Farm Stay Category: B&B Farm Stays, Family Friendly Farm Stays, Self Catering Farm Stays, and Vineyard HotelsFarm Stay Tags: Best Agriturismo Farm Stays & Vineyard Hotels near Porto, Douro Valley Farmstays & Vineyard Hotels, and Northern Portugal
A very highly recommended agroturismo vineyard hotel near Porto in Portugal’s Vinho Verde-Douro Valley wine region, Agroturismo Pousadela offers a tremendous rural holiday experience: It’s in a beautiful setting with over 60 acres of vineyards and lots of hiking trails around the surrounding hills and forests, and the accommodation, the food and the service are all very much top class.
They have a range of accommodation in renovated traditional cottages around the grounds of the farm to sleep up to six guests. All their cottages are stylish and comfortable, and all have a well equipped kitchen and a lounge area with flat screen TV.
Outside each there is a patio area with outdoor seating, plus you’ll have loads of outdoor space to explore or to relax in; the large vineyard of course but also terraced areas and the well tended lawns and gardens which also contain an outdoor swimming pool.
The accommodation is self catering but breakfast is also included in the rate. It is served at the restaurant in the main farmhouse which is also open for other meals throughout the day.
The food here is famously good and have a variety of traditional Portuguese dishes to be sampled. It is a vineyard obviously so you can enjoy some of their very own wines or wines from other Douro Valley producers at the restaurant all day too.
They also have a shop at the farmhouse where you can also buy the wine as well as some other nice local food specialities, and of course staple foods to cook with while staying at the property.
There is a full 60 acres of vineyard, as well as numerous marked trails for walking, running and biking through the property and the surrounding hills and forests to be explored.
They produce their own classic Vinho Verde and Douro Valley wines which you can sample for very reasonable prices at the farmhouse restaurant. They can arrange tasting sessions for guests too, and informative tours of the extensive vineyards.
The agroturismo is less than an hour from the city of Porto and its international airport, (there is a shuttle service to and from the city and the airport direct to the agroturismo), in the fertile green hills of the Vinho Verde wine region between the Douro and Olo rivers.
The area is popular with more seasoned travellers, especially those with an affinity for good food & wine, nature and relatively undiscovered destinations.
The countryside is lush and peaceful and there are many lovely towns around, one of the nicest of all being Amarante on the banks of the River Tamega, about 10km from the agroturismo. The whole area is still under the radar for international tourism though that might change soon, in the mean time this very lovely slice of Portuguese countryside is a thoroughly charming and relaxing place to explore.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“If you want a place to relax and enjoy the best things in life at a slower pace, this is it!..”
“Everything!!! Property has own local restaurant. Rooms are with private entrance and our was with balcony. Super friendly staff. Silence and beauty of nature around. Wine tasting included 🙂 ”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Quinta de Pousadela, Ôlo Amarante,
- Laundry Facilities
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- This luxury vineyard hotel & agriturismo on the south bank of the famous Douro River in Northern Portugal, has fabulous views over the Douro Valley and has long been a popular choice in northern Portugal , especially with those who appreciate more than an extra touch of luxury. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation including four plush Read more...
- In Paços de Gaiolo, Portugal, about 40 kilometres along the Douro Valley to the east of Porto, Quinta da Bouça is a very lovely escape to nature, with 16 hectacres of woodland, fruit orchards and vegetables gardens along with a seasonal outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. They have four spacious and comfortable self catering cottages to rent, all with kitchen Read more...
- Along the banks of the Corgo River, Quinta do Vallado is one of the most famous winery estates in the Douro Valley with a history going all the way back to 1716. It once belonged to the pioneering port wine maker, Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to her descendents today. It is now a modern, luxury boutique Read more...
- In Peso da Régua, in the heart of Portugal‘s premier wine producing region, the Douro Valley, and about 100km from Porto Airport (Airport transfers can be arranged) Quinta de Marrocos is an award winning vineyard estate with B&B accommodation at its restored 17th century farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their homely, traditional style rooms all come with air conditioning, flat screen Read more...