Allegro Agriturismo Argiano, near the ancient Etruscan city of Arezzo, is a wonderful place to relax and unwind in the heart of some typically gorgeous Tuscan countryside. It’s a hillside farm so the views are lovely and being surrounded by rows of olive groves, orchards and old woodlands it feels, and very much is, close to the peace of nature.
It’s very much a family farm too and they make some quality food stuffs, extra virgin olive oil and various jams for example, and also Vinsanto, a traditional Tuscan sweet wine made from raisins.
The accommodation is in the form of two two bed apartments just off the main farmhouse, both of which have one double room and one twin. They are cosy with well equipped kitchens and nice lounge areas with fireplace. They have central heating and air-con, and the interiors will impress all round with some beautiful design and decor on display, very much in keeping with the historic, traditional, nature of the farmhouse.
The exteriors are wonderful too, nice terraces and gardens with seating, an outside dining area, and a swimming pool too. And all of it surrounded by hundreds of fruit, cypress and oak trees, and overlooked by the lovely Tuscan hills. It’s a family owned agriturismo and you’ll find the family super friendly and helpful.
The owners are enthusiastic about their busy little farm, with the main work being in the production of fruit, and a huge variety of fruit at that: Strawberries, blackberries, figs, walnuts, cherries, apricots, apples, grapes and olives. There will always be some little home made goodies to try, their fresh fruits of course, and also their previously mentioned Vinsanto wine and extra virgin olive oil. And you can buy plenty of their farm produce to cook with in the apartment and to take home with you afterwards.
Tuscany can get pretty busy with tourists, especially in Summertime and though the agriturismo is just 3km from historical Arezzo, within walking distance really, it is a very peaceful oasis of calm. There is 40 acres of woodland surrounding the farm and is a lovely place for a quiet walk, and you can wander farther still and do some hiking in the green hills surrounding.
In terms of getting there, as mentioned it is just 3km east of Arezzo and about an hour south of Florence, just at the edge of the very iconic Chianti region of Tuscany.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“It’s in the middle of Tuscany – what not to like? Great view, good and equipped kitchen, nice owner.”
“Lovely apartment in a beautiful location. Great views.”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Loc. Argiano in Via di Peneto,
- Laundry Facilities
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Among the green hills of Italy’s Tuscany-Umbria borders, Relais Parco Fiorito is a charming farm stay with a large range of B&B and self catering accommodation in a restored 16th-century convent with adjoining spa, about 50km from Perugia and just 5km from the historical town of Cortona, in neighbouring Tuscany. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms, suites and self catering apartments are Read more...
- Tenuta di Petriolo is a gorgeous vineyard hotel situated in Torrita di Siena, Tuscany, conveniently near to both Siena and Arezzo. The estate dates back to the 1700s and the imposing manor house has beautifully decorated interiors; wood beamed and frescoed ceilings, antique furniture and ancient wine cellars which resonate history and an old fashioned sense of class and Read more...
- In a very charming 16th-century Umbrian farmhouse near to both Perugia and Lake Trasimeno, Umbria Italy, La Posta agriturismo has a range of lovely, rustic style, rooms and apartments to choose from. Outside you’ll find some beautifully tended gardens, an outdoor swimming pool and all with great views over the surrounding countryside. The ancient farmhouse is surrounded by some Read more...
- Agriturismo Humile offers true romantic escape, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia, near Siena. The property is a restored 18th century farmhouse in a classic Italian rural idyll and, with just three boutique suites on offer, the atmosphere is one of great peace and tranquility. The farmhouse is beautifully designed and decorated and retains a lovely rustic ambience while not Read more...