No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Near to St. Etienne and among the high plains of Haute-Loire, Auvergne France, this unusual farmstay has very cute self-catering accommodation for up to four people in wooden caravans, surrounded by vegetable gardens and a small working farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: The caravans are more comfortable than you might imagine and they come with a kitchen, a dining area and each has their own private bathroom and shower. You can also order meals from the farmhouse; The owners are excellent cooks and and have a range of local specialities that you can try, and if you want to cook some yourself they can even offer free cooking lessons! THE FARM: The small farm has a number of dairy cows and ducks and grows potatoes and a number of other vegetables. There is also a playground on the farm and games for kids to play. And they will also entertain themselves by meeting some of the animals. THE LOCATION: Chomelix is in the Haute-Loire, Auvergne department (now amalgamated to form Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes), high on the Massif Central, traditionally thought of as France’s most isolated and poor region. Much of the area is around 1,000 meters above sea level and it can get snowbound frequently in winter. Still though it can be a truly gorgeous place for nature lovers; with wild and mysterious stretches full of dark forests and rocky hills. Chomelix itself is a slight step away from much of the barrenness of the Massif Central, and is a nice, unassuming little village, surrounded by farmland and forested hills, and has a gentle, relaxed pace of life. It sits at the edge of the Livradois-Forez National Park though and so you’ll find plenty of hiking in wild scenery, and it’s also not far from the spectacular Volcans d’Auvergne Park. The village itself wouldn’t be much visited by tourists but others in the area are: The main regional town Le Puy-en-Velay is a spectacular sight with its theatrical conical hills, and about 30 km away from the farmstay. Allegre, nearer still at about 10 km away is a pretty town with much history and has a nice position on the slopes of the Baury Volcano. READ MORE
- For something a little different, what about staying in a caravan on an ostrich farm? At Les Roulottes de la Ferme de l’Autruche Dromoise you can do just that! This unusual but very enjoyable farmstay is in Livron-sur-Drôme, 14 km from Valence in the South of the Rhone Alpes region, not far from Provence. Their very clean and comfortable caravans come with private bathroom, kitchenette, a seating area inside and out, a flat-screen TV and WiFi. The farm has a nice outdoor swimming pool and the surrounding area is great for exploring with cycling, horse riding and fishing all to be enjoyed nearby. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “The place is beautiful, it’s really nice to wake up, open the door and see the ostriches….” “The caravan is really cute! And the place, as the animals, really well cared for….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FERME DE L’AUTRUCHE DROMOISE: READ MORE
- Surrounded by beautiful woodland and wine groves, Les Hauts De Chenas has B&B rooms on a working vineyard near Lyon in the heart of the Beaujolais/Burgundy region of Rhone-Alpes, France. It has an on-site winery for its highly rated red chenas wines, a small wine museum and its own restaurant which serves some great local food throughout the day. The rooms are spacious and bright with en-suite bathroom, TV and WiFi and a minibar, with some of the larger rooms having a seating area too. There’s plenty of space outside too with a terrace and large gardens leading on to the vineyards which contain a very cute children’ s playground as well as a hot tub/jacuzzi. Beaujolais is world famous wine country and the helpful owners of Les Haut de Chenas will be happy to advise on where to go and what to see in the surrounding area. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Everything! Really can’t fault this lovely place. The location on the hill above the village with views of the vineyards and the valley is superb….” “The welcome, the people, the terrific views, the general friendly atmosphere, the splendid wine made by the proprietor….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LES HAUTS DE CHENAS: READ MORE
- This organic farmhouse stay in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France makes for a very relaxing, alternative getaway near Vallon-Pont-d’Arc, a popular tourist town famous for its magnificent gorges and Pont d’Arc. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B rooms and suites to sleep up to three people per room in their traditional French farmhouse. The rooms, and the farmhouse generally are beautifully renovated, with exposed stone walls, arched roofs and well chosen furniture giving a romantically rustic feel to the property. You’ll find the rooms spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which has its own lounge area, and they all come with private bathroom and shower. There’s a nice lounge at the farmhouse too with plenty of comfortable seating and a LCD TV and DVD player. Outside there is plenty of space in the gardens which has an outdoor swimming pool with seats and sun loungers. You’ll be treated to a very fine, fully organic, breakfast every morning in the sociable dining room, and if they want, guests are welcome to use the shared kitchen to cook for themselves throughout the rest of the day. THE FARM: The farm’s main business is in the production of almonds but they also have some other fruit and vegetable groves as well as some sheep. Bruno, the owner, is passionate about organic farming and is always happy to take guests on informal farm tours. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is just outside Vallon-Pont-D’Arc which is a well known destination for the beautiful caves and gorges of Ardèche (Gorges de l’Ardèche), especially the Pont-D’Arc, an iconic 30 meter tall archway. One good way to absorb the grandeur of the gorges is to go on a canoe trip from Vallon Pont d’Arc, which can easily be arranged from the farmstay. The area around Gorges de l’Ardèche is also a national park and is full of wild scenery, forests, rivers and much wildlife. And slightly farther afield, about half an hour by car, you’ll find two other vast parks Monts d’Ardèche and Parc national des Cévennes, offering equally spectacular scenery and a great array of animal and plant life. Very nearby too is the famous Chauvet Cave, inside of which are Palaeolithic cave READ MORE
- La Ferme d’Angèle is a completely enchanting rural retreat near the village of Séez in the French Alps, and within driving distance of Lyon, Chambery, Chamonix and Mt. Blanc. The accommodation is in a renovated 19th century alpine style farmhouse that has a uniquely cosy, almost fairytale like atmosphere, and though not a working farm anymore it is surrounded by some gorgeously rural countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have six rooms to sleep from two to four people and all are decorated in that beautifully rustic style that typifies the whole property. Downstairs there is a dining area, a library, a TV room and a lounge with a large open fire and a piano. Outside you’ll find a large terrace with an outdoor dining area plus a lovely garden with hammocks and seating and an array of plants and flowers. They also have a traditional wood fired hot tub at the property. The accommodation is B&B and the breakfast is generous and full of good fresh produce. You’ll find the owners friendly and hospitable and they are fine cooks, so make sure to order some of their evening meals and sample some of their large collection of wines. You can also try some of their home made herbal teas and liqueurs and they are always happy to cater to dietary restrictions. THE LOCATION: La Ferme d’Angele is just three kilometers from Séez village centre, with the nearest train station being at Bourg-Saint-Maurice about 7km away (You can arrange a free shuttle service to and from the farmhouse just let them know before arrival). The scenery around here is glorious, and the views from the property are stunning in winter or summer. This being the French Alps after all skiing is a big activity in the surrounding area and La Ferme d’Angele makes a good base. It is near to the funicular to Les Arcs for example with La Roserie also being close by (about 10 mins drive up the hill). Val d’Isere and Tignes can also be reached in just over a half an hour and Val Thorens in about an hour. In summer time you have some of Europe’s best hiking READ MORE
- Very near Vichy in the rich green farming countryside of Auvergne, France, this peaceful farmhouse has spacious, nicely decorated double rooms with private bathroom, WiFi and continental breakfast each morning. The friendly hosts are good cooks and you can arrange for them to cook you evening meals too, using the best local produce including many vegetables grown in their own gardens. Le Manoir de Presle gets great reviews for many things but especially for the hospitality of the hosts, and the peaceful, relaxing nature of the property. It’s a great place to rewind, and to recharge, and the surrounding area is fantastic for cycling and hiking, with the lovely Boire des Carres Nature Reserve just over 20km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely fantastic! Great hosts, location and accommodation. We felt at home immediately and our two day stay felt as though we’d been there longer….” “The views are amazing and the area is extremely quiet so that it is possible to relax….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE MANOIR DE PRESLE: READ MORE