Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Family Friendly Farm Stays, Organic Farms, and Self Catering Farm StaysFarm Stay Tags: Cinque Terre Agriturismo, Liguria Agriturismo, and Northern Italy Agriturismo
If you came to enjoy Liguria’s magnificent Cinque Terre coastline but want those amazing sea views to be just between yourself and Mother Nature, then Il Nettare Agriturismo is the place you really want to stay.
The scenery right outside your door is absolutely incredible and enhanced by the natural wild feeling of the immediate surroundings, where the host family grows grapes, olives and lemons and makes their own organic limoncino, extra virgin olive oil and honey products, which include some very lovely sweet liqueurs.
The accommodation is in the form of very quaint and rustic cottage studios. They have one double bed in an upstairs mezzanine area and a single sofa bed downstairs so can sleep up to three people in total.
The studios could never be described as spacious but they have a cosy charm, and very much give you the feeling of living in a traditional, and quite remote, Italian farmhouse. This feeling will be supported by the lack of WiFi (the nearest WiFi is in a bar/restaurant a short walk away), but you do have modernities too in the form of satellite TV, air con and central heating.
There is a kitchenette with a hot plate, sink, fridge and various bits and pieces including a capsule coffee maker. There is a small lounge area too with table and chairs and a sofa, which, as mentioned, can also double up as a spare bed.
The space is small but the beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms are very nice indeed. The agriturismo owners are super helpful and friendly and though not strictly a B&B they are generous enough to leave your fridge stocked with basic foodstuffs as well as some homemade treats for breakfast and snacks, and in an especially nice touch they leave fresh bread outside your door every morning. So for that we put it in both the Farm B&B and the Self Catering categories.
The main thing about any stay at Il Nettare Agriturismo though is the outside space which includes your own private patio with table and chairs and from where you can watch the sun go down over the sea with a glass of wine in hand, or, why not, maybe some of the family’s own limoncino or honey liqueur.
The small family farm is right outside where they grow quite a few different fruit and veg, but with their main business being in the production of extra virgin olive oil and honey. You’ll find the owners love to show their guests around and are always happy to let them sample some of their produce.
In all of Italy it might be hard to find an agriturismo with such a tremendous setting and if you have ever toured the immensely popular Cinque Terre area you might certainly appreciate the isolation of the farm.
It is incredibly peaceful and quiet, and a place from where you can really imagine what the Cinque Terre coastline must have looked, and felt, like before mass tourism came rolling in. The rustic nature of the property and the immediate surrounds too only add to the sense of enchantment.
The friendly owners of Il Nettare will have good tips about the local area including some secret little pathways and trails down to the coast. Bring good shoes though, and try to leave any acrophobia at home; the views are jaw dropping. The nearest of the Five Villages is Rio Maggiore, which is about 5km away, but there is a bus stop near the farm, or the farm owners can also arrange a taxi for you.
Rio Maggiore is the most southerly of the five and from where you can move up the coast to visit the other four, by train, by car or by private tour, or you can also go by sea with one of the many boat trips on offer.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“Fantastic place, lovely apartment, perfect service and host Augusta – wonderful woman! I recommend everyone to stay there. It was my best holiday ever!..”
“Just the perfect place. House/Studio is fantastic en very clean. The view is amazing. Augusta is very nice, helpful and gives all the information you need about the Cinque Terre. Just one great experience! Loved it! Hope to come back someday!..”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Via Litoranea - Località Campi,
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Hidden away in a lovely valley just north of Levanto, Liguria, Italy, Agriturismo Costelletta has easy access to the Cinque Terre, but without the hassles and the crowds. The area is peaceful, beautiful and green, and has some great hiking trails. The agriturismo grows grapes and olives on its rustic family farm, and the property has really tremendous views Read more...
- L’Amandola Agriturismo is an ideal rural base for exploring Cinque Terre, one of Italy‘s most iconic and beautiful areas. It lies on a hillside just outside the historic coastal town of Levanto and you can enjoy some nice views over Levanto Bay and some great hikes around the surrounding hills and coastline. Levanto itself is not part of the Read more...
- Costa di Faraggiana is a luxury agriturismo near Cinque Terre, Liguria, and a place to spoil yourself a lot. You can have the full Italian Agriturismo experience on the organic farm with vineyards, olive trees and the finest of food, while also enjoying a full range of spa and wellness treatments; Turkish bath, sauna, sensory shower, various massage and beauty Read more...
- Take a step back in time at Fabbrica Di San Martino, a luxury agriturismo near to both Lucca and Pisa, in western Tuscany, which has self catering accommodation in a beautifully restored, over 250 year old, manor farmhouse. The property is palace like, and truly gorgeous, as is the location; set high among green hills it offers lovely views over the Read more...