No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best pet friendly/dog friendly agriturismo farm stays & ranch stays in Australia in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Just over two hours from Melbourne, near Victoria’s Great Ocean Road and just five minutes from Johanna Beach, Johanna River Farm has pet friendly, and family friendly self catering cottages with lovely ocean views. The farm is a 280 acre working farm with animals including sheep, goats, hens and ducks. THE ACCOMMODATION: The cosy cottages, which can sleep up to four, are spacious, comfortable and stylish, and all have an outside terrace with seating from where you can enjoy some great views of the ocean and the surrounding countryside. There are barbecue facilities outside too and inside you can prepare meals in the well equipped kitchens. You’ll also find spacious lounges with TV and DVD players, and one cottage has its own spa bath. Check your options out on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: There is a lot to do in the surrounding area; there is the lovely Johanna Beach just five minutes down the road while the Otway Fly Treetop Walk and the Cape Otway Lighthouse Station are both less than a half an hour away. Slightly farther away there are more attractions to be explored like the Otway Fly Treetop Walk, Apollo Bay and the iconic Twelve Apostles. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Quaint & quiet farm stay, excellent for young kids! The hospitality by Helen & Julian was awesome. The animals were so friendly. highly recommended :)…” “The hosts and farm animals were super friendly and the beach was just a short drive away! Also very accessible to major sites like 12 Apostles, Port Campbell and Apollo Bay. Overall an excellent experience I would highly recommend….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT JOHANNA RIVER FARM: READ MORE
- On the edge of the outback in New South Wales, Australia, this pet friendly farm stay, halfway between Sydney and Adelaide, is a great way to experience an authentic Australian sheep station and large farm producing irrigated crops. THE ACCOMMODATION: All cottages have modern comforts including five star bedding, air conditioning and heating. Full kitchen and dining facilities for self catering with dinner hampers also available. Full breakfast hampers are included free of charge in the rate for the one and two bedroom cottages. THE FARM: Corynnia Station is an old working station and farm tours with your hosts are usually available. There is also a magnificent garden oasis with a swimming pool and tennis courts. You’ll find pushbikes and friendly animals, bushwalking, amazing 360 degree skies perfect for star gazing as well as paddock picnics and campfires during the cooler months. THE LOCATION: Guests can travel by car – no 4×4 vehicle required – or they can fly direct by private plane to the Corynnia Station Airstrip. Guests need to bring a full tank of fuel because there is no fuel supply available within 65 kilometres of Corynnia Station. Do not use GPS as it will not give you correct travel times and directions. Corynnia Farm Station is one hours drive from Hay and 45 minutes from Griffith. Full, detailed directions will be given after reservation. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The station was awesome. Felt relaxed and was such a beautiful place to stay the sunrise and sunset….” “Wonderful cottage stay in a beautiful setting. Can only recommend!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CORYNNIA STATION FARM STAY: READ MORE
- Margaret River Hideaway & Farmstay is a 57 acre bushland farm in Western Australia that has eight very comfortable self catering cottages surrounded by a host of farm animals and plenty of local wildlife too. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their dog-friendly accommodation come in various sizes with the larger cottages being able to sleep up to six people. They all have a patio with BBQ facilities, a flat screen LCD TV & DVD player. All of them have a fully equipped kitchen except the studio option, which has a smaller, but still useful, kitchenette. The accommodation is self catering though on arrival the hospitable owners greet guests with a free breakfast starter pack which includes cereal, juices, milk and fresh bread. And if the hens are hatching when you’re there you are also welcome to use their eggs any time. THE FARM: The farm covers 57 acres and is home to a number of different animals; Scottish Highland cattle, Dorper sheep, emus, guinea fowl ducks, geese, hens and peacocks. You can arrange guided tours of the farm and meet the animals, with every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday being feeding time where the guests are welcome to join in. THE LOCATION: The Farm Stay is less than 5 minutes north along Osmington Road from Margaret River township, with both Margaret River Golf Club and Prevelly Beach each being about 15 minutes away. There is lots to see and do in the Margaret River region. There are some great bush walking trails around with jarrah, karri and marri forestlands where you can see a whole range of native wildlife. A spectacular coastline that is very much a mecca for swimmers and particularly surfers, and where you can go whale watching (from Augusta and Dunsborough). You can do lots of outdoor adventure sports in the region too, like canoeing, rock climbing, abseiling and caving, as well as more conventional sports like golf and tennis. The town of Margaret River too is a lovely place to hang out, famous for its food and wine, you’ll find some of Australia’s best here; with lots of boutique wineries and vineyards to visit, restaurants, cafes, galleries and farmer’s READ MORE
- Daisy Cottage is a charming self catering cottage on a working farm near Perth, the Avon Valley and the historic town of Northam. The farm which has sheep, horses and hens, has a long history with the main farmhouse being a wonderfully grand old mansion dating all the way back to 1836. THE ACCOMMODATION: The rustic cottage has two comfortable double bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and a large lounge and dining area. Outside you have a nice veranda with plenty of space for lounging and outdoor dining, and has lovely views over the farm, the lake and the surrounding countryside. There is an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens too, and barbecue facilities. THE LOCATION: The farm is in the lovely Avon Valley, just over an hour north east of Perth, less than 15 minutes from the historic town of Northam and just over 20 from Toodyay. The area is very picturesque and famous for its wine and food. You’ll find many wineries in the area offering a whole host of wine tourism activities, and many great restaurants too. There is also plenty of wild open countryside around with great hiking trails around the nearby Avon Valley National Park and the Julimar State Forest. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely rustic location, open farmland with sheep, horses and chickens. Full featured kitchen with plenty of cookware. Whole family loved it….” “The property is very picturesque. The cottage was well presented and very comfortable. It has very thing we needed and even a laundry. The main house is gorgeous. Perfect host, perfect for a night away or even a wedding….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT DAISY COTTAGE: READ MORE
- Beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area and the ancient Gondwana rainforest in New South Wales, Australia, The Tops is an award winning organic farmstay on a 2,000 acre estate. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is in the form of self contained, self catering cabins which are super comfortable and come with a full kitchen, a lounge with fireplace, bathroom with spa bath, and flat screen TV and WiFi. In the extensive grounds outside you’ll also find an outdoor swimming pool and a tennis court. The food here is another big attraction, with most of the ingredients coming direct from the farm or from other local organic farms, and they specialize in a variety of Sri-Lankan curries as well as other more mainstream Aussie food. Vegetarians will be well taken care of too, as will anyone with other dietary restrictions. It’s open for breakfast 7 days a week and for dinner on Wednesday to Saturdays. There’s a nice lounge area too at the main farmhouse with comfortable couches around an open fire and guests can play snooker, pool and table tennis or sample some of The Tops’ full range of Rosnay organic wines, Cooper ales and various home made organic juices. THE FARM: Their huge farm, all two thousand acres of it, is home to cows, goats, horses, geese, ducks and hens as well as numerous native wildlife including koalas, kangaroos, platypus, potoroos and rare white tailed eagles. Running through the farm there is two miles of the Dilgry River, well known as one of the cleanest in Australia, and a great fishing river. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is 2 hours from Newcastle and 3 and a half hours from Sydney, while the town of Gloucester is about 45 minutes away. As mentioned before it is in an enviable setting; right beside Barrington Tops World Heritage Area with the ancient Gondwana Rainforest surrounding it. Trips around, and tours of, the surrounding area can be organized at the farmhouse where you’ll find plenty of opportunity for fishing, horse riding, kayaking and mountain bike riding. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful setting, a wonderful peaceful getaway, lovely comfortable accommodation and the staff are so READ MORE
- This organic farm stay B&B, near Brisbane, Queensland, on Australia’s Sunshine Coast and just 10 minutes from Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo, has a large spacious suite on its small (by Australian standards!) farm with cows, alpacas, pigs and hens. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have three accommodation choices. There is the sleek, modern and spacious, suite which has its own separate lounge area with flat screen TV, DVD player and ipod docking station. It also comes with a kitchenette, plus an en-suite bathroom with a nice old style claw foot bathtub. Then there is the cosy ‘tiny house on wheels’ which has 2 bedrooms, 1 of which has a queen-sized bed, the other 2 single beds. There is a TV, reverse-cycle air-conditioning, a full kitchenette and a large terrace outside where you’ll find a BBQ. Finally it has a small bathroom with a shower and compost (no smell!) toilet. Note: the ‘tiny house on wheels’ accommodation involves stairs and a climbing ladder and is not suitable for children under the age of 7. Finally there is the bungalow which has two bedrooms, one with a king size bed and the other with two king size singles. It has a nice bathroom with a claw foot bath tub, and a kitchen and lounge. Outside there is a large outdoor terrace area with seating and a barbecue. Check out all your options on the booking page here. Guests have access to the entire farm and are welcome to help out with farm tasks such as feeding the animals, collecting fresh eggs etc. They also have an organic vegetable garden and the friendly owners give kitchen garden workshops where you can learn how to create your own organic garden at home. There is a common lounge at the farm with books and board games, and there is WiFi throughout. The accommodation is self catering but you’ll also be treated to a great organic breakfast in the morning, included in the rate, and breakfast and BBQ dinner hampers can be provided on request. THE LOCATION: As mentioned the farm is conveniently just 10 minutes away from the world famous Australia Zoo, a definite must visit in the READ MORE
- Hillview Farm is a fun, family friendly and pet friendly farm experience between Sydney and Melbourne, just a half an hour from Wagga Wagga NSW, and two hours from Canberra. It has a huge range of accommodation on nearly 1000 acres of farm and bushland which is home to farm animals such as alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens as well as lots of local wildlife. There is a swimming pool and tennis courts in the gardens too. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation consists of farm cottages and lodges and two glamping safari tents. Check out all your options out on the booking page here. The tents are cleverly designed as safari huts equipped with an outside veranda, and so don’t look much like tents until you get up close. The mainly wooden interiors are equally surprising; they are plush and stylish and though the tents are large they have a cosy, comfortable feel. Outside there is a veranda with table and chairs overlooking the vast farm. The self catering, self contained cottages come with either one or two double bedrooms while the lodge has four double bedrooms and can be rented out as a whole unit or by the room. All have that classic Aussie farm cottage look about them and are modern, clean, comfortable and well equipped inside. All of the accommodation is self catering, with either your own kitchen or if just renting a room; a shared kitchen, but a good breakfast is provided every morning, included in the room rate, with continental options as well as classic bacon and eggs. You can also order hearty, home-made classic meals to be cooked for you during the day, desserts, soups and salads too. They have plenty of options but request that you place your orders a few days in advance. BBQ packs, and things like wine and cheese platters can also be ordered and all the accommodation comes with barbecue facilities. The property is a mix of farmland and bushland with the farm being home to alpacas, sheep, cattle and hens and the bushland to kangaroos and lots of other native wildlife. Guests are welcome to wander around and meet some READ MORE
- The Donnybrook Eco-Retreat is an off-grid property that provides luxury, safari style, glamping tents in 100 acres of gorgeously peaceful, lush Hunter Valley countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are three tents in total, all of which are doubles with queen size bed. One, the Billabong tent is self-contained with its own kitchenette, and sits by itself by a dam while the other two, the Valley View & Hill View, sit near each other on a small hillside. The latter two tents are linked by raised decks and separated by a lovely cedar clad yurt which has a well equipped kitchen and dining area for the use of guests in both tents. If looking for splendid isolation some might find them a little too close to each other and so will be happier with the Billabong tent, but they do allow for some degree of socializing with other guests if you so wish. Check out your options on the booking page here. The accommodation is self catering but a farm fresh breakfast pack is included in the rate and, as the name suggests, features some organic products straight from their own farm. You’ll find the surrounds remarkably peaceful, especially if you’re coming from Sydney. Feel free to wander around the 100 acres of bush and grassland with its farm animals; sheep, ducks, miniature goats and hens, and a huge amount of local wildlife. You can take a swim in the indoor swimming pool (seasonal), borrow a bike from the retreat, go kayaking or fishing too, and of course there is lots to see in the surrounds; the iconic Hunter Valley. Note: There is no Wifi at the retreat. THE LOCATION: Donnybrook Eco is close to the Hunter River and within a half an hour’s drive of some of the most well known towns in the area; Maitland, Paterson and Morpeth for eg., as well as lots of its most famous wineries and restaurants. The journey by car from Sydney should take less than two hours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a lovely spot with a great view, such a relaxing and calm change from living in the city. We booked a hot air balloon READ MORE
- This pet friendly Tasmania farm stay, near the town of Richmond in the Coal River Valley wine region, is organic and eco-friendly and includes a vineyard, olive groves, vegetable gardens and various farm animals. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two comfortable self catering apartments, both clean and modern and both come with a flat-screen TV and DVD player and a full kitchen, lounge and private bathroom. There is also a private patio and BBQ area. One of the apartments is two bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room and and can fit up to five people, while the other is one bedroom for a maximum of two people. The accommodation is self catering but the friendly owners also provide a free organic continental breakfast which includes freshly baked bread, homemade jams & fruit, and fresh coffee every morning, with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. The entire property is as eco-friendly as possible; half of its electricity needs come from solar energy, the central heating and hot water comes from a wood fired boiler, drinking water is collected from rainfall while the water in the toilets comes from the local river. THE FARM: The farm is a working, eco-friendly, organic farm with a range of animals including horses, sheep and ducks. It also has an extensive vineyard, an olive grove as well as a small orchard and vegetable gardens. In line with ecological principles all waste water from the property is used for irrigation. and they make efforts to be carbon positive too with an annual tree planting program. The owners are enthusiastic environmentalists and farmers and are always keen to show guests around the farm. THE LOCATION: The old town of Richmond, and especially its historic bridge, features in almost all tourist photo albums from Tasmania. The bridge was built in 1820 by convicts of the old Van Diemen’s Land and is to this day Australia’s oldest bridge. A tour of the old Richmond Gaol will you an uncomfortable insight into the hardships suffered by these same convicts. With more than fifty buildings dating back to the Georgian era, its quaint historic streets, and cool READ MORE
- Near the historic town of Hamilton, Tasmania, one hour’s drive from Hobart and about 25 minutes from Mount Field National Park, this award winning farmstay is set on a 750 acre sheep farm and has a range of very comfortable self catering cottage accomodation, all with outdoor seating, barbecue area and their own spa bath. It is perfect for fishing and swimming being as it is right beside Lake Meadowbank. And the farm itself is so large that there is so much to explore without ever leaving the property. The friendly, enthusiastic owners are also happy to show guests around the farm and let them watch or join in activities like sheep shearing and sheep dog training and speak about environmental issues such as conservation and sustainable farming. Note: There is WiFi in public areas but not in the accommodation itself! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is a very beautiful farm with awesome cottages. Excellent service, clean large rooms, warm shower, comfortable bed with electric blanket. Go for the farm tour – you will have fun….” “The farm owners, Tim and Jane, are very nice. The food was well prepared, the steaks were good quality and the apple crumble was delicious. The farm tour led by Tim and the 2 sheep dogs, Sandy and Billy, was very interesting. The night view full of stars was giving me an unforgettable experience….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CURRINGA FARM STAY, HAMILTON: READ MORE
- On a lovely spot overlooking the Tambo River east of Melbourne, Victoria, the pet friendly Rivendell Farm is a relaxing rural retreat with luxury self catering cottages on its working farm which keeps cattle, hens, peacocks and guinea fowl. It has beautiful grounds to explore, spa facilities and some fantastic, locally sourced food and wine at its on-site, farm to table restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: The choice is between a very stylish and romantic one bedroom chalet with hot tub, and a spacious three bedroom, two bathroom cottage that can accommodate up to seven people. The latter can also be booked as a one or two bedroom unit for a cheaper rate. Check out all the details on the booking page here. The accommodation is of the highest quality and there is plenty of outside space to enjoy, with lovely gardens, the farm of course and also a private beach on the Tambo River. You can try your hand at fishing, relax in the spa or hot tub, or enjoy a hike and a picnic in one of the many scenic spots around the estate. The accommodation is self catering but for breakfast, and plenty more, there is a fantastic restaurant at Rivendell. It is a stylish, rustic-chic venue serving locally sourced, seasonal food, as well as a good selection of local gourmet wines, and with much of the ingredients coming fresh from their own kitchen garden. THE LOCATION: The farm lies on the banks of the Tambo River, in East Gippsland, just over three hours from Melbourne city centre. The area is famous for its wines and there are dozens of wineries in the surrounding area, many of which you can visit. You’ll also find many good restaurants, farmer’s markets, arts and crafts shops and good surf beaches. Its a relaxing, peaceful region but has a well established rural tourist infrastructure and so, as well as wine and food tourism, you can enjoy horse riding, 4WD tours, fishing, nature walks, canoeing, boating, surfing and plenty more without having to travel very far WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazingly beautiful. EVERYTHING. Josh the chef, you are seriously HIGHLY talented. Please continue to READ MORE
- In the centre of New South Wales, and not far from the Australian capital Canberra, Moorallie Farm, has the lovely Adelong Creek running through it and has peace, quiet and the joys of nature in abundance. The whole region is famously great for hiking and fishing with the beautiful Snowy Mountains and Kosciuszko National Park very nearby, and the farm itself has cattle, sheep and hens, grows apples, figs and pears and even breeds labrador puppies! Their clean and comfortable self catering cottage has a lounge with TV, full kitchen, private bathrooms, with a bath. Outside, in the large gardens you’ll find BBQ facilities as well as a swimming pool and even a tennis court. It’s self catering but the very friendly owners are happy to provide you with a breakfast starter pack on arrival. Note: No WiFi available. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “One of the loveliest places I have ever stayed!…” “Such a gorgeous view and surrounding country. The host family was so friendly and welcoming….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT MOORALLIE COTTAGE FARM STAY: READ MORE
- The Heavens offers luxury cottages with spa baths on its own 160 acre, blissfully peaceful, slice of Kangaroo Valley countryside. It is very much a place to relax and completely unwind, and can make a tempting romantic getaway from Sydney, though it also happily caters for families too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are two one-bedroom and one two-bedroom cottages to choose from. All are spacious and fully contained with top of the range kitchen facilities, lounge with satellite TV, comfortable beds and spa baths/jacuzzis in the bathrooms. They all offer plenty of privacy and solitude and, from the verandah outside, you have lovely views over the surrounding farmland, and your own barbecue facilities. Check out all the options on the booking page here. The cottages overlook the farm where you’ll find alpacas, goats, pigs, hens, ducks and guinea fowl as well as a huge amount of the wildlife that Kangaroo Valley is famous for; kangaroos of course, plus wallaroos, wombats, wallabies, echidnas and plenty more. Guests are welcome to stroll around the farm and meet some of the animals go hiking around the bush or treat themselves to a massage package from their on-call professional masseuses. THE LOCATION: The Heavens is just 6km from Kangaroo Valley town and the whole area has loads to offer the outdoors types; horse riding, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing, fishing etc., and the scenery is, famously, simply gorgeous all around. Kangaroo Valley has plenty to offer food and wine lovers too. There are quite a few wineries which offer wine tours in the surrounding area and some lovely small towns with plenty of food culture, farmers markets etc. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Refreshing, relaxing, romantic, just perfect for what we needed. Thank you. The complete experience was exceptional, the walks, the room, the view, the service and the perfect place to feel away from home and be self isolated. My partner ended up having emergency dental surgery and the owners checked in to see how the patient was doing. Would have stayed longer if we could but we aim to come back very soon hopefully. It was exactly what we needed nature, peace and READ MORE