No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best pet friendly/dog friendly agriturismo farm stays & ranch stays in Toscana, Italy in 2023! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Near the village of Sorano and the town of Pitigliano, Tuscany, Italy, this is a classic Tuscan farmhouse stay on a working farm that produces some award winning extra virgin olive oil. The setting is quite isolated, not a lot of tourists come to this part of the region, and Poggio dell’Olivo has a reputation for providing a more genuine example of Tuscan rural life than many of the luxury type agriturismos that prevail in the more touristic parts. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their clean, comfortable self catering apartments are in a traditional Tuscan style and come with kitchen, bathroom and lounge. There’s plenty of outdoor space too with a lovely terrace, garden, barbecue and swimming pool just outside your door. The accommodation is self-catering but you can arrange a nice Italian breakfast from the hospitable owners for a small extra charge. Feel free of course to wander the farm and inspect some of their quality, home made, extra virgin olive oil. You can also buy some to take home if you wish. Note: There is good WiFi coverage around the reception and the restaurant but the signal in the accommodation can be quite weak. THE LOCATION: Beyond that there is some beautiful Tuscan countryside to explore and you can hire bikes for free at Poggio Dell’Olivo to get you started. There is a also a horse farm nearby which offers horse riding. The nearby hilltop town of Pitigliano is the obvious star attraction of this part of Tuscany but generally you’ll find the surrounding area free from the tourist hoards who descent on the region, especially in Summer, thus this agriturismo is well suited to see the more hidden ‘real side’ of rural Tuscany. Other nice days out in the area include the Saturnia thermal baths, and a little farther away the lovely Bolsena Lake. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Very nice location, if you are after an isolated farm out of the city and away from the swarms of tourist groups. Can give you the true Tuscany experience….” “This is a little paradise! What a beautiful place. In the amazing area of Pittigliano, Sovana and Sorano….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE READ MORE
- Just outside the beautiful hilltop town of Pienza, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Casapicchiata is a very highly rated farm stay that has comfortable B&B rooms in a traditional Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by acres of wheat fields, olive groves, lavender and cypress trees. The views are tremendous too and it is in a perfect location for further exploration of this fabled sub-region of Tuscany; Val ‘Orcia. THE ACCOMMODATION: All the rooms are rustically stylish, with tiled floors, antique furniture and classic bed frames, and they all come with nice private bathrooms. This farm stay comes with lots of other niceties too; a spa & wellness center with massage services, a fitness center, a small indoor swimming pool, a hot tub and a solarium. They know how to look after their guests here and they can also provide a number of other, more practical, services; babysitting, laundry and maid services for example. Their food is tremendous, and not only the breakfast; the friendly owners cook up some great locally sourced food (Much from their own farm) in the evenings too which can be shared with other guests in the farm’s ‘family and friends only’ informal restaurant. THE LOCATION: The lovely Pienza is of course very much on the Tuscan tourist trail and there are innumerable other lovely small towns nearby too; Bagno Vignoni, Montacino, Rocca d’Orcia to name just a few. In between too of course you have some classic Val d’Orcia/Southern Tuscany countryside to enjoy (you’ll find a special section on Val d’Orcia on this page). You can hire bikes from the farm to head out exploring if you wish, and/or they can also arrange some wonderful horse riding trips which take you around the local area and some of the more hidden, less touristy areas of Val d’Orcia. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location right at the heart of Val d’Orcia, within driving distance of many central locations of Tuscany. Beautiful place with warmhearted owners….” “Excellent property, the owner was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was great and we fell in love with the location (and the dog!)….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO READ MORE
- The very highly rated Agriturismo Renaccino near Siena, Tuscany, is well known in the local area for breeding thoroughbred riding horses, but also provides rustic self catering accommodation in traditional cottage style apartments. The owners are helpful and friendly and the countryside surrounding is typically Tuscan, but also quiet and peaceful despite being less than 10km from the much visited city of Siena. THE ACCOMMODATION: You have a choice of one and two bed apartments to sleep a maximum of four people. They are in traditional Tuscan farmhouse style, romantic and cosy with a well equipped kitchen and lounge, WiFi and TV. Outside in the gardens and lawns there is plenty of seating/outdoor dining space and a salt water swimming pool. You’ll find the owners of Agriturismo Renaccino extremely helpful and friendly, and you can quite quickly feel like you’re part of the family. Though they don’t cook a breakfast for you but every morning they do provide a daily generous selection of what a Tuscan might call ‘basic food staples’ but what for outside visitors is more like a sumptuous hamper of fresh food: eggs, cheeses, various breads, salami, some delicious homemade cakes, and more. Guests are welcome to take a look around the farm and can learn a little about horse breeding from the enthusiastic horse loving owners. It is a thoroughbred breeding farm so they are quite sensibly careful with the animals, which means they don’t allow horse riding or provide horse riding lessons, but you can get up close and admire these beautiful creatures just the same. THE LOCATION: The agriturismo is super convenient for the famously beautiful and historic city of Siena, less than 10km away, and just to the north of the equally famously beautiful Val d’Orcia, which, like Siena, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a place steeped in important medieval history. Towns like Montalcino, Castiglion d’Orcia, Pienza and many, many more live and breath that history and the countryside in between is a rural wonderland of rolling green hills and winding roads. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Location, value, owner, gardens. The place is perfection….” “Sabrina’s place is just amazing! Super beautiful and READ MORE
- Il Castagnolino is a classic Tuscany agriturismo with high quality B&B accommodation, fantastic food and lovely views of San Gimignano and the Tuscan Hills. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 6 rooms are traditional style, with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings. They’re clean and comfortable and come with private bathroom and WiFi. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and gardens with plenty of place to relax looking out on to the countryside below. The breakfast is buffet style and includes, amongst many other things, a nice selection of homemade jams, yoghurts and cakes. You can also enjoy a full 4 course Tuscan meal every evening at the restaurant with much of the ingredients coming fresh from the farm. Guests are also welcome to join the daily cooking classes, where you can learn to make a range of Tuscan and Italian staple dishes. THE FARM: Organic olives, and other fruit, vegetables and spices are grown on the small farm. As mentioned previously the owners make some of their fine homemade food from the farm produce, and guests can sample some at meal times, learn to cook with it, and buy some to take home from the on-site organic shop. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Il Castagnolino is just 3km outside San Gimignano, Tuscany, it is also less than 30km from the ancient Etruscan town of Volterra, while the cities of Siena and Florence are both about 50 to 60km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Nothing in life is perfect but this stay with Carmela was very very close. The location with its views were breathing taking and Carmela’s home local cooking & breakfast was just wonderful. Her staff were always friendly and helpful. Thank you for such a memorable holiday….” “Beautiful home cooked food, stunning location, peaceful and tranquil. A warm welcome from a lovely lady. Perfect….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT AGRITURISMO IL CASTAGNOLINO: READ MORE
- Very near Florence in the famous town of Vinci, Tuscany, this is an idyllic luxury agriturismo B&B set in a 16th-century Medicean Villa. It is surrounded by acres of vineyards and olive groves from which the owners produce their own award winning wines and olive oils. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two double rooms and two larger double luxury suites at the farmhouse (check the booking page here), all of which are very comfortable and elegantly decorated in classic Tuscan style. Each come with private bathroom, WiFi and satellite flat screen TV, while the larger suites also have a separate lounge area. Outside there is plenty of space to relax in the gardens and guests are free to wander the estate and the ancient wine cellars, and can of course arrange wine and olive oil tasting sessions, as well as Tuscan cooking classes, at the villa. Their wine making tradition dates back to 1700 and their wines have won numerous awards, the most well known being their Chianti Dianella which is served in many top restaurants and taverns all over Italy. Their food is fabulous too at their informal restaurant and a generous and healthy buffet breakfast will await you each morning, to be served in your room, in the dining hall or outside in the gardens. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: For those of you in the know of such things, the estate is located in the western Montalbano Chianti DOCG area of Tuscany and has about 25 hectares of vineyard stretched over gentle hills with a south to south west exposure. They grow a variety of grapes here; Cabernet Sauvignon, Vermentino, Sangiovese, Colorino and quite a few more. There are also about 15 hectares of olive groves, growing varieties such as Leccino, Pendolino, Frantoio and Moraiolo which go into the making of their branded Dianella extra virgin olive oil. They are passionate about both and have even a small wine museum in the ancient cellars of the villa. Tours are offered too of course, of the farm and the cellars, as well as wine READ MORE
- Allegro Agriturismo Argiano, near the ancient Etruscan city of Arezzo, is a wonderful place to relax and unwind in the heart of some typically gorgeous Tuscan countryside. It’s a hillside farm so the views are lovely and being surrounded by rows of olive groves, orchards and old woodlands it feels, and very much is, close to the peace of nature. It’s very much a family farm too and they make some quality food stuffs, extra virgin olive oil and various jams for example, and also Vinsanto, a traditional Tuscan sweet wine made from raisins. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation is in the form of two two bed apartments just off the main farmhouse, both of which have one double room and one twin. They are cosy with well equipped kitchens and nice lounge areas with fireplace. They have central heating and air-con, and the interiors will impress all round with some beautiful design and decor on display, very much in keeping with the historic, traditional, nature of the farmhouse. The exteriors are wonderful too, nice terraces and gardens with seating, an outside dining area, and a swimming pool too. All of it is surrounded by hundreds of fruit, cypress and oak trees, and overlooked by the lovely Tuscan hills. It’s a family owned agriturismo and you’ll find the family friendly and helpful. THE FARM: The owners are enthusiastic about their busy little farm, with the main work being in the production of fruit, and a huge variety of fruit at that: Strawberries, blackberries, figs, walnuts, cherries, apricots, apples, grapes and olives. There will always be some little home made goodies to try, their fresh fruits of course, and also their previously mentioned Vinsanto wine and extra virgin olive oil. You can buy plenty of their farm produce to cook with in the apartment and to take home with you afterwards. THE LOCATION: Tuscany can get pretty busy with tourists, especially in Summertime and though the agriturismo is just 3km from historical Arezzo, within walking distance really, it is a very peaceful oasis of calm. There is 40 acres of woodland surrounding the farm and is a lovely place for a quiet READ MORE
- The homely Agriturismo Fattoria La Prugnola has a great variety of accommodation, including glamping style yurts and a tree house, on an organic, eco-friendly olive farm in the gentle hills of Montescudaio, near Pisa in Tuscany’s upper Maremma/northern Maremma region. The location is idyllic; it is very much surrounded by nature and in its isolated setting you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside all the way down to the famous Etruscan Coast and the sea beyond. THE ACCOMMODATION: There really is a great choice at this agriturismo with cottages, apartments, yurts and a tree house available for up to eight people per unit. So much so that to describe them all individually would take some time but suffice to say that they are all charming in their own way. You’ll find them well equipped, comfortable, clean and cosy, and all have all a nice rustic, Tuscan farmhouse feel to them, with much antique furniture, wood beamed ceilings and soothing pastel shades. Their 5 yurts are not by any means traditional Tuscan of course but they are beautifully put together, spacious and homely. And they are also nicely furnished, blending well some of those same rustic farmhouse touches with the more colourful and exotic ‘walls and ceilings’ of the Central Asian origin yurt. Four of them can sleep up to four people, using one double bed and one double sofa bed, while the largest of them can sleep up to five people with the help of an extra sofa bed. They all too have their own external, private bathrooms. The cosy, romantic tree house is a special property too, and very much sought after, be aware that minimum stay restrictions apply over the summer; in June to September the minimum stay is three nights while in July and August it is one week, from Saturday to Saturday. The treehouse is made entirely of wood and built around a large oak tree. It is small with just a double bed, a bedside table and wardrobe but it also has a very nice outdoor terrace with table and chairs, which offers some unique views of the woods and if you’re lucky READ MORE
- With spectacular views of San Gimignano, Tuscany, this lovely traditional farm stay has pet friendly B&B rooms and self-catering accommodation on an organic family farm and vineyard. It’s a homely, friendly place which produces quality wine and extra virgin olive oil, and keeps farm animals too. The food though is the real highlight at Fattoria San Donato, they have a traditional, organic, Tuscan restaurant which serves up some of the best fresh food around, much of which comes from their own farm. If you are impressed with the cooking, as you undoubtedly will, you can also arrange some excellent cooking classes with chef and owner, Federica. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have some nice self catering apartments, and B&B double rooms with private bathroom. All of them are spacious and decorated with a rustic, traditional, Tuscan style. The apartments have two double bedrooms, but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge that can be converted into another double for two extra guests. The lounge is large and comes with a kitchenette too. You can enjoy some really fantastic food and wine at the farm restaurant including a lavish buffet breakfast in the mornings and various meals throughout the day. And, as mentioned above, cooking classes can be arranged too. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool in the large gardens where you can also play table tennis and the kids can enjoy the playground. And all of this with really stunning views of the surrounding countryside, including those iconic towers of San Gimignano. There’s a lot going on in their busy organic farm, it has farm animals; goats, pigs, hens and ducks, and grows vegetables, herbs and fruits including olives and of course grapes. Around the edges of the farm there are patches of woodland that lead on into the Castelvecchio Nature Reserve which has some rugged scenery and lots of local wildlife. The family are always happy to show guests around the farm and the cellars, and to show them how they make their wines, oils and various other food products. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some tasting sessions too. THE LOCATION: The family are also always happy to READ MORE
- Very near the famous town of San Gimignano, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Macinatico is a wonderful rural escape that has great views of the town’s iconic medieval towers and of the surrounding countryside. It makes its own top quality extra virgin olive oil and wine which you can enjoy sampling in some beautifully tended gardens or lounging by its outdoor swimming pool. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a total of self catering apartments are large and spacious with varying numbers of bedrooms that can sleep up to ten people. They are also clean and very comfortable, with private bathroom, flat screen TV with satellite channels, full kitchen and a lounge area. The owners are very hospitable and friendly and you’ll be welcomed on your arrival with a food hamper containing some basic essentials, bread, coffee etc. plus some nice home made pastries, biscuits and other treats. Outside in the lovely gardens you’ll find barbecue facilities, a kids playground and an outdoor swimming pool with views of the San Gimignano towers. The views from the farm stay are spectacular; you can lay back and enjoy the San Gimignano towers, the vineyards, and all that gorgeous Tuscan landscape while just sitting back at the edge of the pool. THE FARM & VINEYARD: The have acres of vineyards and olive groves surrounding the farmhouse. They produce their own quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and various wines here, and they have a small farm shop which sells both, with wines such as Vernaccia Macinatico and Massi DOCG, Toscana Bianco and Rosso IGT, Chianti and Disciplinare Chianti, to name just a few, plus many other good local foodstuffs. You’ll find the owners friendly and enthusiastic and very much experts on the subject of food and wine. Make sure you ask them for a free tour of their vineyards and production lines. THE LOCATION: Just 6 km from one of Tuscany’s most popular tourist towns, San Gimignano, but still gorgeously silent, peaceful and rural, Agriturismo Macinatico has an undeniably good location. For those of you not yet familiar, this very historic town is on the itinerary of pretty much every visitor to rural Tuscany, so much so READ MORE
- Take a step back in time at Fabbrica Di San Martino, a luxury agriturismo near to both Lucca and Pisa in western Tuscany which has self catering accommodation in a beautifully restored, over 250 year old, manor farmhouse. The property is palace like, and truly gorgeous, as is the location; set high among green hills it offers lovely views over the surrounding countryside at every turn. It is an organic & biodynamic agriturismo which makes its own quality wine and olive oil and promises a healthy, relaxing rural retreat but with easy reach of the popular tourist cities of Lucca and Pisa. THE ACCOMMODATION: The stunning property has top quality suites and apartments, which can sleep up to four, and blend the rustic charm of an 18th century farmhouse with 21st century standards of comfort. Check your options on the booking page here. The floors and the wood beamed ceilings are all original and much of the well chosen antique furniture dates back to similar eras. All the units come with TV, WiFi and a well equipped kitchenette. They are spacious too with good sized sitting areas and have some lovely design touches; you’ll find nice lighting and traditional furniture and fittings which lend a cosy, rustic Tuscan farmhouse feel. The grounds are large with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for relaxing, dining or just wandering around, and you’ll find beautiful views at every turn. The accommodation is self catering but you can also order a fresh breakfast to be brought to your suite every morning. There is no restaurant at the agriturismo but there are a few good restaurants, cafes and shops just a few minutes away. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM: Lucca is famous in Tuscany for the quality of its olive oil (The gold of Lucca) and this agriturismo doesn’t disappoint in this regard, producing nearly 500 litres of premium organic and biodynamic extra virgin olive oils from its 10 acres of olive groves. All the olives are hand picked and milled within 12 hours of harvesting and are of the READ MORE
- In the rolling hills south of Siena, Tuscany, Italy, pet friendly Tenuta di Corsano has a series of self-catering apartments in a classic 17th century farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and vegetable plots. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rustic apartments are cosy and comfortable with a kitchen and a lounge area and a choice of one, two and three bedrooms. They are traditional style with terracotta floors and wood beamed ceilings and all have WiFi, satellite TV, a kitchenette and living area. Outside you’ll find a swimming pool and extensive gardens, and the whole property has really lovely views over the surrounding countryside. Though the accommodation is self catering, both breakfast and even meals can also be arranged. THE FARM: It is a working farm with a busy trade in grapes and olives as well as many vegetables that make up some of the ingredients of their excellent home made food. The food at Ville di Corsano is of a very high standard and guests are generally very impressed by their hearty, healthy Tuscan dishes. If you find yourself equally impressed you can arrange cooking classes at the farmhouse which feature some of these same Tuscan specialities. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is on a wonderfully peaceful hillside but still just steps away from the little village of Ville di Corsano. Ville di Corsano is a very cute little place with a population of just 200, and has a church, a shop, a very good restaurant and a small winery. This surrounding area is of course classic rural Tuscany and all of it is fantastic to explore. You’ll find many hiking routes and nature trails around, and there is the nearby Alto Merse Nature Reserve, about 10km from the farmstay. There are many classically beautiful Tuscan towns around too, as well as historical sights and an abundance of food and wine tourism. The friendly farmstay owners at Tenuta di Corsano can give you lots of tips and recommendations, and they can organize tours and various other services such as car hire, bicycle hire, babysitting and transfers from the lovely city of Siena just 16km to the north. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place READ MORE
- In the peaceful heart of Maremma, Southern Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Sant’Egle has an enviable location that is equally matched by the quality of its accommodation, food and hospitality. Its approach is very much eco-friendly and organic and it offers guests a pathway to a relaxed and healthy mind and body. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a selection of rustically stylish rooms at the farmhouse, all with private bathroom and entrance, and the whole building displays a nice mixture of contemporary art and antiques. They have an organic farm shop at the property too where you can buy some of their varied food and non food products to take home. You can sample some at their excellent buffet breakfast too, and throughout the day at the highly regarded restaurant. The friendly owners are equally welcoming to those with dietary restrictions and will do their best to accommodate. The surroundings are lovely; there is the farm, the gardens with an outdoor pool, and a ‘holistic space’ where you can organize yoga classes. It’s an eco-friendly property; the 17th-century farmhouse has been carefully renovated to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Note: Only children over 7 allowed! THE FARM: The farm is ostensively a sheep farm but they grows a range of vegetables, fruits, nut and herbs too. All of it is certified organic. and the farm, like the farmhouse, designed to be as eco-friendly and bio diverse as possible. THE LOCATION: Further afield this richly rural and historical part of Tuscany can be easily explored on foot, by car or by bike, from the farm stay you’ll be within distance of such iconic southern Tuscany towns as Pitigliano, Sorano and San Quirico. You can rent bikes directly from the farm and the owners are always happy to advise on what to see and do in the local area, and they can also organize tours. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “It was amazing and romantic. Will return….” “Definitely a place to relax and be restored. Much to do in the area in terms of walking and sightseeing and the hosts were most helpful with tips and directions….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & READ MORE
- Near the city of Florence and nearer still to Leonardo’s home town of Vinci, Chianti, Tuscany, Agriturismo Colle da Vinci is a classically rustic hillside farmhouse surrounded by organic olive groves and enjoys some stunning views of the Montalbano Valley, especially from the ideally placed swimming pool in the gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five pleasantly old style self catering farmhouse apartments, which can sleep up to four with one double bedroom and one double sofa bed in the lounge and children’s cots can also be provided if needed. You can check your options on the booking page here, and be advised there is a two night minimum stay. They are all spacious and well equipped and you’ll find them bright, airy and comfortable. Though the bathrooms err on the side of modern the general feel is of a homely, rustic Tuscan farmhouse, with wood beamed or brick ceilings, tiled floors and crisp white walls. WiFi and satellite flat screen TVs feature too though and the standards of comfort and cleanliness are certainly of the modern age. Outside they all have their own semi private space with table and chairs and with the agriturismo having such a wonderful hillside location there are wonderful views of the Montalbano Valley to be enjoyed from all around. The well tended gardens have a swimming pool from where you can also admire the views and in general there is plenty of space to lounge around or dine al fresco on the terraces or around the gardens. There’s a barbecue area too, and a play area for kids. The main business of the farm is in the making of organic extra virgin olive oil which guests are welcome to sample and of course also to buy to take home. You can also learn about farm work from the friendly owners; the processes involved in the growing and pressing of the olives etc. THE LOCATION: Agriturismo Colle da Vinci is just outside Leonardo’s home town of Vinci (which is still, for historic reasons, actually a city) and also lies within the Montalbano Natural Park, which was once named Barco Reale, a famous hunting ground created by READ MORE
- In a picture perfect, hillside setting outside the town of Castellina in Chianti near Siena, Agriturismo Querceto Di Castellina has self catering cottages on a busy, eco-friendly, working farm which produces high quality organic wines, grappa and extra virgin olive oil. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great choice of rustic 15th-century cottages, all with kitchen, lounge and dining area, WiFi and flat screen TV with satellite channels. In the grounds you will find a nice outdoor swimming pool too and well kept gardens surrounded by the farms acres of vineyards and olive groves. It has its own boutique winery and a feature of a stay here is their excellent wine tasting sessions. The food too is highly rated, as are their popular cooking classes at the farmhouse where guests can learn how to prepare a whole host of traditional Tuscan dishes. They have various snacks and small food items available throughout the day too at their wine and cheese bar. Pets are allowed at no extra charge, they have an outdoor play area for children, and have a range of extra services like bicycle hire, breakfast delivered to your room, special diet menus etc. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE FARM & VINEYARD: This family-run is in the finest Tuscan agriturismo tradition, it offers top quality service while also keeping busy producing organic wines and olive oil. Its vineyards are high on a hilltop in ideal conditions for producing its highly rated organic Chianti Classicos; L’aura Chianti Classico and Sei Chianti Classico Gran Selezione. Their vineyard and boutique winery can be visited and you can learn a lot from the owners about what goes in to producing top quality organic wines. They produce some good grappa and extra virgin olive oil too which can be sampled at the farmstay and you can of course, just like the wine, buy some to take home. THE LOCATION: The famously beautiful countryside of Tuscany and especially Chianti has been enticing visitors both domestic and foreign for generations now. Its fertile farms have been producing a lot of Italy‘s best wines for hundreds READ MORE
- On a 60 hectacre working organic farm producing extra virgin olive oil and award winning red and white wines, this delightful Agriturismo near San Gimignano and the cities of Siena and Florence, Tuscany, has a lovely hillside setting with tremendous views over the surrounding countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They offer a range of rustic style self-catering apartments, which have wood beamed ceilings and terracotta floors, a living room/lounge area and a kitchen plus their own private garden with seating. There is a lot of lovely space outside, with a swimming pool, a playground and plenty of space to dine or to relax and just take in the Tuscan sun, surrounded by the vineyards and olive groves. THE FARM, THE FOOD & THE WINE: Their farm is a full 60 acres of vineyard and olive groves and has won awards for its wine, both whites and reds as well as that Tuscan classic dessert wine, Vin Santo. It also produces a large amount of extra virgin olive oil, with around 2500 olive trees on the farm. All of it is organic which requires an extra level of care and attention and the owners are happy to share some of the secrets with guests. They do full tours of the farm, the winery and the production lines, and their enthusiasm for the craft is infectious. Of course you are welcome to buy some of their produce to take home or you can even arrange to have it shipped home for you after your departure. THE LOCATION: Even by Tuscan standards this farmstay has an enviable location being just three kilometers from the gorgeous medieval town of San Gimignano. It is surrounded by classically beautiful Tuscan countryside, and being nearly 350 meters above sea level, the views are quite special, and make it a quite inspiring place for painters and photographers. It is also on the ancient pilgrimage route; the Via Francigena, which in medieval times ran from England, France and Switzerland all the way down through Italy to Rome. You can walk or cycle along the route and also take in some of the local historical religious sights like the Sanctuary of Madonna di Pancole, READ MORE