oil which you can sample, and buy to take home, and every morning you can look forward to a fabulously fresh and tasty Tuscan breakfast. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five double rooms and one triple to choose from (check your options on the booking page here). All are in classic Tuscan farmhouse style but with modern comforts, WiFi, flat screen TV, air-con and mini bar for example. Outside they all have some semi-private space including table and chairs. The views from the property are stunning. The gorgeous Tuscan countryside is laid out before you with the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra looking down from a nearby hilltop. There is plenty of space around the gardens to lounge around in and to enjoy the great views from, and there is a nice outdoor swimming pool there too. It is a working farm and produces eight different wines, extra virgin olive oil and fruits such as cherries, lemons and apricots. All of it is organic and the owners are also committed to sustainability practices; solar panels, harvests of rainwater for irrigation etc. They are enthusiastic about organic, eco-friendly farming and are always happy to show guests around and to teach them a little on what goes in to the production of their wine and olive oil. The breakfast at Rifugio Dei Sogni is fresh, varied and generous, including some excellent, freshly ground coffee. There is a bar at the farmhouse too where you can enjoy some of their wine and other drinks plus various homemade snacks and small dishes throughout the day. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is just a kilometer and a half from the gorgeous hilltop town of Volterra, one of the most famous hilltop towns in Tuscany. It was an important Etruscan city, with origins dating all the way back to the 8th century BC. It maintained its importance right through medieval times when most of READ MORE