Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Family Friendly Farm Stays, Luxury Farm Stays, Organic Farms, Pet Friendly Farm Stays, Self Catering Farm Stays, and Vineyard HotelsFarm Stay Tags: Agriturismo near Pisa, Central Italy Agriturismo, and Tuscany Agriturismo Farmhouse Stays
Take a step back in time at Fabbrica Di San Martino, a luxury agriturismo near to both Lucca and Pisa, in western Tuscany, which has self catering accommodation in a beautifully restored, over 250 year old, manor farmhouse. The property is palace like, and truly gorgeous, as is the location; set high among green hills it offers lovely views over the surrounding countryside at every turn.
It is an organic & biodynamic agriturismo which makes its own quality wine and olive oil and promises a healthy, relaxing rural retreat but with easy reach of the popular tourist cities of Lucca and Pisa.
The stunning property has top quality suites and apartments, which can sleep up to four, and blend the rustic charm of an 18th century farmhouse with 21st century standards of comfort. Check your options on the booking page here.
The floors and the wood beamed ceilings are all original and much of the well chosen antique furniture dates back to similar eras. All the units come with TV, WiFi and a well equipped kitchenette. They are spacious too with good sized sitting areas and have some lovely design touches; you’ll find nice lighting and traditional furniture and fittings which lend a cosy, rustic Tuscan farmhouse feel.
The grounds are large with an outdoor swimming pool and plenty of space for relaxing, dining or just wandering around, and you’ll find beautiful views at every turn.
The accommodation is self catering but you can also order a fresh breakfast to be brought to your suite every morning. There is no restaurant at the agriturismo but there are a few good restaurants, cafes and shops just a few minutes away.
Lucca is famous in Tuscany for the quality of its olive oil (The gold of Lucca) and this agriturismo doesn’t disappoint in this regard, producing nearly 500 litres of premium organic and biodynamic extra virgin olive oils from its 10 acres of olive groves.
All the olives are hand picked and milled within 12 hours of harvesting and are of the leccine, moraiole and frantoiane varieties which, when blended, make for a nice fruity clean tasting oil.
You can explore the farm and take part in tasting sessions of the oil as well as of their equally premium label wines; reds whites and Rosés, all of which is also organic and biodynamic.
Running a successful biodynamic farm is no easy task but the owners are very enthusiastic about the project and always enjoy showing guests around and explaining some of the holistic principles and processes involved. There are animals on the farm too; some well cared for cattle and some very friendly donkeys.
The agriturismo is just 5km from Lucca city centre, so close in fact that you have great views over the city from right outside your door. There is no public transport to and from the city though so you’d be advised to bring your own car or you could order taxis when needed.
Lucca is well known on the western Tuscany tourist route for its own Renaissance city walls, its 1,000 year old cathedral and its atmospheric old town. It is also of course near the world famous city, and tower, of Pisa, just 25 km away, which has its own international airport.
As mentioned, the rural areas of the province of Lucca are famous for their agriculture, olive oil especially. It is a very much green and fertile land with lots of pretty villages and is lovely to tour around.
You’re also never far from the sea in this area too; Viareggio and Massa are well known seaside towns both around a half an hour’s drive, while under an hour away, south of Pisa, is the busy port city of Livorno known for its seafood, its medieval era fortifications and for the many cruise ships which dock here as a maritime gateway to Tuscany.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“This is one of the best properties I have stayed at anywhere in the world. Our host Giovanna could not do enough for us. A beautifully appointed and large apartment in a historic building on the farm provided us with the perfect base to explore Lucca and the surrounds. Breakfast in Giovanna’s historic classical and baroque family villa was the highlight of our stay in Italy. We were treated like royalty…”
“We found the property to be the quintessential Tuscan retreat we had been hoping for. Absolutely lovely perched on the hill with olive trees and the vineyard overlooking Lucca. The hosts were extremely helpful and friendly. If we ever return to the area, we will for sure be staying here but for many more days…”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Via Pieve S.Stefano, 2511
- Farm With Animals
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- On a hillside surrounded by fruit and olive groves just outside Buggiano Castello, and near to both Pisa and Lucca, this 13th century Tuscan agriturismo farmhouse makes for a luxurious holiday experience, with its outdoor pool (From March to November) and sun loungers, hot tub, bowling green, football pitch and playground. The interior is rustic with a variety of suites Read more...
- Near the city of Pisa, Tuscany, and with easy access to the Florence-Pisa highway, La Lecceta has luxury self catering farmhouses to rent on the grounds of the famous Fattoria Varramista Wine Estate. The farmhouses have two, three or four bedrooms, to sleep up to eight people, with a minimum stay of three nights. All of them are beautifully Read more...
- Very near Florence in the famous town of Vinci, Tuscany, this is an idyllic luxury agriturismo B&B set in a 16th-century Medicean Villa. It is surrounded by acres of vineyards and olive groves from which the owners produce their own award winning wines and olive oils. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two double rooms and two larger double luxury suites Read more...
- Near the city of Florence and nearer still to Leonardo’s home town of Vinci, Chianti, Tuscany, Agriturismo Colle da Vinci is a classically rustic hillside farmhouse surrounded by organic olive groves and enjoys some stunning views of the Montalbano Valley, especially from the ideally placed swimming pool in the gardens. THE ACCOMMODATION: There are five pleasantly old style self Read more...