No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best organic agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- La Fattoria Delle Tartarughe/The Tortoise Farm is a friendly, homely agriturismo near the city of Cagliari, and also some of Southern Sardinia‘s best beaches. It is an eco-friendly, organic farm which also doubles as an animal sanctuary with donkeys, ponies, sheep, pigs, goats, rabbits, a range of exotic birds, and of course tortoises, from where the farm gets its name. It is a very sociable place with a family type atmosphere; a place to enjoy long, lazy evening meals in the company of your hosts and all the other guests. The farmhouse is quaint and homely and all in all the experience is very much an antidote to a modern, sterile city hotel. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farmhouse itself is a quaint, old style farmhouse but with some quirky interior design that gives the place a very nice homely feel. The rooms are colourful and inviting, as well as being comfortable, spacious and clean. The home made food at this agriturismo is a major highlight; a lavish breakfast awaits you in the morning and on many evenings there are great meals to be enjoyed in the company of the other guests. Much of their organic ingredients come fresh from the farm, and, if you find you like the food so much, you can arrange cooking classes too. You’ll find the hosts friendly and welcoming and an informal, family like atmosphere pervades throughout. You will very much be made to feel at home here but with added extras, like massage services, yoga spaces and mediation rooms and of course the chance to interact with the large number of friendly animals they keep on the farm. THE LOCATION: Conveniently near Cagliari and its READ MORE
- In the heart of the vineyards around Greve in Chianti, Tuscany, Italy, and near to both Florence and Siena, Agriturismo Podere Campriano is a beautifully rustic, family owned organic farmstay that produces some quality wine and olive oil and offers cooking classes and winery tours. It is very much a peaceful little oasis but yet only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the town of Greve in Chianti itself. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their B&B suites and rooms (you can check your options on the booking page here), and their self catering apartment, are clean, spacious and tastefully furnished, and all have WiFi throughout. While outside in the gardens you’ll find plenty of space to relax, with a salt water swimming pool and barbecue facilities. THE FARM, THE WINE & THE FOOD: Guests are welcome to wander the hillside vineyards and olive groves, and can also arrange guided tours of both the farm and the winery, to learn a bit about the production process and partake in tasting sessions. Their winery produces some quality organic wines as well as Bolero elixir, a unique type of grape syrup that they have been making at Agriturismo Podere Campriano for generations. The farm stay also has some helpful daily cooking classes where you can learn how to make some of the local specialities that make Tuscany, and Chianti, so famous in culinary circles. THE LOCATION: Tuscany might just claim to be Italy’s most admired region and if so Chianti could easily claim to be the Tuscany of Tuscany, so to speak. It is the very heart of the region and has a rural charm that manages to defy the masses of tourists that READ MORE
- Château de Montlieu is a beautifully serene rural retreat near to both Versailles and Paris, France, which has a choice of self catering accommodation in its classic French château building. There is a spa and wellness centre at the property too and it is surrounded by forest, farm and parkland where sheep, donkeys and deer graze peacefully. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a great choice of one two and three bed villas to sleep up to 6 people, plus some smaller double studios. All of them are self catering with well equipped kitchens, comfortable lounges/seating areas and quality finishings. You’ll have a well stocked fridge waiting for you with organic breakfast food & fresh bread and you’ll have all the staples such as tea, coffee (Nespresso), milk, sugar etc. You can also organize an organic breakfast to be made for you for an extra fee. The spa and wellness centre offers various therapies and treatments including reflexology and sophrology and you’ll find a more basic form of therapy in long strolls around the beautiful château grounds and farm, a mixture of woodland and parkland. There is a herd of deer at the property as well as some sheep and donkeys. THE LOCATION: The chateau is conveniently near to both Paris and Versailles; about a half an hour to Versailles and less than an hour from central Paris. There is an SNCF train station fairly close by at Rambouillet and you can arrange transfers to and from there so the chateau can be a alternative base for exploring the very touristy Versailles or even Paris. Rambouillet draws some tourists too though with its own very grand 14th-century chateau & former royal palace and makes for READ MORE
- Among the rich vineyards of the Pays de la Loire , France, this very beautiful, rustic farm stay is in an old manor house surrounded by lawns, vineyards, a small organic farm and 100 year old woodland. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 5 tastefully decorated rooms are comfortable and clean and have a certain old world elegance. They have private bathroom and WiFi and look out onto the the gardens, the farm and the lake, A very nice continental breakfast is served every morning and your hosts can also cook you some really fantastic regional cuisine some of which is made using the farm’s own produce. The owners used to run a restaurant in Paris and you will certainly not be disappointed by the food. THE FARM: The farm has a variety of animals, including horses, hens and peacocks. There is also an organic vegetable garden and a winery where the owners make their own range of organic wines. The owners are passionate about wine, and food, and love to show guests around the winery, allowing them to taste the produce and educate themselves a little on the delicate craft of organic winemaking. And they also organizes tours and visits to neighbouring vineyards. THE LOCATION: The Château borders the 100 kilometer wide Loire-Anjou-Touraine Regional Natural Park, which roughly follows the Loire River between Angers and Langeais. It’s a lovely area to explore with stretches of forest, hills and waterways interspersed with small farms and scenic towns. Candes-Saint-Martin is one such town with a lovely position overlooking the convergence of the Loire and Vienne rivers, the historic Chinon too is worth a visit, as is Crissay-sur-Manse, usually near the top of any kind READ MORE
- Near Bergarac, and the lovely village of Beaumont-du-Périgord, Aquitaine, France, Farm Stay Chambre d’Hotes Cugnac has spacious comfortable rooms with private bathrooms in a traditional French farmhouse with large gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. The farm is organic and produces a range of fruit, vegetables and honey, as well as keeping horses, ponies and hens. Every morning the friendly owners serve a great organic breakfast and for the rest of the day you can go exploring the adjacent woods, cycling around the country roads (bikes can be hired from the farm) or just relaxing in the gardens. The farm stay is under two hour’s drive from Bordeaux, about an hour from Perigueux, half an hour from Bergerac and about ten minutes from Beaumont-du-Périgord. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Superb continental breakfast completely sourced from the garden run by lovely helpful family…Kind and helpful with local knowledge. Nothing is too much trouble .Woody the dog is especially friendly at meal times. The property covers several acres full of wildlife….” “This is an amazing property and the ideal place to relax and enjoy a break. There is a lot to visit in the surroundings. The room was very spacious, clean and renovated offering a lot of storage space. The breakfast was all fresh with many homemade products and served on the terrace….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CHAMBRE D’HOTES CUGNAC: READ MORE
- In Saint-Damien, less than an hour from Quebec City, Canada, this family friendly farm stay is on a working goat farm with its own organic cheese factory. The accommodation is a two bedroom apartment which can host up to six people and with a full kitchen is fully self catering, though the friendly owners also serve a great fresh breakfast in the morning which includes of course some of their own home made cheeses. Guests are welcome to explore the farm, meet the animals and help out with the feeding or milking. The area around the farmstay has plenty to explore too. There is the Cycloroute bike trail for example which is about 7km from the farm and is a great way to travel the Bellechasse region. The Massif du Sud park and ski resort too is nearby and all around there are good hiking opportunities. READ MORE
- Agriturismo I Moresani has quality accommodation on its 200 acre family-run organic farm near the lovely Cilento Coast, south of Naples, & Salerno, Campania. The farm is a busy place with cows, pigs, goats, horses and hens, and produces a huge range of organic food products including extra virgin olive oil, salami, sweet and salty sausages, goat’s cheese, pasta, liqueur, wine, tomato puree, honey, biscuits, flour, pulses and more. It’s an extraordinary selection and all are available to try at the farm restaurant and to buy at the farm shop. THE ACCOMMODATION: The range of accommodation at the agriturismo is equally broad and consists of three separate buildings with a total of 9 rooms (doubles, triples and quadruples) and three self catering apartments. You’ll find all clean and comfortable and with a nice rustic Italian farmhouse feel. In the grounds outside there is a swimming pool surrounded by gardens and of course beyond that the farm where you can wander through the olive groves, vineyards and vegetable gardens enjoying the peace and quiet, and all the time surrounded by the rolling green hills of this very lovely and very underrated area of rural Italy. Food is of course a major part of the experience of Agriturismo I Moresani; the breakfast is fantastic, organic and can be adapted to suit dietary restrictions. You’ll be well advised to try the restaurant in the evening too too where you can enjoy to the full some fantastic meals; genuine home-made, slow food, with most of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm itself. Active types will appreciate the horse riding (They have their own horse riding school) and various activities and excursions can be arranged in the READ MORE
- Baglio Occhipinti Agriturismo is a peaceful rural retreat near Comiso Airport in the famous wine producing region of Ragusa, southern Sicily, known as the Cerasuolo di Vittoria. It offers stylish accommodation in a renovated 19th century manor house/winery that retains all of its rustic, traditional charm. Outside there are lovingly tended gardens with a swimming pool and the farm’s own vineyards and olive groves. You’ll find a cosy, family atmosphere at Baglio Occhipinti, they like to look after their guests, and there is some great home made organic food to be enjoyed too. THE ACCOMMODATION: The large farmhouse is a nice example of a traditional Sicilian manor house but one which has been carefully renovated, and with a great flair for interior design. It is spacious and minimalist, with lots of the old features showcased; wood beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and some lovely pieces of antique furniture. They have seven rooms in total, mostly doubles, and all B&B. All of them are vintage style, super comfortable and spotlessly clean, and they all have WiFi, central heating and air conditioning. In the main living room there is a large fireplace and plenty of space to relax and socialize with the friendly owners and the other guests. As mentioned before, the food is excellent here, from a generous fresh breakfast to some lavish evening meals. All of it is organic and home made with much of the ingredients coming from the farm itself. The menu is solidly traditional Sicilian and if you would like to recreate some of it at home they run daily cooking classes with the chef. And of course there is the wine, Baglio Occhipinti has its own selection READ MORE
- Beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area and the ancient Gondwana rainforest in New South Wales, Australia, The Tops is an award winning organic farmstay on a 2,000 acre estate. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is in the form of self contained, self catering cabins which are super comfortable and come with a full kitchen, a lounge with fireplace, bathroom with spa bath, and flat screen TV and WiFi. In the extensive grounds outside you’ll also find an outdoor swimming pool and a tennis court. The food here is another big attraction, with most of the ingredients coming direct from the farm or from other local organic farms, and they specialize in a variety of Sri-Lankan curries as well as other more mainstream Aussie food. Vegetarians will be well taken care of too, as will anyone with other dietary restrictions. It’s open for breakfast 7 days a week and for dinner on Wednesday to Saturdays. There’s a nice lounge area too at the main farmhouse with comfortable couches around an open fire and guests can play snooker, pool and table tennis or sample some of The Tops’ full range of Rosnay organic wines, Cooper ales and various home made organic juices. THE FARM: Their huge farm, all two thousand acres of it, is home to cows, goats, horses, geese, ducks and hens as well as numerous native wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, platypus, potoroos and rare white tailed eagles. Running through the farm there is two miles of the Dilgry River, well known as one of the cleanest in Australia, and a great fishing river. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is 2 hours from Newcastle and 3 and a half hours from Sydney, READ MORE
- Near the city of Parma in the lovely green countryside of Emilia-Romagna, Italy, Agriturismo Alba Del Borgo is a family run B&B with pet-friendly accommodation on its 175 acre organic hillside farm. It’s a fully working farm with wheat fields, vineyards, orchards, vegetable & herb gardens, free range hens and some gorgeous views over the surrounding countryside. They have a range of bright, spacious and modern rooms which all come with some lovely private bathrooms, WiFi, air con and flat screen TV. There is a shared lounge area at the farmhouse plus plenty of space to relax or dine outside, from where you can enjoy some of those lovely views. The agriturismo has its own excellent organic restaurant which uses the best of their own and other local organic ingredients. There is also a farm shop where you can buy some of their various farm products to take home; home made jams, preserves, purees, sauces and plenty more. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Unconditional recommendation: Outstanding food in the restaurant with local produce. Modern, clean and comfortable rooms. Extremely friendly and accommodating staff who make you feel very welcome….” “Dinner was exceptional-Excellent food and wine- Amazing chef! Staff was extremely welcoming and very helpful. The rooms were spotless – Absolutely loved this place….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO ALBA DEL BORGO: READ MORE
- The consistently highly rated Baan Nork Organic Farm Stay is conveniently near to Thailand’s gorgeous Khao Yai National Park and to its capital city, Bangkok. It offers accommodation in cute little cottages and bamboo huts on a working organic farm which has, amongst other things, cattle, hens and a range of exotic fruits and vegetables. The location is beautifully peaceful and quiet, the accommodation, though basic, is very clean and comfortable and you’ll find the owners, who speak excellent English, welcoming and friendly. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three double rooms at the farm stay plus a larger cottage which can sleep up to three people with the help of a sofa bed, a nice little bamboo hut, which is also a double and a little more space and more privacy than the rooms but doesn’t have a private bathroom. The outside bathrooms are large though, well maintained, clean and well equipped. There is no WiFi or TV here, it really is a place to get away from it all, but though it may lack in modern facilities it won’t disappoint in terms of comfort and cleanliness. The accommodation is all B&B and their traditional Thai breakfast is great, with most of the ingredients coming fresh, and organic, from the farm itself. They don’t do evening meals but the town of Pak Chong is just a few kilometers away where you can find some good restaurants and cafes, and the friendly owners can arrange transport if you need, plus they also rent bikes for you to tour the local area with. Guests are welcome to tour the farm, meet some of the animals, try out some of their exotic fruits, and READ MORE
- Rock Farm Slane, Co. Meath, Ireland, has a lot going on: It’s an eco-friendly, organic agritourism farmstay & activity centre with luxury glamping tents, yurts and huts on a section of the Slane Castle estate that stretches for 1.5km along the banks of the River Boyne. The long track down to the farm takes in views of Slane Village and the Hill of Slane beyond as you wind through fields of barley, forestry, cows, chickens and horses to the Limehouse Ecolodge beyond which has been built out of straw from the barley around. The Farm Office has a small shop selling organic meat and eggs from the farm as well as a few specials from the Slane Food Circle and other great local producers, including ice cream, cheese and local vegetables. A short walk from there you’ll find the glamping in a lovely woodland glade with views across the river valley to Slane Castle beyond. You can choose between their great selection of different sized yurts and huts, which all give access to a large shared kitchen, and all of which have their own seating area. And outside there is a hot tub and barbecue facilities. There’s plenty to do around the farm too, especially for kids, with organised rafting and kayaking, bikes for hire, tree climbing and straw bale making. And they also have a wellness centre with various therapies such as reiki, aromatherapy massage, hot stone massage and reflexology. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Castle View, cute animals on the farm, cosy shepherds hut. Awesome hot tub, lit by candlelight and the moon and stars….” “Loved everything! Amazing sunrise from the window of our ‘bedroom’! Great staff explained everything. READ MORE
- Hacienda de San Rafael, Andalucia, is a luxury agroturismo rural retreat between Seville and Jerez and close to the pleasant beaches of the Costa de la Luz. A boutique hotel in a restored 450 year old Hacienda farmhouse, it has rustic charm in abundance, but doesn’t forgo modern comforts or facilities. It has three swimming pools, two bars and a tremendous restaurant. The gardens are suitably beautiful with lush lawns and flower beds shaded by giant palm trees. And it also has a little organic garden farm from where it gets much of the ingredients for its highly rated food. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of rooms and suites, or what they call rooms and suites, as a more appropriate description would be suites and larger suites. All of the rooms are very spacious, over 40m² in fact, and all of them come with a separate sitting area and an outside verandah/terrace area. The suites are enormous really; a full 120m² in total. They are in the form of individual thatched cottages with their own private garden & terrace area, and an infinity pool to be shared with guests of the other suites. You’ll find both the rooms and the suites to be beautifully appointed, with a nice mix of antique furniture, art works and design touches that preserve the rustic ambience of an Andalusian farmhouse. The bathrooms are marble or slate and all have showers and separate bathtubs. The Hacienda exudes an old fashioned glamour but you can expect hotel facilities alongside the rustic decor; air con, WiFi, flat screen satellite TV etc. As mentioned above, there are two bars at the property and a restaurant which serves up some READ MORE
- This organic farm stay B&B, near Brisbane, Queensland, on Australia’s Sunshine Coast and just 10 minutes from Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo, has a large spacious suite on its small (by Australian standards!) farm with cows, alpacas, pigs and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three accommodation choices. There is the sleek, modern and spacious, suite which has its own separate lounge area with flat screen TV, DVD player and ipod docking station. It also comes with a kitchenette, plus an en-suite bathroom with a nice old style claw foot bathtub. Then there is the cosy ‘tiny house on wheels’ which has 2 bedrooms, 1 of which has a queen-sized bed, the other 2 single beds. There is a TV, reverse-cycle air-conditioning, a full kitchenette and a large terrace outside where you’ll find a BBQ. Finally it has a small bathroom with a shower and compost (no smell!) toilet. Note: the ‘tiny house on wheels’ accommodation involves stairs and a climbing ladder and is not suitable for children under the age of 7. Finally there is the bungalow which has two bedrooms, one with a king size bed and the other with two king size singles. It has a nice bathroom with a claw foot bath tub, and a kitchen and lounge. Outside there is a large outdoor terrace area with seating and a barbecue.Check out all your options on the booking page here. Guests have access to the entire farm and are welcome to help out with farm tasks such as feeding the animals, collecting fresh eggs etc. They also have an organic vegetable garden and the friendly owners give kitchen garden workshops where you can learn how to create your own READ MORE
- Costa di Faraggiana is a luxury agriturismo near Cinque Terre, Liguria, and a place to spoil yourself a lot. You can have the full Italian Agriturismo experience on the organic farm with vineyards, olive trees and the finest of food, while also enjoying a full range of spa and wellness treatments; Turkish bath, sauna, sensory shower, various massage and beauty treatments etc. The views are stunning from the farmhouse and there is a nice, and very well positioned to enjoy the view, infinity swimming pool and hot tub, and you’ll find the rooms and services on offer very much luxury hotel standard. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of rooms and suites to sleep up to four people. You’ll find them all very comfortable, spacious and beautifully decorated with pastel shades and nice antique pieces throughout. Every room has a seating area, study desk, and a very plush bathroom. And all of them will have access to some of the beautiful views that surround, with some of the more expensive options coming with a private terrace or balcony and outside seating. All the accommodation is B&B and there is a fantastic organic breakfast to look forward to, with lots of interesting sweet and savory options, many made with ingredients from their own gardens, and dietary restrictions will be well taken care of too. Between spending your time enjoying the infinity pool or hot tub and the fabulous food, you can also avail of some of their many spa, wellness & beauty treatments. THE LOCATION: On a hillside overlooking a lush green valley Agriturismo Costa di Faraggiana has an enviable setting. For the energetic amongst you the hills surrounding make for some READ MORE
- For a real slice of Greek, specifically Cretan, village life, you can rent this lovely self catering cottage (two nights minimum) at Orgon Farm, an organic olive farm near Heraklion. The area is peaceful and serene and the house is charmingly traditional, while not forsaking modern comforts. THE ACCOMMODATION: The cottage has one bedroom with two double beds, a bathroom and a kitchen and living room which also has a sofa bed so can sleep up to 6 people. Though it’s a one bed unit the house is a good size and comes with a nice, well equipped, kitchen. It really is a charming little place, in the classic Greek, traditional farmhouse style, and it has a terrace outside from where you can enjoy the lovely views over the the surrounding hills and farmland, and you’ll also find a hot tub, seating & sun loungers. The farm mainly produces olives, but also a really huge range of vegetables fruit and herbs, such as grapes, zucchini, thyme, sage, water melons, broccoli, mint, cabbage and cucumbers. And it is also home to some rabbits and hens. It is self catering, as mentioned, and you can be left alone as much as you like, but guests are always welcome to tour the farm and to partake in light farm work if they so wish, things like collecting the fruit, vegetables and herbs etc. You’ll find the owners helpful and welcoming and guests can sample some terrifically fresh organic ingredients straight from the farm, including breakfast supplies; fresh, homemade bread, eggs, tomatoes etc. For more supplies you can wander into the local town just down the road from the farm where you’ll also find READ MORE
- On the Somerset, Dorset borders, Toomer farm has B&B rooms in its lovely, Elizabethan era, country manor house, surrounded by 500 acres of prime farmland, and an adjoining equestrian centre. The property is steeped in history; it is rumoured locally that Elizabeth I once stayed here on her travels through the West Country, it is also nearby Thomas Hardy Country, and a stay here feels something like a gentle step back in time. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of comfortable B&B rooms which have an old style elegance in keeping with the atmosphere of the property. Outside there are some lovely old walled gardens, carp ponds and a dove cote. You’ll be treated to a fine, traditional English breakfast every morning too in the dining room. The huge farm these days produces a lot of organic beef and corn. It has horse stables which also date back hundreds of years and the farm itself is sometimes used as a venue for show jumping. Guests can organize horse riding around the farm too and are welcome to bring their own horses, there is good fishing to be enjoyed in the local area and this too can be easily arranged from the farm. THE LOCATION: Toomer is just outside the cute village of Henstridge, with the nearest larger town being Sherborne, about 6 miles away. The countryside in this part of England is beautifully idyllic; classic West Country terrain of rolling green hills and sleepy villages. Blackmore Vale is a lovely place for countryside walks and very close to the farmstay. Nearby too you can find such sights as Sherborne Castle, the spectacular Longleat House and its adjoining Safari Park, plus plenty READ MORE
- Cuevas del Pino is an agroturismo farm stay near Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain, which has some lovely quaint and rustic self catering cottages on its 60 acre organic farm. It also has the added intrigue of being set around an old stone quarry which has cave systems to explore and a cave house for overnight stays. The setting is quite unique and though just minutes from Cordoba city centre it is gorgeously peaceful. The hosts are friendly and charming and you’ll find a creative, bohemian vibe about with lots of activities to be enjoyed from yoga and meditation to photography and painting workshops, as well as various low key events; musical performances, micro theatre and film showings. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of four cottages, two of them are one double bedroom and two of them two bedroom, with the latter being able to sleep up to five people. They are all charmingly rustic and traditional in style, and with some nice antique furniture and art pieces decorating the space. They are also very clean and comfortable and with modern facilities. You’ll find a well equipped kitchen, a lounge area, and outside a nice private terrace area with tables, chairs and sun loungers. The most unique of the accommodation choices is of course the cave house. A clever bit of architecture, it is, as the name suggests, a cottage built in to a cave, with solid rock for (most of) the walls and ceilings. The design is that of an open plan loft and is super spacious and stylish. Though all the accommodation is of a high standard and thoroughly charming the cave house is understandably the most popular and so be READ MORE