No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best self catering farm house stays in United States in 2021! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Joshua Tree Ostrich Farm has a fully equipped self catering guest house on its small ostrich farm, in the peaceful little town of Dolan Springs, Arizona. It’s about three hours from the Grand Canyon and an hour and a half from Las Vegas in neighboring Nevada. The accommodation is clean and comfortable with WiFi throughout, a full kitchen, bathroom, a master bedroom plus a sofa in the lounge that pulls out into a queen size bed. Outside there’s a little porch with a barbecue and a stone fire pit. It’s a great chance to get to know some of these fascinating animals and guests are welcome to help out with the feeding etc. The surrounding area has plenty to offer too, with some great spots for hiking, canoeing and fishing, the farm owners are always happy to advise on this and can also organize such things as guided tours and kayak rental. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We loved it! The house was bigger than expected! Our kids loved seeing the Ostriches as well. We roasted marshmallows and made s’mores around the fire pit. It was a great end to our day at the Grand Canyon…..” “The house is located in a very peaceful and quiet area about 10 miles from the main Highway. It’s an ostrich farm! House is super nice and huge with very interesting design. In fact, it’s a log cabin! Perfect for outdoor lovers or just someone who wants to get away from Vegas’s hustle and bustle. 2 full bathrooms is a huge plus!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT JOSHUA TREE OSTRICH RANCH: READ MORE
- This lovely farm stay bed and breakfast inn is in Mount Carmel, Southern Utah near the Scenic Highway 89, and right across the street from Dixon House, the legendary Country music singer Maynard Dixon’s old home & recording studio, now a museum. The accommodation is in the form of spacious, old style cabins, with big wooden porches and lovely views of the surrounding countryside and a gorgeous backdrop in the form of the towering White Cliffs. The farm is also conveniently near three national parks; Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and, a little further away, the Grand Canyon. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have a great range of cabins, rooms and suites to sleep up to six people (take a look on the booking page here), all of which are spacious and nicely furnished with a distinct old time country ranch feel. They all have at least a kitchenette so are self contained but guests can also enjoy to a generous and tasty home made buffet breakfast at the main farmhouse every morning. Outside you have a lovely wooden porch area with seating and barbecue facilities, and in the gardens there is a swimming pool and a hot tub and a lily pad gold fish pond. Then there are the orchards, vegetable & herb gardens from where some of the ingredients for the breakfast come from. The farm is large and has lots of marked pathways that you can wander around and, if you’re feeling energetic, you can head for a hike down to the nearby creek or around the White Cliffs. If you’re lucky you may also spot some of the local wildlife; Elk, Deer, Elk, Wild Turkey, Condors READ MORE
- This historic western style dude ranch in Big Sky, Montana, near the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, scores top marks for horseback riding and fishing (The Gallatin river runs right through the farm) and the impressive scenery that surrounds it. They have a variety of very smart apartments and cottages all with cable TV and WiFi and some cottages contain a full kitchen or at least a kitchenette.Their highly rated seasonal restaurant (from June to the end of October and mid-December to the end of March) has Western style food and an extensive wine list. They organize horse riding tours around the nearby mountains and in winter, sleigh rides, and the friendly staff can also arrange things like babysitting, laundry and concierge services. They’ve got a business meeting hall too and in summer the garden is always good for a BBQ. READ MORE
- With a spectacular setting overlooking the Pacific Ocean this small Hawaiian farmstay retreat has comfortable self catering accommodation, surrounded by vegetable gardens and fruit trees, and puts a strong emphasis on rejuvenation, relaxation and healthy living. The Accommodation: The accommodation is a spacious double room with bathroom, an adjoining lounge area with cable TV, and a full kitchen. There is WiFi throughout the property, and outside you’ll find a nice garden terrace area with barbecue facilities and all around the views are spectacular. The hospitable owners can arrange all sorts of other activities for their guests during their stay; yoga and health and wellness coaching for example, and as professional chefs their cooking classes come very highly recommended. The Farm: The friendly owners are always happy to show guests around their small three acre farm which grows a lot of fruit; fifteen varieties of citrus, six varieties of avocados, and plenty more including bananas, papaya, as well as a range of vegetables and herbs. The owners are enthusiastic about small scale farming and are always happy to show guests around and give them some tips. You can also pick your own fruit and veg. for cooking with and, as mentioned previously, they also offer cooking classes where you can learn some good healthy recipes. They themselves can make meals for you too if you need, and you can be sure their food is of a very high quality. The Location: The farm stay sits 1500 feet high on the Island of Hawaii’s Maliu Ridge, near the lovely little town of Hawi, and has incredible views over the town and the vast blue ocean beyond. Because of the altitude the climate READ MORE
- Paradise farm is a friendly, homely, organic farm stay near Miami, Florida and just 10 minute’s drive from the Everglades National Park. The farmstay is an interesting place, it produces a range of organic vegetables, fruits, herbs and even edible flowers which they sell to local restaurants and specialist food outlets. Though it’s beside the town of Homestead and all modern conveniences, it is a wholly peaceful rural retreat full of tropical plants and wildlife and makes for a very relaxing break. The Accommodation: They have a choice of four self catering cottages and bungalows for up to eight people. All of them are spacious, clean and though well equipped and modern they fit very nicely into the surrounding nature filled gardens and farm. You’ll have a full kitchen there plus a lounge & dining area and varying numbers of bedrooms, and there is WiFi throughout. The Farm: The farm and gardens are beautifully designed with a gazebo and a natural pool and contain many exotic plant species and local wildlife, especially birdlife. The farm is small but produces a good amount of organic produce; ginger, mint and basil, oyster mushrooms, many root vegetables, a range of tropical fruit including bananas, mangoes, avocados and carambola, and honey. The farm produce is well known in the Miami area and they sell to some of the city’s top restaurants as well as local food stores. The owners are enthusiastic organic farmers who are always happy to show guests around the farm and let them sample some of their healthy produce. The Location: As mentioned the farmstay is near Miami, about 40 miles in fact and so is pretty easy to reach. It READ MORE
- Pa’ani Cabins farm stay in Mountain View, Hawaii, very near to Hilo international airport, is an authentic farm stay experience in cabins and bungalows with a sociable shared kitchen and surrounded by farm animals. Their cute cabins include a dinner table and chairs and in true rustic style have no electricity. The Bungalows are more modern with WiFi, flat-screen TV and DVD player. Both give you access to the shared kitchen and bathrooms and the large gardens with BBQ and terrace. The Volcanoes National Park is about twenty miles away and the surrounding countryside is beautiful to explore on horseback or bike. And all that can be arranged from the farm, and other services too, like quad bike hire, zip line tours, massage and special themed adventures for kids. READ MORE
- By the black sands of Pahoa, Hawaii, The Jungle Farmhouse is a comfortable self catering holiday cottage in the middle of the Hawaiian jungle. It comes with all modern conveniences including a flat screen TV with satellite channels and WiFi, en-suite suite bathroom and a lovely peaceful terrace overlooking the garden, which has BBQ facilities. And all around the farmhouse there is some great jungle hiking and trekking to be found, and The Lava Tree State Park is only about a mile away. You can get organic eggs from the farm’s hens and ducks and fresh fruit from the farm’s trees; papaya, bananas, avocados and pineapple. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing property, amazing host, amazing location. Seeing the sky glow red at night from the volcano and the outdoor shower were great. Would 100% recommend anyone to stay here – a real escape to a true jungle farmhouse!…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT THE JUNGLE FARMHOUSE: READ MORE
- In the heart of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains, Valle Crucis, North Carolina, this self-catering farmstay has very cute, old style wooden cabins in a woodland area perfect for hiking and horseback riding, with sledding and water tubing also possible within season. Each cabin is well heated and has a seating area with a sofa, a kitchenette, a full bathroom, an outdoor terrace/porch area, cable TV and WiFi throughout. The cabins are just about 10 minutes’ walk to Valle Crucis town centre and about 8km from the Foggy Mountain Gem Mine, with the Blue Ridge Parkway scenic highway also just a short drive away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful cabin. Very clean and cozy. The owners were very kind and welcoming. They clearly thought of every little detail to make the cabin as comfortable as possible. Would definitely recommend! Also: have dinner at Over Yonder just a few minutes away. Amazing food!…” “The cabin was so cute. Very clean and comfortable Bed was comfortable. The decor was really nice. Everything you need for a couple of nights. The owner helped us with our bags to the cabin. And is really quiet and relaxing….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT VALLE CRUCIS FARM: READ MORE
- Spring Creek is a luxury dude ranch stay in the middle of a wildlife sanctuary, high above the town of Jackson, Wyoming, with amazing views of the Teton Mountains. Though it’s in the middle of such wild, beautiful country Spring Creek has every modern facility; a spa, wellness and fitness center, tennis courts, an outdoor pool and a giant hot tub. There’s also a meeting room, on-site grocery store, cafe, a top quality restaurant and a bar. They have a variety of rooms and self catering apartments, all spacious, nicely decorated with wood, and extremely comfortable. The area is obviously famous for hiking and horseback riding both of which can be arranged on the Ranch. Plus many other outdoors activities such as wildlife safaris (where you can get to see bears, wolves and elk amongst other wild animals) and astronomy nights where you can gaze into the stars with large telescopes under the guidance of astronomy experts. Skiing too; they can arrange ski equipment hire in winter and they also have a free shuttle to the Jackson Hole Ski Resort. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Great location just outside Jackson, restaurant view stunning and best food all trip. Lovely small, busy pool. Wildlife outside our door. Super comfy beds and spacious rooms….” “The room was spacious and incredibly comfortable. We loved the balcony and watching the sunset from it. The restaurant was superb; the food was delicious (best in town) and the waiters were wonderful….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT SPRING CREEK RANCH: READ MORE
- Diamond 7 Dude Ranch has self catering cabin accommodation on a 10,000 acre ranch near the town of Sundance, north east Wyoming, just 30km from the famous Devil’s Tower and close to the Black Hills National Forest in neighboring South Dakota. It offers an old style Western dude ranch experience where the owners are at hand to show guests around the ranch on horseback, and you can also get involved with moving cattle and feeding the animals, as well as fishing, hiking, swimming and visiting the local rodeo. They have a range of comfortable air conditioned cabins and cottages, all with Wi-Fi and satellite TV and outside on the grounds you’ll find a barbecue and a hot tub. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The cabin was awesome, and very nice inside. The horses and the ranch were beautiful & the deer and dogs. Well worth the money. I HIGHLY recommend it….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT DIAMOND 7 GUEST RANCH: READ MORE
- Hidden among the Sangre De Cristo Mountains, near Taos, in the north of New Mexico, this is a peaceful and charming ecological farm stay with a number of self catering cabins on its 40 acre goji berry farm which also has a number of hens, sheep and goats. The old style cabins are rustic, homely and tastefully furnished. Outside the bedroom(s) you’ll find a well equipped kitchen, a lounge area and bathroom with a bathtub. The area around the farm is beautifully quiet and peaceful, surrounded by forest and mountains it gives a feeling of solitude that is both calming and inspiring; the type of place where creative types might come on retreat. It’s only about 15 minutes drive from the little town of Taos though, while the Taos Ski Valley and Red River can be reached in about a half hour. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “I love the whole farm setting. Chickens, llamas, goats, fruits, vegetables and the incredible quietness is what we needed it. Fully rested from stress. The little cabins were awesome, slept like a baby. The quietness of everything was exactly what I was looking for. Felt very connected with Nature and God. Breakfast was awesome and coffee was delightful. I will be back, for sure….” “Fabulous. It was super fun! Never stayed on a farm before… much better experience than I was expecting….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT TAOS GOJI FARM: READ MORE
- This popular dude ranch is just outside Sandpoint Idaho, U.S.A., in the middle of beautiful surroundings with great trails for horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, sleighing and winter sports, especially cross country skiing. There’s plenty to do at the farmhouse too with evening entertainment, a cosy shared lounge, a recreation room, an outdoor hot tub, a library, a children’s playground as well as meeting and banquest facilities. All of their cosy comfortable rooms have private bathroom and WiFi as standard and come with free breakfast, while their western style self-catering log cabins come with the same plus full kitchen and lounge but minus the breakfast. READ MORE
- The Cabins and Cottages at Shale Lake is a lake-side self catering farm stay in the town of Williamson, just north of St. Louis, Illinois, with horse stables, a vineyard and a winery. They have a good range of very comfortable cabins and cottages, all with full kitchen and lounge, TV and DVD player though with no internet access and outside they all have a patio with a fire pit and barbecue facilities. There are some nice hiking and biking trails around the lake and you can arrange bike hire from the owners. The lake is of course a great place to fish (catch and release only) and guests are welcome to explore the horse stables and vineyards and taste some of their wine at the winery. READ MORE