No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Here are our choices for the best agriturismo farm stays, vineyard hotels & rural retreats in Central France! All come with instant online booking & lowest price guaranteed via Booking.com.
- Very near Vichy in the rich green farming countryside of Auvergne, France, this peaceful farmhouse has spacious, nicely decorated double rooms with private bathroom, WiFi and continental breakfast each morning. The friendly hosts are good cooks and you can arrange for them to cook you evening meals too, using the best local produce including many vegetables grown in their own gardens. Le Manoir de Presle gets great reviews for many things but especially for the hospitality of the hosts, and the peaceful, relaxing nature of the property. It’s a great place to rewind, and to recharge, and the surrounding area is fantastic for cycling and hiking, with the lovely Boire des Carres Nature Reserve just over 20km away. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “Absolutely fantastic! Great hosts, location and accommodation. We felt at home immediately and our two day stay felt as though we’d been there longer….” “The views are amazing and the area is extremely quiet so that it is possible to relax….” >> CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS & TO BOOK YOUR STAY AT LE MANOIR DE PRESLE: READ MORE
- This organic farmhouse stay in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France makes for a very relaxing, alternative getaway near Vallon-Pont-d’Arc, a popular tourist town famous for its magnificent gorges and Pont d’Arc. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of B&B rooms and suites to sleep up to three people per room in their traditional French farmhouse. The rooms, and the farmhouse generally are beautifully renovated, with exposed stone walls, arched roofs and well chosen furniture giving a romantically rustic feel to the property. You’ll find the rooms spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which has its own lounge area, and they all come with private bathroom and shower. There’s a nice lounge at the farmhouse too with plenty of comfortable seating and a LCD TV and DVD player. Outside there is plenty of space in the gardens which has an outdoor swimming pool with seats and sun loungers. You’ll be treated to a very fine, fully organic, breakfast every morning in the sociable dining room, and if they want, guests are welcome to use the shared kitchen to cook for themselves throughout the rest of the day. THE FARM: The farm’s main business is in the production of almonds but they also have some other fruit and vegetable groves as well as some sheep. Bruno, the owner, is passionate about organic farming and is always happy to take guests on informal farm tours. THE LOCATION: The farm stay is just outside Vallon-Pont-D’Arc which is a well known destination for the beautiful caves and gorges of Ardèche (Gorges de l’Ardèche), especially the Pont-D’Arc, an iconic 30 meter tall archway. One good way to absorb the grandeur of the gorges is to go on a canoe trip from Vallon Pont d’Arc, which can easily be arranged from the farmstay. The area around Gorges de l’Ardèche is also a national park and is full of wild scenery, forests, rivers and much wildlife. And slightly farther afield, about half an hour by car, you’ll find two other vast parks Monts d’Ardèche and Parc national des Cévennes, offering equally spectacular scenery and a great array of animal and plant life. Very nearby too is the famous Chauvet Cave, inside of which are Palaeolithic cave READ MORE
- In the village of Langon, near Vierzon, Bourges, Tours and Orleans, Cher-et Loire, France, Domaine de la Gaucherie is a comfortable and friendly farm stay with B&B rooms in a nicely renovated traditional French farmhouse. THE ACCOMMODATION: They have a range of comfortable rooms and suites for up to four people, all them are modern and clean but with a rustic farmhouse ambience. They all have a private bathroom with bath tub and one comes with its own spa bath. There is WiFi throughout and a TV in the shared lounge. The outdoors are wonderful, especially for kids, there are plenty of animals to meet and they also have a fish pond as well as an outdoor heated swimming pool. Indoors there is a nice shared lounge with TV and WiFi and plenty of toys for the children. A very good and generous continental breakfast is provided every morning with an array of pastries, crepes, breads, muesli, fruits and yoghurts. For an extra charge you can also have equally good two and three course evening meals in the dining room cooked with some of the finest local ingredients. THE FARM: It is a lively working farm with sheep, donkeys, ponies, chickens and geese, all of them are friendly and well used to visitors and children will particularly love the interaction with the animals. THE LOCATION: This part of France, the Loire Valley, is rich in history and culture, especially in terms of food and wine. The farmstay is in Loire et Cher, in the centre of a triangle between Tours, Bourges and Orléans, and is surrounded by much lovely countryside. You’ll find a a huge amount of vineyards here, with plenty of wine tours to choose from, and many interesting and enjoyable small towns and villages to be visited. Read more about the location: It is near the iconic forests of the Sologne, which occupy the area just before the Loire River turns west on its journey to the Atlantic. The Sologne has been famous for centuries as a hunting ground for the former kings of France and though it is probably less wild and mysterious than in bygone years READ MORE
- Château de Montlieu is a beautifully serene rural retreat near to both Versailles and Paris, France, which has a choice of self catering accommodation in its classic French château building. There is a spa and wellness centre at the property too and it is surrounded by forest, farm and parkland where sheep, donkeys and deer graze peacefully. THE ACCOMMODATION: There is a great choice of one two and three bed villas to sleep up to 6 people, plus some smaller double studios. All of them are self catering with well equipped kitchens, comfortable lounges/seating areas and quality finishings. You’ll have a well stocked fridge waiting for you with organic breakfast food & fresh bread and you’ll have all the staples such as tea, coffee (Nespresso), milk, sugar etc. You can also organize an organic breakfast to be made for you for an extra fee. The spa and wellness centre offers various therapies and treatments including reflexology and sophrology and you’ll find a more basic form of therapy in long strolls around the beautiful château grounds and farm, a mixture of woodland and parkland. There is a herd of deer at the property as well as some sheep and donkeys. THE LOCATION: The chateau is conveniently near to both Paris and Versailles; about a half an hour to Versailles and less than an hour from central Paris. There is an SNCF train station fairly close by at Rambouillet and you can arrange transfers to and from there so the chateau can be a alternative base for exploring the very touristy Versailles or even Paris. Rambouillet draws some tourists too though with its own very grand 14th-century chateau & former royal palace and makes for a very a nice day out. The area is still mostly very rural though, peaceful and quiet, with small villages and rich farming land. Between the chateau and Paris there is also the vast Haute Vallée de Chevreuse Natural Regional Park and the lovely Forêt Domaniale de Rambouillet to be explored. WHAT OTHER GUESTS SAY: “A very friendly and helpful welcome, apartments are very well designed and fitted. So good we booked again as a stop on our return journey READ MORE
- Climbing out of bed in a luxury glamping tent to the nearby chatter of friendly llamas sounds like a uniquely lovely way to start the day, and even more so when it is in the heart of one of France’s most charming rural regions, the infamous Loire Valley; the Garden of France. The family friendly & pet friendly Loire Valley Llama Farm Stay, between Le Mans and Tours, offers visitors two Lotus Belle tents on their 17 acre farm with llamas and hens. All of which are happily free range, and friendly to visitors; this place is not some large commercial farming venture, it is a blissfully peaceful, little rural idyll, with a mixture of pastureland, woodland, (as well as a lake and a stream), and somewhere where the welfare of the farm animals (and the farm guests of course!) comes first. Note: The llama farm is a small intimate affair, with just two tents available to rent, so booking ahead is advised! THE ACCOMMODATION: They have two clean and comfortable rooms at the farmhouse; a double and a twin (one double and one single) and outside in the gardens there are two spacious, nicely furnished, tents offer ‘back to nature’ escapism without the need to sacrifice comfort. The tents have room for up to 4 or 5 sharing, and are made up as either a double bed with a pull out day bed converting to another double, or a King size bed with two single beds. All of them are proper, framed, beds with Egyptian cotton bedding and you’ll find them reliably comfortable every night. You’ll have an insulated PVC layer on the tent windows for the winter as well as a mesh layer on the windows and doors to keep you cool and keep the mosquitoes at bay in the summer. Plus, from late September, wood log burners are installed in the tents keeping them perfectly warm and cosy. Within 50m you’ll find the renovated barn where the shared bathroom facilities are, and include 2 separate toilets and a shower room. Outside of the tents there is a private seating area plus also, a little farther away, a large communal dining area next to READ MORE
- Le Rianon has a beautifully peaceful setting deep in the heart of central France. It offers B&B rooms as well as self catering accommodation including a cute wooden caravan. The farmhouse is classic old style French, and very atmospheric, with lots of old wood and stone and they have horses, donkeys and hens on their small farm. READ MORE
- Near to St. Etienne and among the high plains of Haute-Loire, Auvergne France, this unusual farmstay has very cute self-catering accommodation for up to four people in wooden caravans, surrounded by vegetable gardens and a small working farm. THE ACCOMMODATION: The caravans are more comfortable than you might imagine and they come with a kitchen, a dining area and each has their own private bathroom and shower. You can also order meals from the farmhouse; The owners are excellent cooks and and have a range of local specialities that you can try, and if you want to cook some yourself they can even offer free cooking lessons! THE FARM: The small farm has a number of dairy cows and ducks and grows potatoes and a number of other vegetables. There is also a playground on the farm and games for kids to play. And they will also entertain themselves by meeting some of the animals. THE LOCATION: Chomelix is in the Haute-Loire, Auvergne department (now amalgamated to form Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes), high on the Massif Central, traditionally thought of as France’s most isolated and poor region. Much of the area is around 1,000 meters above sea level and it can get snowbound frequently in winter. Still though it can be a truly gorgeous place for nature lovers; with wild and mysterious stretches full of dark forests and rocky hills. Chomelix itself is a slight step away from much of the barrenness of the Massif Central, and is a nice, unassuming little village, surrounded by farmland and forested hills, and has a gentle, relaxed pace of life. It sits at the edge of the Livradois-Forez National Park though and so you’ll find plenty of hiking in wild scenery, and it’s also not far from the spectacular Volcans d’Auvergne Park. The village itself wouldn’t be much visited by tourists but others in the area are: The main regional town Le Puy-en-Velay is a spectacular sight with its theatrical conical hills, and about 30 km away from the farmstay. Allegre, nearer still at about 10 km away is a pretty town with much history and has a nice position on the slopes of the Baury Volcano. READ MORE