Farm Stay Category: Family Friendly Farm Stays, Organic Farms, Pet Friendly Farm Stays, and Self Catering Farm StaysFarm Stay Tags: Andalusia: Agroturismo Farm Stays and Southern Spain Agriturismo Farm Stays
Cuevas del Pino is an agroturismo farm stay near Cordoba, Andalusia, Spain, which has some lovely quaint and rustic self catering cottages on its 60 acre organic farm. It also has the added intrigue of being set around an old stone quarry which has cave systems to explore and a cave house for overnight stays.
The setting is quite unique and though just minutes from Cordoba city centre it is gorgeously peaceful. The hosts are friendly and charming and you’ll find a creative, bohemian vibe about with lots of activities to be enjoyed from yoga and meditation to photography and painting workshops, as well as various low key events; musical performances, micro theatre and film showings.
The have a choice of four cottages, two of them are one double bedroom and two of them two bedroom, with the latter being able to sleep up to five people.
They are all charmingly rustic and traditional in style, and with some nice antique furniture and art pieces decorating the space. They are also very clean and comfortable and with modern facilities. You’ll find a well equipped kitchen, a lounge area, and outside a nice private terrace area with tables, chairs and sun loungers.
The most unique of the accommodation choices is of course the cave house. A clever bit of architecture, it is, as the name suggests, a cottage built in to a cave, with solid rock for (most of) the walls and ceilings. The design is that of an open plan loft and is super spacious and stylish.
Though all the accommodation is of a high standard and thoroughly charming the cave house is understandably the most popular and so be sure to book well ahead of time.
Outside there are some nicely tended gardens and an outdoor swimming pool with plenty of space for relaxing. Beyond that there is the farm, an organic, eco-friendly project that grows a variety of fruits and vegetables including beet-root and sweet corn.
The farm stay is conveniently near Cordoba, a popular destination for tourists in Andalusia and one which rivals Granada for its rich Moorish history and heritage. By car the journey from the city is not much more than 10 minutes but Cuevas del Pino is still appealingly rural; peaceful, natural and inspiring.
The nearest village is Villarrubia de Cordoba about 2km away. It’s a quiet little place but with a few restaurants and shops to stock up on supplies. Farther afield both Seville and Jaén can be reached in less than 2 hours by car.
WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY:
“A fantastic stay, in a stunning place, run by warm and hospitable people…”
“We stayed in the cave, a truly amazing piece of architecture perfectly fused with nature. It was spotlessly clean with plenty of towels and bedding. The farm is situated a little way outside of Cordoba centre but it is worth the extra distance to see the stars from your patio at night and to spend time in such beautiful surroundings….”
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Finca Cuevas del Pino, Villarrubia
- Laundry Facilities
- Swimming Pool
People are also looking at these nearby farm stays:
- Near to both Seville & Cordoba but very much in the wilds of northern Andalucia, Spain, this charming farm stay has a variety of rooms and suites on a working organic farm with an outdoor swimming pool. It offers horse riding lessons too and has ready access to some of Europe’s most enchanting landscapes including the beautiful Sierra Norte Read more...
- Hospederia La Era is a boutique, eco-friendly, hotel surrounded by olive groves in the village of Almedinilla, near to both Cordoba and Granada, as well as the Costa del Sol, in Andalucia, Spain. It gets rave reviews from guests for its tranquil, peaceful location, its excellent organic food and the warmth, friendliness and enthusiasm of its owners. THE ACCOMMODATION: Read more...
- La Bobadilla Luxury Agroturismo, near to both Granada and the Costa del Sol, Spain, looks, from a distance, like a classic, white washed village tucked away in the hills of Andalusia. Up close all is revealed; a Moorish style palace and a series of old manor farmhouse buildings converted into what is now undoubtedly one of the best luxury Read more...
- Hacienda de San Rafael, Andalucia, is a luxury agroturismo rural retreat between Seville and Jerez and close to the pleasant beaches of the Costa de la Luz. A boutique hotel in a restored 450 year old Hacienda farmhouse, it has rustic charm in abundance, but doesn’t forgo modern comforts or facilities. It has three swimming pools, two bars and a Read more...