No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best vineyard hotel stays in Spain in 2022! You'll generally find vineyard hotel stays a notch above regular farm stays in terms of comfort and quality. But this of course is not the main attraction; wine is. Anyone with even just a passing interest in wine will absolutely appreciate the craft and care that goes into its production.
Most of these vineyard hotels will have small, boutique wineries and naturally you'll be welcome to sample the wine and learn about the processes involved, from grape to bottle. Browse our selection below of the best vineyard hotels in Spain in 2022.
- Outside Marçà, in the wine-producing Priorat area of Catalonia, Mas Figueres has comfortable B&B rooms on a working vineyard just over a half an hour from Barcelona Reus Airport. They have a wine shop on site where you can buy wine to take home and the friendly owners also offer tours of the vineyards as well as wine tasting sessions. The food is excellent too with plenty of local produce including vegetables straight from their own farm. All rooms have private bathroom and WiFi and nice views over the vineyards and some also come with a private balcony. There is a swimming pool in the gardens outside and a nice comfortable lounge inside with an open fireplace and TV. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful place in the countryside, excellent access to local vineyards. Very peaceful and relaxing. Plus, excellent breakfast….” “Great visit, would stay there again! Breakfast was great, with a freshly cooked egg dish plus a good selection of cold items, including meats cheese, bread and fruit. The location was very convenient. The owner, Quima, is incredibly helpful and helps you do everything you want to do by making reservations, providing information, etc. The house itself is lovely, with nice common areas to spend time in….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT MAS FIGURES: READ MORE
- In Pla del Penedès, near Barcelona, and in the heart of Catalonia’s wine region, B&B wine and cooking Penedès specializes in exactly that, producing its own organic wines and cava and offering guests a variety of very good vineyard tours, wine tasting and cooking classes. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a number of B&B rooms in the nicely renovated 17th-century farmhouse, and all of them are comfortable and clean with WiFi, flat screen TV and private bathroom. And outside there is plenty of space to relax in the terrace and gardens which also have a children’s play area. THE WINE & THE FOOD: The enthusiastic owners offer very good cooking classes (In English, Spanish or Catalan) where you can learn to prepare a range of Catalan and Spanish classic dishes such as Pa amb tomàquet with jamón ibérico, gazpacho, crema catalana and a number of seasonal tapas. Though not professional chefs their food is of a very high quality and they provide a generous buffet breakfast in the morning as well as various meals and snacks throughout the day. Guests are always welcome to tour their vineyard and discover more about the process of organic wine making. They can also arrange tours and tasting sessions at the nearby organic and biodynamic winery; Parés Baltà. You’ll also find an organic shop at the farmstay where you can take home some local wines, cava and olive oil. THE LOCATION: In terms of location, the town of Puigdàlber is less than five minutes away by car, Vilafranca del Penedès around the same. Your nearest beach will be at Sitges, around 20 minutes to the south, while the nearest airport is Barcelona El Prat, at about 50km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Could not possibly have been better! It was perfect. A beautifully restored Catalonian rural home, set in the middle of the vineyards of Penedés. Marta, the host, could not possibly have done any more to make our stay more amazing. She organised all of our visits to wineries, provided bikes for us to cycle around, made recommendations for meals, booked taxis, and generally took care of our every need….” “A beautiful location, delicious READ MORE
- This Tenerife, Canary Islands, farm stay has accommodation in the form of a rustic, very spacious, self catering 18th-century Canarian farm house with four double/twin bedrooms, a large lounge area with a fireplace and satellite TV, and a full kitchen. The property has its own vineyard and also raises flowers and has a bonsai tree greenhouse. Plus there is a kid’s playground in the gardens as well as barbecue facilities and outside tables, chairs and sun loungers. The surrounding area, Tacoronte, a well known wine producing area is very nice to explore, plus the house is also very near the famous beaches of Tenerife. You can also go hiking and play golf within close reach of the farm, and your nearest airport, Tenerife North, is only about ten minutes away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This is a lovely old house. It has absolutely everything you need and more. Perfectly situated and very well maintained. Our host Jose was extremely helpful and accommodating. We plan a return visit…” “This place is simply perfect. Spacious, clean, every bedroom has its own bathroom. Beautiful garden. We want to come back…” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE
- Just outside the village of Meaño in Galicia, Spain, and not far from the city of Pontevedra, Eirado Do Pino farmstay has clean and comfortable rooms surrounded by a vineyards and orchards, plus a small animal farm. All their rooms have TV, WiFi and private bathroom, there is a shared lounge and dining room too where you can order some really good, typically Galician meals with plenty of seafood and tapas. Guests are free to roam the farm, visit the on-site winery, and to sample some of the farm’s produce. The friendly owners can also arrange bike hire and horse riding for exploring the surrounding villages and lovely green Galician countryside. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We loved its location!!! the house between vineyards, the kindness of its owners, Alberto and Inés, and the dinners at the taverna…” “The passionate and pleasant way in which this family runs the business makes you feel at home. The facilities were very good and clean, and the food at the taverna was delicious….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT EIRADO DO PINO READ MORE
- Hotel Mastinel, in Vilafranca del Penedes near Barcelona, Catalonia/Catalunya, certainly isn’t your average farmhouse; It’s a five star vineyard hotel in a very striking and architecturally unique property that represents bottles of wine laid flat. THE ACCOMMODATION: As you might imagine in such a building the rooms are also unique from inside ‘the bottle’. They are also stylish and very comfortable, with WiFi and flat screen TV, work desk, mini fridge, private bathroom (which in most rooms comes with a bath) and all have nice views over the vineyards below. There is a really top class, but still excellent value, restaurant, a wine shop and a wine therapy room on the premises. The property is large and has lots of public space for indoor and outdoor dining and drinking, as well as a swimming pool in the gardens. THE FOOD & WINE: It has won many awards for its design but its not the only attraction, the quality of the accommodation, the service, the Catalan and Mediterranean cuisine and of course the wine and cava, are all excellent and it all together makes for a truly luxurious experience. But where Hotel Mastinell differs from a usual 5 star hotel is in terms of educating its guests; they do very good on site wine tasting sessions, vineyard and culinary tours and allow guests to watch the preparation of the rich variety of Catalan and Mediterranean cuisine they serve in the restaurant. You can also organize more formal cooking classes with their chefs too. So all in all a quite immersive experience for the food and wine lover. THE LOCATION: The surrounding area is peaceful and tranquil and is popular place for well heeled residents of Barcelona to get their rural fix. Activities include horse riding, cycling and hiking in the nearby hills and mountains, and tours can be arranged from the reception staff, who can be relied upon to give good recommendations of what to see and do in the area. It’s about 45 minutes by car to central Barcelona, while the beaches of Sitges and Vilanova i la Geltrú are just about 20 minutes away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A gem READ MORE
- Pago de Trascasas is an atmospheric vineyard & winery hotel near Valladolid, in Cubillas de Santa Marta, Spain, where you can enjoy some top quality wine, food, rest and relaxation. They have B&B rooms is in a classically rustic Spanish farmhouse surrounded by vineyards from which they produce red and rose Cigales wines using both modern and traditional techniques. It is a well known enotourism centre in the region and you can partake in guided vineyard and cellar tours, as well as wine & food tasting sessions. THE ACCOMMODATION: The have eight double and twin B&B rooms at the hotel, all of which are nicely decorated in traditional Castilian style and full of character. They have all the usual modern comforts too; private bathrooms, digital TV and WiFi. There is plenty of common space at the hotel too; a lounge area and a library & reading room (mainly with books about wine). They have a billiard table at the property too and of course there is the restaurant and dining room. You can expect a good and generous breakfast in the morning and later, some top quality evening meals made with some fine local produce. As mentioned, they have a full program of wine tourism on offer, with tasting sessions of their wines matched with various food stuffs like cheeses and homemade sausages, and educational vineyard and cellar tours. THE LOCATION: The vineyard hotel is conveniently near Valladolid, just 20km in fact and is in a strongly agricultural area well known for its wine and food production. You can go for hikes around the nearby Torozos Mountains or along the famous Canal de Castilla. The village itself, Cubillas de Santa Marta is a cute, classically Castilian little place with some small cafes, shops and restaurants and the 13th century Cistercian Church of Santa María at its centre point. Madrid is a little over two hours to the south. Salamanca can reached in just over an hour, Burgos in a little less than an hour and Leon in about an hour and a half. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Serious comfort and attention! Lovely private bodega providing everything someone traveling through could ask READ MORE
- Just outside the town of La Codosera, next to both the Spain/Portugal border and the Sierra de San Mamede National Park, Casa Rural Camino del Alentejo has a range of nice B&B rooms with private bathroom, flat-screen TV and WiFi on a working farm and vineyard. The serve a nice breakfast too with some good local produce including from their own farm and of course you are welcome to taste some of the wine they produce too. The farm has a nice outdoor swimming pool plus barbecue facilities in the gardens. The surrounding area, and Extremadura in general, is fantastic for hiking, and particularly bird watching, with the farm stay being right beside the Sierra de San Mamede National Park. There are some very nice towns to visit too; the famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Mérida and Cáceres for example are just under an hour’s drive away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Really comfy bed, air conditioning, superb shower and excellent breakfast. Maria was very friendly and helpful….” “Absolutely superb. A wonderful host and a beautiful room within a delightful house. Nice terrace and a good swimming pool. Breakfast was lovely and included in the price. Don’t hesitate to visit this place but do a little research on the address as it proved a little difficult to find….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT CASA RURAL CAMINO DE ALENTEJO: READ MORE
- One of the most illustrious properties on FarmStayPlanet, Hacienda Zorita near Salamanca, Spain, is a luxury wine hotel & spa on a picturesque 14th century Dominican Estate that even back then served as a ‘casa hospitalaria‘, i.e. a lodging house, and an organic (no choice not to be organic in those days!) farm, exactly as it does today. It is a very much a place to spoil yourself with the finest of food, wine and spa facilities to be enjoyed. And even in medieval times it was able to attract some high profile guests with Christopher Columbus having stayed here on a fund raising tour before his voyage of discovery to the Americas. The location is fantastic too. It sits by the famous Duero River, in an area famous for having some of Spain’s best wineries, including Hacienda Zorita itself of course, and is also very near the UNESCO World Heritage City of Salamanca, a must see in central Spain. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of B&B rooms and suites, all of which are beautifully appointed, spacious, clean and comfortable but with a distinct rustic style in keeping with the historical nature of the property. You will find the usual suspects in every room; air-conditioning, minibar, WiFi, satellite TV, DVD player, plus some terrific massage showers in the bathrooms. Pieces of art and antiques abound throughout the property, in both the rooms and the common areas, of which there are many, including lounges, bars and dining rooms. The grounds are lovely to wander around too; around the banks of the Duero River, and through the beautifully landscaped gardens. Pamper yourself then at the excellent spa facilities (which have some unique olive, and wine, skin treatments amongst others), retire to one of the lounges or bars, catch a movie in the film room maybe, or enjoy some fresh, top quality farm to table food, and vineyard to table wine, in one of the dining rooms. You can also enjoy wine and cheese tasting sessions and arrange yoga sessions, picnics on the lawn or even catch a movie at the open air cinema (open in summer only!). Farther afield are the vineyards READ MORE