No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best pet friendly/dog friendly agriturismo farm stays & ranch stays in France in 2022! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Climbing out of bed in a luxury glamping tent to the nearby chatter of friendly llamas sounds like a uniquely lovely way to start the day, and even more so when it is in the heart of one of France’s most charming rural regions, the infamous Loire Valley; the Garden of France. The family friendly & pet friendly Loire Valley Llama Farm Stay, between Le Mans and Tours, offers visitors two Lotus Belle tents on their 17 acre farm with llamas and hens. All of which are happily free range, and friendly to visitors; this place is not some large commercial farming venture, it is a blissfully peaceful, little rural idyll, with a mixture of pastureland, woodland, (as well as a lake and a stream), and somewhere where the welfare of the farm animals (and the farm guests of course!) comes first. Note: The llama farm is a small intimate affair, with just two tents available to rent, so booking ahead is advised! THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two clean and comfortable rooms at the farmhouse; a double and a twin (one double and one single) and outside in the gardens there are two spacious, nicely furnished, tents offer ‘back to nature’ escapism without the need to sacrifice comfort. The tents have room for up to 4 or 5 sharing, and are made up as either a double bed with a pull out day bed converting to another double, or a King size bed with two single beds. All of them are proper, framed, beds with Egyptian cotton bedding and you’ll find them reliably comfortable every night. You’ll have an insulated PVC layer on the tent windows for the winter as well as a mesh layer on the windows and doors to keep you cool and keep the mosquitoes at bay in the summer. Plus, from late September, wood log burners are installed in the tents keeping them perfectly warm and cosy. Within 50m you’ll find the renovated barn where the shared bathroom facilities are, and include 2 separate toilets and a shower room. Outside of the tents there is a private seating area plus also, a little farther away, a large communal dining area next to READ MORE
- Ferme des Chartroux Farm Stay near Calais, northern France, has comfortable B&B rooms in its lovely authentic French farmhouse. The farm is a working farm which includes sheep, pigs, horses, donkeys, geese and hens. The owners are friendly and welcoming; you’ll feel more like you’re visiting long lost relatives than hotel owners and the setting is lovely; a peaceful green idyll within and hour of Calais, a half an hour of Boulogne-sur-Mer and less than twenty minutes from the lively seaside town of Touquet-Paris-Plage. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have 6 comfortable, unpretentious, B&B rooms at the farm house; one twin room, three doubles and two ‘family rooms’ which have one double bed and two singles. They all come with private bathroom, cable TV and WiFi, and all have a very nice, cosy country cottage feel. Guests are treated to a fine fresh continental breakfast in the morning and can spend their days relaxing in the gardens, exploring the farm, with its friendly animals, or the surrounding peaceful green countryside. THE LOCATION: The farmstay is near Calais, less than an hour’s drive, and about hour north of Amiens. The location is the heart of Pas-de-Calais’ Montreuillois region. This is a charmingly rural region that produces a lot of good food and has a character all of its own, a character well away from the industrial excess of many urban areas in North Eastern France. It is peaceful and slow paced, with winding country roads, vast plains of green fields and some lovely little villages to explore. The sea is nearby too, with the coastal fort town of Montreuil-sur-Mer and the port of Etaples being just ten minutes away, while popular seaside towns like Touquet-Paris-Plage, Berck, Merlimont and Stella can be reached in less than 20 minutes. The city of Amiens is under an hour away to the south, and beyond that Paris which can be reached in about two and a half hours. Note: Ferme des Chartroux also has a self catering farm cottage gite for rent, you can check it out by clicking here. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is a charming place to stay. The host was so helpful and friendly. We READ MORE
- Château de Montlieu is a beautifully serene rural retreat near to both Versailles and Paris, France, which has a choice of self catering accommodation in its classic French château building. There is a spa and wellness centre at the property too and it is surrounded by forest, farm and parkland where sheep, donkeys and deer graze peacefully. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a great choice of one two and three bed villas to sleep up to 6 people, plus some smaller double studios. All of them are self catering with well equipped kitchens, comfortable lounges/seating areas and quality finishings. You’ll have a well stocked fridge waiting for you with organic breakfast food & fresh bread and you’ll have all the staples such as tea, coffee (Nespresso), milk, sugar etc. You can also organize an organic breakfast to be made for you for an extra fee. The spa and wellness centre offers various therapies and treatments including reflexology and sophrology and you’ll find a more basic form of therapy in long strolls around the beautiful château grounds and farm, a mixture of woodland and parkland. There is a herd of deer at the property as well as some sheep and donkeys. THE LOCATION: The chateau is conveniently near to both Paris and Versailles; about a half an hour to Versailles and less than an hour from central Paris. There is an SNCF train station fairly close by at Rambouillet and you can arrange transfers to and from there so the chateau can be a alternative base for exploring the very touristy Versailles or even Paris. Rambouillet draws some tourists too though with its own very grand 14th-century chateau & former royal palace and makes for a very a nice day out. The area is still mostly very rural though, peaceful and quiet, with small villages and rich farming land. Between the chateau and Paris there is also the vast Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Natural Regional Park and the lovely Forêt Domaniale de Rambouillet to be explored. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A very friendly and helpful welcome, apartments are very well designed and fitted. So good we booked again as a stop on our return journey READ MORE
- A little piece of paradise in Provence; Le Hameau de Pichovet gîte is the ultimate place to experience the beauty and tranquility of this iconic region of France. It has self catering apartments in a lovingly restored old farmhouse surrounded by fields of lavender and sunflower and is the kind of place you will really not want to leave. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five self catering units in total, to sleep up to eight people each. The property itself is gorgeous; it dates back to 1897 but has been beautifully restored in recent years, and its modern comforts and minimalist decor blend nicely with the traditional Provençal farmhouse feel. All the accommodation is spacious and super clean with good size lounges and practical kitchens. The outside space is a real highlight though, with lovely gardens overlooking the peaceful valley below. There is plenty of space to sit and dine outside as well as barbecue facilities, sun loungers and two swimming pools. The place is surrounded the classic Provence lavender and sunflower fields and though the gîte itself doesn’t harvest its own lavender they keep bees and make a nice line of lavender honey. The accommodation is all self catering but the friendly owners are always around and for an extra fee they can prepare a very nice breakfast basket for you and some equally good evening meals too. THE LOCATION: Though Provence is full of the promise of rural idyll many parts of it can be a little busy with tourists, especially over the summer. But not around here; Le Hameau de Pichovet is in a relatively undiscovered corner of Provence and is a really superb place to get away from it all. It is about 70km north of Aix-en-Provence, just east of the famous Luberon National Park and around 30km from the town of Apt. The nearest village is Vachères, 3km away, which is a cute sleepy little place that has a grocery store where you can stock up on necessities. For more extensive shopping, dining and drinking you can head to the larger town of Celeste about twenty minutes drive away. All around the gîte the countryside is serene and very READ MORE
- La Ferme D’Augustin is a top quality agritourism farm stay hotel right on the French Riviera. It is near Saint Tropez and even nearer the famously beautiful, five kilometer long, Tahiti beach at Pampelonne Bay. It makes for a thoroughly relaxing stay in the south of France and you’ll find the service top class with the food being a particular highlight. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of standard and superior B&B rooms as well as larger suites, to sleep from one to four people each. All are nicely decorated and come with en-suite bathroom, WiFi, air-conditioning, flat screen cable TV, mini-bar and room safe. Some of the larger rooms and suites also come with various extras such as whirlpool jacuzzi baths, hammam type showers and private terraces or balconies. The largest suite of all; the top floor superior suite, also has a tremendous views over Pampelonne Bay from its private terrace. The grounds are beautiful too; with well tended gardens filled with various flowers and plants and an outdoor swimming pool. The pool is a balneo spa type pool; it’s good for swimming but also includes features such as hydromassage jet streams, shower cascades and various jacuzzi effects. It has a glass cover too and is kept at a constant 28 degrees centigrade year round. There is a homely lounge area at the farmhouse with an open fire and comfortable sofas, and they have a terrific onsite bar and restaurant; La Table d’Augustin. The head chef is a Provence native and an enthusiastic exponent of using fresh local, seasonal, produce as much as possible in his highly rated dishes. They are always happy to cater for dietary restrictions too, and the wine on offer is, as you might probably expect, consistently excellent. Much of the ingredients used in the meals are grown on the farm itself. They have a range of vegetable and herb gardens, and fruit orchards, to supply the restaurant and they also produce some very good home made jams, particularly their famous watermelon jam, that you can buy to take home at the farm shop. A whole range of services are offered at the farm stay; READ MORE
- Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury farm stay rural retreat near to Le Harve and the artistic coastal town of Honfleur, in rural Pays d’Auge, Lower Normandy. Accommodation is offered in classically Norman half timbered farmhouses, and the design, both interior and exterior is impeccable. You’ll find the interiors comfortable and plush but with a very pleasant rustic feel while the farm itself has organic orchards and vegetable gardens which offer some of the ingredients for the very highly regarded food on offer. Cooking and horticulture classes, amongst others, can be arranged on site too. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of double suites, in order of size; the Standard Suite, the Queen Suite and the King Suite, with The King being the largest. Even the standard suite though, if it was in most other hotels it would be considered a top choice, being around 40 sqm in size and the epitome of comfort and style. There is also a self catering cottage on site which has a huge amount of space, with two bedrooms (one double, one twin), a large lounge with an open fireplace, a kitchen and a private patio and garden area outside. The bathrooms are particular highlight in all of the accommodation choices, spacious and rather opulent, they come with a nice old style standing bathtub and a range of Bvulgari bath products. Le Domaine d’Ablon is a luxury hotel but also an agritourism farm stay; it prides itself on offering up some of the best local, seasonal food in Normandy and the owners take great care in producing much of the ingredients themselves. They grow a range of organic vegetables and fruits on site as well as various herbs some of which are medicinal herbs, and the owners and staff are a great source of knowledge about all things horticulture and food. The food is truly excellent and if you would like to try and recreate it yourself at home you arrange a cooking class with the head chef, Jérôme Billochon, which also includes an educational tour of the kitchen gardens. There are other courses at the farm too; photography, flower arranging, gardening, origami and even beekeeping. READ MORE
- A home away from home on the Brittany-Normandy borders, and very near the World Heritage Site of Mont St. Michel, Gites Ferme de la Baie has some lovely cottage gites for rent on its working farm with sheep, pigs and hens. The cottages blend the modern and traditional very nicely and the location is peaceful and serene. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are fully self catering cottages with the largest sleeping up to a maximum of nine people. They have spacious lounges with satellite TV & DVD player, as well as fully equipped kitchens and varying numbers of bedrooms and bathrooms. All are traditional French farm cottages which, though updated to meet the modern age, still very much retain their old fashioned charm. Outside all the cottages have their own private garden space with a terrace and seating area and the rest of the grounds are shared. In the large shared area there is a children’s playground, hammocks, a covered barbecue and seating/dining area where you can socialize with other guests and the friendly owners who stay at the main farmhouse. Beyond that there is an orchard area and the farm to explore. You can pick your own cherries, peaches plums and walnuts there and get to meet some of the animals; which include sheep, hens and pigs. THE LOCATION: The location is great for those planning a trip to the world famous Mont St. Michel, which, as one of France’s most visited sites, probably needs no introduction. It’s only about five minutes down the road but it would be a shame to begin and end your sightseeing there. There are numerous other great places to visit in the area, full of history, beauty and culture. Fougères, for example, where you can visit the largest medieval castle in Europe, Villedieu-les-Poêles, with its famous bell foundry where the bells for Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris were made, the charming walled town of Dinan with its half timbered houses and cobbled streets, and of course the lovely seaside towns of St. Malo & Dinard. Just some examples; there are many more, be sure to ask the friendly owners at Gite Ferme de la Baie for READ MORE
- This luxury vineyard hotel near Narbonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France, is in the heart of Pays Cathare and the Languedoc Region’s vineyards. It offers 3 star accommodation on a large and highly renowned Gerard Bertrand wine estate surrounded by ancient pine forest and olive groves. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has 38 extremely comfortable rooms, both doubles and four bed family rooms, all of which come with private bathroom, WiFi and flat screen TV. There is also has a lounge bar downstairs, sometimes with live jazz music, and a restaurant ‘L’Art de Vivre’, whose food and drink are of an extremely high quality. There are the extensive grounds to be explored too which include a nice courtyard, gardens and an outdoor swimming pool, along with the adjoining vineyards. THE VINEYARDS: The Château has a full package of wine tourism activities; tasting sessions, vineyards tours etc. You’ll find grape varieties typical of the Languedoc region in the Château vineyards; The whites: Marsane, Roussane, Grenache blanc, Viognier, Vermentino and Bourboulenc. And the reds, Syrah, Carignan, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Grenache. It is such a well known estate that it is something of a destination in itself, and known for the many festivals it hosts; a popular jazz festival in summer, the Art de Vivre Festival in spring and other smaller wine harvesting and truffle gathering celebrations at other times. THE LOCATION: The estate sits in the Massif de la Clape natural reserve, the largest of its kind in Languedoc-Roussillon. The reserve is a mixture of landscapes from vineyards like at Château L’Hospitalet to the garrigue scrub terrain typical of the region as well as forests of oak and pine. The scenery moves through flat plains, plateaus and rocky outcrops with some lovely hiking trails around, many with stunning views over the Mediterranean. Going south through the Massif you’ll eventually come to the coast around Narbonne plage; a well known beach resort that gets very busy in the summer. The ancient Roman city of Narbonne is about fifteen minutes drive north of the estate. It has something of an old style, elegant feel and a very interesting, multi-layered history, but though the surrounding area is quite popular with READ MORE
- Chambres a la Ferme offers exactly that near the town of Combourg, Brittany and near also to Mont Saint-Michel, St. Malo and the regional capital Rennes. The farmhouse, the farm and the surroundings make for a quaint and very relaxing B&B farm stay holiday in the heart of upper Brittany, where you will be welcomed with traditional Breton hospitality and a generous breakfast every morning. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have just two rooms at the property which can sleep up to three people and you’ll find them both comfortable and nicely decorated. There is a common lounge area with TV at the farmhouse and the rooms have their own private entrance with a terrace just outside. There is a nice garden area outside too with more seating and a children’s playground. THE FARM: A fully working cattle farm, the property also has a number of hens as well as friendly goats and some shetland ponies that are usually a hit with the children. THE LOCATION: The farm is less than 5km from the town of Combourg which is a common stop off on the upper Brittany tourist trail, with its main attraction being the medieval fortress of Combourg Castle, once the childhood home of one of France’s most renowned historical figures Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand. It is also within a half an hours drive of St. Malo and the iconic, and very much photographed, island commune of Mont Saint-Michel in next door Normandy. The vibrant university city and regional capital of Rennes with its wealth of traditional half timbered houses and its grand cathedral is also close by, less than 40km away to the south. The countryside surrounding the farm stay is green and lush and a delight to explore. It’s generally flat and the roads are relatively traffic free so it is great place for long country walks and for cycling and you can hire bikes directly from the farmhouse. Horse riding trips can also be arranged, just ask at the farm for details of that plus other things to see and do in the locality. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Lovely old working dairy farm. Superb self contained accommodation with the owner’s artistic READ MORE
- Farm Gite des Chartroux near Calais, northern France, has a lovely, traditional French, farmhouse gite on its working farm which includes horses, donkeys, pigs, sheep, hens and geese. The owners are welcoming and friendly; you’ll feel like you’re visiting long lost relatives, and the location is perfect; a green, peaceful oasis under an hour from Calais and twenty minutes from the seaside town of Touquet-Paris-Plage. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a three double bedroom cottage on their working farm to sleep up to six, though there is also a double sofa bed in the living room where you can squeeze in two more. The cottage is modern and clean and has a well equipped kitchen, cable TV, WiFi and laundry facilities. Outside, guests are welcome to relax in the gardens and explore the surroundings, including the farm with its friendly animals. THE LOCATION: Roughly between Calais and Amiens, (about an hour from each) Gite des Chartroux is in the middle of Pas-de-Calais’ Montreuillois region. This is a richly rural region well known for its good food and peaceful, slow pace of life, it is a land of green fields, country roads and small friendly villages. You are near the sea here too too, with and the port of Etaples being just ten minutes away, while lively seaside towns like Berck, Merlimont, Touquet-Paris-Plage and Stella are within 20. The journey to Paris will take no more than two and a half hours. Note: Ferme des Chartroux also has B&B rooms at the main farmhouse, you can check them out by clicking here. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This was a great place to stay – owners were extremely friendly and helpful. Being a working farm was wonderful for the children and adults alike. Chester the donkey was a wonderful highlight. Highly recommended!….” “There are some great resorts around the world, but Cape Kidnappers is right up there, in every sense. Terrific food, great wine(s), outstanding service. All delivered against a backdrop of spectacular scenery…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FARM GITE DES CHARTROUX: READ MORE
- Surrounded by beautiful woodland and wine groves, Les Hauts De Chenas has B&B rooms on a working vineyard near Lyon in the heart of the Beaujolais/Burgundy region of Rhone-Alpes, France. It has an on-site winery for its highly rated red chenas wines, a small wine museum and its own restaurant which serves some great local food throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and bright with en-suite bathroom, TV and WiFi and a minibar, with some of the larger rooms having a seating area too. There’s plenty of space outside too with a terrace and large gardens leading on to the vineyards which contain a very cute children’ s playground as well as a hot tub/jacuzzi. Beaujolais is world famous wine country and the helpful owners of Les Haut de Chenas will be happy to advise on where to go and what to see in the surrounding area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! Really can’t fault this lovely place. The location on the hill above the village with views of the vineyards and the valley is superb….” “The welcome, the people, the terrific views, the general friendly atmosphere, the splendid wine made by the proprietor….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LES HAUTS DE CHENAS: READ MORE
- In the deeply rural east of Provence, just over 40km from Cannes and the French Riviera, La Ferme Constantin has rustic accommodation in a classic old Provençal farmhouse recently renovated by its owners. It is a tranquil, peaceful place with friendly owners and an earthy, back to nature atmosphere. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have double and twin rooms at the farmhouse, all of which are pleasant and comfortable and nicely decorated in traditional style. Check your options on the booking page here. Outside there is the terrace area where you can lounge in one of the hammocks, light a barbecue or dine al fresco, and beyond that you have the peaceful gardens and the farm to explore. The farm plays host to goats, rabbits and the family dogs, as well as vegetable gardens and fruit trees. The accommodation is B&B and you will be treated to a lovely fresh breakfast in the morning with some of the ingredients coming straight from the farm. Your friendly hosts love to cook and can also provide tasty lunches and dinners at their informal farm-to-table restaurant. Guests can also tour the farm and help out with farm tasks if they wish including collecting the ingredients for their meals. THE LOCATION: The farm is near the little town of Fayence which has come nice shops, restaurants and cafes, in the heart of rural east Provence. There is much to explore in the area and your hosts will have plenty of recommendations. There are some lovely hilltop villages nearby for example and lots of scenic hiking trails. Other outdoor activities can be arranged too such as horse riding, rowing, glider flying, fishing etc. etc. You will find lake beaches and swimming at the nearby Lake Saint-Cassien and canoeing and rafting at the gorges and canyons of Siagne, Siagnole and Endre. The Mediterranean sea and the French Riviera is just over a half an hour away by car with the city of Cannes being about 45 minutes. The nearest airport is Nice Côte d’Azur Airport around 60 km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is a place with heart and soul. You can feel that the owners do READ MORE
- Le Rianon has a beautifully peaceful setting deep in the heart of central France. It offers B&B rooms as well as self catering accommodation including a cute wooden caravan. The farmhouse is classic old style French, and very atmospheric, with lots of old wood and stone and they have horses, donkeys and hens on their small farm. READ MORE
- Situated in the famous wine region of Côte des Nuits, Burgundy, France, Castel de Très Girard is a 17th century manor house offering luxury accommodation in Morey-Saint-Denis surrounded by vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: The soundproofed rooms include a flat-screen TV, minibar, electric kettle and safety deposit box. Each room features a private bathroom with bath or shower and free toiletries. Guests can enjoy meals in the hotel’s restaurant which offers views of the surrounding vineyards. Meals are prepared using local produce and a wide selection of wines are available. Additional facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a bar and a seminar room. THE LOCATION: Local activities include horse riding and visiting the surrounding vineyards. Nearby attractions include the Château du Clos de Vougeot 3 km away and the Abbey of Cîteaux 16 km away. Castel de Très Girard is situated between the historic towns of Beaune and Dijon which are both 25-minutes drive from the hotel. The closest train station is Dijon Train Station. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A gourmet delight…..” “Beautiful setting and views, the interior was a nice blend of boutique and rural style….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CASTEL DE TRES GIRARD: READ MORE
- Le Mas de Peint has luxury farmhouse hotel accommodation hidden away in the wild Camargue region of southern Provence, between Marseille and Montpellier, and near to both Arles and Aix-en-Provence. The estate is huge, there is a full 1250 acres of it to explore and can done on horseback. They keep a number of those iconic Camargue Horses at Le Mas de Peint and horse riding tours can be arranged, as can 4WD and mountain bike tours. The gardens are beautifully kept too with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of areas to relax. Beyond both the gardens and the farm you are in the middle of some beautifully natural countryside with wild flamingos to be seen among the salt marshes, rice fields and hidden beaches. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 13 luxury double rooms and suites that are tastefully and carefully designed in traditional style; where antique furniture and wood beamed ceilings sit easily with modern comforts and facilities. As well as the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool there is a top class restaurant at the farmhouse which serves up some extremely good authentic Provençal food, food which is accompanied by a great selection of wines. You can enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the terrace outside. The breakfast is excellent too, though sadly you need to pay extra for it, i.e. it’s not included in the room rate. The huge ranch is great for exploring. You can head out hiking or biking by yourself, mountain bikes are available for hire, as are massage services for any aching limbs afterwards, or you can join 4WD ‘Safari’ or horseback riding tours which go beyond the farm and deep into the Camargue. The horses on the estate, the famous white Camargue Horses, are, as you probably guessed from the name, native to the area and are believed to be one of the oldest species of horse in the world. You will also see herds of wild horses on your travels in the area. THE LOCATION: Between the cities of Montpellier and Marseille where the River Rhone meets the Mediterranean, lies the Camargue, a vast area READ MORE
- Domaine de Piégros is a beautifully peaceful agritourism estate in a secluded location near Aix-en-Provence. It is in the heart of the Luberon National Park and its famous lavender fields and the farmhouse itself is surrounded by its own lavender fields as well as woodlands, a lake and a full 85 acres of olive groves producing extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is a six bedroom self catering farmhouse gite with a huge amount of space inside and out. It is a traditional farmhouse that has been recently renovated and has a full range of modern conveniences, while also managing to maintain plenty of rural French charm. As well as the six bedrooms (5 doubles and a twin room) there is a large, very well equipped kitchen and two dining areas. There’s also a spacious lounge area and a 250 sq. meter stone terrace outside with seating and dining furniture. A few steps away from the house you’ll also find a nice outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers. There is also a lake in the grounds, a boules pitch, and, as mentioned before, acres of olive groves, lavender fields and woods to explore. It is a working farm but outside of olive harvest time (September to November) the work is fairly low key and you can have as much or as little interaction with the farm work as you wish. THE LOCATION: For visitors looking for a rural retreat in Provence this location is almost unbeatable. The farmhouse is inside the Luberon National Park, possibly Provence’s most serene rural area (you can read about the area and its famous lavender fields here), and to make it even more serene it has its own, nearly two kilometer private road leading up to the gite. It therefore offers lots of privacy and is beautifully quiet throughout the day and night. The medieval village of Grambois is just 5km away. It is a classic Provençal commune that, as well as being a very lovely place to stroll around, has shops, cafes and restaurants and sees a steady trickle of tourists throughout the year. The famously cultured city of Aix-en-Provence meanwhile is READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top of the range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, sound proofing and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra € 21 charge), but for self caterers they also have a nice two bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas and of course their two restaurants: Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le Champ des Lunes, which won a Michelin star for its classic French & Provençal cuisine, and more casual dining at the La Cuisine d’Amélie. The restaurants are open to the public and though hotel guests will have some priority it’s generally wise to make a reservation or reservations a few days in advance especially in the summer and especially at Le Champ. The grounds of Domaine de Fontenille are equally impressive, with a full 86 acres of mostly landscaped gardens READ MORE
- La Ferme d’Angèle is a completely enchanting rural retreat near the village of Séez in the French Alps, and within driving distance of Lyon, Chambery, Chamonix and Mt. Blanc. The accommodation is in a renovated 19th century alpine style farmhouse that has a uniquely cosy, almost fairytale like atmosphere, and though not a working farm anymore it is surrounded by some gorgeously rural countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have six rooms to sleep from two to four people and all are decorated in that beautifully rustic style that typifies the whole property. Downstairs there is a dining area, a library, a TV room and a lounge with a large open fire and a piano. Outside you’ll find a large terrace with an outdoor dining area plus a lovely garden with hammocks and seating and an array of plants and flowers. They also have a traditional wood fired hot tub at the property. The accommodation is B&B and the breakfast is generous and full of good fresh produce. You’ll find the owners friendly and hospitable and they are fine cooks, so make sure to order some of their evening meals and sample some of their large collection of wines. You can also try some of their home made herbal teas and liqueurs and they are always happy to cater to dietary restrictions. THE LOCATION: La Ferme d’Angele is just three kilometers from Séez village centre, with the nearest train station being at Bourg-Saint-Maurice about 7km away (You can arrange a free shuttle service to and from the farmhouse just let them know before arrival). The scenery around here is glorious, and the views from the property are stunning in winter or summer. This being the French Alps after all skiing is a big activity in the surrounding area and La Ferme d’Angele makes a good base. It is near to the funicular to Les Arcs for example with La Roserie also being close by (about 10 mins drive up the hill). Val d’Isere and Tignes can also be reached in just over a half an hour and Val Thorens in about an hour. In summer time you have some of Europe’s best hiking READ MORE
- Conveniently between Paris and Dijon, France, the child friendly Ferme de Flo has B&B accommodation on its busy little animal rescue farm which hosts a huge amount of animals; pigs, ponies, goats, hens, ducks and more, most of which had been abandoned by their previous owners but then found a loving home here. It’s sure to be a hit with the kids as they can have plenty of interaction with the animals but adults too will appreciate the comfortable accommodation, friendly hosts and the educational farm workshops and tours where you can learn about such things as sustainable agriculture, bread making and even how to drive a tractor. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have four B&B guest rooms, all with private bathroom, in the farmhouse as well as a very pleasant self catering cottage with one double/twin bed, three singles and one futon bed to sleep one or two more. All of the accommodation is clean and well maintained and the homemade breakfast is excellent. Guests in the self catering cottage can also enjoy the breakfast but for an extra charge and they can buy all sorts of locally produced food products at the on site shop for cooking with later. The main attraction at La Ferme de Flo are the animals. Over two hundred in total many of them had been abandoned by their owners and then rescued by the farm. They are all very friendly and well used to visitors and guests can partake in farm tasks as much as they like as well as learn a little about farming and taking care of animals. THE LOCATION: The farm is in the little village of Evry, between Paris and Dijon, on the north western edge of Burgundy, less than 100km from Paris and around 200 from Dijon. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Such a lovely and interesting place to stay. We really enjoyed our stay, lovely accommodation, very friendly, and best of all a tour of the farm which was great for the kids and very interesting. I would recommend Ferme de Flo 100%….” “It is really comfortable, spacious, the host is very friendly and warm, the breakfast is super. My READ MORE