Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Family Friendly Farm Stays, Horseback Riding, Luxury Farm Stays, Organic Farms, and Vineyard HotelsFarm Stay Tags: Alentejo Agroturismo Farm Stays and Best Agroturismo Farm Stays: Central Portugal
Herdade dos Grous, near Beja, Alentejo, Portugal, is a luxury hotel on a 1700 acre organic farm estate that produces award winning wine and olive oil and has an outdoor swimming pool in the extensive gardens, and an artificial lake on the farm.
They have a range of top class suites and rooms, all of them with private bathroom, minibar, WiFi and satellite TV, plus the suites have a spacious seating area with an open fireplace.
There is a high quality restaurant and bar on site which serves the finest local food plus all of their own award winning wines, and a snack bar open throughout the day.
Or guests can entertain themselves playing tennis on the estate’s courts, playing billiards or table tennis, or going for a swim in the pool followed maybe by a visit to their sauna where massages are available for an extra fee.
This huge estate has a fully working farm, breeding Alentejo cattle, merino sheep and of course horses. The provide horse riding lessons and guided trails around the estate and the surrounding countryside, which you can also tour by bike with bike rental from the hotel.
They have extensive vineyards and olive groves too, that allows them to produce their own Herdade dos Grous award winning branded wines and olive oil. Guests are welcome to tour the estate and the winery, and to take a look at the production of the wine and olive oil, along with tasting sessions of both.
Much of their produce goes in to their wonderful meals and you can also buy some to take home from their on-site farm shop.
The farm stay is just south of Beja in the centre of Portugal’s Alentejo region. Alentejo is the country’s undoubted rural heartland and particularly famous for its cork and wine.
The cork trees here actually produce half of the world’s supply and its wines though still not completely mainstream are growing in popularity and its wine tourism industry has also been developing quite rapidly in recent years, with the help of estates like Herdade dos Grous.
The region is not on the mainstream tourist trail, and is, especially, a world away from the Algarve. But it does have a few towns that attract the attention of more cultured visitors; Evora, and its Roman ruins or the town of Elvas with its ancient fort, for example, both of them UNESCO world heritage sites, or some other smaller towns like Mertola or Monsaraz, can make for a very pleasant day out.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“The setting is incredible and room was lovely and spacious. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. The romantic dinner in the wine cellar is a must too...”
“Everything was perfect! Amazing nature, large lake, two pools in beautiful gardens, birds, horses, cows, ostriches and friendly labrador Oscar. We enjoyed every day a sauna, swimming, gym, tennis and great dinner…”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Herdade dos Grous, Albernoa
- Laundry Facilities
- Farm With Animals
- Bikes For Hire
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- On a cork farm in Portugal‘s Alentejo region, just a few kilometres from the border with Spain, Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo is a blissfully peaceful farmstay escape with B&B, and self catering accommodation, on 3500 hectacres of farmland that not only contains a huge amount of cork trees but also cattle, pigs, and fields of barley, oats, wheat and Read more...
- Agroturismo Herdade do Amarelo Nature & Spa is a luxury B&B farmstay in Alentejo, Portugal, within the Vincentian Coast Natural Park. It’s about 7km from the well known village of Vila Nova de Milfontes, 10km from the town of São Luís, and about 200km from Lisbon. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms are luxurious and spacious and all come with a Read more...
- The 3 star A Serenada Enoturismo is just over an hour from Lisbon, Alentejo, Portugal, and has luxury accommodation with commanding views over the surrounding, richly rural, countryside known as the Serra de Grândola. It’s a very impressive property surrounded by its own vineyards and cork plantations and consistently gets rave reviews from guests. There is great attention to detail Read more...
- Casa de Cacela is a very relaxing farmstay hotel in Vila Nova de Cacela, Portugal, just minutes from the Algarve coast, and has a range of B&B rooms among the fruit orchards and vegetable gardens which produce oranges, almonds, plums, loquats and many mor THE ACCOMMODATION: The comfortable rooms all come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi. There Read more...