No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best self catering farm house stays in Portugal in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Quinta Do Mel Agroturismo is a peaceful and tranquil rural retreat near Portugal’s Algarve coast, and within easy reach of the cities of Albufeira and Faro. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farmstay can offer a self catering apartment plus a range of B&B rooms. All the rooms are super comfortable and clean and come with air con, WiFi, TV, private bathroom and under-floor heating, while the the self catering two bedroom apartment has all that plus a spacious lounge and kitchen. Outside there is a swimming pool in the gardens and plenty of space to relax with a seating area and sun loungers. THE FARM: There is an extensive eco-friendly organic farm at Quinta do Mel which breeds sheep and grows cork, fruits, vegetables and herbs and is now in its fourth generation of family ownership. The owners are enthusiastic about organic and eco-friendly farming techniques and are always happy to show guests around. They serve a great breakfast which is available at any time, and other good food and snacks can also be ordered throughout the day, many of the ingredients of which come straight from the farm including their own home made herbal teas and jams. THE LOCATION: Though very near Albufeira, Faro and the tourist masses of the Algarve, the farmstay and its immediate surroundings are very much peacefully rural. Most visitors never get to see this side of the Algarve but those that do find it a rich experience. The area, between the coast and the mountains of the north, is known as the Baroccal and it is classic Portuguese farming country with small white walled villages, rocky hills, fruit orchards and rolling plains of cork, olive and almond trees. The village of Alte is a nice example, and it’s just a short drive north of the farmstay. It has a nice setting in the foothills of the Serra do Caldeirão mountains, is known for the little springs (fontes) that run through the village and makes for a nice day out with plenty of cute cafes and small shops to visit. Having a car or a bike is a good idea in this area as public transport isn’t very widespread and READ MORE
- A very highly recommended agroturismo vineyard hotel near Porto in Portugal’s Vinho Verde-Douro Valley wine region, Agroturismo Pousadela offers a tremendous rural holiday experience: It’s in a beautiful setting with over 60 acres of vineyards and lots of hiking trails around the surrounding hills and forests, and the accommodation, the food and the service are all very much top class. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation in renovated traditional cottages around the grounds of the farm to sleep up to six guests. All their cottages are stylish and comfortable, and all have a well equipped kitchen and a lounge area with flat screen TV. Outside each there is a patio area with outdoor seating, plus you’ll have loads of outdoor space to explore or to relax in; the large vineyard of course but also terraced areas and the well tended lawns and gardens which also contain an outdoor swimming pool. The accommodation is self catering but breakfast is also included in the rate. It is served at the restaurant in the main farmhouse which is also open for other meals throughout the day. The food here is famously good and have a variety of traditional Portuguese dishes to be sampled. It is a vineyard obviously so you can enjoy some of their very own wines or wines from other Douro Valley producers at the restaurant all day too. They also have a shop at the farmhouse where you can also buy the wine as well as some other nice local food specialities, and of course staple foods to cook with while staying at the property. THE VINEYARD: There is a full 60 acres of vineyard, as well as numerous marked trails for walking, running and biking through the property and the surrounding hills and forests to be explored. They produce their own classic Vinho Verde and Douro Valley wines which you can sample for very reasonable prices at the farmhouse restaurant. They can arrange tasting sessions for guests too, and informative tours of the extensive vineyards. THE LOCATION: The agroturismo is less than an hour from the city of Porto and its international airport, (there is a shuttle READ MORE
- This luxury vineyard hotel & agriturismo on the south bank of the famous Douro River in Northern Portugal, has fabulous views over the Douro Valley and has long been a popular choice in this part of the world, especially with those who appreciate more than an extra touch of luxury. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation including four plush B&B rooms in the main farmhouse; a lovingly restored manor which dates back to the 17th Century, as well as two adjacent, equally plush self catering cottages. Check your options on the booking page here. Three of the B&B rooms are doubles and one a twin, and all are super clean, comfortable and suitably furnished in a rustic style, and they all come with en-suite bathroom with an old style bathtub, flat screen TV in the room and WiFi. The two self catering cottages are equally plush and stylish, and can fit up to eight guests. Each of them have two bedrooms and can fit an extra two extra guests in the lounge area. There is also a fully equipped modern kitchen & bathroom. Outside in the grounds you’ll find a terrace and a swimming pool, and some very well tended manor type formal gardens dating back to 1906 with a fish pond and even a historic, sanctified chapel. And the views from the property, as mentioned before, are simply stunning. THE FARM: The farm is set over 12 acres and contains a vineyard, olive groves and thousands of fruit trees, from which the owners produce their own red and white wines, olive oil, various types of fruit, and honey. Guests are welcome to tour the farm and learn how everything is done, while also getting to sample some of the fine fresh produce. THE LOCATION: Lying in the heart of the Douro Valley, just over an hour from Porto, the farm stay is an ideal base for exploring this famous agricultural region that, thanks to its special micro climate, has been producing wine, olives and various fruits and vegetables since as far back as Roman times. It is now of course mainly known as a wine region, with READ MORE
- On a cork farm in Portugal‘s Alentejo region, just a few kilometres from the border with Spain, Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo is a blissfully peaceful farmstay escape with B&B, and self catering accommodation, on 3500 hectacres of farmland that not only contains a huge amount of cork trees but also cattle, pigs, and fields of barley, oats, wheat and olives. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is tastefully decorated in rustic style in keeping with the low key, rustic atmosphere of the place. The B&B rooms are all super comfortable, with air conditioning, TV, study desk and private bathrooms, and there is plenty of space around the cottages and the gardens to relax, with an outdoor swimming pool and gardens, and indoor lounge area which includes a billiards table, and a large terrace with lots of seating space. The self catering accommodation is in separate cottages that are spacious and equally stylish and comfortable, with their own kitchen, lounge area and terrace, and guests there can also make use of the facilities at the main farmhouse. Note: No WiFi! THE FARM: The huge farm is open for guests to explore themselves, or with a guided tour, and they can learn a lot about looking after farm animals and the production of cereals, olives, and of course the world famous Alentejo cork. THE LOCATION: The surrounding area too is beautifully remote and peaceful and is great for a long meandering walk or cycle. The farm owners are always ready to give advice about what to see and do in the local area and can help organise fishing trips and canoeing around the local rivers. The nearest city to Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo would be Moura, about 40 km away, the city of Beja is 80km, while Evora, the capital of the Alentejo region, is just over 100km to the north west. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Splendid quiet retreat. Welcoming people and ambience….” “The remoteness of this place is fantastic and it has a great farm environment. We stayed at the lake house (the largest one) and it is really beautiful. There is plenty of space to roam and explore, with dogs and cows READ MORE
- This very popular organic & eco-friendly farm stay is just outside the city of Lagos on Portugal’s Algarve coast, with the nearest beach, Meia Praia, just four kilometres away while Faro airport is about 60 km. The farm produces a large range of organic fruit and vegetables in the fields and gardens, which you can buy for cooking at one of their self catering cottages, all of which come with a fully equipped kitchen, a lounge area with a flat screen TV, and a double bedroom and bathroom. They also have a small terrace at the front and outdoor seating space overlooking the gardens and the surrounding countryside. Apart from the beaches of the Algarve, the area around Quinta das Seis Marias is great for exploring; you’ll find plenty of places to go hiking and cycling, and you can hire bikes for free straight from the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful environment and comfortable accommodation. Able to pick herbs, tomatoes etc. right outside the front door….” “Fantastic! The hospitality, the place, the breakfast. It was amazing. They are doing everything to make it comfortable for you. Quiet place, close to the beach and the city….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DAS SEIS MARIAS: READ MORE
- Just outside Portimão, in the rural hinterland of the Algarve, Portugal, Burro Ville farmstay is a wonderfully peaceful escape from the region’s busy coastline, with comfortable accommodation on its working cattle and donkey farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a number of cosy self catering cottages, all with a kitchen and a lounge and dining area with flat screen cable TV and WiFi. Outside there’s a patio and on the spacious lawns you’ll find a nice swimming pool. And though it’s self catering, a very good breakfast is provided every morning and is included in the rate. THE FARM: The farm has both cattle and donkeys, but when it comes to agritourism the main attraction are definitely the donkeys: All of them are of the Mirandesa breed; they are native to the Terra de Miranda region of north eastern Portugal and are wonderfully placid, friendly companions. They are ideal for donkey rides and this can be arranged to explore the farm and the surrounding area. There is plenty of opportunity for hiking and cycling in the local area too, just ask at the farm for advice and recommendations, and the friendly owners can also arrange child minding services for an extra fee. THE LOCATION: The farm stay offers peace and quiet but is still within easy reach of the Algarve. It’s just 17km from Rocha Beach, one of the Algarve’s most popular, while the Algarve International Racing Track is just 4km away. Faro airport is 80km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The staff are so helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. The scenery is amazing and it is so quiet I had the best night sleep in ages….” “We loved to be immersed in the beautiful spring landscape and the possibilities to get the kids so close to all the animals. The swimming pool design, slightly lifted above the ground, was perfect to be able to relax on the lawn while the kids (1yr and 5yr) were playing safely around…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT BURRO VILLE: READ MORE
- Quinta da Tapada Agroturismo has self catering accommodation in a lovely traditional farmhouse near the old city of Evora, and the medieval village of Evoramonte, Alentejo, Portugal. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have studio, one and two double bedroom cottages, all of which are modern and clean with a lounge and kitchenette, and come with air-con, flat screen TV and WiFi. The studio has one double bed, as has the one bedroom unit but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge of the one bed unit which can fit one more person. The accommodation is self catering but also included in the price is a great buffet breakfast every morning full of fresh local produce some of it from their own farm. Outside there is a terrace area and extensive gardens where you’ll find beautifully tended lawns, ancient olive trees, a swimming pool and barbecue facilities. And there’s the farm too of course which you’re welcome to have a look around, with sheep, goats, pigs and hens, and a range of fruits, herbs and vegetables. THE LOCATION: The small, typically Alentejo, town of of Vimieiro is just down the road, about ten minutes walk away or less than two minutes drive. There you can find a supermarket, a few small shops, and nice restaurants and cafes. The land is flat in these parts and great for long walks, or for cycling and you can hire bikes for free at the farmhouse. Farther afield there is the medieval village of Evoramonte just 13km away and the famously beautiful and historic city of Évora 40km away. There you can marvel at its UNESCO protected historic centre and its many highlights such as the Roman era Temple of Diana and the 12th century Gothic Cathedral the Sé de Évora. Lisbon, and its international airport, is around an hour away directly to the west, and transfers to and from the farm stay can be arranged. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We absolutely loved our stay. The houses are traditional Alentejo style homes surrounded by beautiful scenery. Our room was more like a little apartment as it had its own kitchenette. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. READ MORE
- In Paços de Gaiolo, Portugal, about 40 kilometres along the Douro Valley to the east of Porto, Quinta da Bouça is a very lovely escape to nature, with 16 hectacres of woodland, fruit orchards and vegetables gardens along with a seasonal outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. They have four spacious and comfortable self catering cottages to rent, all with kitchen and lounge with flat screen TV and WiFi. And guests are welcome to wander through the woods or gardens, pick up some fruit or vegetables and maybe meet some of the friendly Garranos horses, a rare breed of horse native to Northern Portugal and Galicia, Spain, which roam freely around the property. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “I can not recommend this place enough, it was absolutely gorgeous! We can not wait to be back there. It exceeded our expectations! Thank you!…” “The place is beautiful, peaceful, with amazing views. The owner, Paula, was super nice and helpful. I strongly recommend Quinta da Bouça if you want a completely stress free place to restore your energy….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DA BOUÇA: READ MORE
- Just outside the village of Vilar de Maçada in the Douro Valley of Northern Portugal, and about 20 minutes drive from the city of Vila Real, pet friendly Quinta de Fiães has a range of very nice rooms and self catering apartments on a working vineyard with an outdoor swimming pool. All their rooms, suites and apartments come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi, while the suites and apartments also have a kitchenette and a comfortable lounge area. The friendly staff can arrange a tour of the vineyards and tasting sessions of their wines. There is a very good on-site restaurant too where guests, including self catering guests, are served a free buffet breakfast every morning and where good traditional Portuguese food is available all day. There are shuttle buses every day to the city and the staff can organize baby sitting services too if required. And they can also arrange a shuttle service to and from Porto International Airport about an hour and a half away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing customer service – the owners go above and beyond to make it an enjoyable stay!..” “We felt really welcome as if staying with friends. Lovely rural location, surrounded by vineyards, excellent swimming pool, very good food…” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE