No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best organic agriturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in Spain in 2023! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Agroturismo Turmaden des Capita is a top quality farm stay in a restored 19th-century traditional Menorcan farm house surrounded by limousin cattle, horses, bee hives, olive trees and vegetable plots on its 75 hectare organic, eco-friendly farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: The entire house can be rented or individual rooms, which have a flat screen TV and WiFi and access to the shared kitchen and lounge. And outside there is a nice terrace with outdoor seating, a swimming pool and barbecue facilities. THE FARM: The organic, eco-friendly farm contains limousin cattle, horses, bee hives and olive trees. Adjacent there is also a small area of protected oak forest, and, quite uniquely, is the site of the ruins of a small necropolis typical of the ancient Menorcan Pretalayotic culture, which dates back to between 3,000 and 1,600 BC. THE LOCATION: The farm lies in an area known as “Es Plans d’Alaior”, between the villages of Alaior and Mercadal in the centre of the Island and is about 20 minutes by car to Mahon city and airport, with the nearest beach being about 15 minutes away. Bikes can be hired from the farm and you can also arrange horse riding too. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Central location in the island, delicious breakfast, super comfortable room, nice swimming pool and friendly staff! I definitely recommend and would go back again!….” “An experience you can’t afford to miss. Where to begin? What an amazing experience! What a place! But more importantly what a nice couple who are running this establishment….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGROTURISMO TURMADEN DES CAPITA: READ MORE
- Hotel Mastinel, in Vilafranca del Penedes near Barcelona, Catalonia/Catalunya, certainly isn’t your average farmhouse; It’s a five star vineyard hotel in a very striking and architecturally unique property that represents bottles of wine laid flat. THE ACCOMMODATION: As you might imagine in such a building the rooms are also unique from inside ‘the bottle’. They are also stylish and very comfortable, with WiFi and flat screen TV, work desk, mini fridge, private bathroom (which in most rooms comes with a bath) and all have nice views over the vineyards below. There is a really top class, but still excellent value, restaurant, a wine shop and a wine therapy room on the premises. The property is large and has lots of public space for indoor and outdoor dining and drinking, as well as a swimming pool in the gardens. THE FOOD & WINE: It has won many awards for its design but its not the only attraction, the quality of the accommodation, the service, the Catalan and Mediterranean cuisine and of course the wine and cava, are all excellent and it all together makes for a truly luxurious experience. But where Hotel Mastinell differs from a usual 5 star hotel is in terms of educating its guests; they do very good on site wine tasting sessions, vineyard and culinary tours and allow guests to watch the preparation of the rich variety of Catalan and Mediterranean cuisine they serve in the restaurant. You can also organize more formal cooking classes with their chefs too. So all in all a quite immersive experience for the food and wine lover. THE LOCATION: The surrounding area is peaceful and tranquil and is popular place for well heeled residents of Barcelona to get their rural fix. Activities include horse riding, cycling and hiking in the nearby hills and mountains, and tours can be arranged from the reception staff, who can be relied upon to give good recommendations of what to see and do in the area. It’s about 45 minutes by car to central Barcelona, while the beaches of Sitges and Vilanova i la Geltrú are just about 20 minutes away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A gem READ MORE
- Near to both Seville & Cordoba but very much in the wilds of northern Andalucia, Spain, this charming farm stay has a variety of rooms and suites on a working organic farm with an outdoor swimming pool. It offers horse riding lessons too and has ready access to some of Europe’s most enchanting landscapes including the beautiful Sierra Norte de Sevilla Nature Reserve. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of rooms; both doubles and triples as well as a larger double suite. And all of the rooms are spacious and clean and come with with private bathroom, WiFi, air conditioning, and heating. There is also a very nice outdoor terrace with barbecue facilities and of course the swimming pool. And the owners can provide a very good breakfast every morning for a small extra charge which includes some of the farm’s own organic produce. THE FARM: The main attraction at the farmtay are the horses; they train horses here and can provide horse riding lessons to guests as well as horse riding tours in the surrounding area. It’s not just horses though, they have an orchard and vegetable plots and they also keep sheep goats, hens and a peacock, and guests are welcome to meet all of them. THE LOCATION: The surroundings; the Sierra Norte de Sevilla Nature Reserve is a truly spectacular region full of old European wildlife that have been pushed to, or towards, extinction in most other parts of the continent: Imperial eagles, black vultures, black storks, mongeese, wolves and wild boar to name but a few. There are some great hiking trails around, and mountain biking and horse riding can be arranged through the farmhouse. More lively guests can go climbing on the Cerro del Hierro, exploring underwater caves in the reserve’s many gorges or watersports at the El Pintado reservoir The area has what’s know as a Starlight Certification, which is to say that such is the lack of artificial light in this remote region that the stars at night seem to shine extra brightly, as bright almost as they would have done thousands of years ago. If you’ve spent most of your life READ MORE
- One of the most illustrious properties on FarmStayPlanet, Hacienda Zorita near Salamanca, Spain, is a luxury wine hotel & spa on a picturesque 14th century Dominican Estate that even back then served as a ‘casa hospitalaria‘, i.e. a lodging house, and an organic (no choice not to be organic in those days!) farm, exactly as it does today. It is a very much a place to spoil yourself with the finest of food, wine and spa facilities to be enjoyed. And even in medieval times it was able to attract some high profile guests with Christopher Columbus having stayed here on a fund raising tour before his voyage of discovery to the Americas. The location is fantastic too. It sits by the famous Duero River, in an area famous for having some of Spain’s best wineries, including Hacienda Zorita itself of course, and is also very near the UNESCO World Heritage City of Salamanca, a must see in central Spain. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of B&B rooms and suites, all of which are beautifully appointed, spacious, clean and comfortable but with a distinct rustic style in keeping with the historical nature of the property. You will find the usual suspects in every room; air-conditioning, minibar, WiFi, satellite TV, DVD player, plus some terrific massage showers in the bathrooms. Pieces of art and antiques abound throughout the property, in both the rooms and the common areas, of which there are many, including lounges, bars and dining rooms. The grounds are lovely to wander around too; around the banks of the Duero River, and through the beautifully landscaped gardens. Pamper yourself then at the excellent spa facilities (which have some unique olive, and wine, skin treatments amongst others), retire to one of the lounges or bars, catch a movie in the film room maybe, or enjoy some fresh, top quality farm to table food, and vineyard to table wine, in one of the dining rooms. You can also enjoy wine and cheese tasting sessions and arrange yoga sessions, picnics on the lawn or even catch a movie at the open air cinema (open in summer only!). Farther afield are the vineyards READ MORE
- Tambor Del Llano is a lovely farmstay on an organic, eco-friendly farm in Grazalema, Spain, a small village hidden away in the Andalucian mountains between Cadiz and Malaga, and just north of Marbella. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of very clean and comfortable rooms, ten in total, all with a patio, terrace or balcony and free WiFi, and there is access to a shared lounge with TV and the on-site restaurant which serves some very good local food. Feel free to explore the farm where there are Merino sheep and some of the world famous Andalucian horses. There is a lot of local flora to be seen too; wild olive, oak and cork trees, lavender, laburnum and thyme plants to name but a few. THE LOCATION: The farmstay itself is in the Parque National de la Sierra de Grazelema, which is a gorgeously wild and scenic part of Andalucia. You’ll find some great hiking trails around here as well as rock climbing, and horse riding trips can be arranged from the farm. The nearest city (and airport) is Marbella, about an hour and a half drive to the south, while Andalucia’s biggest city, Seville, is about two hours north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely gorgeous surroundings, super friendly staff, stylish interior. A real gem in the otherwise rustic accommodation space in the area. Would return in an instant!…” “Everything was amazing! The house is located in the incredibly beautiful natural reserve. Room was clean and comfortable with the balcony facing the greenery and mountains. Stunning view from the terrace. Excellent dinner. The horse ride was such a pleasure – the horses are very calm, picturesque trails, friendly guide. Perfect place to stay some days and explore the trails and villages of Grazalema Park on foot or by car. Helpful and friendly stuff. Definitely would like to return….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TAMBOR DEL LLANO: READ MORE
- In the tiny village of Mairena within Granada’s Sierra Nevada Park, Andalucia, Spain, Las Chimeneas farmstay has a mixture of B&B and self-catering accommodation in a lovingly decorated village house full of antiques and traditional furniture. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of B&B rooms at the main house plus three adjoining self catering apartments, one of which is two bedrooms, the others both one bedroom. There is an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens, and throughout the property the views of the surrounding countryside are superb, with the surrounding Sierra de Gador and Sierra Contaviesa mountains and the coast far off in the distance to the south. The meals here are excellent, the English owners are food enthusiasts and collect much of the ingredients from their own small organic farm. They serve a great and varied breakfast every morning at the informal on site restaurant plus evening meals too. Guests can watch their food being cooked if they like and get lessons on how to make some traditional Alpujarran (the local region) recipes come to life. THE FARM: Their small farm is just outside the village, has a stream running through it, and contains various fruits and vegetables; olives, almonds, cherries, oranges and apricots, as well as some wild grape vines. Guests are of course welcome to explore the farm, to visit and relax or if they like give a hand with collecting some of the produce. You can also learn a little about making local cheeses, soups, soaps and olive oil during informal demonstrations, plus yoga classes and ‘foraging mornings’, where a local guide can show you the best spots around the village for sourcing wild thyme, fennel, asparagus and mushrooms that you can bring back to cook with later. THE LOCATION: The tiny, isolated, village of Mairena is a wonderful find for anyone looking to experience typically slow paced Andalucian village life. You’ll find it absolutely a world away from the tourist zones of the coast. As mentioned above it’s also within the Sierra Nevada, so you’ll also find some world class hiking and mountain biking as well as bird watching, and the owners are always on READ MORE
- Hacienda de San Rafael, Andalucia, is a luxury agroturismo rural retreat between Seville and Jerez and close to the pleasant beaches of the Costa de la Luz. A boutique hotel in a restored 450 year old Hacienda farmhouse, it has rustic charm in abundance, but doesn’t forgo modern comforts or facilities. It has three swimming pools, two bars and a tremendous restaurant. The gardens are suitably beautiful with lush lawns and flower beds shaded by giant palm trees. And it also has a little organic garden farm from where it gets much of the ingredients for its highly rated food. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of rooms and suites, or what they call rooms and suites, as a more appropriate description would be suites and larger suites. All of the rooms are very spacious, over 40m² in fact, and all of them come with a separate sitting area and an outside verandah/terrace area. The suites are enormous really; a full 120m² in total. They are in the form of individual thatched cottages with their own private garden & terrace area, and an infinity pool to be shared with guests of the other suites. You’ll find both the rooms and the suites to be beautifully appointed, with a nice mix of antique furniture, art works and design touches that preserve the rustic ambience of an Andalusian farmhouse. The bathrooms are marble or slate and all have showers and separate bathtubs. The Hacienda exudes an old fashioned glamour but you can expect hotel facilities alongside the rustic decor; air con, WiFi, flat screen satellite TV etc. As mentioned above, there are two bars at the property and a restaurant which serves up some outstanding seasonal Andalusian food much of the ingredients of which; herbs, fruits and vegetables, come fresh from the organic garden farm outside. You can start the day with a generous fresh breakfast, sample some tapas later and then enjoy a full multi course evening meal with unlimited wine to end the day with. You can choose to dine outside on the terrace or around the swimming pool in the gardens if you wish. Various relaxation treatments, massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and READ MORE
- Hospederia La Era is a boutique, eco-friendly, hotel surrounded by olive groves in the village of Almedinilla, near to both Cordoba and Granada, as well as the Costa del Sol, in Andalucia, Spain. It gets rave reviews from guests for its tranquil, peaceful location, its excellent organic food and the warmth, friendliness and enthusiasm of its owners. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of nicely decorated and styled rooms and suites, all of which are bright, modern and clean but retain a pleasant rustic, Andalusian farmhouse vibe, with wood beamed ceilings, antique furniture and traditional tiles alongside the air-con, flat screen TV & WiFi. They all have a seating area too, with the two level suite’s being downstairs from the bedroom. You’ll find the bathrooms in all of them particularly nice; traditional style, with coloured tiles and appealing designer sinks. Outside there are the gardens and olive groves, you’ll find a terrace, a swimming pool on the lawns with hammocks and loungers, and plenty of space for relaxing, dining and socializing, and lovely views all around. They have their own wine cellar here and the wine, and more especially the food, is a highlight. The owners have a flair for cooking and serve up some great breakfasts and evening meals using their own, and locally produced, organic and eco-friendly ingredients as much as possible. They are particularly enthusiastic about their extra virgin olive oil and can offer tasting sessions while also teaching you a bit about what goes in to its production. Note: No children and no pets allowed! THE LOCATION: Around the farm and the cute, very Andalusian, village of Almedinilla, there are olive groves, oak trees and swaths of Mediterranean forest all around the rocky hills. It is a charming area, and will appeal greatly to nature lovers. Just 14 km away is the Sierras Subbéticas Nature Reserve, a wonderfully wild place full of interesting plant and animal life and some superb hiking. You can drive there if you have transport or if you like set off on one of the free bikes on offer at the Hospederia. The nearest major city is Granada, a little less than an READ MORE
- Cas Gasi Boutique Hotel is a luxury hideaway surrounded by carob, almond and fig trees, olive groves and vegetable gardens on a small organic farm in rural Ibiza. The surrounding countryside is peaceful and quaint but still conveniently near Ibiza City/Old Town and some of the island’s best beaches (around 15 minutes drive). With some top quality food, excellent spa facilities and the highest levels of service, you will find yourself very much pampered. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of ten rooms and suites, to sleep up to four people, and all of which are clean and comfortable, and elegantly furnished in a chic, bohemian style. There is a swimming pool outside, yoga areas, the above mentioned spa with sauna, whirlpool/hot tub, a fully-equipped gym and an outdoor yoga deck. They also offer a range of therapies and treatments from beauty therapy and massage to yoga classes and Naturopathy Nutrition coaching with their own in-house nutritionist. The restaurant is a particular highlight with much, if not most, of the ingredients for their tasty and healthy food coming directly from the organic farm outside. Free range eggs are freshly collected for breakfast in the morning, and a whole range of fruits, herbs and vegetables are harvested daily. Most of the food is farm to table in the least time possible with everything else, meat and seafood for example, locally sourced. They have an on site bar too, and an extensive wine list too with a great selection of international wines. THE LOCATION: In the heart of rural Ibiza, Cas Gasi Agroturismo is a true hideaway. You’ll find the surrounding countryside peaceful and quiet, a world away from the many touristic hotspots around the island. Ibiza being small though you can still be in the old town in around 15 minutes by car, and around the same to San Antonio and some of the island’s most popular beaches too. This being a luxury agroturismo you can avail of the concierge services for such things like booking restaurants and clubs, boat tours, various excursions shuttle services, taxis, childcare etc. And of course you can get all the best advice about what to do and where READ MORE
- In Pla del Penedès, near Barcelona, and in the heart of Catalonia’s wine region, B&B wine and cooking Penedès specializes in exactly that, producing its own organic wines and cava and offering guests a variety of very good vineyard tours, wine tasting and cooking classes. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a number of B&B rooms in the nicely renovated 17th-century farmhouse, and all of them are comfortable and clean with WiFi, flat screen TV and private bathroom. And outside there is plenty of space to relax in the terrace and gardens which also have a children’s play area. THE WINE & THE FOOD: The enthusiastic owners offer very good cooking classes (In English, Spanish or Catalan) where you can learn to prepare a range of Catalan and Spanish classic dishes such as Pa amb tomàquet with jamón ibérico, gazpacho, crema catalana and a number of seasonal tapas. Though not professional chefs their food is of a very high quality and they provide a generous buffet breakfast in the morning as well as various meals and snacks throughout the day. Guests are always welcome to tour their vineyard and discover more about the process of organic wine making. They can also arrange tours and tasting sessions at the nearby organic and biodynamic winery; Parés Baltà. You’ll also find an organic shop at the farmstay where you can take home some local wines, cava and olive oil. THE LOCATION: In terms of location, the town of Puigdàlber is less than five minutes away by car, Vilafranca del Penedès around the same. Your nearest beach will be at Sitges, around 20 minutes to the south, while the nearest airport is Barcelona El Prat, at about 50km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Could not possibly have been better! It was perfect. A beautifully restored Catalonian rural home, set in the middle of the vineyards of Penedés. Marta, the host, could not possibly have done any more to make our stay more amazing. She organised all of our visits to wineries, provided bikes for us to cycle around, made recommendations for meals, booked taxis, and generally took care of our every need….” “A beautiful location, delicious READ MORE
- Cuevas del Pino is an agroturismo farm stay near Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain, which has some lovely quaint and rustic self catering cottages on its 60 acre organic farm. It also has the added intrigue of being set around an old stone quarry which has cave systems to explore and a cave house for overnight stays. The setting is quite unique and though just minutes from Cordoba city centre it is gorgeously peaceful. The hosts are friendly and charming and you’ll find a creative, bohemian vibe about with lots of activities to be enjoyed from yoga and meditation to photography and painting workshops, as well as various low key events; musical performances, micro theatre and film showings. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a choice of four cottages, two of them are one double bedroom and two of them two bedroom, with the latter being able to sleep up to five people. They are all charmingly rustic and traditional in style, and with some nice antique furniture and art pieces decorating the space. They are also very clean and comfortable and with modern facilities. You’ll find a well equipped kitchen, a lounge area, and outside a nice private terrace area with tables, chairs and sun loungers. The most unique of the accommodation choices is of course the cave house. A clever bit of architecture, it is, as the name suggests, a cottage built in to a cave, with solid rock for (most of) the walls and ceilings. The design is that of an open plan loft and is super spacious and stylish. Though all the accommodation is of a high standard and thoroughly charming the cave house is understandably the most popular and so be sure to book well ahead of time. Outside there are some nicely tended gardens and an outdoor swimming pool with plenty of space for relaxing. Beyond that there is the farm, an organic, eco-friendly project that grows a variety of fruits and vegetables including beet-root and sweet corn. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is conveniently near Cordoba, a popular destination for tourists in Andalusia and one which rivals Granada for its rich Moorish history and heritage. By car the journey READ MORE