La Fattoria Delle Tartarughe/The Tortoise Farm is a friendly, homely agriturismo near the city of Cagliari, and also some of Southern Sardinia‘s best beaches. It is an eco-friendly, organic farm which also doubles as an animal sanctuary with donkeys, ponies, sheep, pigs, goats, rabbits, a range of exotic birds, and of course tortoises, from where the farm gets its name.
It is a very sociable place with a family type atmosphere; a place to enjoy long, lazy evening meals in the company of your hosts and all the other guests. The farmhouse is quaint and homely and all in all the experience is very much an antidote to a modern, sterile city hotel.
The farmhouse itself is a quaint, old style farmhouse but with some quirky interior design that gives the place a very nice homely feel. The rooms are colourful and inviting, as well as being comfortable, spacious and clean.
The home made food at this agriturismo is a major highlight; a lavish breakfast awaits you in the morning and on many evenings there are great meals to be enjoyed in the company of the other guests. Much of their organic ingredients come fresh from the farm, and, if you find you like the food so much, you can arrange cooking classes too.
You’ll find the hosts friendly and welcoming and an informal, family like atmosphere pervades throughout. You will very much be made to feel at home here but with added extras, like massage services, yoga spaces and mediation rooms and of course the chance to interact with the large number of friendly animals they keep on the farm.
Conveniently near Cagliari and its international airport, this agriturismo has also the added attraction of being near some Sardinia’s best beaches. The journey by car from Cagliari should take no more than a half an hour, and there is also the option of the no. 106 bus from the centre of the city which can drop you off a couple of minutes walk down the road, but which takes an hour end to end. Be aware though that once there the setting is quite isolated which means that having/hiring a car is pretty much recommended.
All well as the numerous beaches within driving distance there are also lots of good hiking trails in the nearby Parque de Sette Fratelli and other locations and some interesting Nuraghi era archaeological sites too. Your helpful hosts can point you in the right direction and give you plenty of advice about what to see and do.
Note: pets are not allowed and though it is family friendly only children above the age of 8 years can be accommodated!
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“We enjoyed our stay there very much. Everything was perfect. The two hosts and all the staff are lovely people and made us feel like home. Its calm, the food was delicious, the rooms were clean and beautiful…”
“Perfect place to take a deep breath and relax, for animal lovers and Gourmets…”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Strada statale 125 km 24.350
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Agriturismo Sarrabus is a lovely, traditional agriturismo, less than an hour from Cagliari, on the east coast of Sardinia. The food here is a major highlight; their on site restaurant is the perfect place to experience Sardinia’s rich food tradition with much of the ingredients for their traditional recipes coming fresh from their own, or other farms in the Read more...
- Agriturismo Nurazzolas has highly rated self catering accommodation in a wonderfully peaceful location just minutes from the the east coast of Sardinia. The farm is eco-friendly and organic, producing extra virgin olive oil, various vegetables as well as keeping animals; donkeys, goats, peacocks and chickens. THE ACCOMMODATION: The main farmhouse is divided up into four apartments each with a Read more...
- Is Cheas is an organic, eco-friendly agriturismo farm stay near the beautiful beaches of the Sinis on Sardinia’s west coast. It has unique accommodation in the form of traditional Sardinian shepherd’s huts known as Pinettas. The small, 12 acre, farm produces citrus fruits, mushrooms, various vegetables & herbs, it also keeps some horses and has a small vineyard too. Read more...
- Mandra Edera is a charming and peaceful B&B agriturismo farm stay near Abbasanta in central Sardinia, Italy, that specializes in cooking classes & horse riding; it has been a breeding farm for Anglo-Arabian horses for over 100 years now and they roam freely around the property. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms and suites are all clean, comfortable and simply and tastefully Read more...