Agroturismo Alves de Matos has B&B accommodation in a beautifully restored 16th century farmhouse midway between Portugal’s two largest cities, Lisbon and Porto, while also being close to the medieval city of Coimbra and many nice beaches. It is a place to relax and be pampered with a range of spa facilities of offer, but even if spa treatments are not your thing the peace, tranquility and beauty of the estate is enough to de-stress the most tired of minds.
They have a great range of rooms to sleep up to four (The family rooms), all of them feel new and relatively modern in style but some display the odd rustic touch too, in line with the rich history of the farmhouse and the estate. All the rooms are super comfortable and match the standards of any good boutique hotel, as do their generous, quality fresh breakfasts. (You can also order snacks during the day, and, if you give a little bit of advance notice, evening meals too.)
The spa is of course a major draw at Quinta Alves de Matos with facilities including a sauna, Turkish bath, hydromassage bath, contrast bath, min gym, and a Jacuzzi/hot tub both indoors and out. They have a range of treatments too and out in the lovely gardens you’ll find a swimming pool, sun loungers and fruit orchards from where you are welcome to pick your own fruit; peaches, lemons and oranges for example.
The location is ideal for those making the journey from Lisbon to Porto or vice versa. As mentioned above it is also very near the lovely old university city of Coimbra and some very good beaches at Leiria on the the Pinhal Litoral just 14km away.
The journey from Lisbon and from Porto shouldn’t take much more than an hour while Coimbra can be reached in about 40 minutes. Other well known places like Fátima, Nazaré, Alcobaça and Figueira da Fo are all also within an hours drive.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“Our favourite guest house in Portugal! Absolutely beautiful with fantastic staff!..”
“Lovingly restored farmhouse with top notch attention to every detail A most special place that would cost 3x as much anywhere else!..”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Rua Principal 625, Conqueiros, Monte Real,
Souto de Carpalhosa
- Spa Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Very near Coimbra, the 5 star Quinta das Lagrimas is part agroturismo, part Royal Palace and part luxury spa hotel, and had been a quiet sanctuary for Kings and Emperors for centuries, before recently opening its doors to paying guests. It is also the place where one of Portugal’s most infamous love stories took place; the story of Pedro Read more...
- Quinta de Palhacana is a peaceful, relaxing farm stay near Lisbon, Portugal, in the tiny village of Pereiro de Palhacana (A shuttle service can be arranged from Lisbon city centre or airport), and has B&B rooms in a farmhouse with a nice terrace, an outdoor swimming pool, gardens, horse stables and meadow fields. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their comfortable rooms Read more...
- About two hours from Lisbon in the beautifully picturesque Serra de São Mamede National Park, Alentejo, Portugal, Quinta das Lavandas is a charming farm stay set on a lavender farm that also has a small orchard and an olive grove. THE ACCOMMODATION: The building itself has been designed and furnished in a tastefully colourful, modernist style. Its seven B&B rooms Read more...
- A peaceful rural retreat near the historic city of Evora in Alentejo Portugal, Herdade da Amendoeira Agroturismo has B&B accommodation in a lovely, old style farmhouse surrounded by its 1700 acre farm estate which produces, amongst other things, a popular range of sheep cheeses and various jams. THE ACCOMMODATION: The agroturismo has eight rooms in total, four double and four Read more...