No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best vineyard hotel stays in Portugal in 2020! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Quinta do Rocha is ideally placed for a relaxing break in the heart of some of Portugal’s most lovely countryside; the northern part of the country’s largest vineyard region; Vinho Verde. They have B&B accommodation in a beautiful old mansion farm house, surrounded by vineyards and orchards, which has been in the same family for generations. It is beautifully situated on a lightly wooded hillside with an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens, and the views all around are really quite stunning. THE ACCOMMODATION: The house is large and has a great range of rooms to choose from. All of them are double or twins, though there is one unit which consists of two connecting rooms that can sleep up to four people. They are all classic style, rustic and romantic, and have a nice air of old fashioned opulence. The entire house in fact, feels somewhat from a different, much more grand, era. There is lots of space both inside and out, and you can spend your days by the pool or exploring the orchards and vineyards and in the evenings enjoying a drink on the terrace, which will doubtless include some of their own home grown Vinho Verde wine. And you will be treated to a great breakfast every morning with fresh fruit juice from the farm’s own orchards. THE LOCATION: The Vinho Verde wine region takes up much of Portugal to the north of Porto and is the country’s largest wine growing region. The countryside around Quinta do Rocha, to the north of Braga is surprisingly under visited by foreign tourists, being as it is somewhat over-shadowed by the more well known Douro Valley just to the READ MORE
- In Peso da Régua, in the heart of Portugal‘s premier wine producing region, the Douro Valley, and about 100km from Porto Airport (Airport transfers can be arranged) Quinta de Marrocos is an award winning vineyard estate with B&B accommodation at its restored 17th century farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their homely, traditional style rooms all come with air conditioning, flat screen satellite TV, WiFi, private bathroom and a balcony with nice views of the surrounding mountains or the river Douro. You’ll also find a bar and restaurant here, and a nice shared lounge and terrace overlooking the gardens and vineyards. THE WINE: The big focus here is wine, specifically the Douro and Port wine of which the the region is famous. The Quinta de Marrocos estate has produced a number of award winning ports and they still make use of traditional granite presses where the grapes are pressed by foot, and cellars where the wine is aged in barrels, vats and casks of wood which gives the wine its famed complexity. There is a lot to learn and the estate owners organize very interesting vineyard tours, cellar tours and tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: Northern Portugal’s Douro Valley is well known for its wine, in fact it is reputed to be the longest continual wine growing region in the world. But besides that it is also beautifully rural with great stretches of rolling green hills and woodlands all around. Even if wine is not your thing you’ll still find it a very lovely place for exploring, with some nice hikes offering great views over the river below. It is also great for all sorts of outdoor activities; cycling, golfing, hiking, water sports, boat READ MORE
- Just outside the village of Vilar de Maçada in the Douro Valley of Northern Portugal, and about 20 minutes drive from the city of Vila Real, pet friendly Quinta de Fiães has a range of very nice rooms and self catering apartments on a working vineyard with an outdoor swimming pool. All their rooms, suites and apartments come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi, while the suites and apartments also have a kitchenette and a comfortable lounge area. The friendly staff can arrange a tour of the vineyards and tasting sessions of their wines. There is a very good on-site restaurant too where guests, including self catering guests, are served a free buffet breakfast every morning and where good traditional Portuguese food is available all day. There are shuttle buses every day to the city and the staff can organize baby sitting services too if required. And they can also arrange a shuttle service to and from Porto International Airport about an hour and a half away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing customer service – the owners go above and beyond to make it an enjoyable stay!..” “We felt really welcome as if staying with friends. Lovely rural location, surrounded by vineyards, excellent swimming pool, very good food…” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE
- This luxury vineyard hotel & agriturismo on the south bank of the famous Douro River in Northern Portugal, has fabulous views over the Douro Valley and has long been a popular choice in northern Portugal , especially with those who appreciate more than an extra touch of luxury. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation including four plush B&B rooms in the main farmhouse; a lovingly restored manor which dates back to the 17th Century, as well as two adjacent, equally plush self catering cottages. Check your options on the booking page here. Three of the B&B rooms are doubles and one a twin, and all are super clean, comfortable and suitably furnished in a rustic style, and they all come with en-suite bathroom with an old style bathtub, flat screen TV in the room and WiFi. The two self catering cottages are equally plush and stylish, and can fit up to eight guests. Each of them have two bedrooms and can fit an extra two extra guests in the lounge area. There is also a fully equipped modern kitchen & bathroom. Outside in the grounds you’ll find a terrace and a swimming pool, and some very well tended manor type formal gardens dating back to 1906 with a fish pond and even a historic, sanctified chapel. And the views from the property, as mentioned before, are simply stunning. THE FARM: The farm is set over 12 acres and contains a vineyard, olive groves and thousands of fruit trees, from which the owners produce their own red and white wines, olive oil, various types of fruit, and honey. Guests are welcome to tour the farm and learn how everything READ MORE
- A very highly recommended agroturismo vineyard hotel near Porto in Portugal’s Vinho Verde-Douro Valley wine region, Agroturismo Pousadela offers a tremendous rural holiday experience: It’s in a beautiful setting with over 60 acres of vineyards and lots of hiking trails around the surrounding hills and forests, and the accommodation, the food and the service are all very much top class. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation in renovated traditional cottages around the grounds of the farm to sleep up to six guests. All their cottages are stylish and comfortable, and all have a well equipped kitchen and a lounge area with flat screen TV. Outside each there is a patio area with outdoor seating, plus you’ll have loads of outdoor space to explore or to relax in; the large vineyard of course but also terraced areas and the well tended lawns and gardens which also contain an outdoor swimming pool. The accommodation is self catering but breakfast is also included in the rate. It is served at the restaurant in the main farmhouse which is also open for other meals throughout the day. The food here is famously good and have a variety of traditional Portuguese dishes to be sampled. It is a vineyard obviously so you can enjoy some of their very own wines or wines from other Douro Valley producers at the restaurant all day too. They also have a shop at the farmhouse where you can also buy the wine as well as some other nice local food specialities, and of course staple foods to cook with while staying at the property. THE VINEYARD: There is a full 60 acres of vineyard, as well as READ MORE
- Casa Lata Agroturismo is a very popular farm stay/vineyard hotel stay near Braga, Portugal in the heart of the Vinho Verde wine region, with a mixture of rooms in its plush farmhouse surrounded by olive groves, orange trees and grape vines. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their comfortable, hotel standard, rooms come with flat screen TV and private bathroom, and they also have a sociable dining area and lounge at the property as well as an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens. THE WINE: The main attraction here seems to be the wine though and the owners are always happy to show guests around, teach them about the wine making processes and of course take part in wine tasting sessions. At the moment they produce red and white wines under the Terras de Amares brand with its white Loureiro being a particular favourite. THE LOCATION: The Vinho Verde region of Portugal, up in the north near the border with Galicia, Spain, is the country’s largest wine growing region and has been producing wine for at least two thousand years. Most visitors to the area will have an interest in wine though in itself the region is pleasant to travel around; classic Northern Portuguese terrain with fertile, green hills all around, meandering rivers and gentle sloping valleys. You’ll find the area around Casa Lata Agroturismo less touristic than the Douro Valley to the south, the majority of the wineries here are small scale family affairs but some of them do offer visits and tours. The owners at Casa Lata Agroturismo are always happy to advise on other vineyards to visit as well as their own. Nearby towns of note include historic Guimarães, with its READ MORE
- The 3 star A Serenada Enoturismo is just over an hour from Lisbon, Alentejo, Portugal, and has luxury accommodation with commanding views over the surrounding, richly rural, countryside known as the Serra de Grândola. It’s a very impressive property surrounded by its own vineyards and cork plantations and consistently gets rave reviews from guests. There is great attention to detail in terms of comfort, style and decor, you’ll find the food and wine top quality and the service equally so. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 6 rooms and suites, all of which are plush, inviting and luxury hotel standard, though the more spacious ‘Balcony Suite’ steals the show with what is more like a private terrace than a balcony with nice views over the vineyards. There is an infinity type outdoor swimming pool in the gardens and lots of seating and lounging space too. All the rooms are B&B and the fresh buffet breakfast makes a great start to the day. You can also order further meals at any time, they will be consistently good and come well paired with a selection of their own wines. THE ESTATE: It’s a pretty large estate and lovely to wander around. They also have bikes at the property for guests to use and you can arrange picnic hampers to take with you on your travels. Wine is the main business at A Serenada of course and you can visit the wine cellars and take part in tasting sessions etc. The staff are known for their knowledge and enthusiasm and are always happy to impart the same to guests. It’s not all wine though, this being Alentejo, the world’s biggest supplier of cork, READ MORE
- Herdade dos Grous, near Beja, Alentejo, Portugal, is a luxury hotel on a 1700 acre organic farm estate that produces award winning wine and olive oil and has an outdoor swimming pool in the extensive gardens, and an artificial lake on the farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of top class suites and rooms, all of them with private bathroom, minibar, WiFi and satellite TV, plus the suites have a spacious seating area with an open fireplace. There is a high quality restaurant and bar on site which serves the finest local food plus all of their own award winning wines, and a snack bar open throughout the day. Or guests can entertain themselves playing tennis on the estate’s courts, playing billiards or table tennis, or going for a swim in the pool followed maybe by a visit to their sauna where massages are available for an extra fee. THE FARM: This huge estate has a fully working farm, breeding Alentejo cattle, merino sheep and of course horses. The provide horse riding lessons and guided trails around the estate and the surrounding countryside, which you can also tour by bike with bike rental from the hotel. They have extensive vineyards and olive groves too, that allows them to produce their own Herdade dos Grous award winning branded wines and olive oil. Guests are welcome to tour the estate and the winery, and to take a look at the production of the wine and olive oil, along with tasting sessions of both. Much of their produce goes in to their wonderful meals and you can also buy some to take home from their on-site farm shop. THE LOCATION: The farm stay READ MORE
- Agroturismo Herdade do Amarelo Nature & Spa is a luxury B&B farm stay in Alentejo, Portugal, within the Vincentian Coast Natural Park. It’s about 7km from the well known village of Vila Nova de Milfontes, 10km from the town of São Luís, and about 200km from Lisbon. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms are luxurious and spacious and all come with a private entrance and terrace, a flat screen TV, WiFi and a minibar, and some of the larger rooms also have a private hot tub. Herdade do Amarelo also has a Spa and Wellness centre. There’s an outdoor gym, a salt water swimming pool and a jacuzzi and they have a range of massage services available all day. You’ll find a nice range of good homemade food and wine here too; they have a great buffet breakfast in the morning and various snacks, light meals and drinks are available throughout the day. THE FARM: It’s a working farm with cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, hens, vegetable gardens, olive trees and vineyards, all of which are organic. Guests are welcome to explore the farm and take part in activities such as looking after the animals and picking olives and grapes etc. You can also learn a little about the production of olive oil and wine and join some tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: The surroundings; the Vincentine Coast Natural Park is great for exploring and you’re never far away from some of Alentejo’s best beaches. You can hire bikes for free from the farmstay, the staff are always ready to provide good advice about the many cycling and hiking routes nearby and they can arrange horse riding and canoeing trips amongst others. WHAT OTHER READ MORE
- Along the banks of the Corgo River, Quinta do Vallado is one of the most famous winery estates in the Douro Valley with a history going all the way back to 1716. It once belonged to the pioneering port wine maker, Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to her descendents today. It is now a modern, luxury boutique hotel, but also with more traditional style accommodation in the old manor house, and you can expect the very best in comfort, service, and of course food and wine. It also has spa facilities, an outdoor swimming pool and a jacuzzi. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of lovely rooms and suites 5 of them in the old manor house, and 8 in a new, rather unusual looking, modern wing, built back in 2012 mainly from slate, another thing this region of Portugal is well known for. The manor house rooms are a bit more traditional though it would be a stretch to call them rustic. The emphasis is generally on comfort and modern style, something which is even more in abundance in the sleek modern wing where the rooms all come with balconies and some superb views. The pick of the bunch there is the suite; a nicely designed 43 sq m space with a living room, bedroom and a balcony looking out on the vineyards and the river. There is an excellent buffet breakfast to be enjoyed every morning plus you can treat yourself to some great evening meals, and snacks throughout the day. Food lovers will also appreciate the chef’s own cooking classes, ask at reception, or at the restaurant, for details. Not forgetting the wine; Quinta do READ MORE