No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best vineyard hotel stays in France in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Among the rich vineyards of the Pays de la Loire , France, this very beautiful, rustic farm stay is in an old manor house surrounded by lawns, vineyards, a small organic farm and 100 year old woodland. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their 5 tastefully decorated rooms are comfortable and clean and have a certain old world elegance. They have private bathroom and WiFi and look out onto the the gardens, the farm and the lake, A very nice continental breakfast is served every morning and your hosts can also cook you some really fantastic regional cuisine some of which is made using the farm’s own produce. The owners used to run a restaurant in Paris and you will certainly not be disappointed by the food. THE FARM: The farm has a variety of animals, including horses, hens and peacocks. There is also an organic vegetable garden and a winery where the owners make their own range of organic wines. The owners are passionate about wine, and food, and love to show guests around the winery, allowing them to taste the produce and educate themselves a little on the delicate craft of organic winemaking. And they also organizes tours and visits to neighbouring vineyards. THE LOCATION: The Château borders the 100 kilometer wide Loire-Anjou-Touraine Regional Natural Park, which roughly follows the Loire River between Angers and Langeais. It’s a lovely area to explore with stretches of forest, hills and waterways interspersed with small farms and scenic towns. Candes-Saint-Martin is one such town with a lovely position overlooking the convergence of the Loire and Vienne rivers, the historic Chinon too is worth a visit, as is Crissay-sur-Manse, usually near the top of any kind READ MORE
- Le Clos du Grand Bois, Burgundy, offers quirky glamping accommodation on its extensive vineyard and cattle farm near the village of Lugny, also known as the little capital of the upper Macon area (the town of Macon itself, the real capital, is 20km away). The ‘rooms’ are in the form of wine bottle inspired cabins that can sleep up to four people, cosily, but surprisingly comfortably. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have five ‘barrels’ in total, all of them identical, beside the main farmhouse. As mentioned they can sleep up to four, on one double bed and two singles, and though the beds are very comfortable early risers may want to take any indulgent morning leg stretching routines to the little terrace outside. There are communal bathrooms and showers etc. at the farmhouse, all of them clean and modern plus there are communal spaces there too, a lounge area with a pool table and table football, and the dining room where you will be treated to a fine breakfast every morning in the company of the other guests. The atmosphere here is friendly and warm, mainly thanks to the hosts enthusiasm for their guests and for their wine making craft. Educational vineyard and cellar tours are offered along with wine tasting. The owners, the Lafarge family, are one of the oldest families in the area and have been producing Burgundy wines since the 17th century, so they know a great deal about wine, and about the history of wine in this, one of the world’s premier wine producing regions. Their wines you of course are welcome to sample, and to buy, at any time, and you can also arrange full home cooked meals READ MORE
- Le Clos Saint-Vincent is an elegant, upscale spa & winery hotel just outside the charming town of Ribeauvillé in France’s Alsace region. It makes a great base for exploring the Alsace wine route and the hotel can organize all sorts of wine tourism activities for guests. It also has a lovely location; on a hillside surrounded by vineyards and with lovely views over the town and the valley below. THE ACCOMMODATION: The individually decorated rooms & suites are all spacious, with en suite bathroom and flat-screen TV, and some come with a balcony or terrace with views over the garden or vineyards. There is an excellent restaurant at Le Clos too, with a great selection of local wines to be sampled alongside plenty of wholesome traditional French food. Guests can dine in the indoor dining room or weather permitting on the terrace outside. There is also a gym at the property, a wellness centre with massage facilities, a sauna and a hot tub, and an indoor swimming pool. THE LOCATION: Roughly half-way between Strasbourg and Mulhouse, (about 45 minutes from each) and right on the Alsace wine route, Ribeauvillé is a charming medieval town at the foot of the Vosges Mountains. It has a rich past and some very atmospheric, flower filled streets and squares with many classic Alsatian half timbered houses, as well as lots of cafes, restaurants and wine shops. Overlooking the town on a nearby hillside are the ruins of the Three Castles of the Lords of Ribeaupierre. They were built starting from the 11th century through to medieval times and have a mixture of architectural styles; Romanesque, Gothic and Early Renaissance. Though mainly in ruins they are READ MORE
- This 19th-century château, near Carcassone, has a variety of lovely rustic style, self catering accommodation on a famous Languedoc winery with nearly 300 acres of vineyards and olive groves. Their wines are highly prized and they do a full program of wine tourism activities; tours of the vineyards and wine cellars, tasting sessions etc., but even if you have very little interest in such things Château Canet is still a very pleasant, sociable place to stay with a lovely peaceful setting and plenty to do and see both around the estate and in the surrounding area. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a great range of accommodation on offer, mainly cottages but with some small apartments too. All are very charming, comfortable and clean and come in various sizes, with the largest covering 250 m² and which can sleep up to eight comfortably. Check your options on the booking page here. The accommodation mixes rustic and modern styles well, and generally doesn’t stray too far from the traditional French farmhouse look. They are comfortable, homely and well equipped and there is plenty of outside seating, dining and lounging space plus BBQ facilities, a swimming pool, tennis courts, a boules court and a playground for the kids. Beyond the gardens there are some small sections of farmland and woodland but the estate is mainly comprised of vineyards and olive groves. Château Canet is very well known in the region and has won numerous awards for both wine and olive oil with their Minervois (an AOC in this area of Languedoc-Roussillon) being a mixture of whites reds and rosé. Olive oil tasting sessions and educational tours are available as well as a full program READ MORE
- Surrounded by beautiful woodland and wine groves, Les Hauts De Chenas has B&B rooms on a working vineyard near Lyon in the heart of the Beaujolais/Burgundy region of Rhone-Alpes, France. It has an on-site winery for its highly rated red chenas wines, a small wine museum and its own restaurant which serves some great local food throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and bright with en-suite bathroom, TV and WiFi and a minibar, with some of the larger rooms having a seating area too. There’s plenty of space outside too with a terrace and large gardens leading on to the vineyards which contain a very cute children’ s playground as well as a hot tub/jacuzzi. Beaujolais is world famous wine country and the helpful owners of Les Haut de Chenas will be happy to advise on where to go and what to see in the surrounding area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! Really can’t fault this lovely place. The location on the hill above the village with views of the vineyards and the valley is superb….” “The welcome, the people, the terrific views, the general friendly atmosphere, the splendid wine made by the proprietor….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LES HAUTS DE CHENAS: READ MORE
- In Dieffenthal in the heart of the Alsace wine route, between Strasbourg and Colmar, France, Le Vieux Pressoir has self catering accommodation in a traditional Alsatian farmhouse on the grounds of a working vineyard estate. They have a huge choice of accommodation, ranging from double studio apartments to a huge, eight bedroom cottage gite, perfect for large groups. All of the accommodation you will find comfortable, clean and well equipped. You can hire bikes direct from the friendly owners and they are always happy to show you around the estate and winery, and teach you a little about their wine making. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Very pretty property with lovely gardens. We were able to check in much earlier than the advertised time and were made to feel very welcome….” “Friendly hosts, nice environment, good quality rooms. Well worth its price….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE VIEUX PRESSOIR: READ MORE
- Domaine de Gressac is a luxury organic agriturismo vineyard hotel/farm stay gite, near Avignon in the south of France, which is part winery part horse breeding farm. The accommodation is in the form of luxury, self catering, old stone cottages, the property, both inside and out, is nothing short of gorgeous, and is surrounded by a full 280 acre estate comprising of vineyard, pastureland, woodland and even a river beach. THE ACCOMMODATION: The gites are in the form of very charming stone cottages, with the largest being able to sleep up to 7 people. They are all built quite recently from the stones and beams of the old farmhouse which was lying in ruins before the present owners lovingly restored the entire place. Though technically new in that case, the gites feel thoroughly authentic, like classic south of France farm cottages but with very much modern levels of comfort and facilities. The furniture and fittings are all nicely chosen, though mainly contemporary they don’t seem to detract from the beautifully rustic feel of the property. They all have plenty of space, with good sized lounge & sitting areas, plush kitchens and bathrooms, and come with all mod cons; flat screen TV, air-con, WiFi etc. Beautiful as the gites are, the estate that surrounds them is even more impressive. There are the lovingly tended gardens and lawns with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for lounging around. Then there are the vineyards, from which the owners produce a range of reds, whites and rosés, all of which are organic. There is an on-site winery at the property too; the entire process is done in house and you can arrange READ MORE
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Domaine de Fontenille has a long reputation as a wine producing estate, with its first harvest being all the way back in 1638 but these days it is most well known for its Michelin star awarded restaurant; Le Champ des Lunes, and in general for being one of the finest boutique luxury hotels in rural Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has just 17 rooms in total (check the booking page here) and so is a somewhat intimate place. They run from standard doubles, through family rooms to top of the range suites all of which you will find spacious and elegant with high ceilings, wooden floors and tastefully rustic furniture. Perks include extra large beds, music systems, sound proofing and some particularly nice bathrooms, most of which will have traditional bathtubs along with modern showers. All of the rooms and suites are B&B, or just B as the breakfast is not included in the room rate (though it is worth the extra € 21 charge), but for self caterers they also have a nice two bedroom apartment which has full kitchen facilities, a good sized lounge and its own private garden. The building itself is quite lovely with plenty of common areas to relax in; lounges, library areas and of course their two restaurants: Fine dining can be enjoyed at the Le READ MORE
- La Closerie de Fronsac is a delightful 17th century manor house-vineyard hotel in a peaceful location near Bordeaux and the Dordogne River. There is a charmingly old fashioned feel to the property; it is cosy and quaint, and has the unmistakeable elegance of a bygone era. The area, Fronsac, is very much the heart of Bordeaux’s Right Bank, one of France’s, and the world’s, premier wine producing regions and you’ll also find their own wines superb. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of double and twin, en-suite, B&B rooms, all of them cosy and warm, with touches of art deco and art nouveau styles and lots of nice little bits and pieces of antique furniture and ornaments. Obvious modern touches are hard to spot, and though some may find the interiors a little quirky it does allow you to wake up in the morning and not quite know which decade, or which century, you find yourself in. Whatever about the styling, it is high level accommodation and the rooms are all extremely clean and comfortable. The house itself is imposing and grand, built of cream coloured stone and surrounded by flower beds, lawns and of course the vineyards. There is plenty of common space to enjoy inside the house, a very nice lounge area with fireplace for example and an outdoor terrace. You’ll find the breakfast excellent and the hosts charming and friendly who are very knowledgeable about the Fronsac region and its wines. They have been producing wine at La Closerie de Fronsac for three centuries now and to this day it is made in the very atmospheric cellar with ancient walls of stone and earth. Guests are free to READ MORE
- Near the beautiful city of Carcassonne, in the old Languedoc Roussillon region (now Occitanie) of France. This lovely, very friendly, boutique vineyard hotel is surrounded by the farm’s own grapevines and guests are free to wander the vineyards and enjoy wine tasting in the company of the extremely knowledgeable hosts. The rooms here are super clean and comfortable with private bathroom and WiFi but the real draw here is the wine and the food. The hosts are very enthusiastic about both, and they are great cooks. They produce some amazing meals shared by all the guests in an informal atmosphere, and washed down of course with generous helpings of their own quality wine. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The hosts made us feel like family. Wonderful, delicious meals. Very comfortable bed. We would love to stay there again!…” “Fantastic location. Fantastic facilities. Fantastic food. Fantastic people! Loved the tour and my wine has been delivered already! Thank you….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT O’VINEYARDS B&B: READ MORE
- Near both Gordes and Ménerbes, in Provence’s Luberon region, La Bastide du Marie is a gorgeous property; a beautifully restored 18th century manor house surrounded by 57 acres of vineyards, gardens, olive trees and lavender groves. It offers very much a luxury experience but rooted in authenticity; the entire space, both the building and the grounds are immaculately kept and display a great deal of historical elegance. There are two swimming pools here, spa facilities, a winery and an excellent restaurant. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation ranges from Classic double/twin rooms through to what they term the Bastide double/twin rooms and the Marie double suites to a fantastic private villa in the grounds that can sleep up to ten people in its 5 en-suite double bedrooms. The Bastide rooms have a more opulent feel than the Classics and are slightly more expensive though they are roughly the same size at 25 sq. meters. They are all beautifully decorated and furnished with a nod to the Provence of the past; lovely old stone walls, antique furniture, elegant soft furnishings and pastel shades abound. The bathrooms are lovely too and all come with a traditional standing bathtub. The suites have the same beautifully rustic old Provence feel but, at around 50 sq. meters, have twice the space to enjoy. If you have a larger group the spacious private villa is a wonderful place to stay. It has 5 en-suite double bedrooms, a lounge, a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a private terrace, and its own outdoor swimming pool. THE FOOD & THE WINE: The food here has an excellent reputation from the breakfast to the lavish evening meals. You can book B&B, or include a lunch and dinner package on READ MORE
- Château de Labro is a luxury B&B vineyard hotel & spa near the town, and international airport, of Rodez in what is now known as the Occitanie region of France, formerly Midi-Pyrénées. The property is a 16th century château that oozes elegance and old world class both inside and out. The food, and the wine, is fantastic and outside there are some beautiful gardens, vineyards and a swimming pool. One little novelty of the place is that they also have a luxury treehouse among the orchard trees in which you can spend the night (Look out for it on the booking page!). THE ACCOMMODATION: The above mentioned treehouse is the most popular option which is usually booked out well in advance. It’s quite a thing, more like a luxury double studio apartment than a classic treehouse, it even has a chandelier for example. A lot of people though may prefer to stay in the actual château which has marvelously romantic rooms, with four poster beds and antique furniture. Most of the rooms are doubles but they also have a family room to sleep up to four and a self catering apartment which can also sleep up to four. All of the accommodation is of the very highest quality, it is a luxury hotel after all, but what separates Château de Labro from most is the beautifully old fashioned decor. It feels a little like stepping back in time, in a good way, especially in the bedrooms, where even the modern touches are consistently tasteful. The food at the chateau is a highlight, always in season and local as much as possible, and they have a suitably good wine list. It is READ MORE
- In the heart of South West France’s Saint-Émilion vineyard country, about a half and hour from Bordeaux, Le Pavillon Villemaurine provides luxury B&B accommodation in a classically elegant Château surrounded by fields of vine. Their rustic rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable with en-suite bathroom with bath, flat screen TV with cable channels and WiFi throughout the building. Their breakfast is suitably excellent too with smoked salmon, various pastries and fresh fruit etc. available, but the main attraction of this hotel is the wine. The owner is extremely knowledgeable on the subject, and equally enthusiastic, and as well as making a few wines of his own on the premises he can also arrange some very good wine tours in the surrounding area. Le Pavillon Villemaurine sells out fast so you’re advised to book well ahead! And sorry, but no children or pets. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is one of the nicest properties that we have stayed in over the last few years travelling around various parts of Europe….” “We loved everything about our stay! The beds were SOO comfy! Breakfast was delicious! Beautiful decor! and we loved our hosts!…” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE PAVILLON VILLEMAURINE: READ MORE
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5 star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a choice of 63 different rooms and suites, all of which are spacious and extremely comfortable, and with all modern facilities. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool in the lovely gardens and a very highly rated bistro restaurant serving up a range of Provençal and French specialities as well as some of the best wines in Provence. There is a spa, gym and wellness center which also has an indoor swimming pool, and massage services plus various well-being and beauty treatments are offered. You’ll find a full service of wine tourism at this vineyard hotel; educational vineyard tours, wine tasting sessions etc. are all here, and they can also arrange tours of some of the other wineries in the area as well as lavender farms and distilleries. THE LOCATION: La Coquillade is situated between Luberon and Ventoux in Provence with its nearest city being Avignon. The countryside in this part of France is absolutely gorgeous and very enjoyable to tour around whether by car or by bike, and the hotel has plenty of quality bikes and biking equipment that can be rented by guests. If you’re here in summer you’ll also get a chance to see the above mentioned lavender fields in full bloom. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! The pools, the views, the spa, the food, the staff – everything READ MORE