No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agroturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels near Porto, Portugal! All come with instant booking & best price guaranteed via Booking.com
- In Paços de Gaiolo, Portugal, about 40 kilometres along the Douro Valley to the east of Porto, Quinta da Bouça is a very lovely escape to nature, with 16 hectacres of woodland, fruit orchards and vegetables gardens along with a seasonal outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. They have four spacious and comfortable self catering cottages to rent, all with kitchen and lounge with flat screen TV and WiFi. And guests are welcome to wander through the woods or gardens, pick up some fruit or vegetables and maybe meet some of the friendly Garranos horses, a rare breed of horse native to Northern Portugal and Galicia, Spain, which roam freely around the property. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “I can not recommend this place enough, it was absolutely gorgeous! We can not wait to be back there. It exceeded our expectations! Thank you!…” “The place is beautiful, peaceful, with amazing views. The owner, Paula, was super nice and helpful. I strongly recommend Quinta da Bouça if you want a completely stress free place to restore your energy….” >>CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT QUINTA DA BOUÇA: READ MORE
- A very highly recommended agroturismo vineyard hotel near Porto in Portugal’s Vinho Verde-Douro Valley wine region, Agroturismo Pousadela offers a tremendous rural holiday experience: It’s in a beautiful setting with over 60 acres of vineyards and lots of hiking trails around the surrounding hills and forests, and the accommodation, the food and the service are all very much top class. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation in renovated traditional cottages around the grounds of the farm to sleep up to six guests. All their cottages are stylish and comfortable, and all have a well equipped kitchen and a lounge area with flat screen TV. Outside each there is a patio area with outdoor seating, plus you’ll have loads of outdoor space to explore or to relax in; the large vineyard of course but also terraced areas and the well tended lawns and gardens which also contain an outdoor swimming pool. The accommodation is self catering but breakfast is also included in the rate. It is served at the restaurant in the main farmhouse which is also open for other meals throughout the day. The food here is famously good and have a variety of traditional Portuguese dishes to be sampled. It is a vineyard obviously so you can enjoy some of their very own wines or wines from other Douro Valley producers at the restaurant all day too. They also have a shop at the farmhouse where you can also buy the wine as well as some other nice local food specialities, and of course staple foods to cook with while staying at the property. THE VINEYARD: There is a full 60 acres of vineyard, as well as numerous marked trails for walking, running and biking through the property and the surrounding hills and forests to be explored. They produce their own classic Vinho Verde and Douro Valley wines which you can sample for very reasonable prices at the farmhouse restaurant. They can arrange tasting sessions for guests too, and informative tours of the extensive vineyards. THE LOCATION: The agroturismo is less than an hour from the city of Porto and its international airport, (there is a shuttle READ MORE
- This luxury vineyard hotel & agriturismo on the south bank of the famous Douro River in Northern Portugal, has fabulous views over the Douro Valley and has long been a popular choice in this part of the world, especially with those who appreciate more than an extra touch of luxury. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of accommodation including four plush B&B rooms in the main farmhouse; a lovingly restored manor which dates back to the 17th Century, as well as two adjacent, equally plush self catering cottages. Check your options on the booking page here. Three of the B&B rooms are doubles and one a twin, and all are super clean, comfortable and suitably furnished in a rustic style, and they all come with en-suite bathroom with an old style bathtub, flat screen TV in the room and WiFi. The two self catering cottages are equally plush and stylish, and can fit up to eight guests. Each of them have two bedrooms and can fit an extra two extra guests in the lounge area. There is also a fully equipped modern kitchen & bathroom. Outside in the grounds you’ll find a terrace and a swimming pool, and some very well tended manor type formal gardens dating back to 1906 with a fish pond and even a historic, sanctified chapel. And the views from the property, as mentioned before, are simply stunning. THE FARM: The farm is set over 12 acres and contains a vineyard, olive groves and thousands of fruit trees, from which the owners produce their own red and white wines, olive oil, various types of fruit, and honey. Guests are welcome to tour the farm and learn how everything is done, while also getting to sample some of the fine fresh produce. THE LOCATION: Lying in the heart of the Douro Valley, just over an hour from Porto, the farm stay is an ideal base for exploring this famous agricultural region that, thanks to its special micro climate, has been producing wine, olives and various fruits and vegetables since as far back as Roman times. It is now of course mainly known as a wine region, with READ MORE
- Quinta do Rocha is ideally placed for a relaxing break in the heart of some of Portugal’s most lovely countryside; the northern part of the country’s largest vineyard region; Vinho Verde. They have B&B accommodation in a beautiful old mansion farm house, surrounded by vineyards and orchards, which has been in the same family for generations. It is beautifully situated on a lightly wooded hillside with an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens, and the views all around are really quite stunning. THE ACCOMMODATION: The house is large and has a great range of rooms to choose from. All of them are double or twins, though there is one unit which consists of two connecting rooms that can sleep up to four people. They are all classic style, rustic and romantic, and have a nice air of old fashioned opulence. The entire house in fact, feels somewhat from a different, much more grand, era. There is lots of space both inside and out, and you can spend your days by the pool or exploring the orchards and vineyards and in the evenings enjoying a drink on the terrace, which will doubtless include some of their own home grown Vinho Verde wine. And you will be treated to a great breakfast every morning with fresh fruit juice from the farm’s own orchards. THE LOCATION: The Vinho Verde wine region takes up much of Portugal to the north of Porto and is the country’s largest wine growing region. The countryside around Quinta do Rocha, to the north of Braga is surprisingly under visited by foreign tourists, being as it is somewhat over-shadowed by the more well known Douro Valley just to the south, but it is a gorgeous terrain of forests, hills, meandering rivers and of course vineyards and a joy to explore for those who take the time. And for real wilderness we’d recommend a trip to the Peneda-Gerês National Park, just to the west of Quinta do Rocha, along the Spanish border. It has numerous hiking trails through forests and hills that are home to wolves, deer and golden eagles. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Comfortable rooms, large clean swimming pool, READ MORE
- Just outside the village of Vilar de Maçada in the Douro Valley of Northern Portugal, and about 20 minutes drive from the city of Vila Real, pet friendly Quinta de Fiães has a range of very nice rooms and self catering apartments on a working vineyard with an outdoor swimming pool. All their rooms, suites and apartments come with private bathroom, satellite TV and WiFi, while the suites and apartments also have a kitchenette and a comfortable lounge area. The friendly staff can arrange a tour of the vineyards and tasting sessions of their wines. There is a very good on-site restaurant too where guests, including self catering guests, are served a free buffet breakfast every morning and where good traditional Portuguese food is available all day. There are shuttle buses every day to the city and the staff can organize baby sitting services too if required. And they can also arrange a shuttle service to and from Porto International Airport about an hour and a half away by car. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Amazing customer service – the owners go above and beyond to make it an enjoyable stay!..” “We felt really welcome as if staying with friends. Lovely rural location, surrounded by vineyards, excellent swimming pool, very good food…” Click here to read more of what other guests say. READ MORE
- In Peso da Régua, in the heart of Portugal‘s premier wine producing region, the Douro Valley, and about 100km from Porto Airport (Airport transfers can be arranged) Quinta de Marrocos is an award winning vineyard estate with B&B accommodation at its restored 17th century farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their homely, traditional style rooms all come with air conditioning, flat screen satellite TV, WiFi, private bathroom and a balcony with nice views of the surrounding mountains or the river Douro. You’ll also find a bar and restaurant here, and a nice shared lounge and terrace overlooking the gardens and vineyards. THE WINE: The big focus here is wine, specifically the Douro and Port wine of which the the region is famous. The Quinta de Marrocos estate has produced a number of award winning ports and they still make use of traditional granite presses where the grapes are pressed by foot, and cellars where the wine is aged in barrels, vats and casks of wood which gives the wine its famed complexity. There is a lot to learn and the estate owners organize very interesting vineyard tours, cellar tours and tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: Northern Portugal’s Douro Valley is well known for its wine, in fact it is reputed to be the longest continual wine growing region in the world. But besides that it is also beautifully rural with great stretches of rolling green hills and woodlands all around. Even if wine is not your thing you’ll still find it a very lovely place for exploring, with some nice hikes offering great views over the river below. It is also great for all sorts of outdoor activities; cycling, golfing, hiking, water sports, boat trips and horse riding can all be easily arranged; just ask at the Quinta for advice. For more education on the region we’d also recommend a trip to the Douro Museum, only about 4km from Quinta de Marrocos in the centre of Peso da Régua, where you can learn a lot more about this iconic region generally, with of course a major focus on the wine industry. Again not far from Quinta de Marrocos, on the the south bank of READ MORE
- Casa Lata Agroturismo is a very popular farm stay/vineyard hotel stay near Braga, Portugal in the heart of the Vinho Verde wine region, with a mixture of rooms in its plush farmhouse surrounded by olive groves, orange trees and grape vines. THE ACCOMMODATION: All their comfortable, hotel standard, rooms come with flat screen TV and private bathroom, and they also have a sociable dining area and lounge at the property as well as an outdoor swimming pool in the gardens. THE WINE: The main attraction here seems to be the wine though and the owners are always happy to show guests around, teach them about the wine making processes and of course take part in wine tasting sessions. At the moment they produce red and white wines under the Terras de Amares brand with its white Loureiro being a particular favourite. THE LOCATION: The Vinho Verde region of Portugal, up in the north near the border with Galicia, Spain, is the country’s largest wine growing region and has been producing wine for at least two thousand years. Most visitors to the area will have an interest in wine though in itself the region is pleasant to travel around; classic Northern Portuguese terrain with fertile, green hills all around, meandering rivers and gentle sloping valleys. You’ll find the area around Casa Lata Agroturismo less touristic than the Douro Valley to the south, the majority of the wineries here are small scale family affairs but some of them do offer visits and tours. The owners at Casa Lata Agroturismo are always happy to advise on other vineyards to visit as well as their own. Nearby towns of note include historic Guimarães, with its famous castle, the beautiful city of Viana do Castelo where the Lima River meets the sea, and of course Braga just to the south of Casa Lata, with its historic centre and abundance of old churches. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “This family run hotel was amazing. We couldn’t feel more looked after. It was beautiful, the location was stunning and the wine we had from their private vineyard was out of this world. Anyone staying here will not be disappointed…..” READ MORE