No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best organic agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- This quality farm stay is on the beautiful island of Penang, north west Malaysia and has a range of rooms on its organic durian fruit farm with an outdoor swimming pool and gardens of flowers. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 traditional villa style rooms are spacious, clean and full of light. There is WiFi throughout the property and guests have access to the shared kitchen for cooking and dining and there are also some shared bathrooms and shower rooms, all of them clean and modern. Bike hire is also available at the farm to explore the surrounding area. THE FARM: For those of you not familiar with durian, though relatively unknown outside of South East Asia, it is extremely popular all over the region and is refreshing, tasty and super healthy. Though with a famously strong smell that a lot of people either love or hate! At Bao Sheng you can taste many different varieties of the fruit, learn a bit about their organic farming methods and the philosophy behind it. THE LOCATION: The surrounding area; a rural corner of Penang Island, is a tropical paradise, with swathes of green tropical hills and clean sandy beaches nearby. Teluk Bahang Dam is just a couple of miles away and a little farther on, the town of Teluk Bahang itself, a nice, low key beach town with a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. You’ll find such places as the Entopia Penang Butterfly farm and many more nature themed attractions, there, and all around the very scenic north coast of Penang The state capital George Town on the other side of the Island is an interesting city too, with a rich, cosmopolitan past that has been READ MORE
- This very cute, pet friendly, agriturismo B&B near Catania, Sicily, Italy, grows 100% organic citrus fruits and vegetables in a beautifully rural setting with Mt. Etna towering above. All their comfortable rooms and suites have a private bathroom and a terrace or balcony, some come with a kitchenette, but guests are also free to cook in the well equipped shared kitchen. Outside they have barbecue facilities in the garden and the surrounding area is really nice to explore by hiking or biking, especially the nearby Mt. Etna National Park, and the farm can offer free bike rental to do just that. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything: accommodation (perfect rustic design), very friendly owner, excellent breakfast, good location (in the nature and at the same time close to the city)….” “We truly loved our stay here. Cesare was a very kind and relaxed host. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing and the whole place just beautiful. We will come again!….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LA CASA DI PIPPINITTO: READ MORE
- This very popular organic & eco-friendly farm stay is just outside the city of Lagos on Portugal’s Algarve coast, with the nearest beach, Meia Praia, just four kilometres away while Faro airport is about 60 km. The farm produces a large range of organic fruit and vegetables in the fields and gardens, which you can buy for cooking at one of their self catering cottages, all of which come with a fully equipped kitchen, a lounge area with a flat screen TV, and a double bedroom and bathroom. They also have a small terrace at the front and outdoor seating space overlooking the gardens and the surrounding countryside. Apart from the beaches of the Algarve, the area around Quinta das Seis Marias is great for exploring; you’ll find plenty of places to go hiking and cycling, and you can hire bikes for free straight from the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful environment and comfortable accommodation. Able to pick herbs, tomatoes etc. right outside the front door….” “Fantastic! The hospitality, the place, the breakfast. It was amazing. They are doing everything to make it comfortable for you. Quiet place, close to the beach and the city….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DAS SEIS MARIAS: READ MORE
- The Heavens offers luxury cottages with spa baths on its own 160 acre, blissfully peaceful, slice of Kangaroo Valley countryside. It is very much a place to relax and completely unwind, and all well within two hours of Sydney. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are two one-bedroom and one two-bedroom cottages to choose from. All are spacious and fully contained with top of the range kitchen facilities, lounge with satellite TV, comfortable beds and spa baths/jacuzzis in the bathrooms. They all offer plenty of privacy and solitude and, from the verandah outside, you have lovely views over the surrounding farmland, and your own barbecue facilities. The Heavens does very much seem like a romantic getaway, with its double spa baths, king size beds and cosy gas fires, but they do also happily cater for families. Check out your options on the booking page here. The cottages overlook the farm where you’ll find alpacas, goats, pigs, hens, ducks and guinea fowl as well as a huge amount of the wildlife that Kangaroo Valley is famous for; kangaroos of course, plus wallaroos, wombats, wallabies, echidnas and plenty more. Guests are welcome to stroll around the farm and meet some of the animals go hiking around the bush or treat themselves to a massage package from their on-call professional masseuses. THE LOCATION: The Heavens is just 6km from Kangaroo Valley town and the whole area has loads to offer the outdoors types; horse riding, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing, fishing etc., and the scenery is, famously, simply gorgeous all around. Kangaroo Valley has plenty to offer food and wine lovers too. There are quite a few wineries which offer wine tours in the surrounding READ MORE
- Very near Coimbra, the 5 star Quinta das Lagrimas is part agroturismo, part Royal Palace and part luxury spa hotel, and had been a quiet sanctuary for Kings and Emperors for centuries, before recently opening its doors to paying guests. It is also the place where one of Portugal’s most infamous love stories took place; the story of Pedro & Inês. This was the XIVth-century love affair between Prince Pedro and Inês de Castro which lurched, as they all do, from deep romance to deep tragedy when Inês was murdered on the orders of King Alfonso, Pedro’s father. This famous story inspired the name of the property; Quinta das Lagrimas/The Estate of Tears, and these days it offers superb luxury in a setting that is uniquely atmospheric and compelling. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a great choice of B&B rooms and suites, ranging from more standard doubles to superb, top of the range, suites. Even the most ‘basic’ of rooms though are lovingly styled and come with a real touch of class. It is a five star hotel and you can expect the best in comfort and facilities but Quinta das Lagrimas differs in that it is a grand, stately property with a romantic, cultured, air that is impossible to find in more modern hotels. It is a joy to just wander around and soak in the atmosphere. Add to that the extensive botanical gardens outside with so many rare plant species from around the world, the excellent spa facilities, the indoor and outdoor swimming pools, the nine hole on site golf course and the two award winning gourmet restaurants, and you really have a break to remember. The seasonal restaurants serve READ MORE
- 6000 feet high up in canyon country, and with the stars at night as bright as ever you will see, Zion Mountain Guest Ranch has a range of upscale lodges and cabins on its historical ranch which borders the Zion National Park near Springdale, South Utah, U.S.A. It even has its own buffalo herd and is a perfect place for horseback riding vacations. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation consists of individual cabins and lodges that are rustic in style but spacious, modern, clean and comfortable, all of them coming with a private bathroom with bath, a fireplace, TV with satellite channels, and cooking facilities from basic kitchenettes to fully equipped kitchens. There is a sociable lounge and restaurant area at the main ranch house too where they serve meals all day and the food here is really first class, with much of the ingredients coming from the farm’s organic fruit and vegetable gardens. Note: There is WiFi but only in the communal lounge/dining area. THE FARM & RANCH: They have a small organic farm at Zion Mountain with an orchard, vegetable plots and some hens and chickens, but of course the main attraction here is the ranch, where a herd of buffalo roam as well as dozens of horses. There is plenty of horseback riding on offer at Zion, for all levels and they have guided rides along some lovely trails around the ranch and farther out into the park. The terrain isn’t too difficult but it is scenic, extraordinary peaceful, and makes for an experience not to be missed. You can book trail rides from one to four hours, which can include a picnic at the edge of one of those classic READ MORE
- Near the city of Florence and nearer still to Leonardo’s home town of Vinci, Chianti, Tuscany, Agriturismo Colle da Vinci is a classically rustic hillside farmhouse surrounded by organic olive groves and enjoys some stunning views of the Montalbano Valley, especially from the ideally placed swimming pool in the gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five pleasantly old style self catering farmhouse apartments, which can sleep up to four with one double bedroom and one double sofa bed in the lounge and children’s cots can also be provided if needed. You can check your options on the booking page here, and be advised there is a two night minimum stay. They are all spacious and well equipped and you’ll find them bright, airy and comfortable. Though the bathrooms err on the side of modern the general feel is of a homely, rustic Tuscan farmhouse, with wood beamed or brick ceilings, tiled floors and crisp white walls. WiFi and satellite flat screen TVs feature too though and the standards of comfort and cleanliness are certainly of the modern age. Outside they all have their own semi private space with table and chairs and with the agriturismo having such a wonderful hillside location there are wonderful views of the Montalbano Valley to be enjoyed from all around. The well tended gardens have a swimming pool from where you can also admire the views and in general there is plenty of space to lounge around or dine al fresco on the terraces or around the gardens. There’s a barbecue area too, and a play area for kids. The main business of the farm is in the making of organic extra virgin olive oil which READ MORE
- Quinta Do Mel Agroturismo is a peaceful and tranquil rural retreat near Portugal’s Algarve coast, and within easy reach of the cities of Albufeira and Faro. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farmstay can offer a self catering apartment plus a range of B&B rooms. All the rooms are super comfortable and clean and come with air con, WiFi, TV, private bathroom and under-floor heating, while the the self catering two bedroom apartment has all that plus a spacious lounge and kitchen. Outside there is a swimming pool in the gardens and plenty of space to relax with a seating area and sun loungers. THE FARM: There is an extensive eco-friendly organic farm at Quinta do Mel which breeds sheep and grows cork, fruits, vegetables and herbs and is now in its fourth generation of family ownership. The owners are enthusiastic about organic and eco-friendly farming techniques and are always happy to show guests around. They serve a great breakfast which is available at any time, and other good food and snacks can also be ordered throughout the day, many of the ingredients of which come straight from the farm including their own home made herbal teas and jams. THE LOCATION: Though very near Albufeira, Faro and the tourist masses of the Algarve, the farmstay and its immediate surroundings are very much peacefully rural. Most visitors never get to see this side of the Algarve but those that do find it a rich experience. The area, between the coast and the mountains of the north, is known as the Baroccal and it is classic Portuguese farming country with small white walled villages, rocky hills, fruit orchards and rolling plains of cork, olive and almond trees. The READ MORE
- Hidden among the Sangre De Cristo Mountains, near Taos, in the north of New Mexico, this is a peaceful and charming ecological farm stay with a number of self catering cabins on its 40 acre goji berry farm which also has a number of hens, sheep and goats. The old style cabins are rustic, homely and tastefully furnished. Outside the bedroom(s) you’ll find a well equipped kitchen, a lounge area and bathroom with a bathtub. The area around the farm is beautifully quiet and peaceful, surrounded by forest and mountains it gives a feeling of solitude that is both calming and inspiring; the type of place where creative types might come on retreat. It’s only about 15 minutes drive from the little town of Taos though, while the Taos Ski Valley and Red River can be reached in about a half hour. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “I love the whole farm setting. Chickens, llamas, goats, fruits, vegetables and the incredible quietness is what we needed it. Fully rested from stress. The little cabins were awesome, slept like a baby. The quietness of everything was exactly what I was looking for. Felt very connected with Nature and God. Breakfast was awesome and coffee was delightful. I will be back, for sure….” “Fabulous. It was super fun! Never stayed on a farm before… much better experience than I was expecting….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TAOS GOJI FARM: READ MORE
- Just outside Altenmarkt im Pongau, in the heart of Salzburg, Austria’s winter sports region, Romantische Appartements Sinnhubbauer is a beautifully situated organic farm stay, popular with families on holidays in summer and in winter as a base for skiing, with its easy access to the Ski Amadé and Zauchensee ski areas. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have both B&B rooms and self catering apartments in their traditional Austrian farmhouse and you’ll find all of them super clean, comfortable and modern, with flat screen TV, WiFi, private bathroom and a nice range of stylish wooden furniture. The B&B guests will be treated to a great breakfast every morning which includes organic ingredients from the farm like eggs and their own home made honey, yoghurt and jams. Outside in the gardens there is a large and very fun children’s playground with a game hut, swings, a sandpit, slides, go-carts, scooters, toy tractors, table football and table tennis. The farm is a working organic farm which is mainly busy with the production of milk from its around 40 dairy cattle. It has a number of different other animals too though; pigs, goats, rabbits, ducks and hens. There are some beehives at the farm too and it grows a range of organic fruits and vegetables. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farm is classic Salzburg, and famously beautiful in summer or winter; skiing and other winter sports dominate in winter, with some important resorts very near by, Ski Amadé and Zauchensee, for example, as well as a cross country ski route and a winter hiking trail right next to the farm. The nearest town is Altenmarkt im Pongau, less than 3km down the road. There you’ll find plenty of READ MORE
- Near Bergarac, and the lovely village of Beaumont-du-Périgord, Aquitaine, France, Farm Stay Chambre d’Hotes Cugnac has spacious comfortable rooms with private bathrooms in a traditional French farmhouse with large gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. The farm is organic and produces a range of fruit, vegetables and honey, as well as keeping horses, ponies and hens. Every morning the friendly owners serve a great organic breakfast and for the rest of the day you can go exploring the adjacent woods, cycling around the country roads (bikes can be hired from the farm) or just relaxing in the gardens. The farm stay is under two hour’s drive from Bordeaux, about an hour from Perigueux, half an hour from Bergerac and about ten minutes from Beaumont-du-Périgord. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Superb continental breakfast completely sourced from the garden run by lovely helpful family…Kind and helpful with local knowledge. Nothing is too much trouble .Woody the dog is especially friendly at meal times. The property covers several acres full of wildlife….” “This is an amazing property and the ideal place to relax and enjoy a break. There is a lot to visit in the surroundings. The room was very spacious, clean and renovated offering a lot of storage space. The breakfast was all fresh with many homemade products and served on the terrace….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CHAMBRE D’HOTES CUGNAC: READ MORE
- Casa Migliaca is a delightfully rustic agriturismo in Pettineo, near the town of Cefalù, Messina, Sicily. It has B&B accommodation in its hilltop farmhouse which comes beautifully shaded with organic orchard groves and has gorgeous views over the surrounding countryside and the Mediterranean beyond. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms are traditional style with wood beamed ceilings, rustic furniture and tiled floors. And all are comfortable, clean and spacious with private bathroom and WiFi. There is shared lounge at the farmhouse too, and a nice dining room. The outside space particularly has a beautifully natural feel; lots of plants and flowers running semi wild around the gardens creating an intimate atmosphere where long leisurely evening meals take place in the summer. Teresa, the owner and head chef, is very enthusiastic about Italian and Sicilian food and farming, and loves to share her knowledge with guests, through informal cooking classes and tours of the farm. The home made meals here are really excellent and many, if not most, ingredients, come straight from the farm outside. THE FARM: The farm is about 12 hectares in size and comes with its own water spring. A third area of the area is left as wild woodland where you can see plenty of local wildlife such as porcupines and foxes. The rest is cultivated using the biodynamic holistic farming principles of Demeter Bund, and has a wealth of fruits, vegetables and herbs; olives, oranges, lemons, pears, figs, almonds, plums, zucchini, aubergines, peppers and many more. Guests are welcome to pick and eat some of the produce themselves and you can also sample much of it too in their previously mentioned fantastic Sicilian meals. THE LOCATION: The views from READ MORE
- Costa di Faraggiana is a luxury agriturismo near Cinque Terre, Liguria, and a place to spoil yourself a lot. You can have the full Italian Agriturismo experience on the organic farm with vineyards, olive trees and the finest of food, while also enjoying a full range of spa and wellness treatments; Turkish bath, sauna, sensory shower, various massage and beauty treatments etc. The views are stunning from the farmhouse and there is a nice, and very well positioned to enjoy the view, infinity swimming pool and hot tub, and you’ll find the rooms and services on offer very much luxury hotel standard. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of rooms and suites to sleep up to four people. You’ll find them all very comfortable, spacious and beautifully decorated with pastel shades and nice antique pieces throughout. Every room has a seating area, study desk, and a very plush bathroom. And all of them will have access to some of the beautiful views that surround, with some of the more expensive options coming with a private terrace or balcony and outside seating. All the accommodation is B&B and there is a fantastic organic breakfast to look forward to, with lots of interesting sweet and savory options, many made with ingredients from their own gardens, and dietary restrictions will be well taken care of too. Between spending your time enjoying the infinity pool or hot tub and the fabulous food, you can also avail of some of their many spa, wellness & beauty treatments. THE LOCATION: On a hillside overlooking a lush green valley Agriturismo Costa di Faraggiana has an enviable setting. For the energetic amongst you the hills surrounding make for some READ MORE
- In the heart of Fethiye’s countryside, this organic farm stay has eco-friendly accommodation and a taste of traditional village life with outdoor activities for both children and adults. Pastoral Vadi is committed to the health of the environment and its guests. This unique farm property features organic vegetable plots, farmyard animals and a rustic ambience. A stay at Pastoral Vadi is a true learning experience. The friendly staff includes guests in all aspects of the farm and runs seasonal workshops, such as photography and yoga. Pastoral Vadi’s charming bungalows are made from stone, mud-brick or wood. Each one has been ecologically designed and all waste and used water is recycled. The produce used for meals has been grown on the farm or supplied by local farmers. Staff will teach guests how to prepare traditional Mediterranean cuisine. Children will find plenty to keep them entertained. There is a lovely animal farm and children’s arts and crafts workshops. They can also help out with tasks around the farm. Enjoy a relaxing escape from the stresses of 21st-century life in Yaniklar Village. Indulge in culture and art workshops and agricultural activities. Visit the local beach, just 10 minutes away. READ MORE
- This lovely organic farm stay is just 6km from the beaches of Lagos, Algarve, Portugal, and has B&B accommodation in an early 19th-century traditional Portuguese farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic style rooms are all hotel standard; clean, comfortable and spacious with en-suite bathroom and flat screen satellite TV. Most rooms have also a balcony or a terrace giving nice views of the nearby Algarve hills, and the Monchique Mountains to the north. There is a very good restaurant at the farmhouse too which serves up a range of organic Algarvian and Portuguese specialities, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from the farm, and on some summer evenings they also organize barbecues and traditional Portuguese ‘churrasco’ evenings in the garden. THE FARM: The farmhouse is surrounded by extensive, beautifully tended gardens and a small organic farm which has horses, goats and pigs, as well as various vegetables and over twenty different types of herb. Much of the farm produce ends up in the above mentioned excellent organic restaurant. There is a natural botanical swimming pool there too, and all around you’ll find plenty of space for sunbathing and outdoor dining. TTHE LOCATION: Though just 6km from some of the Algarve’s most popular beaches the immediate area around the farm stay is peaceful and rural. You’ll find the village of Odiaxere like all the small villages in the area to be slow paced and traditional, and with a whole different character to the mass tourist resorts of the coast. Horse riding trips around the countryside, plus various other excursions and tours, can be arranged at the Quinta. The nearest airport is Faro, 85 kilometres away, and transfers to and from there READ MORE
- Domaine de Gressac is a luxury organic agriturismo vineyard hotel/farm stay gite, near Avignon in the south of France, which is part winery part horse breeding farm. The accommodation is in the form of luxury, self catering, old stone cottages, the property, both inside and out, is nothing short of gorgeous, and is surrounded by a full 280 acre estate comprising of vineyard, pastureland, woodland and even a river beach. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are in the form of very charming stone cottages, with the largest being able to sleep up to 7 people. They are all built quite recently from the stones and beams of the old farmhouse which was lying in ruins before the present owners lovingly restored the entire place. Though technically new in that case, the gites feel thoroughly authentic, like classic south of France farm cottages but with very much modern levels of comfort and facilities. The furniture and fittings are all nicely chosen, though mainly contemporary they don’t seem to detract from the beautifully rustic feel of the property. They all have plenty of space, with good sized lounge & sitting areas, plush kitchens and bathrooms, and come with all mod cons; flat screen TV, air-con, WiFi etc. Beautiful as the gites are, the estate that surrounds them is even more impressive. There are the lovingly tended gardens and lawns with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for lounging around. Then there are the vineyards, from which the owners produce a range of reds, whites and rosés, all of which are organic. There is an on-site winery at the property too; the entire process is done in house and you can arrange READ MORE
- Agriturismo Nurazzolas has highly rated self catering accommodation in a wonderfully peaceful location just minutes from the the east coast of Sardinia. The farm is eco-friendly and organic, producing extra virgin olive oil, various vegetables as well as keeping animals; donkeys, goats, peacocks and chickens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The main farmhouse is divided up into four apartments each with a living room, fully equipped kitchen, one or two bedrooms (to sleep up to four, ie. with one double and two single beds), and each comes with nice private terrace area with views of the surrounding countryside and the sea in the distance. The Nurazzolas farmhouse has been designed along eco- friendly principles; their electricity needs come from solar panels and they have a wastewater purification and recycling irrigation system in place. Their farm is also organic and though the accommodation is self catering they provide you with fresh organic ingredients to make your daily breakfast with. Their goats produce milk which goes into home made yoghurt which you are welcome to try, the same going for their organic extra virgin olive oil and vegetables. The views are splendid from the farmhouse, and from around the farm, and you are just minutes away from the warm, welcoming waters of the Mediterranean. THE LOCATION: This quiet, unassuming, countryside and villages around Agriturismo Nurazzolas have much historical heritage; the 700 year old hilltop Castle of Quirra and the nearby Tower of Murtas, which have stunning sea views, for example, or the sacred well of Is Pirois and the Romanesque, riverside, 13th century church of San Nicola, to name but a few. The coastal area here, around Porto Corallo, is interesting and diverse with a long READ MORE
- The Donnybrook Eco-Retreat is an off-grid property that provides luxury, safari style, glamping tents in 100 acres of gorgeously peaceful, lush Hunter Valley countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three tents in total, all of which are doubles with queen size bed. One, the Billabong tent is self-contained with its own kitchenette, and sits by itself by a dam while the other two, the Valley View & Hill View, sit near each other on a small hillside. The latter two tents are linked by raised decks and separated by a lovely cedar clad yurt which has a well equipped kitchen and dining area for the use of guests in both tents. If looking for splendid isolation some might find them a little too close to each other and so will be happier with the Billabong tent, but they do allow for some degree of socializing with other guests if you so wish. Check out your options on the booking page here. The accommodation is self catering but a farm fresh breakfast pack is included in the rate and, as the name suggests, features some organic products straight from their own farm. You’ll find the surrounds remarkably peaceful, especially if you’re coming from Sydney. Feel free to wander around the 100 acres of bush and grassland with its farm animals; sheep, ducks, miniature goats and hens, and a huge amount of local wildlife. You can take a swim in the indoor swimming pool (seasonal), borrow a bike from the retreat, go kayaking or fishing too, and of course there is lots to see in the surrounds; the iconic Hunter Valley. Note: There is no Wifi at the retreat. THE LOCATION: Donnybrook Eco is close READ MORE