In the peaceful heart of Maremma, Southern Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Sant’Egle has an enviable location that is equally matched by the quality of its accommodation, food and hospitality. Its approach is very much eco-friendly and organic and it offers guests a pathway to a relaxed and healthy mind and body.
They have a selection of rustically stylish rooms at the farmhouse, all with private bathroom and entrance, and the whole building displays a nice mixture of contemporary art and antiques. They have an organic farm shop at the property too where you can buy some of their varied food and non food products to take home.
You can sample some at their excellent buffet breakfast too, and throughout the day at the highly regarded restaurant. The friendly owners are equally welcoming to those with dietary restrictions and will do their best to accommodate.
The surroundings are lovely; there is the farm, the gardens with an outdoor pool, and a ‘holistic space’ where you can organize yoga classes. It’s an eco-friendly property; the 17th-century farmhouse has been carefully renovated to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Note: Only children over 7 allowed, and only well behaved dogs!
The farm is ostensively a sheep farm but they grows a range of vegetables, fruits, nut and herbs too. All of it is certified organic. and the farm, like the farmhouse, designed to be as eco-friendly and bio diverse as possible.
Further afield this richly rural and historical part of Tuscany can be easily explored on foot, by car or by bike, from the farm stay you’ll be within distance of such iconic southern Tuscany towns as Pitigliano, Sorano and San Quirico. You can rent bikes directly from the farm and the owners are always happy to advise on what to see and do in the local area, and they can also organize tours.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“It was amazing and romantic. Will return.”
“Definitely a place to relax and be restored. Much to do in the area in terms of walking and sightseeing and the hosts were most helpful with tips and directions.”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Case Sparse Sant'Egle, 18, Montesorano
- Bikes For Hire
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Near the village of Sorano and the town of Pitigliano, southern Tuscany, Italy, this is a classic Tuscan farmhouse stay on a working farm that produces some award winning extra virgin olive oil. The setting is quite isolated, not a lot of tourists come to this part of the region, and Poggio dell’Olivo has a reputation for providing a Read more...
- Pietra Campana is a very highly regarded agriturismo farm stay B&B with a stunning setting; a 17th-century hillside manor farmhouse overlooking the town of Orvieto, Umbria, Italy. They have a selection of modern comfortable suites and apartments, each having a lounge area with flat screen TV and DVD players and the apartments having a full kitchen. All the accommodation Read more...
- Just outside the beautiful hilltop town of Pienza, Tuscany, Italy, Agriturismo Casapicchiata is a very highly rated farm stay that has comfortable B&B rooms in a traditional Tuscan farmhouse surrounded by acres of wheat fields, olive groves, lavender and cypress trees. The views are tremendous too and it is in a perfect location for further exploration of this fabled Read more...
- Less than an hour south of Perugia in the beautiful Orvieto Hills region of Umbria, Italy, Eleiva Glamping Agriturismo has four very cute huts on a small, eco-friendly, organic farm that produces some quality extra virgin olive oil as well as vegetables and fruits that provide the ingredients for some of their fine home-made food. All the huts are Read more...