No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best pet friendly/dog friendly agriturismo farm stays & ranch stays in Portugal in 2022! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- In Paços de Gaiolo, Portugal, about 40 kilometres along the Douro Valley to the east of Porto, Quinta da Bouça is a very lovely escape to nature, with 16 hectacres of woodland, fruit orchards and vegetables gardens along with a seasonal outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. They have four spacious and comfortable self catering cottages to rent, all with kitchen and lounge with flat screen TV and WiFi. And guests are welcome to wander through the woods or gardens, pick up some fruit or vegetables and maybe meet some of the friendly Garranos horses, a rare breed of horse native to Northern Portugal and Galicia, Spain, which roam freely around the property. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “I can not recommend this place enough, it was absolutely gorgeous! We can not wait to be back there. It exceeded our expectations! Thank you!…” “The place is beautiful, peaceful, with amazing views. The owner, Paula, was super nice and helpful. I strongly recommend Quinta da Bouça if you want a completely stress free place to restore your energy….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DA BOUÇA: READ MORE
- Just outside the village of Vilar de Maçada in the Douro Valley of Northern Portugal, and about 20 minutes drive from the city of Vila Real, pet friendly Quinta de Fiães has a range of very nice rooms and self catering apartments on a working vineyard with an outdoor swimming pool. All their rooms, suites and apartments come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi, while the suites and apartments also have a kitchenette and a comfortable lounge area. The friendly staff can arrange a tour of the vineyards and tasting sessions of their wines. There is a very good on-site restaurant too where guests, including self catering guests, are served a free buffet breakfast every morning and where good traditional Portuguese food is available all day. There are shuttle buses every day to the city and the staff can organize baby sitting services too if required. And they can also arrange a shuttle service to and from Porto International Airport about an hour and a half away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing customer service – the owners go above and beyond to make it an enjoyable stay!..” “We felt really welcome as if staying with friends. Lovely rural location, surrounded by vineyards, excellent swimming pool, very good food…” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE
- Quinta de Palhacana is a peaceful, relaxing farm stay near Lisbon, Portugal, in the tiny village of Pereiro de Palhacana (A shuttle service can be arranged from Lisbon city centre or airport), and has B&B rooms in a farmhouse with a nice terrace, an outdoor swimming pool, gardens, horse stables and meadow fields. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their comfortable rooms come with private bathroom, WiFi, TV and air conditioning, and every morning there’s a good continental breakfast to be enjoyed in the restaurant, which, along with the stylish shared lounge, has nice views of the surrounding hills and which serves other light meals throughout the day. There is a bar too, and they stock a very good choice of local wines. Outside there is plenty of space with a swimming pool, terrace and gardens, where you can join in yoga sessions or just relax and read a book. THE FARM: Quinta de Palhanca has a horse farm at the back of the farmhouse with adjoining stables, and horse riding lessons can be arranged, along with guided rides; short trips around the farm or to explore the surrounding area. THE LOCATION: You’re less than an hour from Lisbon at the Quinta (a shuttle service can be arranged, as mentioned previously) and you’ll find staying in this area allows a real insight into rural Portuguese farming life, with unpretentious, welcoming & friendly people. There is some nice hiking to be done in the area; the Serra de Montejunto, for example, is about a half an hour’s drive north of the farmstay and at over 600 meters towers over the rolling hills between the Tejo River and the Atlantic. A climb up the Sierra makes for a good day out; but if that sounds a bit too much work there is also the national park surrounding the mountain which has some more gentle trails through lovely countryside. You’ll also be near one of Portugal’s Rota dos Vinhos, or wine routes, and the owners of Quinta de Palhanca, as well as being experts themselves on the subject, are happy to organize tours of nearby vineyards and wineries for their guests. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “It READ MORE
- A peaceful rural retreat near the historic city of Evora in Alentejo Portugal, Herdade da Amendoeira Agroturismo has B&B accommodation in a lovely, old style farmhouse surrounded by its 1700 acre farm estate which produces, amongst other things, a popular range of sheep cheeses and various jams. THE ACCOMMODATION: The agroturismo has eight rooms in total, four double and four twins, all of them are spacious, comfortable and clean and come with private bathroom, TV, air-con and mini bar. There is no WiFi in the rooms but it is available in the main hall & sitting room, and around the outdoor swimming pool. The double rooms are a few yards away from the main farmhouse with their own private terrace and lovely views over the surrounding area, while the ‘twin rooms’ surround the traditional patio area which was once used to house the estate horses. There are many common areas to discover; outdoor terraces, gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. Inside there is the great ‘Hunting hall’ where you can relax in the evening and where you’ll be treated to a very fine home cooked breakfast in the morning, including fresh orange juice, traditional regional ham, honey, jam and eggs, all of which are produced on the farm. And in the summer months they serve up a buffet lunch for an extra charge. THE FARM: The huge, 1700 acre estate is a calm and beautiful place to wander around though there is lot of activity going on; they have a traditional cheese making facility which produces around 30.000 packets per month from their herd of circa 1000 pure bred “saloia” sheep that they milk twice a day. They also keep hens, ducks and Limousine cattle, and they even have a distillery where they produce some lovely traditional Portuguese liqueurs. The guests are more than welcome to walk around the farm, visit all the facilities and, if the like, enjoy guided tours and food tastings of some of their top quality cheese, hams, honey, liqueurs and jams. There is a farm shop where you buy some to take home with you and they also provide workshops for those who would like to READ MORE
- In Peso da Régua, in the heart of Portugal‘s premier wine producing region, the Douro Valley, and about 100km from Porto Airport (Airport transfers can be arranged) Quinta de Marrocos is an award winning vineyard estate with B&B accommodation at its restored 17th century farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their homely, traditional style rooms all come with air conditioning, flat screen satellite TV, WiFi, private bathroom and a balcony with nice views of the surrounding mountains or the river Douro. You’ll also find a bar and restaurant here, and a nice shared lounge and terrace overlooking the gardens and vineyards. THE WINE: The big focus here is wine, specifically the Douro and Port wine of which the the region is famous. The Quinta de Marrocos estate has produced a number of award winning ports and they still make use of traditional granite presses where the grapes are pressed by foot, and cellars where the wine is aged in barrels, vats and casks of wood which gives the wine its famed complexity. There is a lot to learn and the estate owners organize very interesting vineyard tours, cellar tours and tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: Northern Portugal’s Douro Valley is well known for its wine, in fact it is reputed to be the longest continual wine growing region in the world. But besides that it is also beautifully rural with great stretches of rolling green hills and woodlands all around. Even if wine is not your thing you’ll still find it a very lovely place for exploring, with some nice hikes offering great views over the river below. It is also great for all sorts of outdoor activities; cycling, golfing, hiking, water sports, boat trips and horse riding can all be easily arranged; just ask at the Quinta for advice. For more education on the region we’d also recommend a trip to the Douro Museum, only about 4km from Quinta de Marrocos in the centre of Peso da Régua, where you can learn a lot more about this iconic region generally, with of course a major focus on the wine industry. Again not far from Quinta de Marrocos, on the the south bank of READ MORE
- Casa de Cacela is a very relaxing farmstay hotel in Vila Nova de Cacela, Portugal, just minutes from the Algarve coast, and has a range of B&B rooms among the fruit orchards and vegetable gardens which produce oranges, almonds, plums, loquats and many mor THE ACCOMMODATION: The comfortable rooms all come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi. There is also room service and guests can enjoy a drink at the hotel bar and lounge. And their breakfast is terrific, full of wholesome local produce some of which, like their great home-made jams, are made with ingredients straight from their farm. It has an outdoor swimming pool too in the gardens surrounded by sun loungers or you can rest under the shade of a tree in one of the hammocks. And guests can also arrange horse riding trips around the local area or rent bikes direct from the farm. THE LOCATION: Casa de Cacela is 50 kilometres from Faro International Airport, just 15 minutes from Tavira town centre and is close to numerous good local golf courses. There are a few good beaches very nearby too; Manta Rota Beach and Terra Estreita Beach for example are both just under 3 kilometres away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Charming in every way. Location, gardens and pool, architecture, decor, attention to detail. Friendly and laid back atmosphere...” “Lovely relaxing week at this beautiful peaceful location – well recommended!! ” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE