Farm Stay Category: Family Friendly Farm Stays, Luxury Farm Stays, Organic Farms, Self Catering Farm Stays, and Vineyard HotelsFarm Stay Tags: Languedoc-Roussillon-Midi-Pyrenees | Agritourism Farm & Vineyard Stays and South of France: Farm Stays & Vineyard Hotels
Domaine de Gressac is a luxury organic agriturismo vineyard hotel/farm stay gite, near Avignon in the south of France, which is part winery part horse breeding farm.
The accommodation is in the form of luxury, self catering, old stone cottages, the property, both inside and out, is nothing short of gorgeous, and is surrounded by a full 280 acre estate comprising of vineyard, pastureland, woodland and even a river beach.
The gites are in the form of very charming stone cottages, with the largest being able to sleep up to 7 people. They are all built quite recently from the stones and beams of the old farmhouse which was lying in ruins before the present owners lovingly restored the entire place. Though technically new in that case, the gites feel thoroughly authentic, like classic south of France farm cottages but with very much modern levels of comfort and facilities.
The furniture and fittings are all nicely chosen, though mainly contemporary they don’t seem to detract from the beautifully rustic feel of the property. They all have plenty of space, with good sized lounge & sitting areas, plush kitchens and bathrooms, and come with all mod cons; flat screen TV, air-con, WiFi etc.
Beautiful as the gites are, the estate that surrounds them is even more impressive. There are the lovingly tended gardens and lawns with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for lounging around. Then there are the vineyards, from which the owners produce a range of reds, whites and rosés, all of which are organic. There is an on-site winery at the property too; the entire process is done in house and you can arrange tours and tasting sessions of the vineyards, winery and cellars.
Then there is the horse breeding farm where you can watch some of their very beautiful thoroughbred Spanish horses trotting around. There are also areas of beautifully peaceful woodland that are lovely to stroll though, and a river with its own river beach. You can rent bikes out for free at the farmhouse and you’ll find plenty of trails through the estate for cycling and hiking.
Children will be entertained here with a trampoline and swings in the gardens, table tennis, table football, the traditional local sport of petanque and a definitely not traditional local inflatable rodeo machine.
Near the charming village of Verfeuil in the south of France’s Occitanie region, this area is still better known through its former regional name, the Languedoc, and is a classically Mediterranean landscapes of dry stone hills, old olive groves and vineyards.
It also has a lot of charming small villages and towns, and larger settlements like the beautiful and fascinating city of Avignon, just 50km away, which was for centuries under Papal rule and only became a part of France in 1791. It has been well preserved with a large number of historic sites including the most famous, the Palais des Papes (Popes’ Palace), a particular highlight.
The old Roman city of Nimes is a little farther to the south while the Languedoc capital, the lively university city of Montpellier is about 100km away. The nearest major airport is Marseille-Provence Airport about an hour’s drive.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“A lovely working farm; vines and horses, with beautifully furnished gites. Fantastic views and surrounds. Very friendly hosts, with an eye for what the tourist traveler is looking for. A great location and tranquil setting.”
“The warm hospitality, the wonderful location, the horse riding, the superb nature around, the interior decoration, the feeling of real freedom, the beautiful area with so many to places to explore within a radius of 45 minutes drive.”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- 958 Chemin de Gressac, Lieu-dit Clopeyret
- Bikes For Hire
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- This organic farmhouse stay in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France makes for a very relaxing, alternative getaway near Vallon-Pont-d’Arc, a popular tourist town famous for its magnificent gorges and Pont d’Arc. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B rooms and suites to sleep up to three people per room in their traditional French farmhouse. The rooms, and the farmhouse generally are beautifully renovated, Read more...
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Read more...
- La Bastide du Tinal is a beautiful property; a classic Provençal farmhouse updated with modern comforts and luxuries, but retaining an authentic, rustic charm. The setting is postcard perfect too; on a hillside surrounded by lavender and olive groves, the views from the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool are blissful. The food is another major draw at La Read more...
- Near both Gordes and Ménerbes, in Provence’s Luberon region, La Bastide du Marie is a gorgeous property; a beautifully restored 18th century manor house surrounded by 57 acres of vineyards, gardens, olive trees and lavender groves. It offers very much a luxury experience but rooted in authenticity; the entire space, both the building and the grounds are immaculately kept and Read more...