No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agroturismo farm stays & vineyard hotels in Alentejo, Portugal! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com
- About two hours from Lisbon in the beautifully picturesque Serra de São Mamede National Park, Alentejo, Portugal, Quinta das Lavandas is a charming farm stay set on a lavender farm that also has a small orchard and an olive grove. THE ACCOMMODATION: The building itself has been designed and furnished in a tastefully colourful, modernist style. Its seven B&B rooms are comfortable and clean, with private bathroom, flat screen TV and WiFi, and some come with a terrace or balcony. There’s a nice lounge and dining area as well, and outside a sun terrace and swimming pool and you’ll find kids will be well entertained with various games to play and a small playground. THE FARM: The main activity on the farm is the production of Lavender, they use over 100 varieties of lavender to make various essential oils on the property and you’ll find the friendly, enthusiastic owners a great source of information about the whole process. They grow a variety of fruits and vegetables too, as well as producing their own olive oil. THE LOCATION: The area surrounding the farm also has much to offer; the Serra de São Mamede Park is an unexpectedly wild mountain area in the otherwise flatlands of Alentejo, and has some great hiking and rock climbing almost right on the doorstep of the farm stay. Slightly farther there are many classic northern Alentejo villages also to be explored; Castelo de Vide for example, and Portalegre, or the iconic hilltop village of Marvão. If you need you can hire bikes direct from the farm owners, but the area is quite hilly so be prepared! WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Beautiful location, exceptionally friendly and helpful READ MORE
- Agroturismo Herdade do Amarelo Nature & Spa is a luxury B&B farm stay in Alentejo, Portugal, within the Vincentian Coast Natural Park. It’s about 7km from the well known village of Vila Nova de Milfontes, 10km from the town of São Luís, and about 200km from Lisbon. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their rooms are luxurious and spacious and all come with a private entrance and terrace, a flat screen TV, WiFi and a minibar, and some of the larger rooms also have a private hot tub. Herdade do Amarelo also has a Spa and Wellness centre. There’s an outdoor gym, a salt water swimming pool and a jacuzzi and they have a range of massage services available all day. You’ll find a nice range of good homemade food and wine here too; they have a great buffet breakfast in the morning and various snacks, light meals and drinks are available throughout the day. THE FARM: It’s a working farm with cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, hens, vegetable gardens, olive trees and vineyards, all of which are organic. Guests are welcome to explore the farm and take part in activities such as looking after the animals and picking olives and grapes etc. You can also learn a little about the production of olive oil and wine and join some tasting sessions. THE LOCATION: The surroundings; the Vincentine Coast Natural Park is great for exploring and you’re never far away from some of Alentejo’s best beaches. You can hire bikes for free from the farmstay, the staff are always ready to provide good advice about the many cycling and hiking routes nearby and they can arrange horse riding and canoeing trips amongst others. WHAT OTHER READ MORE
- A peaceful rural retreat near the historic city of Evora in Alentejo Portugal, Herdade da Amendoeira Agroturismo has B&B accommodation in a lovely, old style farmhouse surrounded by its 1700 acre farm estate which produces, amongst other things, a popular range of sheep cheeses and various jams. THE ACCOMMODATION: The agroturismo has eight rooms in total, four double and four twins, all of them are spacious, comfortable and clean and come with private bathroom, TV, air-con and mini bar. There is no WiFi in the rooms but it is available in the main hall & sitting room, and around the outdoor swimming pool. The double rooms are a few yards away from the main farmhouse with their own private terrace and lovely views over the surrounding area, while the ‘twin rooms’ surround the traditional patio area which was once used to house the estate horses. There are many common areas to discover; outdoor terraces, gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. Inside there is the great ‘Hunting hall’ where you can relax in the evening and where you’ll be treated to a very fine home cooked breakfast in the morning, including fresh orange juice, traditional regional ham, honey, jam and eggs, all of which are produced on the farm. And in the summer months they serve up a buffet lunch for an extra charge. THE FARM: The huge, 1700 acre estate is a calm and beautiful place to wander around though there is lot of activity going on; they have a traditional cheese making facility which produces around 30.000 packets per month from their herd of circa 1000 pure bred “saloia” sheep that they milk twice a day. They also keep hens, READ MORE
- Quinta da Tapada Agroturismo has self catering accommodation in a lovely traditional farmhouse near the old city of Evora, and the medieval village of Evoramonte, Alentejo, Portugal. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have studio, one and two double bedroom cottages, all of which are modern and clean with a lounge and kitchenette, and come with air-con, flat screen TV and WiFi. The studio has one double bed, as has the one bedroom unit but there is also a sofa bed in the lounge of the one bed unit which can fit one more person. The accommodation is self catering but also included in the price is a great buffet breakfast every morning full of fresh local produce some of it from their own farm. Outside there is a terrace area and extensive gardens where you’ll find beautifully tended lawns, ancient olive trees, a swimming pool and barbecue facilities. And there’s the farm too of course which you’re welcome to have a look around, with sheep, goats, pigs and hens, and a range of fruits, herbs and vegetables. THE LOCATION: The small, typically Alentejo, town of of Vimieiro is just down the road, about ten minutes walk away or less than two minutes drive. There you can find a supermarket, a few small shops, and nice restaurants and cafes. The land is flat in these parts and great for long walks, or for cycling and you can hire bikes for free at the farmhouse. Farther afield there is the medieval village of Evoramonte just 13km away and the famously beautiful and historic city of Évora 40km away. There you can marvel at its UNESCO protected historic centre and its many highlights such as READ MORE
- On a cork farm in Portugal‘s Alentejo region, just a few kilometres from the border with Spain, Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo is a blissfully peaceful farmstay escape with B&B, and self catering accommodation, on 3500 hectacres of farmland that not only contains a huge amount of cork trees but also cattle, pigs, and fields of barley, oats, wheat and olives. THE ACCOMMODATION: Their accommodation is tastefully decorated in rustic style in keeping with the low key, rustic atmosphere of the place. The B&B rooms are all super comfortable, with air conditioning, TV, study desk and private bathrooms, and there is plenty of space around the cottages and the gardens to relax, with an outdoor swimming pool and gardens, and indoor lounge area which includes a billiards table, and a large terrace with lots of seating space. The self catering accommodation is in separate cottages that are spacious and equally stylish and comfortable, with their own kitchen, lounge area and terrace, and guests there can also make use of the facilities at the main farmhouse. Note: No WiFi! THE FARM: The huge farm is open for guests to explore themselves, or with a guided tour, and they can learn a lot about looking after farm animals and the production of cereals, olives, and of course the world famous Alentejo cork. THE LOCATION: The surrounding area too is beautifully remote and peaceful and is great for a long meandering walk or cycle. The farm owners are always ready to give advice about what to see and do in the local area and can help organise fishing trips and canoeing around the local rivers. The nearest city to Herdade da Negrita Agroturismo would READ MORE
- The 3 star A Serenada Enoturismo is just over an hour from Lisbon, Alentejo, Portugal, and has luxury accommodation with commanding views over the surrounding, richly rural, countryside known as the Serra de Grândola. It’s a very impressive property surrounded by its own vineyards and cork plantations and consistently gets rave reviews from guests. There is great attention to detail in terms of comfort, style and decor, you’ll find the food and wine top quality and the service equally so. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a choice of 6 rooms and suites, all of which are plush, inviting and luxury hotel standard, though the more spacious ‘Balcony Suite’ steals the show with what is more like a private terrace than a balcony with nice views over the vineyards. There is an infinity type outdoor swimming pool in the gardens and lots of seating and lounging space too. All the rooms are B&B and the fresh buffet breakfast makes a great start to the day. You can also order further meals at any time, they will be consistently good and come well paired with a selection of their own wines. THE ESTATE: It’s a pretty large estate and lovely to wander around. They also have bikes at the property for guests to use and you can arrange picnic hampers to take with you on your travels. Wine is the main business at A Serenada of course and you can visit the wine cellars and take part in tasting sessions etc. The staff are known for their knowledge and enthusiasm and are always happy to impart the same to guests. It’s not all wine though, this being Alentejo, the world’s biggest supplier of cork, READ MORE
- Herdade dos Grous, near Beja, Alentejo, Portugal, is a luxury hotel on a 1700 acre organic farm estate that produces award winning wine and olive oil and has an outdoor swimming pool in the extensive gardens, and an artificial lake on the farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of top class suites and rooms, all of them with private bathroom, minibar, WiFi and satellite TV, plus the suites have a spacious seating area with an open fireplace. There is a high quality restaurant and bar on site which serves the finest local food plus all of their own award winning wines, and a snack bar open throughout the day. Or guests can entertain themselves playing tennis on the estate’s courts, playing billiards or table tennis, or going for a swim in the pool followed maybe by a visit to their sauna where massages are available for an extra fee. THE FARM: This huge estate has a fully working farm, breeding Alentejo cattle, merino sheep and of course horses. The provide horse riding lessons and guided trails around the estate and the surrounding countryside, which you can also tour by bike with bike rental from the hotel. They have extensive vineyards and olive groves too, that allows them to produce their own Herdade dos Grous award winning branded wines and olive oil. Guests are welcome to tour the estate and the winery, and to take a look at the production of the wine and olive oil, along with tasting sessions of both. Much of their produce goes in to their wonderful meals and you can also buy some to take home from their on-site farm shop. THE LOCATION: The farm stay READ MORE