This lovely organic farm stay is just 6km from the beaches of Lagos, Algarve, Portugal, and has B&B accommodation in an early 19th-century traditional Portuguese farmhouse.
Their rustic style rooms are all hotel standard; clean, comfortable and spacious with en-suite bathroom and flat screen satellite TV. Most rooms have also a balcony or a terrace giving nice views of the nearby Algarve hills, and the Monchique Mountains to the north.
There is a very good restaurant at the farmhouse too which serves up a range of organic Algarvian and Portuguese specialities, some of the ingredients of which come fresh from the farm, and on some summer evenings they also organize barbecues and traditional Portuguese ‘churrasco’ evenings in the garden.
The farmhouse is surrounded by extensive, beautifully tended gardens and a small organic farm which has horses, goats and pigs, as well as various vegetables and over twenty different types of herb. Much of the farm produce ends up in the above mentioned excellent organic restaurant. There is a natural botanical swimming pool there too, and all around you’ll find plenty of space for sunbathing and outdoor dining.
Though just 6km from some of the Algarve’s most popular beaches the immediate area around the farm stay is peaceful and rural. You’ll find the village of Odiaxere like all the small villages in the area to be slow paced and traditional, and with a whole different character to the mass tourist resorts of the coast. Horse riding trips around the countryside, plus various other excursions and tours, can be arranged at the Quinta. The nearest airport is Faro, 85 kilometres away, and transfers to and from there can also be arranged.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“Vibrant colours, peaceful vibes. Close to nature, great for escaping the urban life yet close enough to the city center...”
“Very pleasant stay, very silent and relaxing, nice location, exceptional breakfast!..”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Quinta das Barradas, 8600-255 Odiaxere
- Laundry Facilities
- Farm With Animals
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- This very popular organic & eco-friendly farm stay is just outside the city of Lagos on Portugal’s Algarve coast, with the nearest beach, Meia Praia, just four kilometres away while Faro airport is about 60 km. The farm produces a large range of organic fruit and vegetables in the fields and gardens, which you can buy for cooking at Read more...
- Just outside Portimão, in the rural hinterland of the Algarve, Portugal, Burro Ville farmstay is a wonderfully peaceful escape from the region’s busy coastline, with comfortable accommodation on its working cattle and donkey farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: It has a number of cosy self catering cottages, all with a kitchen and a lounge and dining area with flat screen cable Read more...
- The consistently highly rated Agroturismo Vinha do Gaio is an organic, family run, farm stay just north of Lagos & Portimao on Portugal’s western Algarve coast. It lies on the slopes of the Monchique Mountains and there are some tremendous views of the surrounding countryside and the sea in the distance from Portimão to Sagres. The farm has sheep, donkeys, fruit Read more...
- Quinta Do Mel Agroturismo is a peaceful and tranquil rural retreat near Portugal’s Algarve coast, and within easy reach of the cities of Albufeira and Faro. THE ACCOMMODATION: The farmstay can offer a self catering apartment plus a range of B&B rooms. All the rooms are super comfortable and clean and come with air con, WiFi, TV, private bathroom and under-floor Read more...