Baglio Occhipinti Agriturismo is a peaceful rural retreat near Comiso Airport in the famous wine producing region of Ragusa, southern Sicily, known as the Cerasuolo di Vittoria. It offers stylish accommodation in a renovated 19th century manor house/winery that retains all of its rustic, traditional charm.
Outside there are lovingly tended gardens with a swimming pool and the farm’s own vineyards and olive groves. You’ll find a cosy, family atmosphere at Baglio Occhipinti, they like to look after their guests, and there is some great home made organic food to be enjoyed too.
The large farmhouse is a nice example of a traditional Sicilian manor house but one which has been carefully renovated, and with a great flair for interior design. It is spacious and minimalist, with lots of the old features showcased; wood beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and some lovely pieces of antique furniture.
They have seven rooms in total, mostly doubles, and all B&B. All of them are vintage style, super comfortable and spotlessly clean, and they all have WiFi, central heating and air conditioning. In the main living room there is a large fireplace and plenty of space to relax and socialize with the friendly owners and the other guests.
As mentioned before, the food is excellent here, from a generous fresh breakfast to some lavish evening meals. All of it is organic and home made with much of the ingredients coming from the farm itself.
The menu is solidly traditional Sicilian and if you would like to recreate some of it at home they run daily cooking classes with the chef. And of course there is the wine, Baglio Occhipinti has its own selection of wines, and they can be enjoyed with every meal.
Outside there is a terrace area where you can also dine, manicured lawns and a swimming pool. Beyond that guests are free to wander around the farm and vineyards and to help themselves to the various fruits growing from the trees; oranges, figs and mandarins.
The flat plains of this area of southern Sicily are famous for fertile soils and agriculture with the vineyards of Cerasuolo di Vittoria being particularly well known. There are many wineries in the vicinity and you can arrange various vineyard tours and tasting sessions.
The nearest village to the agriturismo is Pedalino, a classic sleepy little hamlet with a few small shops and restaurants, and a local farmer’s market every Tuesday morning.
The beautiful baroque city of Ragusa, the provincial capital, is less than a half an hour away by car and there are plenty of other diversions in the area too like the imposing Castello di Donnafugata, the other Baroque city of Modica, famous for its chocolate, and two beautiful nature parks; Fiume Irminio, just south of Ragusa, and the Pino D’Aleppo nature reserve, one of the few remaining Aleppo Pine forests left in the Mediterranean region.
The nearest airport is Comiso Ragusa just ten minutes from the agriturismo and shuttles to and from there can be arranged.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“The most amazing stay! Excellent hospitality, beautiful, and great food…”
“The beauty and serenity. The food – especially the food! Eating the beautifully cooked meals in the garden as the sun set every evening was magical…”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- S.p.68 Vittoria - Pedalino km 5,4, 97019 Vittoria, Italy
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Agriturismo Bannata is a lovely, rustic masseria farmhouse hotel in a great location in central Sicily, Italy. It is near both the spectacular city of Enna and the historic, artistic town of Piazza Armerina with its UNESCO world heritage site Villa Romana del Casale. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 6 B&B rooms for up to four people per Read more...
- Tenuta Santa Tecla is a serene organic agriturismo in a wonderful location outside the town of Acireale, near to both Taormina and Catania, Sicily, and close too to the Mt. Etna National Park. It sits on a hillside just 2km from the Mediterranean and has some stunning sea views. The farm itself produces a huge range of certified organic Read more...
- This very cute, pet friendly, agriturismo B&B near Catania, Sicily, Italy, grows 100% organic citrus fruits and vegetables in a beautifully rural setting with Mt. Etna towering above. All their comfortable rooms and suites have a private bathroom and a terrace or balcony, some come with a kitchenette, but guests are also free to cook in the well equipped Read more...
- Masseria Agnello on Sicily’s west coast, is quite simply a very special property. The grand stone building is the first thing that strikes you, an aristocratic farmhouse villa from the 19th century, it is stately and imposing from the outside, and on the inside very tastefully styled and furnished, with its modern touches at ease on the traditional Sicilian Read more...