Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Luxury Farm Stays, and Organic FarmsFarm Stay Tags: Best Agriturismo Farm Stays near Siena & Val d'Orcia, Central Italy Agriturismo, Permaculture Farm Stays, and Tuscany Agriturismo Farmhouse Stays
Agriturismo Humile offers true romantic escape, in the heart of the Val d’Orcia, near Siena. The property is a restored 18th century farmhouse in a classic Italian rural idyll and, with just three boutique suites on offer, the atmosphere is one of great peace and tranquility.
The farmhouse is beautifully designed and decorated and retains a lovely rustic ambience while not compromising on modern comforts and facilities. Outside you have a swimming pool and a hot tub at your disposal in the nicely tended gardens.
The entire property is proudly eco-friendly and the farm is fully organic, producing extra virgin olive oil as well as various vegetables and herbs along permaculture principles.
They have three very lovely suites to choose from, all of which are extremely spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. There is a double bed in each plus a seating/lounge area very nice private bathrooms. Two of the suites are downstairs and have their own private entrance with one being upstairs, accessed through the farmhouse, which has the advantage of having nice views over the surrounding countryside.
The thoughtful interior design works beautifully in the suites and throughout the property. It is very much a boutique hotel, while also maintaining strongly its rustic farmhouse essence, and though classically minimalist it has lots of lovely little touches and careful attention to detail throughout.
The agriturismo is very environmentally conscious and so they forgo air conditioning for fans (though they do have central heating in winter) and don’t have for example TVs and mini fridges in the rooms (though you are of course very welcome to use the fridge in the farm kitchen)
The gardens outside are equally nice, with plenty of seating space, a swimming pool and a hot tub, and is surrounded by the olive groves and vegetable gardens that make up the farm.
The farm is fully organic and is maintained on permaculture principles. They grow a range of fruit and vegetables here as well as herbs and medicinal plants and they produce their own excellent quality organic extra virgin olive oil. They make some great fresh fresh food at this agriturismo, their breakfasts are very special and you can treat yourself to various traditional snacks during the day.
You’ll find the owners particularly friendly and helpful, and they are always happy to show guests around the farm and to share their knowledge of producing food along permaculture principles.
Agriturismo Humile is less than an hour south east of Siena, Tuscany, and closer still to the city of Perugia, in the neighbouring region of Umbria. Atmospheric Pienza, in the heart of Val d’Orcia, is nearby, as is the gorgeous town of Montepulciano and all around you’ll be surrounded by some classic Tuscan/Umbrian countryside; rolling hills and valleys, rivers, lakes and ancient hilltop villages.
Of note in the immediate surrounding of Agriturismo Humile are thermal baths and natural spas. Chianciano Terme for example is just over 3km from the farm, and in Sant’Albino, 5km away on on the route to Montepulciano, there is the Terme di Montepulciano. A little farther (about a half an hours drive to the south west) there is also Bagni San Filippo a small, and thoroughly charming spa town, and thee are plenty more; places like Rapolano Terme , Viterbo and Saturnia.
Note: To maintain the peace and quiet no children and no pets are allowed at Agriturismo Humile!
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“Andrea, Thomaso and Rosanna live in paradise! The hospitality made us feel like VIP guests, the views from our room and the entire property were stunning…”
“This is the best place I’ve ever stayed. The room is beautiful, the breakfast delicious and the hosts are legends!..”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Strada della Chiana, 39 Podere Cerretelli,
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Just outside the beautiful hilltop town of Pienza, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Casapicchiata is a very highly rated farm stay that has comfortable B&B rooms in a traditional Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by acres of wheat fields, olive groves, lavender and cypress trees. The views are tremendous too and it is in a perfect location for further exploration of this fabled Read more...
- Tenuta di Petriolo is a gorgeous vineyard hotel situated in Torrita di Siena, Tuscany, conveniently near to both Siena and Arezzo. The estate dates back to the 1700s and the imposing manor house has beautifully decorated interiors; wood beamed and frescoed ceilings, antique furniture and ancient wine cellars which resonate history and an old fashioned sense of class and Read more...
- La Mezzaluna Fra Le Mura is a very lovely, friendly farm stay agriturismo near Perugia, Umbria. It has self catering apartments at its hillside farmhouse with some lovely views and a swimming pool in the large gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of 3 self catering apartments in the rustic farmhouse that can sleep up to four people. All Read more...
- Among the green hills of Italy’s Tuscany-Umbria borders, Relais Parco Fiorito is a charming farm stay with a large range of B&B and self catering accommodation in a restored 16th-century convent with adjoining spa, about 50km from Perugia and just 5km from the historical town of Cortona, in neighbouring Tuscany. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms, suites and self catering apartments are Read more...