Quinta da Tapada Agroturismo has self catering accommodation in a lovely traditional farmhouse near the old city of Evora, and the medieval village of Evoramonte, Alentejo, Portugal.
They have studio, one and two double bedroom cottages, all of which are modern and clean with a lounge and kitchenette, and come with air-con, flat screen TV and WiFi. The studio has one double bed, as has the one bedroom unit but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge of the one bed unit which can fit one more person.
The accommodation is self catering but also included in the price is a great buffet breakfast every morning full of fresh local produce some of it from their own farm.
Outside there is a terrace area and extensive gardens where you’ll find beautifully tended lawns, ancient olive trees, a swimming pool and barbecue facilities. And there’s the farm too of course which you’re welcome to have a look around, with sheep, goats, pigs and hens, and a range of fruits, herbs and vegetables.
The small, typically Alentejo, town of of Vimieiro is just down the road, about ten minutes walk away or less than two minutes drive. There you can find a supermarket, a few small shops, and nice restaurants and cafes. The land is flat in these parts and great for long walks, or for cycling and you can hire bikes for free at the farmhouse.
Farther afield there is the medieval village of Evoramonte just 13km away and the famously beautiful and historic city of Évora 40km away. There you can marvel at its UNESCO protected historic centre and its many highlights such as the Roman era Temple of Diana and the 12th century Gothic Cathedral the Sé de Évora.
Lisbon, and its international airport, is around an hour away directly to the west, and transfers to and from the farm stay can be arranged.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“We absolutely loved our stay. The houses are traditional Alentejo style homes surrounded by beautiful scenery. Our room was more like a little apartment as it had its own kitchenette. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. We were welcomed with fresh sangria by the pool which was very thoughtful specially because it was a really hot day.”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Quinta da Tapada de S. Pedro
- Bikes For Hire
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- A peaceful rural retreat near the historic city of Evora in Alentejo Portugal, Herdade da Amendoeira Agroturismo has B&B accommodation in a lovely, old style farmhouse surrounded by its 1700 acre farm estate which produces, amongst other things, a popular range of sheep cheeses and various jams. THE ACCOMMODATION: The agroturismo has eight rooms in total, four double and four Read more...
- Just outside the town of La Codosera, next to both the Spain/Portugal border and the Sierra de San Mamede National Park, Casa Rural Camino del Alentejo has a range of nice B&B rooms with private bathroom, flat-screen TV and WiFi on a working farm and vineyard. The serve a nice breakfast too with some good local produce including from Read more...
- About two hours from Lisbon in the beautifully picturesque Serra de São Mamede National Park, Alentejo, Portugal, Quinta das Lavandas is a charming farm stay set on a lavender farm that also has a small orchard and an olive grove. THE ACCOMMODATION: The building itself has been designed and furnished in a tastefully colourful, modernist style. Its seven B&B rooms Read more...
- The 3 star A Serenada Enoturismo is just over an hour from Lisbon, Alentejo, Portugal, and has luxury accommodation with commanding views over the surrounding, richly rural, countryside known as the Serra de Grândola. It’s a very impressive property surrounded by its own vineyards and cork plantations and consistently gets rave reviews from guests. There is great attention to detail Read more...