No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Address: 83 Orchard Rd.
New ZealandCategory: B&B Farm StaysWanaka Berry Farm is a top quality bed and breakfast farm stay in the midst of some spectacular scenery near Lake Wanaka, South Island, NZ. The farm produces, as you may have guessed, a range of berries including raspberries, strawberries and boysenberries as well as fruit & vegetables, and also keeps a flock of sheep. The location is very quiet and rural but also within walking distance of shops, cafes and the shores of the famous Lake Wanaka. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of double B&B rooms, in the sleek, modern farmhouse, that come with either a King size bed or two twin beds. You’ll find them super clean and comfortable, with en suite bathrooms, satellite TV and quality furnishings. You’ll have a private patio area outside too with nice views of the gardens and the mountains and there is also a shard guest lounge to socialize with other guests. The breakfasts here are legendary; generous and fresh with, amongst others things, bacon, eggs, granola, cereals, yoghurt, fruit and of course berries. There is plenty of space to explore, around the gardens and the farm where, if you like, you can try some more of their fresh fruit and berries and get to meet the sheep. There is of course also lots more exploring to be done outside the farm gates, in this, one of New Zealand’s most beautiful regions. THE LOCATION: You take the pleasant 2 mile or so walk, or drive, down to the Lake Wanaka and the town of the same name, where you’ll find plenty of nice little shops, restaurants and cafes, including one or two along the road there in fact. It’s a deservedly popular spot with tourists, especially in Summer, and a whole range of outdoor sports can be arranged from there including more relaxing activities like boat trips on the lake and hiking. Golfers can make use of the Wanaka golf course about a mile and a half away from the farm while Wanaka’s Puzzling World family adventure park is less than five minutes away by car. The South Island’s largest ski and snowboard resort, Treble Cone, can be reached in less than READ MORE
- This friendly B&B farm stay is on a busy, working sheep farm in Hawarden, South Island, New Zealand, about 50 miles from Christchurch airport. They have a very spacious and comfortable suite with double bed, separate seating area plus veranda, en-suite bathroom and flat screen TV with satellite channels, and another self-catering cottage with equal facilities plus more space and a kitchen adjoining the farmhouse. There is free WiFi almost throughout, and they serve a hearty cooked breakfast or a continental option if you prefer, and they can offer other good home cooked meals for an extra charge throughout the rest of the day, even arranging packed lunches for hiking trips. The area is rightly well known for the outdoors and the friendly farm owners can advise you on hikes and cycle routes, and you can borrow their own bikes for free! There is plenty of fishing around and winter sports too, and you are of course welcome to store your ski equipment at the farm. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A homely farm stay with touches of luxury not normally provided by a B&B….” “What a special experience. We felt like part of the family…we went on a great hike through the sheep ranch. We felt like we had our own 5000 acre ranch. Outstanding hospitality and the rooms were both uniquely great. Don’t miss this place. We are coming back!!..” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT KARETU DOWNS: READ MORE
- Kauri Lodge offers pleasant, friendly, farm stay accommodation near the Hobbiton Movie Set, Lake Karapiro and the lovely town of Cambridge, amidst some typically beautifully New Zealand North Island countryside. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice between a very spacious two bedroom cottage which can sleep up to 7 and a smaller, though still large, double studio. They both have very well equipped kitchens, a large lounge area with satellite TV, and plenty of outside space and barbecue facilities. The studio is a little away from the main farmhouse and doesn’t have its own WiFi but guests are welcome to come and use the WiFi at the farmhouse any time the want. Guests are also welcome to explore the farm which keeps horses and cattle. Horse riding can be arranged too, though not horse riding lessons so they would want you to have at least some experience before hopping on. You’ll find the owners super friendly and helpful and though the accommodation is self catering you can also arrange them to prepare you a good breakfast in the morning for a reasonable extra fee. THE LOCATION: As mentioned above Kauri Farm Stay is just outside the town of Cambridge on New Zealand’s North Island. Perhaps the most popular attraction in the area is the Hobbiton Movie Set which, even for non Lord of The Rings fans, is a beautiful, almost other worldly place. The idyllic, deep green, hills that surround the set are very typical of the area and the land around Kauri farmstay very much also has that Hobbiton feel to it. The town of Cambridge is a very pleasant little place, it has become famous for its many trees and for its prowess in the sport of rowing, leading it to be dubbed ‘The town of trees and champions’. It’s not a big town by any means but sees a good number of tourists and so has a few good cafes and restaurants. Within an hour’s drive of the farmstay you can enjoy some of the North Island’s best natural attractions; Raglan Beach or the incredible underground caves at Waitomo to the west for example, or Rotorua town and READ MORE
- Papa Yurt at the Terraces is a peaceful glamping farm stay which sits on a hill on Waiheke Island, just off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand, and commands gorgeous views of Putiki bay below. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a range of luxury yurts to stay in, all of them spacious and clean, with a roof that can be opened up to see the stars, or left closed depending on the weather, a private bathroom with a rainforest shower, a small lounge area, WiFi, a coffee maker, and a private terrace at the front which has reclining chairs/sun loungers and a picnic table. THE FARM: In all the property has 9 acres of land on which there are over 600 olive trees, a fruit orchard and a vegetable garden. They also have a yoga yurt on the grounds where both private and communal sessions can be arranged. THE LOCATION: Waiheke Island, a little more than a half hour ferry trip from Auckland, is well known for its beauty and peaceful charm. The farmstay sits on a hill overlooking the lovely Putiki Bay and the whole area is equally scenic. You’ll find it great for hiking, cycling and of course swimming; with the nearest beach, Palm beach, only about 10 minutes walk away. And, if that sounds a bit too relaxing for you there is always the EcoZip adventure park in Onetangi, about 10 minutes away by car. Waiheke is also well known for its vineyards and you can find plenty of wine tourism here. The Hauraki Gulf Marine Park is also an interesting diversion, a protected area for marine life it covers around 1.2 million hectares of Waiheke including over 50 smaller islands. Many of the islands are off limits without a permit due to the presence of endangered species but you can arrange boat trips for visits to many of the others. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This place is a dream holiday spot. So relaxing and comfy and in such a beautiful and peaceful spot. The yurt was gorgeous and had everything you need and more. Thank you so much!…” “The yurt was immaculate and super comfortable, it had everything READ MORE
- A couple of hours outside Christchurch on New Zealand‘s South Island this homely and very friendly farm stay offers B&B beside Peel Forest, a large reserve park with a huge range of New Zealand’s native flora and fauna; birds such as karearea, kereru, robins and warblers, and plants such as totara, matai and kahikatea. The owners will be very happy to advise you about local hiking and to show you around their sheep farm. They have three choices of comfortable and clean rooms with shared bathroom, a sociable shared lounge and kitchen where guests can come together and cook, and all with free WiFi throughout. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “We really enjoyed our stay at Peel Forest Farm! It’s a working cattle and sheep farm and we loved the atmosphere there! Quiet, calm, perfect place to relax and enjoy nature, do some hikes or just chill on the terrace. We just loved it!…” “The peace and quiet of a real country farm…I couldn’t have ask for more. It was exactly what I was hoping to find!…” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT PEEL FOREST FARM: READ MORE
- The Farm at Cape Kidnappers has luxury farm stay accommodation on a 6,000 acre sheep farm near Hastings in Hawkes Bay, North Island, NZ. The setting is wonderful, with tremendous views all around, and the quality of the service and facilities on offer, which include a top restaurant, spa facilities and a golf course, make The Farm at Cape Kidnappers not just one of the best farm stay hotels in New Zealand, but one of the best hotels. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B suites or a four bedroom self catering cottage at the farm. All are beautifully appointed, clean, spacious and comfortable, and come with a private balcony, flat screen TV, DVD player, WiFi, and air con. At the main farmhouse there is a lounge area with an open fire, a gourmet restaurant, excellent spa treatments and facilities, a fitness centre, an infinity pool, a hot tub and a wine cellar (where you can join wine tasting sessions). The farm is perhaps most famous for its uniquely spectacular par 71 golf course which has superb ocean views. It also comes with a range of practice facilities, putting and chipping greens, a club shop and club house. The property also includes a fully working sheep and cattle farm, of which guests can arrange tours of, which include some impressive displays of sheep herding by the farm sheepdogs. There are other tours too, a Can-Am tour around the spectacular farm and coastline for example, a visit to a local kiwi sanctuary or gannet colony, horse riding, or tours of local vineyards. PRICES: Check out all the details – prices, reviews & more photos on the booking page here. THE LOCATION: On the east coast of North Island NZ, the larger area is known as Hawkes Bay with its two largest cities, Hastings & Napier, being just north of the farm. Hawkes Bay is known for its agriculture and agritourism, wine making and wine tourism in particular, with its full bodied reds now internationally famous. From Auckland the journey shouldn’t take more than five hours by car or less than an hour by plane to Hastings airport which is about READ MORE
- The highly rated Hunter’s Moon Farm Stay near Dunedin, South Island NZ, has very spacious B&B rooms on a 26 acre farm with nice views over Taieri Plain. The farm has sheep, alpacas, hens and a few very cute miniature horses. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a choice of two King Rooms and a Queen Suite. All of them are really spacious, modern and clean. Both the King Rooms have a king size bed but with the Superior King Room having that bit more space plus a sofa. The Queen Suite is larger still, with two double bedrooms, plenty of seating space and a very nice little private balcony with views over the plains and the mountains beyond. All the rooms come with en-suite bathrooms, air-con, satellite TV and there is WiFi throughout the building. There is plenty of common space around, a sociable shared lounge in the farmhouse, a terrace outside and a nicely tended garden area. You’ll find the owners very friendly and hospitable too, and they serve up a great breakfast in the morning. THE FARM: The farm has 26 acres in total, most of it farmland but with some small areas of bush and trees. They keep alpacas and sheep mainly but also some free range hens. The farm is pretty popular with children and they have plenty of opportunity to feed the sheep and alpacas, bring the horses for a walk and even collect some eggs from the hens for breakfast. As mentioned there are some lovely views from the farm and the farmhouse, and there is some forest area around too which can be nice to explore. It might be quite close to Dunedin City and much closer still to the town of Mosgiel, but it is a very much rural, countryside, retreat. THE LOCATION: The farm is just over a mile from Wingatui Railway Station and about three miles from Mosgiel town centre, where you’ll find plenty of shops and services without having to deal with the hassle of going into Dunedin centre. It’s also less than a mile to the well known Otago Racing Club/Mosgiel Racecourse. The centre of Dunedin takes about 20 READ MORE
- This lovely, North Island, family friendly, farm stay has great views over the Firth of Thames and the Coromandel mountain ranges and is home to many animals; sheep, horses, hens, pigs and a goat. You’re more than welcome to watch or help out with looking after the animals. The friendly owners have ponies too that can be ridden, and there are several lovely hiking and walking trails in and around the farm. Accommodation is in the form of very comfortable self-catering cottages with full kitchen and WiFi and there’s also a communal lounge area which offers a 3D TV, and an great outdoor barbecue area. The surrounding area is beautifully scenic, nearby the Coromandel mountains and Tararu Bay only about 8 minutes away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely stunning views from the farm down to Thames bay over the lush forest. A very quiet and secluded place like nothing we have seen before….” “A slice of paradise….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT FOR NIGHTINGALE FALLS RETREAT: READ MORE
- For a beautifully peaceful farm stay retreat near Christchurch, NZ, Eyre View Retreat is an excellent, and highly rated, choice. The farm sits on the Canterbury plains just west of the city, has lovely, clear, mountain views, and a slow, relaxed atmosphere that is infectious to the visitor. THE ACCOMMODATION: The accommodation on the farm is a cosy cottage/chalet, near the main farmhouse, with two bedrooms (one with queen size bed, the other with two singles), a lounge, kitchenette, dining room and bathroom. Outside the door there is a nice veranda area with seating and views over the fields and the distant mountains. There is also WiFi at the cottage plus a flat screen satellite TV, mini HiFi & DVD player. You’ll find the owners very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Though the accommodation is self catering they also provide a very good continental breakfast in the morning which includes some of their very own fresh home baked bread. THE FARM: The farm has a number of animals; alpacas, cattle, horses and ponies, all of which are pretty friendly and well used to strangers. You can take the alpacas and ponies for a walk around the farm if you wish, and you can arrange horse riding lessons in the local area, as well as guided horse treks. THE LOCATION: Though near to the charming city of Canterbury, the South Island’s largest city, Eyre Retreat and its surroundings are a rural idyll where the stars shine brightly at night and there is barely a sound to be heard. You can wander the farm then maybe take a walk through the Eyrewell Forest just behind, and there are also lots of tours and trips that you can organize from the farm: Horse riding treks, as mentioned above or wine tasting tours of the nearby Waipara vineyards for example. There are a few nice historic villages around too, with the nearby village of Cust being a good place for a leisurely day out. There are beaches too, ski resorts and some fabulous hiking towards the Southern Alps; places like the Korowai-Torlesse Tussocklands Park, Cragieburn and, slightly farther afield, the very spectacular Arthur’s READ MORE
- Brown Cow Farm Stay, on New Zealand’s North Island is located just off the State Highway, five minutes outside the town of Levin and 60 miles north of Wellington City. It has a very nice, spacious self catering apartment on its lively farm with added amenities like an outdoor swimming pool and a hot tub for guests to enjoy, and it more than makes a great stopover for visitors on their way south to Wellington and NZ’s South Island. THE ACCOMMODATION: The apartment has one double bedroom with king size bed but it’s also family friendly and the owners can provide two extra fold out beds/mattresses and bedding for a total of two adults and two children to stay. The living room is a very good size and there is a very well equipped kitchen too. The apartment is completely private and self contained, and guests can have as much or as little privacy as they want. It has its own veranda with hot tub and gardens with plenty of seating, an outdoor swimming pool (heated from mid November to April) and a children’s playground. The farm is a fun and interesting place to explore and you’ll find the farm owners super friendly and always willing to show guests around. It’s also right next to the apartment’s gardens and you can hand feed the animals across the fence. THE FARM: The farm was originally supposed to be just a daffodil farm, and the owners do keep and harvest some in the spring time (Sept-Oct) but it has now also evolved into a home for alpacas, sheep, goats, pigs, hens, rabbits and of course the, by now famous, Brown Cow! Guests can have plenty of interaction with the animals and you’ll find them all very friendly and placid. THE LOCATION: As mentioned it can be a great stopping off point for those on the trail to the South Island or for those looking for a rural retreat near Wellington, just 60 miles away. The nearest village is Ohau just two minute’s drive up the road with the larger town of Levin being about 5 minutes. The apartment is self catering but you’ll find READ MORE
- Criffel Station offers a fabulous farmstay experience in Wanaka, Otago, South Island New Zealand, where you can choose to stay in self catering cottages or glamping teepees on their huge, 2000 hectacre, farm with herds of red deer, alpacas and sheep. This part of Otago is wildly beautiful, serene and peaceful and the views from the farm are stunning, including views over the famous Lake Wanaka itself. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two self catering traditional cottages and a range of glamping tents to choose from. The cottages have three bedrooms, one double and two twin, and can sleep up to six people. They are modern and comfortable inside, with a good sized lounge area and a well equipped kitchen, but still retain a nice old fashioned charm. One (the Shearer’s Cottage) has a private porch outside, and with each cottage you’ll find plenty of space to be enjoyed in the gardens and the large farm. The glamping tents are teepee style and can fit up to six people. They are spacious, airy and comfortable and have seats inside as well as outside, where you’ll also find a barbecue area with picnic tables and hammocks. THE FARM: The farm is an interesting place; it’s a deer farm which has a large herd of European red deer, a fairly unusual sight in New Zealand. From their herd they produce quality venison, and they also keeps bees, alpacas and sheep. It’s also extremely large and is a wonderful place to explore. The owners are enthusiastic about farming and about the natural environment and they can organize informative farm tours for you where you’ll also get a chance to feed the animals, take photos etc.. There is also an on site farm shop from where you can buy some of their own food products to take home. THE LOCATION: The farmstay is just outside Wanaka, around six miles from the town centre in fact, and the farm has great views over Lake Wanaka itself. For those in the know, Wanaka is quite special, and sees a lot of tourists and outdoor adventure types. It is beside the South Island Alps and the Mount Aspiring National READ MORE
- Wacky Stays is just outside Kaikoura on New Zealand’s South Island and has a range of cute glamping accommodation on a working farm which guests are very welcome to explore and get to know some of the animals. You can choose from a colonial wagon, a yurt, a house truck/caravan, a tipi tent, a train carriage and a conventional, less ‘wacky’, two-bedroom farmer’s cottage. THE ACCOMMODATION: The Wagon: It can can sleep up to four, with two single beds and one double which can also be converted into two singles. It also has a small kitchen with a fridge, a microwave, toaster, kettle, etc. There is a small lounge area with a comfortable sofa, a widescreen TV and Blu-Ray/DVD player, air conditioning/ heater and the canvas roof is insulated with sheep’s wool. The Yurt: The 7 meter yurt is the real thing, imported all the way from Mongolia. It sits on a raised and insulated wooden floor and the walls, if that is the right word, are insulated with thick camel hair, which makes it wonderfully cool in summer, and warm in winter. It can sleep four, with one king size bed and two single beds, and separate to the unit, its own private bathroom and shower. The House Truck: The hand-crafted house truck has a double bed (above the drivers cab), a compact, well equipped kitchen, a lounge area with flat-screen TV & DVD player and traditional pot bellied stove (and electric heating too), and a toilet & separate shower. The Teepee: The large, 7-metre wide, teepee has, like the yurt, one king size bed and two singles and it too sits on a raised and insulated wooden floor. The walls are made from poly-cotton, waterproof, canvas with a semi insulated second layer. It has a separate bathroom with a shower and toilet. The Carriage: The carriage is a fully restored 1889 train carriage with two bedrooms; one with a double bed and the other with two bunk beds. There is a cute, compact bathroom there too with an antique toilet, sink and shower. The lounge area and kitchen are open plan and come with a TV and DVD player. The Farmer’s Cottage: READ MORE
- Straw Lodge is a very highly rated boutique vineyard hotel near Blenheim, at the gateway to South Island NZ’s Marlborough/Wairau Valley Wine Region. Their accommodation is in the form of luxury B&B lodges housed in a rather special, and eco friendly, straw bale building overlooking their Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc producing vineyards. THE ACCOMMODATION: The lodges are spacious, comfortable with quality finishings and custom designed furniture. There is a good size lounge/seating area with a sofa/sofa-bed, study desk, flat screen satellite TV and DVD player in each lodge, and outside you’ll find a nice courtyard with seating and views over the vineyards. There will be a barbecue at your disposal too and, even better, an lovely outdoor hot tub-jacuzzi. There is a comfortable communal lounge at the main building too with a selection of DVDs and books. The breakfast here is top class, generous and fresh, and if it inspires you to do some cooking yourself later in the day you are more than welcome to use some of the kitchen facilities. If you need some extra ingredients there is a fruit and vegetable garden outside from where you are welcome to pick you own. You can also of course sample some of the vineyard’s excellent wine; guests are gifted a bottle on arrival and you’ll find your hosts are always happy to explain a bit about wine making and the workings of a Marlborough vineyard. The whole property makes an effort to be as eco friendly as possible and, according to the owners, though not strictly organic, their vineyards and their fruit and vegetable gardens receive only the absolute minimum of chemical treatments. THE LOCATION: A real highlight of South Island NZ, Marlborough is undoubtedly the country’s premier wine region, and has an international reputation. It is also, naturally enough, a centre of wine tourism. Most of Marlborough’s wineries are open to the public where you can enjoy vineyard tours and wine tasting sessions. An increasing number will also have restaurants at the wineries; Marlborough is progressing strongly in food tourism too and you’ll standards very high. The surrounding countryside isn’t all vineyards of course just to the north READ MORE
- This small, eco-friendly farm stay, just outside the town of Cambridge, New Zealand and only 15 minutes drive from Hamilton Airport, has very comfortable self-catering villas on a working organic farm. All of their quite luxurious accommodation includes a kitchen, private bathroom, a flat-screen TV with DVD player, under-floor heating, iPod docking station and free WiFi throughout. They serve a very good organic breakfast with fruit, honey, eggs and milk straight from the farm. The surrounding area is famously great for outdoor adventures and guests can borrow their bikes and kayaks for free. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing location and loved the cottage. Amazing decor, comfort, setting and surroundings – super special place to stay….” “The décor was tasteful, comfortable and romantic and the setting was quiet and private. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was delicious, homemade and healthy. A lovely revitalizing retreat….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT EARTHSTEAD VILLAS: READ MORE