Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Cooking Classes, Luxury Farm Stays, Self Catering Farm Stays, and Vineyard HotelsFarm Stay Tags: Provence Farm Stays & Vineyard Hotels and South of France: Farm Stays & Vineyard Hotels
Near both Gordes and Ménerbes, in Provence’s Luberon region, La Bastide du Marie is a gorgeous property; a beautifully restored 18th century manor house surrounded by 57 acres of vineyards, gardens, olive trees and lavender groves.
It offers very much a luxury experience but rooted in authenticity; the entire space, both the building and the grounds are immaculately kept and display a great deal of historical elegance. There are two swimming pools here, spa facilities, a winery and an excellent restaurant.
The accommodation ranges from Classic double/twin rooms through to what they term the Bastide double/twin rooms and the Marie double suites to a fantastic private villa in the grounds that can sleep up to ten people in its 5 en-suite double bedrooms.
The Bastide rooms have a more opulent feel than the Classics and are slightly more expensive though they are roughly the same size at 25 sq. meters. They are all beautifully decorated and furnished with a nod to the Provence of the past; lovely old stone walls, antique furniture, elegant soft furnishings and pastel shades abound. The bathrooms are lovely too and all come with a traditional standing bathtub. The suites have the same beautifully rustic old Provence feel but, at around 50 sq. meters, have twice the space to enjoy.
If you have a larger group the spacious private villa is a wonderful place to stay. It has 5 en-suite double bedrooms, a lounge, a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a private terrace, and its own outdoor swimming pool.
THE FOOD & THE WINE:
The food here has an excellent reputation from the breakfast to the lavish evening meals. You can book B&B, or include a lunch and dinner package on the booking page, or just pay as you go. The food will not disappoint, it is classic Provencal fare at its best and full of local character and flavour.
Some of the ingredients; herbs and vegetables, are grown in the chef’s garden on the property while the rest are locally sourced and seasonal as much as possible. The dining room is lovely, as is their outside terrace, and all in all makes for a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.
If you have an affinity for Provencal cuisine you may also be pleased to know that you can join cooking classes with the chefs and learn many interesting local recipes, things like Sault spelt wheat risotto, aubergines paupiettes, stuffed courgette flowers and more.
La Bastide de Marie is a vineyard hotel so wine here is also a great attraction. Traditional grape varieties such as Grenache and Syrah are grown here along with newer ones such as Roussanne, Vermantino, Cinsault and Mourvedre. The enthusiastic winemakers are always happy to show guests around the vineyards and wine cellars, which of course also means plenty of samples of their reds, whites and rosés.
La Bastide de Marie is less than 5 minutes from the lovely town of Menerbes, in the heart of the famous lavender fields region of Provence, the Luberon National Park. Not only are the landscapes beautiful in this part of France, but so too are the villages; Ansouis, Gordes, Menerbes, Roussillon and Lourmarin being some nice examples, all of of which can be reached within a half an hour by car along some very scenic roads.
The staff at La Bastide will have plenty of advice and recommendations for the surrounding area and can organize various activities and tours for you, and they also rent bikes at the farmhouse.
The larger university city of Aix-en Provence, the main tourist base of the Provence region, can be reached in less than an hour by car while the nearest major airport is Marseille Provence around the same distance away. Nice Côte d’Azur and Toulon-Hyères Airports are also within reach; less than two hours away to the east.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“Gorgeous! La Bastide de Marie is the most elegant, refreshing, and gorgeous location. After seeing it on various travel and lifestyle blogs, it met and still exceeded my expectations. Already trying to figure out a way to get back someday! The breakfast was amazing, and we ended opting for the dinner and aperitif option, which we did not regret. One of the best meals I’ve ever had!..”
“Everything about this place was amazing. From the service, the location in beautiful vineyards, the delicious breakfasts, the lavender smell throughout the farmhouse, the wine and food at dinner. Loved the fresh apricots, cherries and lavender in the rooms. Would go back in a heartbeat!!!”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Route de Bonnieux - Quartier de la Verrerie
- Spa Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Bikes For Hire
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- La Bastide du Tinal is a beautiful property; a classic Provençal farmhouse updated with modern comforts and luxuries, but retaining an authentic, rustic charm. The setting is postcard perfect too; on a hillside surrounded by lavender and olive groves, the views from the gardens and the outdoor swimming pool are blissful. The food is another major draw at La Read more...
- A slice of rural luxury near Aix-en-Provence, Domaine de Fontenille has 17 rooms in a beautifully atmospheric 18th century mansion house surrounded by its own vineyards. It is in the pretty village of Lauris, along the Durance River, which, though very near Aix-en-Provence, happily doesn’t see the same magnitude of tourists as much of the rest of the region. Read more...
- Near Gordes, Rousillon, Apt and Gargas in the heart of the Luberon region of Provence, France, La Coquillade has 5 star accommodation in a 13th-century wine-making village surrounded by almost 90 acres of vineyards and lavender plants. It is very much a luxury getaway and would feature on any sensible list of the best hotels in Provence. THE ACCOMMODATION: It Read more...
- Farm Stay Le Mas de la Rose in Provence, France, offers genuine luxury in a gorgeous rural setting surrounded by 75 acres of its own lavender fields, olive groves and pine woodlands. The farm buildings date back to the 17th century and have been beautifully renovated into what is now surely one of the finest hotels in rural Provence. Read more...