Agriturismo San Martino, near Alba, in the south west of Piedmont‘s Langhe Hills, has B&B accommodation in a quite unusual place; an old convent building dating all the way back to the 13th century. The convent setting brings its own unique ambience and the entire property has an old fashioned elegance and charm.
They have vineyards, vegetable and herb gardens, fruit orchards, hazelnut plantations and old woodlands surrounding the agriturismo, and they have a great restaurant too with a nice selection of good local wines, including of course their own.
They have a selection of 8 B&B rooms, four doubles, and four superior doubles which have a lot more space and can sleep up to four people. The rooms are traditional style, minimalist, charming and clean.
They have some nice antique furniture and design features too, but with modern comforts and conveniences; very comfortable beds, private bathrooms, satellite TV and WiFi.
The food is excellent at Agriturismo San Martino, and there are three elegant dining rooms to sample it in, as well as an outdoor dining space. The dishes are generally local and seasonal, with classics from Piedmont and especially the Langhe region; ravioli del plin, tajarin and battuta al coltello being just a few examples.
Much of the ingredients are grown on the agriturismo itself with some, like the famous Piedmontese truffles and various mushrooms, also collected from the woods surrounding the farm.
Agriturismo San Martino has 3 hectares of its land devoted to the cultivation of the “Nocciola Piemonte”, the prized Italian hazelnut that is produced in large quantities in Piedmont and as well as some parts of Northern Italy, especially Tuscany and Emilia Romagna.
There are the vineyards too of course, another 3 hectares of them mainly planted with the Dolcetto grape variety and from whşch they make some notable wines including their most highly rated, the Dolcetto D.O.C.G red wine.
Agriturismo San Martino lies in Cuneo Province, Piedmont, in the south western part of the Langhe Hills, and just outside the village of Clavesana. The whole area has a long and rich tradition of food and agriculture, being especially famous for its wines, cheeses and truffles, and the landscapes are lovely, with the high mountains to the north looking down over the green fields and rolling Langhe hills.
The agriturismo is less than an hour south of Turin on the main road to Savona on the Ligurian Coast, and less than a half an hour from the beautiful town of Alba, the main town in the Langhe region. Alba is a historic and very beautiful town, famous for both its white truffles, and for being one of the gourmet capitals of Piedmont, and indeed of all of Northern Italy.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“Can not recommend this place highly enough. The proprietors are super friendly, the food is astounding and it makes a great base to explore around Barolo and Alba…”
“We stayed here last year and specifically diverted off our route to return. Andrea & Antonella the owners provide top class service and nothing is too much trouble. We are hoping to return to this property to get married 🙂”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Borgata San Martino 5, Clavesana,
- Laundry Facilities
- Bikes For Hire
People are also looking at these nearby stays:
- Just outside Spigno Monferrato, in the beautiful hills of Piedmont, Cascina Bertolotto is a charming Italian farmstay set in a working vineyard which produces its own quality wine. Accommodation is in an traditional Italian 19th Century stone farmhouse with beautifully rustic rooms, all with terracotta floors and old stone walls, and some with lovely views on to the surrounding Read more...
- Surrounded by olive trees, and with beautiful views across the Italian Riviera, farmstay Natta Di Monte Tabor is a charming, rustic farmhouse with an outdoor swimming pool. Agriturismo Natta Di Monte Tabor is in the village of La Natta, between Celle Ligure and Varazze and is a short car trip from some of the Italian Riviera’s finest beaches. They Read more...
- Just inland from the Italian Riviera in the beautiful green hills of Badalucco, Liguria, this highly rated agriturismo has stunning views of the surrounding forests and mountains. It has a range of comfortable rooms, a shared lounge, and lovely gardens with outdoor seating to enjoy those views from. You can also enjoy some really terrific home made Italian food. Read more...
- In the deeply rural east of Provence, just over 40km from Cannes and the French Riviera, La Ferme Constantin has rustic accommodation in a classic old Provençal farmhouse recently renovated by its owners. It is a tranquil, peaceful place with friendly owners and an earthy, back to nature atmosphere. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have double and twin rooms at the farmhouse, Read more...